Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

why do we live on this earth. what is the point

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that's 2k words long about how being sexually abused means you should be woke 24/7, about how a famous celebrity will swing the election, and includes a correction pertaining to posts she made on myspace about how "republicans do it better". I'm less angry that at the lady who wrote it and more than someone would publish that. that no one said no, you don't get to waste everyone's time with this.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Not really woke, but still one of the weirdest bits of product placement ever:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Starship Troopers was extremely woke, but I don't remember if that pic was from the good one or not.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
#unwoke #brands

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The Kingfish posted:

Starship Troopers was extremely woke, but I don't remember if that pic was from the good one or not.

That's from the Veerhoven classic when Casper Van Dien washes out of future bootcamp and calls his parents. 9 out of 10 future fascist governments agree that AT&T provides the most reliable telecommunications. Though as I recall, despite the fact mankind has developed faster than light travel, somehow the reception on AT&T's earth based communication grid still sucks.

I'm really curious how much AT&T paid for that product placement. It's the only example I can think of in the film.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Bro Dad has issued a correction as of 11:43 on Oct 14, 2016

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
holy poo poo

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I bet trump would of get very mad about the tracer's butt drama.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
incredible twist http://imgur.com/gallery/GEtI3

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

wasn't there also a comic something like this but with superman? i am sure superman just flew up and hug the jumper and that was it.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
overwatch sucks

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

shots fired

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

reminder for this page

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

devtesla posted:

overwatch sucks

Same. A game in which foreigners are all evil and only americans are good and just.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i'm not a narcissist

im a high-functioning narcissist

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

Same. A game in which foreigners are all evil and only americans are good and just.

That's not what I meant but sure

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

thanks, smirnoff, good to know

bonus: "Please do not forward to those who are under the legal purchase age for alcohol"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Peanut President posted:

I'm not getting the joke here.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Peanut President posted:

detecting brown erasure in this post

mods

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that was paid for by a PAC started by the guys who made Cards Against Humanity. i wish i were joking

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
I know not what dank snapchats and VR interactive ads the Meme War of 2020 will be fought with, but 2024 will be fought with progressive jpegs and animated gifs of a rotating skull.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Peanut President posted:

Only foreigners from Mexico, France and Australia are evil.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Laphroaig posted:

I know not what dank snapchats and VR interactive ads the Meme War of 2020 will be fought with, but 2024 will be fought with progressive jpegs and animated gifs of a rotating skull.

:golfclap:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Kraft foods extends our thoughts and prayers to the campaign office that was firebombed. Such actions have no place in American democracy. Try our macaroni and cheese: it's the cheesiest.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Jewel Repetition posted:

Kraft foods extends our thoughts and prayers to the campaign office that was firebombed. Such actions have no place in American democracy. Try our macaroni and cheese: it's the cheesiest.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Cyron posted:

wasn't there also a comic something like this but with superman? i am sure superman just flew up and hug the jumper and that was it.

There's a bunch of mostly lovely riffs on it but the original is good. It's super sincere and lacks any subtly like the best superman stuff

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's really bad actually lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

devtesla posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

devtesla posted:

I'll die on this hill

If you hate yourself here's a 7 page version of the exact same thing
http://imgur.com/gallery/Ijdxh

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

devtesla posted:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

It's never as bad as it seems

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
it takes courage to start a conversation on the subway because your fellow passengers are legally and morally entitled to kill you where you stand

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I don't know about you guys but I find it takes a lot of courage to socialize as an extremely attractive rich white 30-something

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

this ad is making me want to look up some cool ray-bans to buy...on my phone.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

tim cook's stellar supply chain management skills will make him a great fit for vp