Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's good that they at least seem to have figured out the new direction for Symmetra. If she has any brand new abilities, that'll mean they need to work on new assets/animations, so it would make sense that they're not putting out anything public-facing yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Symmetra is totally Sombra, Indian Tech Support getting back at all those horrible Help Desk requests from Winston.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Thor-Stryker posted:

Symmetra is totally Sombra, Indian Tech Support getting back at all those horrible Help Desk requests from Winston.

That reminds me, we need more dialogue between different characters already, you'd think that Junkrat would have something to say to Bastion or Zenyatta for example

Also we need more Omnic characters, it's kinda surprising that we only have two

strong bird
May 12, 2009

We need more poorly written and performed dialogue in this game imqho. Its stupid that everyones fretting over a new character when we just know there won't be any epic one liners between the goblin guy and the orb indian.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

He likes david hasselhof!!! hes german!!!!! the game is in the future!!!!! david hasselhof is from the past!! funny!!!!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

That reminds me, we need more dialogue between different characters already, you'd think that Junkrat would have something to say to Bastion or Zenyatta for example

One touch I really enjoy is that Junkrat is the only character who insults Zenyatta personally when he gets discorded.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
With all this Symmetra talk, I just watched a clip that perfectly sums up her play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMmbN7T5bvQ

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

drrockso20 posted:

there's one, Bastion's not an omnic

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

strong bird posted:

He likes david hasselhof!!! hes german!!!!! the game is in the future!!!!! david hasselhof is from the past!! funny!!!!

calm down beavis

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the line is 'settle down beavis', my man.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

settle down beavis, my man

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

drrockso20 posted:

We are due for an evil robot imo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

More evil/villian characters in general would be cool.

Right now we have:
Reaper
Widow
Junkrat
Roadhog

questionable:
McCree
Symmetra
Hanzo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't know any of the lore in this game and that's why I feel comfortable killing any character I encounter.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

If you go by hate posts on reddit, Mei is the evil mastermind behind everything

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

strong bird posted:

We need more poorly written and performed dialogue in this game imqho. Its stupid that everyones fretting over a new character when we just know there won't be any epic one liners between the goblin guy and the orb indian.

counterpoint: goofy characterization is a great part of this dumb cartoon game and acting like you are too cool for it in fact makes you seem incredibly lame

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Away all Goats posted:

Right now we have:
Reaper
Widow
Junkrat
Roadhog

questionable:
McCree
Symmetra
Hanzo

How'd you miss Bastion?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bastion has a pet bird and therefore is a sweet innocent soul :colbert:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

counterpoint: goofy characterization is a great part of this dumb cartoon game and acting like you are too cool for it in fact makes you seem incredibly lame

I'm very cool and attractive, actually, and good at the game to boot.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Chaotic:
Reaper, Widowmaker, Junkrat, Roadhog, Sombra

Ruthless:
Bastion, Hanzo, McCree, Symmetra

Jaded:
Ana, D.Va, Soldier: 76, Torbjörn, Zarya

Altruistic:
Genji, Lúcio, Mei, Mercy, Pharah, Reinhardt, Tracer, Winston, Zenyatta

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pharah is The Most Boring Character

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
There's something satisfying about playing Mercy and seeing 50% of team damage taken at the end. 50% of what the enemy team did was basically pointless.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Pharah is The Most Boring Character

You're wrong, Generic Cowboy is the Most Boring Character

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Fateo McMurray posted:

You're wrong, Generic Cowboy is the Most Boring Character

But Generic Cowboy wrapped in American Flag is god tier.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Naerasa posted:

But Generic Cowboy wrapped in American Flag is god tier.

Hope you got that RNG drop (I did and that's the only skin he'll ever have)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Here's a recap of what got figured out for the Sombra ARG: http://www.overpwn.com/news/233-sombra-recap-for-october-19th-2016

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Has any of that figured out what her attack/alt/ult is gonna be? Or what the release date of her character on the PTR is gonna be? No? Then who gives a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I bought Overwatch in early June to play with some friends but lost interest in it and didn't pick it up again until recently. I get like 200-250 ms ping for all modes, regardless of graphic quality (I can get a stable 60 fps on high) or whether I'm connect via ethernet or on wireless. I'm not downloading or streaming anything and no one else is on my network. I don't get higher than 50 ms for other games like dota or SC2 so what's going on here?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

Right now we have:
Reaper
Widow
Junkrat
Roadhog

questionable:
McCree
Symmetra
Hanzo

Honestly I wouldn't really call either Junkrat or Roadhog evil, they're more Chaotic Neutral than anything

Also if Winston eventually succeeds in reviving Overwatch as an organization, I really want to see Junkrat and Roadhog get forced into joining it, if just cause them being made to act like good guys would be hilarious

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Their shady lore is very unambiguously evil and venal. They turned a huge chunk of Australia into Fallout, basically

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fateo McMurray posted:

Has any of that figured out what her attack/alt/ult is gonna be? Or what the release date of her character on the PTR is gonna be? No? Then who gives a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I like the neat puzzle stuff, sorry that nothing short of a full reveal bores you so much

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Right now we have:
Reaper
Widow
Junkrat
Roadhog

questionable:
McCree
Symmetra
Hanzo

What did McCree ever do wrong? iirc the only EU material of him is a comic of him busting up a train robbery

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Their shady lore is very unambiguously evil and venal. They turned a huge chunk of Australia into Fallout, basically

Roadhog turned Australia into Fallout/Mad Max world, but Junkrat wasn't involved in it.

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 20, 2016

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i do like how you have the vast majority of the cast being unambiguously altruistic, selfless, and best buddies 4 lyfe and then they go and kill each other over a pointless train car thing anyways while the entire plot is about ??? evil robot gods / terrorist dudes ???

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well Roadhog did that by accident, and Junkrat wasn't involved at all with that

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

flatluigi posted:

I like the neat puzzle stuff, sorry that nothing short of a full reveal bores you so much

Well what have you learned about how she will play from this puzzle?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

drrockso20 posted:

Well Roadhog did that by accident, and Junkrat wasn't involved at all with that
so just the murders and bank robberies then. real neutral stuff :roflolmao:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ah, status quo then

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

strong bird posted:

I'm very cool and attractive, actually, and good at the game to boot.

That's OP, Blizz pls nerf

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i do like how you have the vast majority of the cast being unambiguously altruistic, selfless, and best buddies 4 lyfe and then they go and kill each other over a pointless train car thing anyways while the entire plot is about ??? evil robot gods / terrorist dudes ???

there is no plot involved in this game, it's like the multiplayer mode in a single player game. none of it matters until they release something else with the overwatch name that isn't a competitive shooter

flatluigi posted:

Here's a recap of what got figured out for the Sombra ARG: http://www.overpwn.com/news/233-sombra-recap-for-october-19th-2016

I skipped to the end and basically this arg is just saying "alright wait a week and do it again"? why is the reward for their sombra things always just more arg things to decode or timers to wait out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
overwatch heroes greatest flaws

genji: doesnt send thank you cards
mccree: smokes indoors
pharah: uses fossil fuels
reaper: would probably punch a baby, terrorism, littering
76: trump supporter
tracer: annoying accent
bastion: probably mulched an entire family in a hail of gunfire, spooked a bird once
hanzo: party pooper, doesnt tip
junkrat: aussie 9/11 stuff or somethin
mei: preserved falun gong organs
torbjorn: short
widowmaker: murders people, eats silver
dva: says "lol" out loud
reinhardt: is reinhardt
roadhog: actual serial murderer
winston: not a real doctor
zarya: robot racist
ana: faked death to avoid child support payment
lucio: poser