Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I was a bit sad the assault class only get three gadgets. Dynamite, AT grenades, and the AT rocket gun. I mean, most of the time I'm not bumrushing a tank. Then I discovered the AT rocket gun is very good for sniping soft squishy humans at range... gently caress. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

They got several sets of 5 they'll rotate every week. I'm sort of hoping they will improve the medal system and bring back a more cut down ribbon system from the previous games now.

Yeah, right now it's pretty annoying. For this week I've got a selection of four sniping-related ones, and one focused on explosive kills that doesn't include stuff like mortars as explosives.

Anyway, this is probably my favourite way to deal with snipers:
https://fat.gfycat.com/TeemingFelineHookersealion.webm

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Last night I counted at one point 13 snipers on attack during operations. Not scouts with infantry rifles getting up and lobbing flares or covering mid range or anything, but sitting in spawn. Yeah I get we need some sniper cover but pubs must think you can cap with a scope. It made me really angry to have have been in the top half of the scoreboard after literally spending 2/3 attacks herding snipers forward with smoke grenades.

I love operations, but God I loving hate pubbies.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Just to ask again, how do you get Battlepacks (aside from buying them)? I can't figure out what actions do it. A guy I play with got one when he hit level 15, but I didn't.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I loving love the field pieces but my heart broke when it turns out you cannot fix them from the ground up if they are completely smashed. Laaame.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just to ask again, how do you get Battlepacks (aside from buying them)? I can't figure out what actions do it. A guy I play with got one when he hit level 15, but I didn't.
It's semi-random, you get them over time.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I got none in my first 12 games or so, then 3 from the next 5.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Jose Oquendo posted:

Random at end of round. I once joined a server right into the end-of-round summary, literally no gameplay, and got a battlepack out of it.

guy I was playing with even said he was gonna get so pissed if I somehow got one as we joined, I keep getting them and he doesn't.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

In addition to getting them randomly, you can also scrap skins that you don't like and use that scrap to buy new ones. There are three tiers of those you can buy, with the more expensive ones offering better odds at rare stuff.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Finally got t his downloaded, I like that I can play the SP while it finished in the background. SP is actually not bad, surprisingly. The pilot story is pretty interesting, and loving gorgeous (and completely ridiculous).

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
How are servers on PC now that the game is fully launched? If the launch isn't an abortion I'll be picking this up today.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Game is stable, as are the servers. I am surprised by this as anyone but I'm not complaining as the game is great.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Dreyvas posted:

How are servers on PC now that the game is fully launched? If the launch isn't an abortion I'll be picking this up today.

Seem to be ok.

We were able to startup operations games without much issue last night.

Conquest match making worked flawlessly and even kept our 12 man together between games which is probably even more surprising than the servers not making GBS threads themselves.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Parkingtigers posted:

I have not been able to get into an Operations match yet, no quick matchmaking or server browser options for it and I need a friend to be playing so I can join their game.

The option is at a level higher on the menu than you expect, you'll end up quickmatched using that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So it's actually possible to run this game with a GTX 460?

https://youtu.be/FxigsOO5byU

Also does origin have steam refund like option?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

is this game... good?

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Its better than good, its great!

Lifetime77
May 20, 2007

Hello Bastards.
Anyone having issues with mortars or fixed machine guns on PC? I was playing last night and when I was trying to aim my mortar my aiming was extremely hard to control. It took me maybe 7 full swipes of my mouse to move the aim maybe an inch. Same thing with mounted guns. Otherwise I have no issues with movement.

evilemu
Sep 26, 2005
I can't move with anything but my xbox controller once the game starts. Even if I unplug my controller on the PC before starting I still can't control anything. I can't seem to find a fix to this. I would like to be able to use both, but obviously m+kb is preferred. Anyone else with this problem?

evilemu fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 21, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Online won't connect for me now, and in the brief period it did, the connection crapped out every time I tried redeeming battlepacks. Guess I'll have to wait to shoot mans online.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Spuckuk posted:

How are slug shotguns in those, usable at any sort of range?

I mean, it's unlikely I'll be able to countersnipe with them like BC2, but a man can dream.

