Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

havenwaters posted:

They did nerf the light tank some. It no longer has a 360 degree turret. Armor isn't quite as strong either. Less shots before you have to reload too. Still can wreck house with it.

The light tank turret can still do 360 degrees. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Martini-Henry Triple-Kill.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

They said they were going to change the Light Tank to not be so poweful but honestly i've not seen it be much of a problem since the other maps are SO much better than Sanai Desert. You actually have conclement and cover to help you deal with the tank's bullshit.

I find if you use the light tank as infantry support (just slightly behind) or for chasing down people trying to flank it is a lot of fun and very effective.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

How do i get teamed up with all you cool people, also, any sort of teamspeak or similar info I need?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Martini-Henry Triple-Kill.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game owns. Game owns because it runs on low with a GTX 460 and low still looks fantastic.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Battlefieild 1: So an Englishman, Irishman, and a Welshman walk into a tank...

I thought the commander was Scottish. Were they all from different parts of the isles? (I'm American and cent really tell the difference between a Welsh accent and an English one)

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I picked up a flamethrower kit and ambushed a group of about 10 people on Amiens... i won

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Most of the questions people have been asking have already been answered in the OP.

More specifically if your question is "can we change the thread title?" then that is also answered in the OP -

Can you make this one stupid, unneeded and unfunny change to the OP?
I will make any change to the OP you want so long as the person who asks for it can beat me in a 1v1 deathmatch in John Romero's DAIKATANA. I extend this offer to everyone in the thread. You are NOT allowed to choose a champion to fight in your place.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I opened up on a squad of soldiers with an lmg and I died because it doesn't do any damage

I then said in chat that irl I would have won that encounter and that squad got very upset at me

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

ethanol posted:

I opened up on a squad of soldiers with an lmg and I died because it doesn't do any damage

I then said in chat that irl I would have won that encounter and that squad got very upset at me

Source your quotes.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

:gizz:

I hate playing as snipers, but the scout with the Martini-Henry, flare gun, and something else for utility (tripwire mines or K bullets, generally) is lots of fun to run around with.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Party Plane Jones posted:

The light tank turret can still do 360 degrees. :psyduck:

It can? I haven't gotten to play it yet but people in the trial period said it was locked to 45 degrees like the other tanks. I guess they changed it back?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

edit: wrong thread

ethanol fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 22, 2016

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Good lord this is so much fun. It brings me right back to playing BF1942 as a kid and being completely sucked in to the whole experience. Definitely the best Battlefield I've played since Vietnam. The gunplay, sound design, maps, just the pace and atmosphere of the battles are so expertly executed. This is a wonderful game.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

havenwaters posted:

It can? I haven't gotten to play it yet but people in the trial period said it was locked to 45 degrees like the other tanks. I guess they changed it back?

The howitzer configuration has its rotation locked. The other versions are still 360.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I'm sitting here in a 5 minute break at a meeting that ran 4 hours over, thinking about driving the sharp end of a shovel into a dudes collarbone. I have a thousand yard stare that nobody has noticed, staring right though the PowerPoint. I've seen things, man.

Also hurry up so I can shoot mans.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Plan Z posted:

The howitzer configuration has its rotation locked. The other versions are still 360.

Really, really, really glad they changed that. The howitzer tank's coaxial is a laser beam compared to other MGs, I considered it unreasonably OP during the beta.

... but I'm still all about the flanker for that IFV infantry destroyer feel :getin:

AP Knight
Nov 28, 2006

Intentionally Left Blank.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Good lord this is so much fun. It brings me right back to playing BF1942 as a kid and being completely sucked in to the whole experience. Definitely the best Battlefield I've played since Vietnam. The gunplay, sound design, maps, just the pace and atmosphere of the battles are so expertly executed. This is a wonderful game.

This nails it for me as well. Reminds me of being entirely engrossed in 1942. Everyone is still using Xfire for friends and stats right?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

AP Knight posted:

This nails it for me as well. Reminds me of being entirely engrossed in 1942. Everyone is still using Xfire for friends and stats right?

People who weren't around for Xfire will never understand how much a godsend that program was before things like Steam.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Plan Z posted:

People who weren't around for Xfire will never understand how much a godsend that program was before things like Steam.

