Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The BAR is incredible. I used to think Support was kind of garbage but I am really liking it now that I have the AT Bomb and a gun that can shoot down planes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I guess I'm the only one that thinks the BAR is a piece of poo poo. I was looking forward to unlocking it and now I have it and it's poo poo.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't like the bar telescopic but otherwise it's main issue is the poo poo magazine size with a reload that doesn't feel fast enough to offset it, it's a fun gun otherwise.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

drrockso20 posted:

It's good, but I wish it had slightly more range, also it's heavily dependent on people spotting the enemy, which unfortunately most people don't seem to bother with(honestly they should set it up so if you shoot at someone they are automatically spotted)

They are spotted dude, if you use your eyeballs in the bird's eye camera view that you get, and then remember their position and vector for 3 seconds

GRMN
Oct 15, 2015
Yea the trench BAR is a hipfiring murder machine. Add me for PC: NotGRMN

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Schroeder91 posted:

I guess I'm the only one that thinks the BAR is a piece of poo poo. I was looking forward to unlocking it and now I have it and it's poo poo.

It's not the gun you wanna use in a hallway, but it's definitely the gun you want if you're on a hill. Even if it had an extra 10 or 12 bullets, you'd get sniped before you got the rest of them off. The bipod's buff to accuracy only makes it better. I just went 45-10 using only BAR tele and 18-2 on the next map. Just make sure you can slouch back once you're low on ammo.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What is the fastest killing hipfire weapon?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Does anyone know any way, even letting russian hacks run train on my system, to make footsteps loud as gently caress and getting shot in the face quiet as a baby's dream? Because I absolutely hate it if anything is loud in my ears but also if anyone stabs me in the back because they stomped up to me and I didn't hear it. I want to switch it up. All I care about is footsteps.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

We had an amazing time doing goonstacked operations (40 player of course -- you actually get a round and there is actually the ability for back-and-forth) and scored a whopping -68/27 points. :dice:

Krinkle posted:

Does anyone know any way, even letting russian hacks run train on my system, to make footsteps loud as gently caress and getting shot in the face quiet as a baby's dream? Because I absolutely hate it if anything is loud in my ears but also if anyone stabs me in the back because they stomped up to me and I didn't hear it. I want to switch it up. All I care about is footsteps.

Audio > War Tapes

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Well that was the worst game so far, 163-1000 seuz canal, thatch the only map i've seen it blow out that badly on so far, hopefully it's a rarity.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Some pubbie with 14 service stars in the A7V immediately dies after I circlestrafing it with mines in an artillery truck achieving what a team of idiots couldn't do in 25 minutes.

Hotjumping into games is going to suck away my enjoyment of BF1. :(

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Medic Squad, Best Squad. We don't need no ammunition, we have syringes.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Shotgun?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It's telling that the most frustrating part of the game isn't the game itself, it's the idiot pubs who you can't rely on to do a single loving thing (aside from die a lot and generally being useless). I'm not even talking amazing tactics or anything, just basic poo poo. Dropping ammo, reviving, etc. I mean, gently caress, they even get points for it. The game does everything to encourage them to be mildly useful and pretend that they're not complete wastes of air who should be exterminated for the betterment of the species... but nope... pubbies gonna pub.

Despite all of this, the game is actually good. There's a horse. A GODDAMNED TELEPORTING HORSE that runs me over while being 60 miles away from me. Yet, I'm still perfectly cool with that because it's a horse and horses are cool. Now if only someone would revive m--oh wait. :smith:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Delacroix posted:

Some pubbie with 14 service stars in the A7V immediately dies after I circlestrafing it with mines in an artillery truck achieving what a team of idiots couldn't do in 25 minutes.

Hotjumping into games is going to suck away my enjoyment of BF1. :(

Why aren't you playing with us? We had like 30 people on and probably still have 20.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

remove the recon class from the game

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Google Butt posted:

The 1903 Experimental is awesome and should not be in the scout class.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Hunter shotgun and automatico.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Google Butt posted:

Just get on a horse, ride up to the ledge they are all camped on and decapitate them all.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just get on a horse, ride up to the ledge they are all camped on and decapitate them all.

i'm complaining about literally 40% of my team being scouts

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So how do I equip the HE Morter? The Airburst sucks a dick, and I can't seem to see an unlock button or a way to equip the HE.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Google Butt posted:

i'm complaining about literally 40% of my team being scouts

Yes nothing is worse than that and seeing them all lined up on a ledge by your spawn. In that case, just keep walking in front of them so they can't do a drat thing. It pisses them off and hopefully they rage quit.

I think the desert maps are my least favorite because they definitely seem to lend themselves to sniping more than the others. Also that one desert map with only 3 points is a real bitch. If you don't get that early lead you're totally hosed. I've never seen a close match there. It's always a blow-out.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

So how do I equip the HE Morter? The Airburst sucks a dick, and I can't seem to see an unlock button or a way to equip the HE.

You've got it backwards because the air burst mortar owns bones, it shreds infantry and has more range. HE needs a direct hit on infantry to maybe kill them, and while it does do decent damage to vehicles, they're never ever going to stop long enough for you to land a hit.

To answer your question, it should be in the customize tab as one of your gadgets.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

click on the mortar in your class customization screen, select HE mortar. Take heed that he airburst is for infantry and the HE does damage to vehicles, so it's probably best to set up either a class for either scenario and another for whatever else you plan on doing as support.

