Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

CrimsonAuthor posted:

I'm 99% sure Wizards 1/2 are these (Spoilers within):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090333/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090334/

They're Roger Corman movies (from his company at least), apparently spinoffs of Deathstalker, so Shout should have the rights to them.

The trailers and posters for these are glorious. :swoon:

I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

TVs Ian posted:

RiffTrax did the first one of those, but I think they had to pull it for some kind of rights issues. Unless it's back up now, it vanished a few days after they released it.

Still unavailable. I wonder if this is somehow the reason!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I checked out the list, and love what I see, but I'm avoiding any info/pics/video on the movies until they launch on Netlfix.

Even though I watched Starcrash a few times when it was on Netflix.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Now I'm wondering if maybe the list is accurate, but some of the movies have been misidentified and there is some recent fare hidden on that list.

Avalanche could be a bunch of movies, including this one from 1999 (IMDB rating 4.1) or this one from 1994 (IMDB 4.5, star: one David Hasselhoff).

Hercules could also be several things including the 2014 Dwayne Johnson movie (though that one seems unlikely) or, more likely, this one also from 2014 starring a sentient block of wood.

Time Travellers could also be this 2004 Dolf Lundgren vehicle (IMDB 3.2 aka Retrograte).

Also, Wizards could be a bunch of things, but Crimson's case is compelling and would suggest that these titles might not be complete/exact.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You guys I asked a very good friend who is working on the production and the list is accurate there's no maybe anymore.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

No, I believe you (I asked my girlfriend's dad who's a navy seal that works for nintendo and he confirmed it). The "maybe" in my post was referring to the imdb links Aetheris posted, which were best guesses based on vague titles and could be wrong.

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009
Yeah, I was too focused on the kinds of movies the show used to do. If Joel wants to do more recent fare, you've probably got some better ideas.

Atheris fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 7, 2016

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Volume 4 to be re-released on January 31

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

How is it we continue to live in a world where Nukie remains unriffed

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Ballz posted:

They just need a couple more copies of it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Duckbag posted:

Time Travellers could also be this 2004 Dolf Lundgren vehicle (IMDB 3.2 aka Retrograte).

It could also be this which would be more fitting with the show's choice of older, cheesy films.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ballz posted:

Because no one should have to watch Nukie.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ted V. Mikels died yesterday, which was surprising, since I thought he's been dead for years.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Darn it, I wanted an explanation regarding how a trip from the high desert hit the beach before driving West into Hollywood. At least, that was what it seemed to be in Girl in Gold Boots.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Huh, I didn't realize that the guy who made Girl in Gold Boots also made Corpse Grinders and The Undertaker And His Pals. That's...kind of surprising, really.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New backer update. Rank your favorite episodes!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I wish I could have seen what I voted for after submitting the form. I already forgot the order I decided on. It's not easy to rank them; there are so many good episodes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FYI, you can only vote if you're a backer.

I can't remember the order I had them in, but these are my top 10

Space Mutiny
Overdrawn at The Memory Bank
Hobgoblins
Gamera vs. Guiron
Time Chasers
Pod People
Bride of the Monster
The Final Sacrifice
Future War
Werewolf

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Werewolf (of course)
Hobgoblins
Merlin's Mystical Shop of Wonders
Boggy Creek 2
Creeping Terror
Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
Time Chasers
The Final Sacrifice
Soultaker
Bloodlust

Runner up: Catalina Caper

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Mine included:

Girl in Gold Boots
The Final Sacrifice
Manos
Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders
I Accuse My Parents
Night of the Blood Beast
I Was a Teenage Werewolf
Werewolf
Time Chasers
Pod People

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
Mitchell
Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
Warrior of the Lost World
Time Chasers
Pod People
Cave Dwellers
Space Mutiny
San Francisco International
Red Zone Cuba

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Speaking of lists, I've been asked to write about the best MST3K eps to watch around Halloween. As it is right now, here's my preliminary list:

Pod People
Manos
Zombie Nightmare
Samson vs. the Vampire Women
Incredible Melting Man
I Was a Teenage Werewolf
Giant Spider Invasion
The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies
Devil Doll
Werewolf
Hobgoblins
Touch of Satan

But while I've watched a lot of MST3K, I haven't come even close to seeing all of them. Anyone have any suggestions for the list?

