Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Lazyfire posted:

What I'm reading here is that support has two types of mortars available and one of them can kill tanks and the other is for infantry and you guide the shells after you fire them somewhat. Looks like I'm still playing support and just dropping bombs on snipers/trying to hit a random plane with shells all day.

It works like the BF3 mortar, you fire on a location on the minimap but you watch it travel in flight so you can guide follow-up rounds. The travel time is lower than BF3 version and you can blindfire spam a chokepoint with shells.

I don't see it staying like this for long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I reaaaalllyyy want to play but saving $40ish dollars by waiting until Friday is too important to me.

I wonder why you can remove the bayonet. Does it affect accuracy at all? I guess they have attachments planned, but I can't figure out what you could possibly put in place of it.

History goons, what kind of wacky poo poo did soldiers put on the end of their gun besides big knives?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

I think they'll be doing something like that with the DLC, would be pretty nice.

Still hoping we'll get some limited soldier customisation options. I really don't like the skull shield of the German support.

Yeah, I mean if we're using weapons that didn't exist until the last month of the war, having a majority of soldiers with Gaede helmets is a little odd.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I think they'll be doing something like that with the DLC, would be pretty nice.

Still hoping we'll get some limited soldier customisation options. I really don't like the skull shield of the German support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

drat, you guys are making me want to spend money I don't need to be spending on this game.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bummer, stretching this last hour and a half of trial time until Thursday night is going to suck.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I'm getting a DX11 error after about an hour of playing on DX11 that crashes the game. On DX12 it runs kind of like poo poo and gets worse over time, even on low settings. Got a 770, maybe just showing its age? Really killing my desire to keep playing with the performance/crash issues. Tried rolling back my driver, disabling origin in game, no changes. Anyone else?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
A 770?! :wow:

Time to get with the times old man. We kids be runnin 1080's up in this bitch! :smuggo: (not me though)

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I'm managing on a GTX 460, so... :shrug:

Oh gods, I hope I can snag a 1070 in November :pray:

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Well time to hunt down something that'll fit in this Corsair 250D I have. And be a reasonable price.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Played some good matches and had my rear end kicked. Getting used to KB/M controls but very glad I bought it for PC. Went with the deluxe. EonweSA killed me twice :( One with a sniper shot from loving as far away as Guam. Also, DX12 really sucks. Went back to DX11. Started dropping frames like crazy. So I highly suggest DX11 in case you are having performance problems with DX12, and this is with a 1070 FTW.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
So excited, I can hardly wait! I might actually do it just cause I'll only be able to play about 10 hours between now and release.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone getting a weird bug during the Friends in High Places mission after you get shot down? I can't seem to move or do anything at all after the game throws me under a cart.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

Deakul posted:

Anyone getting a weird bug during the Friends in High Places mission after you get shot down? I can't seem to move or do anything at all after the game throws me under a cart.

I'm just about to start it; I'll let you know.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
That intro/tutorial :stare:

..I think i'm taking a day off tomorrow.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SeanBeansShako posted:

Sinai was alright. I just imagine people were bagging on it as it was the only map they could play and well, even if it was a nice looking desert it still was a bit bland to look at after a few hours.

I will gladly continue to play it live game. Choo choo death train.

My main issue with Sinai is that it's too drat huge for how few vehicles you got, probably could have cut out most of the eastern and southern parts of the map and have a much tighter experience

Also put down a pre-order for the standard edition, thanks to Amazon Prime, even after going with One Day Shipping I'm paying less than full price for it

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

What's a cool gun to unlock

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Google Butt posted:

What's a cool gun to unlock

Storm Madsen.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Hard posted:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I got the gold BAR in a battle chest but am not even close to unlocking one

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Booyah- posted:

I got the gold BAR in a battle chest but am not even close to unlocking one

Same medic too good

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Can you not change your loadouts from the main menu? Only when in a match?

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Can you not change your loadouts from the main menu? Only when in a match?

https://www.battlefield.com/companion/career/188090350/bf1

You can use the companion to do it from your browser, but it seems a bit buggy right now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Symetrique posted:

https://www.battlefield.com/companion/career/188090350/bf1

You can use the companion to do it from your browser, but it seems a bit buggy right now.

