Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
How boring.

However, what's not boring is Liz doing a psycho crusher for her NP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRgzgLPZaMQ

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

...and despite her bland art, people are still excited to roll for Cleo because she's voiced by TsundeRie

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

HiveCommander posted:

...and despite her bland art, people are still excited to roll for Cleo because she's voiced by TsundeRie

Ugh, it's been a while since I've been so disappointed.
I guess I had my own expectations built on how Cleo looks/sounds.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Liz is the real star servant of this event. Aside from being a dq warrior parody, she also probably has the best/flashiest np out of this event's featured servants.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HiveCommander posted:

I have never been more disappointed by a servant since Jack's design was revealed years ago when Apocrypha was some lovely web browser game.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

wet your whistlers mother posted:

I have never been more disappointed by a servant since Jack's design was revealed years ago when Apocrypha was some lovely web browser game.

At least there's Jack from Fate/strange fake if that's any consolation at this point.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

What I really want to know is:

WHY IS KAZIKLI BEY SINGLE TARGET

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

InfinityComplex posted:

What I really want to know is:

WHY IS KAZIKLI BEY SINGLE TARGET

Be happy, single target NPs are best.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So why is Cleopatra an Assassin anyway

Because AFAIK the only remotely assassin-y thing she did was... uh, against herself when she had the asp bite her.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because she rides on a loving snake, I don't actually know and I'm sure the in-lore reason will turn up eventually

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
She might be the first 5 stars AOE NP assasin if anyone care. Most assasin are single np.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nyaa posted:

She might be the first 5 stars AOE NP assasin if anyone care. Most assasin are single np.

Shuten Douji says hi
She'll drink sake from your skull for forgetting about her

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She has a buster NP, so she's definitely the first one emphasizes buster

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Cleo's final card art is so BORING compared to her actual final sprite.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grausherra posted:

Even the final art gargles balls

She looks like a knockoff Tharja.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Used a Cleopatra and I'm starting to warm up to her. One of her buster attacks is to moon walk and flick crit stars at enemies.a

If anything, she'll style on punks despite her boring character design.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
She's styling as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnaF9hIuUu4

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Final card art boring as gently caress, final sprite, is pretty loving metal.

If I recall my Cleo history correctly, she also had her youngest sister killed and her brother-husband too. Assassin's starting to make more sense.

Don't like her voice though.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 19, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like her, and a 5* Assassin would be great, buuuuuut Semiramis....

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

InfinityComplex posted:

Liz is the real star servant of this event. Aside from being a dq warrior parody, she also probably has the best/flashiest np out of this event's featured servants.

She's more Ghosts and Goblins than DQ in her animations. It rules.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Jeanne Alter's new bond CE is pretty :gonk:

https://kazemai.github.io/fgo-vz/ceData.html?no=350

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Sometimes I forget that Jeanne in general got burnt at the stake and Jeanne Alter's just kind of a joke character to me, but then TM brings in poo poo like this and it reminds you and makes you go "Oh yeah :("

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Jeanne Alter is Shireen come back to life angry at god.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Can we pinpoint the moment the franchise stopped bothering to explain the some of the servants being women? Was it Drake?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I don't think they stopped doing that with the exception of Nobu.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Altera: Space Alien
Orion: It's Artemis
Ushi: No explanation
Xuanzang: The original text is ambivalent and Xuanzang is depicted as a woman on several media before Fate.
Da Vinci: Used Grail Magic to attain the perfect body of the Mona Lisa
Onis: No explanation

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Arbite posted:

Can we pinpoint the moment the franchise stopped bothering to explain the some of the servants being women? Was it Drake?

The only explanation needed is that big titty historic people are good

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Arbite posted:

Nobu is the only genderswap who hasn't been explained, and she's quite frankly a joke character to begin with.

Drake: Hinted to actually be Queen Elizabeth.
Altera: The Attila we knew was one of her aides, and everyone just assumed she was a concubine or something.
Ushi: A lot of Yoshitsune's entire life was shrouded in mystery to begin with, you could pretty easily squeeze in a genderswap.
Orion: It's actually Artemis.
Okita: He was well-known for being very pretty, and his role was often played by girls.
Jack: Jack the Ripper's identity was a mystery to begin with.
Frankenstein's Monster: The setting details of Frankenstein were changed up.
Shuten/Ibaraki: Their stories were sorta mixed up going into Fate, and there's a tale where Ibaraki transformed into a girl.
Xuanzang: His gender has such little impact on his character that many retellings of Journey to the West (including the most famous one in Japan) had him played by a girl.
Raikou: Yorimitsu historically had a sibling with a feminine name. The writers ran with it.
Da Vinci: Was actually gender swapped due to the fame of Mona Lisa.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Actually, Da Vinci did it on purpose when he got summoned.

Also, booya:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Now we know why the pyramid is upside-down and it's BRILLIANT! :classiclol:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I swear to loving god I knew the Castlevania reference was coming eventually

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Siegfried sending us back to the beginning was just the perfect Ghosts and Goblins reference and a fitting dick move. This event is hilarious, I just about died when Lancelot showed up disguised as his berserker form and hurled insults in english at us, guy must really not want to be scolded by Mashu.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Wow, the shop theme is really nice.

It's definitely wrong but did Ozy use his loving NP to crash Cleo's pyramid into the castle? Also Cleo collapsing in front of Caesar is hilarious to me for some reason.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The deed is done.

Now to wait for the Bond CE.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm thinking of tossing a couple grails at my Shikisassin. She has significantly better skills than Jack and an L5 NP, which, to an extent, makes up for not having the ability to deal extra damage to females with it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I'm thinking of tossing a couple grails at my Shikisassin. She has significantly better skills than Jack and an L5 NP, which, to an extent, makes up for not having the ability to deal extra damage to females with it.

So what is NP5. Like do people manage to consistently get their NP bar to 300% or is it about chaining three NP's to 500%? Consistently?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk how to get my NP to 300 consistently except on certain stages.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

So what is NP5. Like do people manage to consistently get their NP bar to 300% or is it about chaining three NP's to 500%? Consistently?

NP5 just means getting enough duplicate copies of a Servant to get their NP to level 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Depends on the stage. Usually the first wave is weak enough for you to get as much charge before they die from your art/quick hits. Bringing a weak servant with bunch of art card help.

Beside double waver plus really good self np charge (high speed chanting, etc), tesla can also boost an np to count 100% higher.

Lastly, spend three command seal and wait for next day recharge to boost it 400% total.

You usually only needs to charge to 300% and np chain it to 500%.