Edit: Also, I've been asked to stray away from giant monster flicks.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 20, 2016

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gavok posted:

Speaking of lists, I've been asked to write about the best MST3K eps to watch around Halloween. As it is right now, here's my preliminary list:

Pod People
Manos
Zombie Nightmare
Incredible Melting Man
I Was a Teenage Werewolf
Giant Spider Invasion
Devil Doll
Werewolf
Hobgoblins
Touch of Satan

But while I've watched a lot of MST3K, I haven't come even close to seeing all of them. Anyone have any suggestions for the list?

Squirm
Screaming Skull
Soultaker

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Being from Another Planet has a mummy and a costume party in it. Close enough for Ben Murphy, yeah?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Pod People
Manos
Zombie Nightmare
Incredible Melting Man
I Was a Teenage Werewolf
Giant Spider Invasion
Devil Doll
Werewolf
Hobgoblins
Touch of Satan

Edit: Also, I've been asked to stray away from giant monster flicks.

The Creeping Terror
Horror at Party Beach
Attack of the Eye Creatures
Attack of the Giant Leeches
Killer Shrews

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Haha, nice touch in the dropdown lists

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I'm surprised only one person has Touch of Satan on their list. Maybe I'm just wired wrong but that one gets me laughing my rear end off no matter how many times I see it. There are other episodes I really like but none of them feel nearly as funny as that one. Except The Final Sacrifice, which comes pretty close.

Now that I think about it, it's weird. I like Joel better, but if I did a top ten they'd definitely all be Mike episodes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Frankenstyle posted:

I'm surprised only one person has Touch of Satan on their list. Maybe I'm just wired wrong but that one gets me laughing my rear end off no matter how many times I see it. There are other episodes I really like but none of them feel nearly as funny as that one. Except The Final Sacrifice, which comes pretty close.

Now that I think about it, it's weird. I like Joel better, but if I did a top ten they'd definitely all be Mike episodes.

I like Joel's delivery, but I think Mike had a much better movie selection. I think the sci-fi emphasis in the later seasons compliments the overall show and prevents you from ending up with boring poo poo like Sidehackers.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Frankenstyle posted:

Touch of Satan is a classic for me. Between "This is where the fish lives" and "Get off the road, Man-Goat!", I'm pretty much in stitches the whole movie.

Crazy Ferret fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 20, 2016

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Crazy Ferret posted:

Touch of Satan is a classic for me. Between "This is where the fish lives" and "Get off the road, Man-Goat!", I'm pretty much in stitches the whole movie.

That and Mike's exchange with the gas station attendant.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
There's a distressing lack of Pumaman here.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TerminalSaint posted:

There's a distressing lack of Pumaman here.

To be fair is it that Halloween-y? Maybe, he does wear a costume.

Do people not like Bloodwaters of Dr Z? I enjoy it but I think I'm in the minority.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Ape of Naples posted:

Do people not like Bloodwaters of Dr Z? I enjoy it but I think I'm in the minority.

Bloodwaters of Dr. Z, Devilfish, and Night of the Blood Beast are all great episodes that I have a hard time watching. I'm never in the mood for them.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Bloodwaters of Dr. Z, Devilfish, and Night of the Blood Beast are all great episodes that I have a hard time watching. I'm never in the mood for them.

Ha. Night of the BloodBeast might be my favorite MST3k.

I don't think I've seen Devilfish but this seem like I should.

E: Oh, I have seen it but probably not since it aired. I'll check it out again.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 20, 2016

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ha. Night of the BloodBeast might be my favorite MST3k.

I don't think I've seen Devilfish but this seem like I should.

E: Oh, I have seen it but probably not since it aired. I'll check it out again.

I have put on Blood Beast many times from this thread, and I can't help but zone out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I adore Zaat!, mostly because I saw it first without riffing.

Zaat! is the most peculiar movie to just randomly find on late night TV. I think the riffing actually takes away a lot of the weirdness of the film, because it cuts down on how much of the movie is a crazy fishman scientist talking to himself while stalking people.

Just the most surreal thing

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How could any list not include Mitchell and Pod People

edit: y'all are flyin over trout

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Ah, I missed the Halloween bit, carry on.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

I almost chose Touch of Satan, it's just really hard to pick a top 10. It is a runner up for me for sure. I love Grandma dried apple head.

Devil Doll also just barely didn't make my list. You think he likes ham? Wait 'til you see me like ham!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Frankenstyle posted:

That's not weird at all. The Joel years are rougher. They were still finding their feet and figuring out what worked and didn't work. By the time Mike stated hosting they had become more of a well oiled machine. Writers were just much better polished after half a decade of riffing.