Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Other people have the info. Just wait a little longer for them to release it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Classtoise posted:

Also apparently they've told Joe to stop before so it might not be a Cease and Desist, it might be the last straw.

The last real big leak was Black and White (since at the time X&Y came out the 3DS was still decently secure.) and all the fan sites got a cease and desist.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Apparently, much like Smash 3DS, Pokemon SM will shut down the system software while running, so the device will reboot whenever you close SM and you cannot access miiverse or the internet during play.

If it's anything like Smash and Monster Hunter then that won't be the case on the new 3ds

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh whatev i dont know who the guy or site is but his teasing act is wack

He's the owner of Serebii and, as said, has gotten in trouble before.

I don't blame him, but I'm also laughing at him because Joe's a pretty eyerolling worthy guy.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
someone repost the leaks here when twitter/4chan finally gets around to posting them

thanks

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Improbable Lobster posted:

If it's anything like Smash and Monster Hunter then that won't be the case on the new 3ds

Wait, does this mean no online trading? Cuz that seems like it'd be kind of a problem.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Supremezero posted:

Wait, does this mean no online trading? Cuz that seems like it'd be kind of a problem.

No, just no Miiverse or Browser. Internal internet is fine. Smash would suck without it after all.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It means no opening another app/thing while SM is running

Since trading goes on in-game that obv won't be affected

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Supremezero posted:

Internet browser.

Edit: Trainer tip: Refresh pages often to avoid looking like an idiot!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Supremezero posted:

no

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

HoneyBoy posted:

someone repost the leaks here when twitter/4chan finally gets around to posting them

thanks

Smogon's got you covered.

Fair warning, that link probably has hella spoilers depending on when you open it. It's just trickling in now but I am not responsible if y'all click that and find out Alolan Mega Dragonite is really just two Salamence taped together.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yes, right, that's what I meant.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Classtoise posted:

Smogon's got you covered.

Fair warning, that link probably has hella spoilers depending on when you open it. It's just trickling in now but I am not responsible if y'all click that and find out Alolan Mega Dragonite is really just two Salamence taped together.

According to that thread the obviously fake "leak" about split starter evos, is, to no one's shock, fake.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

People with the demo (:smuggo:) how do you get the chick to rock up on the beach so you can photograph the mullettrio?

The Letter A posted:

the demo seems to have some date-specific content. i'm betting it's just items and whatnot you can send to the full version when it comes out, but here are the ones I've found so far:

oct 19 - guy outside pokemon center
oct 23 - girl in southwest
nov 2 - pikachu's birthday - city hall
nov 5 - shady deal at the marina
nov 11 - girl in marina, nervous about riding ships

Quoting this so I can find it easily later.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

hopeandjoy posted:

He's the owner of Serebii and, as said, has gotten in trouble before.

I don't blame him, but I'm also laughing at him because Joe's a pretty eyerolling worthy guy.

Oh, I didn't realize he was the Serebii guy, I just thought he was some random schmo with the knowhow to datamine the demo who was being all "look at what I have and you don't".

That, uh, changes things.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Smogon data miners claim the eta to get all this out will be 40 minutes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CuddlyZombie posted:

Oh, I didn't realize he was the Serebii guy, I just thought he was some random schmo with the knowhow to datamine the demo who was being all "look at what I have and you don't".

That, uh, changes things.

yeah, i don't blame the guy for saying that there's poo poo to be revealed but not actually saying anything about it. nintendo very much has the power to clamp down on him and his site.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I want to encourage the them to mine faster, but I also don't want them to hit a pocket of gas and pass out either. :ohdear:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Meanwhile at Game Freak, Masuda browses Smogon while downing a six pack.

"Why loving bother", Masuda mutters as fiddles with the revolver he keeps in the stuffed Geodude on his desk.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
We also got confirmation the chinese leak with Beltigre/Robinroot/Sirene is real and the split evo one is not.

R

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I can't believe that Mega Dragonite is really just two Salamence taped together.

I salute all those brave data miners for powering our thread with all the data they mine!

Zoran fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 18, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also Alolan Golem being a normal/fire type is... weird

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

People with the demo (:smuggo:) how do you get the chick to rock up on the beach so you can photograph the mullettrio?

Quoting this so I can find it easily later.

Apparently it's random, just leave adn return to the area until there's a lady right next to the water.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Zoran posted:

I can't believe that Mega Dragonite is really just two Salamence taped together.

I salute all those brave data miners for powering our thread with all the data they mine!

That;s really hosed up, but cool

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

hopeandjoy posted:

I want to encourage the them to mine faster, but I also don't want them to hit a pocket of gas and pass out either. :ohdear:

The wars between the data miners' unions and the data mine owners are the stuff of legend in West Virginia.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some shithead from Texas A&M ran scripts so now the project pokemon IRC is locked down.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i actually dont even want signif spoilers lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/MAGMA0803/status/788231906915590146

Straight up confirmed, paralysis cuts speed in half now.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

That's why you set free a pom-pom Oricorio first

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zore posted:

Also Alolan Golem being a normal/fire type is... weird

pic

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://twitter.com/MAGMA0803/status/788231906915590146

Straight up confirmed, paralysis cuts speed in half now.

Paging countblanc, because lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Super No Vacancy posted:

i actually dont even want signif spoilers lol

Saaaaame. I might duck out of the thread soon but I might also not if I won't remember what days unlock demo stuff.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Paralysis halving speed is really funny, especially since it'll so rarely matter

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/788242913402564612

Whelp

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Paralysis halving speed is really funny, especially since it'll so rarely matter

they're going to remove the chance to not move I can feel it in my core

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Masuda's cigar hits the floor and he shoots a random underling.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I knew it, I knew Game Freak were incapable of being competent programmers.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That's a pretty major oversight.