Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
drat March, three meltdowns in one day? You're making it hard for MoMA and Lazrin to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

like i'm loving candyman. no. you're right. it is definitely me who is mad.

hang on... anxiety every time they see me post anything.... obsessing over anything i do or don't do, or just making things up to be mad at, making up pet names for me, almost impossibly pathetic....

i've been getting the feeling for a while that most of the lovely posters itt are basically citizens just without spaceship pictures, and if that's true, you guys would be

hahahaha i have my own r/ds making me
You're a pretty terrible poster.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

your all shitizens

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Don't break your keyboard, Marching Powder, wouldn't want to lose your quality "I'm not melting down!" meltdowns.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Sandra (((Gardner)))

Mae DEMMING.
No wait. That was a real one.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
March can we get a list of the top 10 worst "threadmemes" so that we can avoid them in the future.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

As you may or may not know, we're currently in the process of moving off this old-rear end rickety shitbarge known as vB and migrating to a BRAND NEW PACKAGE OF WONDERFUL FORUM SOFTWARE THAT OFFERS FEATURES YOU WOULD'VE NEVER BELIEVED WERE POSSIBLE BACK IN 2002 OR 172 FOR THAT MATTER!

Also as you may or may not know WE DON'T HAVE MUCH MONEY BECAUSE WE'RE NOT POPULAR OR COOL ANYMORE AND EVERYBODY HAS MOVED ON TO poo poo LIKE SNAPCHAT OR INSTAGERM OR CLOWNCAR OR WHATEVER! So we're going to simply copy the quickest and easiest way to generate revenue in the history of the universe, which is do it the Star Citizen way!

If you donate now, I will personally draw and email to you a jpeg spaceship OF YOUR VERY OWN! Completely unique and amazing, each digital spaceship will have its own stats, numbers, weapons, and various other poo poo I come up with the drunker I get. The more money you donate, the bigger and better and more awesomer spaceship you will receive! Like if you donate under $10, I'll just send you a copy of six lines which may or may not intersect with each other, but if you donate $100,000,000... hoo boy, I'll spend at least 10 minutes on your drawing. It'll have the best stats, the biggest numbers, a bunch of weapons, all that poo poo. Nobody will be able to beat your awesome digital jpg spaceship!

And just like Star Citizen, these spaceships WILL ACTUALLY BE PLAYABLE in a future release! We guarantee it! You'll be able to shoot other spaceships with your spaceship in the upcoming SA Forums MMO: Spaceman Spaceship Wars (In Space), which will ship with SA Forums 20.0!

This is not a joke! I'm dead serious, especially about the being broke as a clown part, and I'm ready to start pumping out digital jpg spaceships for all the brave Goon Citizens who volunteer to take yet another hit in their wallet for the sake of a dumb outdated gay dead forum.

Please send us all your money now and reap the amazing rewards digital jpg spaceships of your dreams!

:laffo:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Better chart because I hosed up the last one. Orange is the total number of listed items on the date and blue is the number of items sold on said date

Interesting things to note is that only 1 Polaris was sold on October 12th and $3,416.68 was actually reclaimed while $18,215.88 total was listed.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 18, 2016

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

your you're all shitizens plebscrubs

Don't you guys miss Seraph?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
God drat it Marching Powder quit posting you loving rear end in a top hat you're making this thread worse. Everyone who casually reads this thread wishes these sperglords would quit gleefully mocking someone they're probably just as fat as and stop with the grade school level burns and the retarded empty shitposting. But your posting is worse than all of it.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

flyboi posted:

Better chart because I hosed up the last one. Orange is the total number of listed items on the date and blue is the number of items sold on said date

What happened on that Wednesday? I also like how CitizenCON was the second highest datapoint on the graph.

milk milk lemonade posted:

God drat it Marching Powder quit posting you loving rear end in a top hat you're making this thread worse. Everyone who casually reads this thread wishes these sperglords would quit gleefully mocking someone they're probably just as fat as and stop with the grade school level burns and the retarded empty shitposting. But your posting is worse than all of it.
It's true. All of it. Minus the fat part. Idk, I am kinda on that border between a 10 and an 8. I'd love to be a six but I like food too much. :shobon:

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 18, 2016

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Raskolnikov posted:

What happened on that Wednesday? I also like how CitizenCON was the second highest datapoint on the graph.

What happened 72 hours (most popular listing time) before Wednesday?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Yo Derek, set Marching Powder a mod challenge to not post for 30 days or get probated for 30 days.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=5987&perpage=40#post465401779

You replied to this and "fixed it", he tried to explain the joke he was initially making. Notice who he was replying to.

This thread is moving so fast I'm really not surprised you forgot it, heh.