They're loving bad. I was a slugger in BC2 and they are worse in BF1 than they were in 3 and 4. OHK range is much less than buckshot and I'm pretty sure it's a 3 hit kill at max range. They're pointless.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Online is completely hosed for me. Game has trouble showing servers, then it does but every join attempt fails.
Game is allowed in firewall and my connection is working normally.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Lifetime77 posted:

Anyone having issues with mortars or fixed machine guns on PC? I was playing last night and when I was trying to aim my mortar my aiming was extremely hard to control. It took me maybe 7 full swipes of my mouse to move the aim maybe an inch. Same thing with mounted guns. Otherwise I have no issues with movement.

This is a bug with the origin overlay. Turn it off and you'll be fine.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

KM Scorchio posted:

I experienced that bug with origin overlay turned off, so I'm not sure those are related.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Metanaut posted:

Online is completely hosed for me. Game has trouble showing servers, then it does but every join attempt fails.
Game is allowed in firewall and my connection is working normally.

The Origin tech support forum for BF1 is full of people with the same issue across all three platforms. Allegedly (based on some guy saying that a support guy told him) the servers are getting hammered.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I can't connect online on PC. It's weird because I played the 10 hour trial with no issue.

Hope it's resolved later today.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Does the game support AMD Phenom II processors?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

I experienced that bug with origin overlay turned off, so I'm not sure those are related.

Turning it off solved that exact problem for me so I'd say it's worth a try.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ChickenWyngz posted:

Last night I counted at one point 13 snipers on attack during operations. Not scouts with infantry rifles getting up and lobbing flares or covering mid range or anything, but sitting in spawn. Yeah I get we need some sniper cover but pubs must think you can cap with a scope. It made me really angry to have have been in the top half of the scoreboard after literally spending 2/3 attacks herding snipers forward with smoke grenades.

I love operations, but God I loving hate pubbies.

Welcome to battlefield

Lifetime77
May 20, 2007

Hello Bastards.

KM Scorchio posted:

Thanks dude. I'll give it a shot.

Lifetime77
May 20, 2007

Hello Bastards.

disjoe posted:

Yeah I can't connect online on PC. It's weird because I played the 10 hour trial with no issue.

Hope it's resolved later today.

Today is the day it's opened up to the masses. Hope the servers can keep up for the after work rush.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

They're loving bad. I was a slugger in BC2 and they are worse in BF1 than they were in 3 and 4. OHK range is much less than buckshot and I'm pretty sure it's a 3 hit kill at max range. They're pointless.

wack, I'm going to have to learn how to aim.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Speaking of Operations has anyone happened to get to the second phase in any of them? For instance the Italy one I have never taken the fortress at the end.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Started up last night and wasn't finding much success with the mortar. Any tips? I either got killed while using it or was just blind firing at nothing hoping to see a guy and recognize where that would translate to on the map. Inevitably he had moved by next shot.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh sweet I forgot about those free 10 hr trials if you use that EA Access thing. $4.99 for a 10 hour trailer is a pretty decent deal.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I finally got to play Operations. Oh. My. loving. God. It's a legit war movie that you get to take part in, truly amazing. This game just went from really loving good, to best shootmans I've ever played. That's it, this is all I need until they make a WW2 version in 2018.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Speaking of Operations has anyone happened to get to the second phase in any of them? For instance the Italy one I have never taken the fortress at the end.

I've reached the last map on all operations, though I never finished the Sinai one, and I only beat the second Italian one once.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

I finally got to play Operations. Oh. My. loving. God. It's a legit war movie that you get to take part in, truly amazing. This game just went from really loving good, to best shootmans I've ever played. That's it, this is all I need until they make a WW2 version in 2018.

yeah it's really loving good and makes conquest feel like trash

too bad i keep getting dropped into empty games and i don't have the patience for them to fill

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Boz0r posted:

Does the game support AMD Phenom II processors?

gfanikf posted:

So it's actually possible to run this game with a GTX 460?

https://youtu.be/FxigsOO5byU

Yes to both of these. I'm running on a GTX 460 and an AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black. I would say it runs better than that video shows, maybe ~45 fps? Been having a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Gonkish posted:

Finally got t his downloaded, I like that I can play the SP while it finished in the background. SP is actually not bad, surprisingly. The pilot story is pretty interesting, and loving gorgeous (and completely ridiculous).

And after the 1st crash half of it might not even be the truth cause the dude is a lying dick.

Operations sound amazing, I hope DICE and the Battlefield community think of just doing a weekly Operations event to keep the game mode chugging now.