Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
A Melanin Foamy rear end

= (

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

It's funny how MoMA can take a joke better than Meeps, an SA user of 8 years.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Is that a tactical or camo cat? Asking for a friend.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

http://amomentincrime.com/

0.0079% to go :kingsley:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Is that a tactical or camo cat? Asking for a friend.

Camo cat, of course.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
anymaleofmainass and mr china derp wog.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 18, 2016

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Remember that the only thing CIG said to expect this year is a new patcher and the opportunity to get on the Spectrum.

2.6 going to 2017 would be delicious. Somehow I can not fathom such level of major screw up. CIG surely needs to deliver something "playable" by Christmas no? Or do you think they will settle for some kind of demo?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

Isn't this familiar!

The thing about it is, I specifically remember Roberts being interviewed back in 2012 exactly about Molyneux and his rampant overhyping and underdelivering, and how that might pertain to Star Citizen which was even back then being hyped to hell with its promises. And I remember his exact answer was that he felt that Molyneux was just unfortunately that type of developer, who let things get out of control and got carried away.

And yet mr. mushmouth failed to apply any of that insight onto himself, to keep himself from falling into the same trap and here we are in something far worse. :v:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

MedicineHut posted:

2.6 going to 2017 would be delicious. Somehow I can not fathom such level of major screw up. CIG surely needs to deliver something "playable" by Christmas no?

You mean like they did last year?

Oh wait...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

(well UEC, which I may or may not sell for cash).

I miss Diablo3's scam house.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's about to; they're in extended mechanics testing, which is the prep for 2.6

Extended of what? Extended is good, yeah?

I also like if they use enhanced. Enhanced is even better.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Tokamak posted:

I remember making a couple posts about it, back when this update was coming 'soon'. It was going to be an update to Arc Corp, back when the game was still planned as separate modules. After 2.0 got released, it completely fell off everyone's radar. From every indication that they've given, they encountered production problems with their contractor (Kythera). Their recent videos talk about how the German studio is building the tools, and doing all of the work in-house. This doesn't jive with the notion that it was supposed to be close to release over a year ago.

The AI got Star Marine'd and no one noticed.

It's amazing how much of this stuff falls through the cracks. This may have been pre-disillusionment for me (barely). I remember them showing the AI being worked on. Stuff like janitors cleaning up bartenders, well, tending bar, patrons drinking, walking around and finding seats, etc.

Seemed like it was days or weeks away....

It's almost like some.... I don't know, some kind of PATTERN or something, man....

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, subsumption, man. It's gonna be sick.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Big yellow erection flailing around in the desert dot gif

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

Stanton may or may not already be complete.
3.0 likely won't hit this year. We'll definitely (most likely) see 2.6 drop though.

I know the development is the openest it could possibly be but as a skeptic I don't keep up with the latest information on the project as much as a loyalist so please tell me friend, what can we expect in 2.6?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'd like to remind everyone that Civ 6 comes out in 3 days. It may be good or it may be bad (it will be good), but it is definitely a game and definitely being released and also you can kill Gandhi in it.

Also don't forget to call your parents and tell them that you love them.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

This made me laugh.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Tokamak posted:

He is using the Citizen measurement of development for sequels. Once a game is released, the sequel is immediately in development. Then you need to add a few more years since most developers think about a sequel while the original game is being made. So it took six years, and over a thousand people (everyone who ever touched it, worked in legal, catering, or was a voice actor for a foreign language).

But Star Citizen, that was done in 3 years. Anything longer doesn't count. Stop spreading FUD.

I hope Cyberpunk 2077 comes out before SC.

That would be funny.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

2.6 going to 2017 would be delicious. Somehow I can not fathom such level of major screw up. CIG surely needs to deliver something "playable" by Christmas no? Or do you think they will settle for some kind of demo?

I have no doubt they'll release 2.6 sometime before the end of the year, the backlash would be too severe if they didn't. And it will no doubt be the same janky mess that the recent releases has been, with maybe a new flyable chariot. But with anything significant? Nope,

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ripptide posted:

I have no doubt they'll release 2.6 sometime before the end of the year, the backlash would be too severe if they didn't. And it will no doubt be the same janky mess that the recent releases has been, with maybe a new flyable chariot. But with anything significant? Nope,

Star Marine is the notable addition with 2.6, with two playable maps. If it does get released before 2017, just how broken will it be?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Quavers posted:

Star Marine is the notable addition with 2.6, with two playable maps. If it does get released before 2017, just how broken will it be?

A rhetorical question of course

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

scrubs season six posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that Civ 6 comes out in 3 days. It may be good or it may be bad (it will be good), but it is definitely a game and definitely being released and also you can kill Gandhi in it.

Also don't forget to call your parents and tell them that you love them.

If you do not pre-order it, they lock game content off for 6 months.

gently caress CIV 6.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MedicineHut posted:

Extended of what? Extended is good, yeah?

I also like if they use enhanced. Enhanced is even better.

Ship speed and flight mechanics

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Quavers posted:

Considering it's a year and a half late and entirely based on stuff that was "already in the game" it's not like it'll be an impressive accomplishment if it's released and isn't that buggy.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

trucutru posted:

Not a video but check out Hidetaka Miyazaki's way of dealing with artists in Dark Souls (one of the games with best design ever) and general direction approach.

http://peterbarnard1984.tumblr.com/post/74564331274/dark-souls-design-works-translation

Like, imagine Croberts working like that. :lol:

"Make that pixel green"

The artist got to pick any of four green hues for that pixel. Any. One.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lime Tonics posted:

gently caress CIV 6.

3 months, and it's one race. I think it's a fair approach.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

gently caress CIV 6.

It is my first ever pre-order (via CDKeys for €36), after watching Total Biscuit's Initial Thoughts on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9fAlfEh6I

Mainly based off his comment that he felt it didn't obviously appear to be missing anything from previous Civ's, and so not immediately require expansions to be as good as the prior iterations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

gently caress CIV 6.

You get the Aztec civilization 90 days early. BFD.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

3 months, and it's one race. I think it's a fair approach.

They changed it to 3 months? used to be 6, still gently caress um.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Progress status: There are more ships to finish today that there were 2 months ago.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Oleyo posted:

I hope Cyberpunk 2077 comes out before SC.

That would be funny.

The game or the point in history?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ship speed and flight mechanics

Trust me, give a try with enhanced rather than extended and see how it goes.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

trucutru posted:

Progress status: There are more ships to finish today that there were 2 months ago.

That loving square. Gets me every time.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Chalks posted:

That loving square. Gets me every time.

The banu merchantman is a total rip-off from the borg.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The banu merchantman is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVIegSt81k

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

And before anyone asks me: yes, I'm ashamed I haven't shed that particular vestige of my Tolkien period

I liked the lore and legend of the Silmarillion. It woulda been nice if he coulda whipped it into an actual concise book form before he died though.

It pretty disjointed and therefore a tough read, as is.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Ben Lesnick interview with INN from CitCon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPzNkuE_VsU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:flaccid:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Quavers posted:

That remains to be seen.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
"You're not backing for the game, you're backing for the adventure of making the game...It's very much for the adventure. At this point I say everybody go out and buy star citizen be part of this great community and take part in the highs and lows with us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
There's no such thing as entropy. If entropy were real then there would have to be some massive power source constantly dumping power into the Earth. Don't believe everything your "teachers" tell you.

• Locked thread