Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So Lyla can just walk in too I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I'm still reeling from that action sequence, and they drop all this cool stuff on us toward the end here. Next week is gonna be so money.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Floyd is back?!?! I thought he got axed for the movie?

Edit: Curtis :allears:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 20, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

To we have Mr Teriffic and Ragman, I can't recall if the girl has an official codename yet (I assume she'll be Artemis) and what's the one for the last guy? I keep replacing his name with Sportsmaster.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Wild Dog

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Wheeler_(New_Earth)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I loved Rag Man's reaction to Felicity. No drama, no sobbing, just :stare: in disbelief and walk away.

I really hope this doesn't escalate buuuuut CW.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chokes McGee posted:

I loved Rag Man's reaction to Felicity. No drama, no sobbing, just :stare: in disbelief and walk away.

I really hope this doesn't escalate buuuuut CW.

At least they didn't drag out Felicity telling him the truth, nor are they sweeping the dumbness of last season under the rug, so props Arrow writers?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Team Arrow is performing a prison break, this will be fun

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Carlosologist posted:

Team Arrow is performing a prison break, this will be fun

Where's Captain Cold :argh:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I said suit up the exact moment that Curtis did.

Also I'm pretty much 90 percent sure that the second guy from the left in this picture:

Is gonna be a problem for present day Ollie, he's probably Prometheus. Guaranteed.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 20, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I said suit up the exact moment that Curtis did.

Also I'm pretty much 90 percent sure that the second guy from the left in this picture:

Is gonna be a problem for present day Ollie, he's probably Prometheus. Guaranteed.

Isn't that the guy Ollie is joining the Bratva to try and kill? He hasn't struck me as the "put on a mask and use a bow" kind of guy so far.

The only real hint we have is the whole "someone affected by Oliver's Season 1 crusade" thing, right?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ShakeZula posted:

Isn't that the guy Ollie is joining the Bratva to try and kill? He hasn't struck me as the "put on a mask and use a bow" kind of guy so far.

The only real hint we have is the whole "someone affected by Oliver's Season 1 crusade" thing, right?
Prometheus doesn't seem like it's gonna be Kovar at all. I get the impression after killing Kovar he retreats back to Lian Yu and decides it's time for Oliver Queen to publicly return from the dead.

Also Kovar is not Bratva, the show and Anatoly for a million times has made that distinction. Is Kovar going to be played by Dolph Lundgren or something, right?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I thought the only people allowed near Kovar are Bratva?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Great episode again. I got swerved.

For those not in the know, the villain this week was played by Cody Rhodes. Stephen Amell had a match with him at last years Summerslam :)

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Veg posted:

For those not in the know, the villain this week was played by Cody Rhodes. Stephen Amell had a match with him at last years Summerslam :)

He is also Amell's real life friend. Glad they were able to get him into a season of his show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And his WWE character was called Stardust.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I really like ragman. He's so hilariously adorable. I really hope they don't go for angst and drama between him and Felicity.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

I really like ragman. He's so hilariously adorable. I really hope they don't go for angst and drama between him and Felicity.

"Felicity, I'm... displeased."
"oh god no, Oliver, he's going to kill me"
"What? No, I just want to yell at you a bit"
"Then why are you doing the spooky voice"
":sigh:"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Veg posted:

ApeHawk posted:

He is also Amell's real life friend. Glad they were able to get him into a season of his show.

Aphrodite posted:

And his WWE character was called Stardust.

And he was fun! I hope they bring him back later.

Another good episode! What Earth are we on because I didn't think that was possible.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, that Wild Dog is always doing his own thing. He's a real loose cannon

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
So new DA guy is Prometheus, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bentacos posted:

So new DA guy is Prometheus, right?

No, he's already a character called Vigilante.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Why are there so many new vigilantes this season.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proposition Joe posted:

Maybe season 6 onwards is gonna be rebranded "Arrow and the Outsiders"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Proposition Joe posted:

4 of them left last season.

There's a vigilante vacuum, and nature abhors a vacuum.

(Not to be confused with Vigilante Vacuum, coming this season to The Flash.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

We cannot allow a vigilante gap!

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I thought the only people allowed near Kovar are Bratva?

The guy from the island told Ollie that only Bratva have the man power and resources to take on Kovar, one man cannot do it.

So Mad Dog is just gunning people down left and right yeah?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ah, "only Bratva can get close to him" was meant as using force of arms? I assumed it was an undercover "go in as an 'ally' and shoot him in the face" thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We already saw a sketch of Vigilante's mask in the premier. I'm not really feeling this guy playing Chase though. Might make it easier when he pops himself down the line.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
What do we all think the writers will do for season six flashbacks?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Veg posted:

Follow around Huntress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Veg posted:

Ollie will think back to that time when he was the star of the show and not Felicity and her bullshit.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm pretty sure they've said no flashbacks, but I would love for them to flash back to a random S1 episode and play it entirely straight to see how long it takes for people to pick up on it. Doubly funny because the flashbacks show where Ollie first learned a lesson that's relevant in the main story so flashing back to a time Ollie learned a lesson in the show and simply forgot would be hilarious.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Of course Oliver likes the hockey mask. He's Casey Jones.

Solid season so far. I'm pretty mad at Barry for Diggle's adorable baby girl disappearing though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

We already saw a sketch of Vigilante's mask in the premier. I'm not really feeling this guy playing Chase though. Might make it easier when he pops himself down the line.

I have a hard time taking him seriously because the last thing he was on he played a real loving dumbass.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I really like Rag Man's attitude.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe season 6 onwards is gonna be rebranded "Arrow and the Outsiders"

I'd like this a lot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Green Arrow and The Outsiders or just The Outsiders would be really good.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I have a feeling they cast the role based on the guy's head shape and jawline.

gently caress - its idiot Billy from 'Sirens'

https://youtu.be/v8xqtgYcgtA

https://youtu.be/5NLNfKtgPyI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hollismason posted:

Green Arrow and The Outsiders or just The Outsiders would be really good.

I love this. I was thinking all episode how even though I don't love this new team yet they feel more like a comic book team like the JLA or JSA than just "Team Arrow" like the old crew. Ragman, Mr. Terrific, and Wild Dog are all their own thing away from Arrow and it feels more like a hero team than even the Legends feels like. Outsiders is perfect for them and I didn't think of it, but I hope its what they become. Its a very different feel for the show. Its still Arrow but now its Arrow and the Outsiders.

I didn't love Curtis' Terrific look but I assume its still a work in progress. He's still gotta work in those T-Spheres from last season/the comics. The actor will obviously never look exactly like the comic character and I have to get past that, but I like the TV and comic characters enough to do it.

Ragman is interesting. Its very different to have a supernatural player on the team.

I assume Evelyn not getting a name yet will be about Oliver struggling with keeping his promise to Laurel and making sure there's always a Black Canary. There will be a big dramatic reveal when she gets it and someone will object. At least until Laurel gets Flashpointed back in (no spoilers, just assuming).

Wild Dog looks silly but I enjoy Oliver having to deal with an even more hot headed version of himself.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 21, 2016

• Locked thread