Plus I can link it to my AOL Instant Messenger account!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I am rusty as gently caress, but running around reviving everyone and flinging health still gets me to the top of the scoreboard. :hellyeah:

Operations are incredibly cool, too. More focused than Conquest, less stupid than Rush.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

goddamn Conquer hell isnt lying when you're the attacker.

Had to beat the first map without any reinforcements to even have a chance at the second one, and i don't think the game expected us to win

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Gonkish posted:

I am rusty as gently caress, but running around reviving everyone and flinging health still gets me to the top of the scoreboard. :hellyeah:

Operations are incredibly cool, too. More focused than Conquest, less stupid than Rush.

The forced cap at 24 for Rush makes it fun again for me. I gave it a spin a few nights ago by accident and was dropped into some really good games. With operations there for the 64 player attack/defend clusterfuck I think it attracts a different kind of player now.

Also I couldn't help but be struck by...

Perfect hair forever. How does he do it?

He's Italian.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anyone have a list of must-have guns for each class and which to avoid like the plague?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Anyone have a list of must-have guns for each class and which to avoid like the plague?

Avoid anything marked "factory" or "low weight." Also for the bolt actions "carbine" is always better than "infantry"

ASSault: anything
Medic: Anything that's "optical"
Scout: Anything "carbine," Gweher 98 marksman, Martini-Henry, 1895 Trench
Support: Madsen Storm, Trech BAR, Suppressive MG15

Avoid:

Medic: Either .35 Model 8
Scout: M1903 Experimental
Support: Lewis Gun or Huot

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The Mondragon Storm is also fantastic. 3 shots kills at any range.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
So has anyone figured out how to unlock vehicle skins?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Origin paired with the squad bug makes this the biggest turd of a UI in history.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Avoid anything marked "factory" or "low weight." Also for the bolt actions "carbine" is always better than "infantry"

Avoid:

Why is Carbine better than Infantry for bolt actions?
Pretty sure 1895 Trench is garbo tier as well, 3 hit kill at range with 5 total bullets? no thanks. I've not been able to try the infantry version yet to see if it's better than the M95.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The Mondragon Storm is also fantastic. 3 shots kills at any range.

The Selbstlader is the same but it also has 26 bullets. Only tried factory so far, not optical. gently caress scopes

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Avoid:

Thanks!

Anybody have a good user.cfg handy to squeeze some more performance out of this game?

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 22, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ethanol posted:

Battlefield 1: We Forgot the Russians

Maybe because all the campaigns and operations take place after the Russian defeat? It's still weird I agree. Surely they didn't place everything in the latter years just to explain why all the guns and armor are in the game.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
D
L
C

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Benet-Mercie Storm is definitely my favorite Support weapon by far. That thing is a monster in the smaller maps like TDM and Domination, or in cramped areas on the larger maps. None of the support weapons can keep up with medics / scouts past mid-range so I don't even bother, just run around hunting people and toss ammo to everyone I see.

Model 10 shotgun is still probably the most satisfying weapon in the game to use, though. The sound alone is amazing, but it's so, so good at gibbing people that run around corners unprepared. Crossing my fingers that they don't mess with it.

Also I got super lucky just now, 2 rounds that each gave me a battlepack. Both had the legendary pistol skin in it, and one had a puzzle piece for the Sawtooth knife.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I really hope they buff the Lewis a little to make it suck less, I really like the look and the big drum magazine is really handy for bullet hosing things down.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

SeanBeansShako posted:

I really hope they buff the Lewis a little to make it suck less, I really like the look and the big drum magazine is really handy for bullet hosing things down.

Same, they could buff it to give it a couple more shots before overheating and I think it would be a good balance

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I highly recommend going through the codex entries if you want some interesting information about anything related to WWI. I've just checked through most of the ones I've unlocked, and apart from some instances of "yeaaah that's really a myth actually", most of it checks out.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Also, praise the telescopic BAR. I even got a really nice skin from the Battlepack for it!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Hop in a game on Monte Grappa, squadmate has the bomber. I hop in the tailgun, and we're attacking the airship. I apparently got the killing blow on the damned thing. Game owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, praise the telescopic BAR. I even got a really nice skin from the Battlepack for it!

I just thought the same thing. God I love that thing. Small magazine be damned, it's my new sniper-buster!