Basically: on class selection screen select customization, select support, select the gadget slot that has the airburst, select HE mortar from the dropdown that pops up.

Oh, and tonight was tons of fun with the BF4 goon crew. Dropping airbursts, trying to figure out how anyone plays medic when Support is far more entertaining, reviving a half dozen people on operations while a train and 50 gas grenades surround me. Good times.

Jejoma
Nov 5, 2008
This game has hands down the worst menus I have ever seen in a game. Either that or something is bugged with my account.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Loving the single player stories. I really hope they plan to do some DLC that gives us more war stories involving the empires they plan to add.

The Runner actually made me want to play an old-school FPS starring Fredrick Bishop, running around blasting Ottomans while wisecracking.

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

The BAR is incredible. I used to think Support was kind of garbage but I am really liking it now that I have the AT Bomb and a gun that can shoot down planes.

It really is. Firing off quick bursts through gas from the hip with the mask on seems to be guaranteed kills.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

You've got it backwards because the air burst mortar owns bones, it shreds infantry and has more range. HE needs a direct hit on infantry to maybe kill them, and while it does do decent damage to vehicles, they're never ever going to stop long enough for you to land a hit.

To answer your question, it should be in the customize tab as one of your gadgets.

I must have just had bad luck. I'll monkey around with it more tomorrow. The Medal tracker is giving me a headache anyway. It took me like 50 squad confirmed kills to get the 15 suppressions .

On a more positive note I am really liking the Bulldog revolver. The reload is slow as poo poo but it has such great stopping power.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Google Butt posted:

Sorry the matinelli's is the best gun in the game.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
War stories are merely okay. Not enough content, tone is really weird, considering the prologue.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I didn't know if the game would let me do multiplayer if I didn't do the tutorial. And on the part where it's like "do a charging attack" every time I got near someone it was a flamethrower so it took me seven goddamn minutes. Are these dead names kickstarter backers or some poo poo? I refuse to believe anyone was ever surnamed Plagueballs.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Monocled Falcon posted:

War stories are merely okay. Not enough content, tone is really weird, considering the prologue.

I agree with the last point. Prologue's theme was about the fragility of human life, then the war stories are all about superhuman feats of bravery. I think the stories are still great, though. Exciting and tense (especially on Hard, which is what I'm playing on), the main and supporting characters are all written well, and the actual gameplay is unique enough to make it enjoyable as single-player while keeping enough elements from multi-player to make what you learn applicable in the "real game."

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

I must have just had bad luck. I'll monkey around with it more tomorrow. The Medal tracker is giving me a headache anyway. It took me like 50 squad confirmed kills to get the 15 suppressions .

On a more positive note I am really liking the Bulldog revolver. The reload is slow as poo poo but it has such great stopping power.

in case you didn't know, if you're 100% sure on hitting targets you can spam the fire button and it will quick fire the mortar rounds

side note, i don't understand how the menus are so bad

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

filyl.jpg posted:

in case you didn't know, if you're 100% sure on hitting targets you can spam the fire button and it will quick fire the mortar rounds

side note, i don't understand how the menus are so bad

Or just right click to cancel the follow cam.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Which bar? I hated Support except Mortaring, but thats because the Lewis is a giant piece of poo poo and then I unlocked Benet-Mercie Storm and started tearing up people and had fun.. and then I starting fighting better people/people got better and p much lose a lot of engagements now even with an surprise advantage at close-mid range with that. Contemplating even bothering to buy the BAR or just start playing Assault and get the Automatico instead.

Also is there a favorite pistol people have? Just been running with the default so far.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yes nothing is worse than that and seeing them all lined up on a ledge by your spawn. In that case, just keep walking in front of them so they can't do a drat thing. It pisses them off and hopefully they rage quit.

Smoke grenades plus ammo crate :colbert:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
The Monte Grappa/Empires edge operations is loving impossible as attackers with 64 players. On the third point in Monte Grappa enemy team gets into the bunker and you just can't take them out because the only way to go in is through two loving single person wide hallway they easily spam grenades and explosives to. It was super frustrating playing that map.

XyZeR
Apr 22, 2006
Polygon Tamer
Love the game, feels bf2bc-ish in style and pace. Operations is awesome as a gamemode.

Even the single player is ok.

What i can't find is the setting with the option to auto skip revive, anyone know where can i find that (or is that just not an option)?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Man they really neutered the Horseman in this compared to the beta :( The rifle is an inaccurate piece of poo poo, pouches seem to take a lot longer to recharge, and he dies to a breeze now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Xaris posted:

Also is there a favorite pistol people have? Just been running with the default so far.

The Mars Automatic is pretty beastly. The fire rate is a bit slower, but it's got great damage and a large magazine.

Anyway, I tried flying planes a bit, and I gotta say it's kinda annoying. I mostly dislike that you can't go into the aiming mode from third person. So you're constantly switching back and forth from the third person you'll be doing most of the flying in to the useless cockpit view, just so you can actually use your secondary weapons. The way that incoming hits gently caress with your controls is also pretty frustrating. It's not so bad with light MGs, but when you come under fire from something large calibre, each hit just tears your view by about 10-15° in a random direction to the point where it feels like your input isn't doing anything at all.