Yeah, I used that in the beta as well. I just thought it was odd you can change loadouts in a match, or on the web, but not from the main menu.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Operations is the new mode. All other modes are dead to me. Also the pilot campaign is epic as hellll.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Haven't felt this excited about a game in ages. Been a bit jaded, y'dig? An hour here, an hour there, not been feeling the hook. But I had a little sleep, woke up 1pm (after my all night Conquest binge) and rushed to have some toast and a cold beer so I'm ready for a long day in the trenches. I think today will be the next War Story followed by Operations until my eyes bleed.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

Hard posted:

..I think i'm taking a day off tomorrow.

I didn't have a problem with the pilot campaign trapping me under the cart.

Also glad I took tomorrow off.

That intro...

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

So just out of curiosity I took a look at the BF1 companion despite the fact I won't be playing until Friday and did not manage to get the beta downloaded in time to actually play it.

Apparently I'm already level 22 and have almost 5000xp toward level 23 already :psyduck:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Love the bug where you spawn in as cavalry with no horse hahahah. Sorry chaps me horse saw a bumble bee and took a proper tumble into the canal on the way here lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is this launch looking a lot better than the total clusterfuck that was the BF 4 launch? Because that game literally didn't work for months.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The MP 18 is kind of a turd.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Gotta jump in with everyone else and say "HOLY gently caress" this is really good and surprising how well they've done it. I'm blown away that the single player so far is pretty great. Just finished the tank chapter and it was tons of fun.

Sucks I gotta be up early tomorrow AND I'm on call tonight. But at least after a 1 hour didactic tomorrow I'm off for the rest of the day and don't have to be at work Weds till 1pm!! WOOOO!

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm so stupid for this game right now.

Also my hot tip if you want to make support a little more bearable is to turn off hit indicators or make them really transparent. It's easier to adjust your shots when you have less crap taking up your screen.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the selbstlater sniper and variable zoom owns god drat

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Protip: It is better to lose early on in Argonne and get the train.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
OMFG the pilot's war story is one of the greatest things I have ever played. It is loving epic. I actually made an exclamation of joy at one point flying towards the two zeppelins and then HOLY gently caress PLANES EVERYWHERE like in Return of the Jedi and I STRONGLY recommend you go into this mission unspoiled as that one moment that just blew my mind and I was yelling at the screen. Brilliant, brilliant final line of dialogue too. But for real, I was just hoping for a good campaign, I wasn't expecting one of the greatest singleplayer shooters ever. That final air battle is just... oh Jesus I was almost crying with happiness. It looks amazing, there's so much going on, planes sploding all over, there's some brilliant character work, and a whole bunch of surprises. It's all a cheesy old Biggles style romp but with a nice twist.

I'm old dudes. I used to buy shooters for the singleplayer campaigns, because in my day they often only had singleplayer campaigns anyway. And I'm telling you, this is the real deal. And a couple of hours per character is perfect, you get self-contained war movies that don't need to shoehorn a character into a bunch of ill-fitting situations because they separate them out into appropriate little vignettes.

Also, this game NEEDS an air-only combat mode, like Battlefront's Fighter Squadron.

But really, don't skip the campaign, there is gold here.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So how much space does this take up on PS4?(assuming one uses a disc)

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

drrockso20 posted:

So how much space does this take up on PS4?(assuming one uses a disc)

My digital version is 49 GB installed. Which for this level of graphical fidelity is pretty good all things considered.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Tried operations and it's awesome. Ballroom blitz followed by the forest map I can't remember the name of was so good. Going to work my way through the others later when I duck out of work early to play more shooty mans.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I broke down and bought the deluxe pack a few hours ago, and I am so glad I did. The game runs like a dream at medium on my gtx 760 and bayoneting people is something that will never get old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Parkingtigers posted:

It's all a cheesy old Biggles style romp but with a nice twist.

Well color me interested!