Good point. It is almost a job keeping up with this thread.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

It's true. All of it. Minus the fat part. Idk, I am kinda on that border between a 10 and an 8. I'd love to be a six but I like food too much. :shobon:
dont worry, I'm refactoring my thin pipeline so I should have abs again sometime in 2018

I'll have some concept images of what my abs will probably look like sometime next week

they'll sell for gourmet pizza, but you can prebuy with in n out double doubles if you'd like

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
also kinda bummed I wasn't at citcon this year, lets go next year ras

I'll get tix

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Somebody needs to alert them the feud from 3 or so years ago is over.

Frontier made a game, and even a few DLC for it with more on the way.

If Star Citizen or Squadron 42 came out tomorrow, Elite will still already be made.

This "Us vs Them" nonsense is so silly that it's going to probably physically hurt them when they realize how corny it is.

Maybe somebody needs to convince Volition to make Freespace 3 or something, so they can have a new feud to rally behind.

Though I still think Volition would win the race to release even if they started 2 years from now. :3:

Yeah, AND you can batter a Shivan to death with a giant dong in the third person view!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
And because stacked != what I thought stacked was, I hosed up the chart again. Here's the legit numbers. Blue is number listed and orange is actually sold.

This is why I stick to shell languages I am not made for accounting.

Edit: looks like eBay stops listing unsold product ~31 days so anything before Sep 17 is moot.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 18, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

also kinda bummed I wasn't at citcon this year, lets go next year ras

I'll get tix
Deal. I am serious. :)

edit: they might even have a presentation this time!

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 18, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

orcinus posted:

Thefuck did i just read.
Why did i just read it.

It's like in the original street fighter 2 where Ryu (the worst character) was actually the best because he sucked so much that you would totally have to put so much effort into him that you would somehow become much better than all those Guile players and their easy wins!

And besides my definition of "best" is different than anybody's else, and right, and you're dumb.

That is my super correct argument and I'm totally right.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

That's what I don't get about Ben, he just eats loving poo poo. Be fat if you want to, it's not my problem but at least do it by eating nice food.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Sunswipe posted:

Just hit me that Shitizens are like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Lucy Roberts keeps setting it up, Charlie Shitizen convinces himself that he'll get it this time, Lucy snatches it away at the last moment. Then Lucy asks for another few million dollars to hold the football again, only Charlie will get to kick it this time, honest.

Charlie Brown Sea

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

dont worry, I'm refactoring my thin pipeline

penispump.flv

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Sabreseven posted:

It was:

Then:

Then:

I'm scared.

Star Citizen: My God...it's full of meltdowns.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

lazorexplosion posted:

Yo Derek, set Marching Powder a mod challenge to not post for 30 days or get probated for 30 days.
That's a really lame challenge to be honest.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

flyboi posted:

And because stacked != what I thought stacked was, I hosed up the chart again. Here's the legit numbers. Blue is number listed and orange is actually sold.

This is why I stick to shell languages I am not made for accounting.

Edit: looks like eBay stops listing unsold product ~31 days so anything before Sep 17 is moot.

So you're saying that starcitizen is selling better than ever?

BRB, investing in some quality chariots.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/FRDarkRod/status/788073187556851712
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788073974106361856
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788195716111994881
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788198606926995456
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788203859135037440
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788211228334317568
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788211355471978496
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788211458639273984
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788211635156553728

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 18, 2016

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The last mod challenge Derek gave was to that dude with the Velma avatar who rage-quit the thread a couple pages ago and nobody even acknowledged him.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

The last mod challenge Derek gave was to that dude with the Velma avatar who rage-quit the thread a couple pages ago and nobody even acknowledged him.
I'm the guy who draws the line at a bad joke on page 6,000 of the Star Citizen thread.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sabreseven posted:

It was:

Then:

Then:

I'm scared.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I'm still not sure what CIG is doing that's "ahead of the industry", can anyone list their industry firsts?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CrazyTolradi posted:

I'm still not sure what CIG is doing that's "ahead of the industry", can anyone list their industry firsts?

being unable to make an fps in cryengine

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the thread winds and turns but annoying lethality's twitter account is forever

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

alf_pogs posted:

being unable to make an fps in cryengine
I was going to say scamming nerds out of their SSI checks without remorse but plenty of other developers do that too.

I think the catch this time is they are doing it with a tech demo instead of an actual game. Innovation!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

milk milk lemonade posted:

So you agree with everything I say, but my posting is bad? Yeah I'll take it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CrazyTolradi posted:

oh i thought of another one! maintaining the employment of ben lesnick

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Debating going to one of these nutty CitizenCons with everybody.

Though I have a feeling this may have been the last one.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
CIG gives the term ”retcon” a whole new meaning.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

see you at CitCon 2017 mother fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Marching Powder gets points for meltdown effort but he's still no Brendan.

• Locked thread