Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
a mac user who doest ride a fixie, poser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

tyrelhill posted:

a mac user who doest ride a fixie, poser
a buster-rear end entry level triple, so somehow worse. if it isn't ultegra or better, dont hang it in your living room

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Don't storage-shame, space-havers.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

if you own studio monitors and they aren't ear level you're a herb

nescience
Jan 24, 2011

h'okay
Were the commentaries always this good? Originally bookmarked this thread to look at the pictures of desks, but now I realize the discussions are the real gold in this thread.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Things really started popping off once the overwatch rule 34 dropped

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

nescience posted:

Were the commentaries always this good? Originally bookmarked this thread to look at the pictures of desks, but now I realize the discussions are the real gold in this thread.
you're welcome

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Why have so many people started to buy those racecar chairs? Did Twitch run some promotion where you get a free year of Twitch Turbo and a special DXracer emoticon set with every purchase or some poo poo? They will last you about 1 1/2 years with immaculate care before they fall to pieces.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

Why have so many people started to buy those racecar chairs? Did Twitch run some promotion where you get a free year of Twitch Turbo and a special DXracer emoticon set with every purchase or some poo poo? They will last you about 1 1/2 years with immaculate care before they fall to pieces.

Lifetime warranty on the frame, 2 year warranty on all parts.

shookwell
Oct 3, 2004
no fuckin cornflakes
I ordered the autonomous standing desk. When I went to order it they were having a sale on their chair so I bought one of those too.

Might be a few more weeks before I'm finished with the office space, we'll see how it all turns out.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Google Butt posted:

if you own studio monitors and they aren't ear level you're a herb

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

shookwell posted:

I ordered the autonomous standing desk. When I went to order it they were having a sale on their chair so I bought one of those too.

Might be a few more weeks before I'm finished with the office space, we'll see how it all turns out.

I also have that desk on order, but I'm waiting on reviews of the chair.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

shookwell posted:

Shipping. :cry:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BabyRyoga posted:

you have to admit that it is pretty hilarious. it's the fedora of chairs

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

Just As JDM would *lounge lounge*

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

TenementFunster posted:

God are you trying to talk me into our out of these chairs?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
The Chairdora

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Tbf the all black models aren't that ugly, and I adore the stiff foam.
Price wise it was the best deal on a chair I could find, I've been burnt by ikea before

It's super solid and I can see it lasting 5 years easy

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

AEMINAL posted:

all black models aren't that ugly

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I want to build a chair with a 2000s Volvo seat, because drat is it is comfy.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

AEMINAL posted:

Tbf the all black models aren't that ugly, and I adore the stiff foam.
Price wise it was the best deal on a chair I could find, I've been burnt by ikea before

It's super solid and I can see it lasting 5 years easy
lol if you buy furniture that only lasts five years

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

TenementFunster posted:

I'll update you in 5 years ok

But it's built better than ikea chairs I've had for 5+ years so

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

TenementFunster posted:

If you buy stuff that lasts too long it gets harder to justify replacing it when you get bored, or when something better comes along.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

The Lord Bude posted:

If you buy stuff that lasts too long it gets harder to justify replacing it when you get bored, or when something better comes along.

Yeah I hate it when my stuff doesn't break fast enough.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

shookwell posted:

Please come back to the thread and report on both, I have seen adds for both and would love to pick up one of those chairs for the lady's office. She is using a lovely $20 staples thing, but doesn't spend enough time to justify another Aeron - this would be a good compromise. Likewise, I've been considering a standing desk for ages.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

Consumerism... good?

shookwell
Oct 3, 2004
no fuckin cornflakes

Nephzinho posted:

Please come back to the thread and report on both, I have seen adds for both and would love to pick up one of those chairs for the lady's office. She is using a lovely $20 staples thing, but doesn't spend enough time to justify another Aeron - this would be a good compromise. Likewise, I've been considering a standing desk for ages.

I will, but the chair doesn't ship until late December, so it might be a bit

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Finally got my monitors mounted.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
How bad a case of torticollis do you get when using the TV? I'm looking for a way to put a tv in the same room as my computer and if I put then side by side I don't have enough space to 'centre' any of the screens with the speakers so I was toying with this idea.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

KillHour posted:

lmfao

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

KillHour posted:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Lord Bude posted:

my dude

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

How bad a case of torticollis do you get when using the TV? I'm looking for a way to put a tv in the same room as my computer and if I put then side by side I don't have enough space to 'centre' any of the screens with the speakers so I was toying with this idea.

None. I use it to throw up Youtube videos or my Spotify playlist or whatever while I'm working, so I'm mostly glancing up at it occasionally. Also, the desk is huge so it's much less of an angle than it looks when I 'm sitting at it.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 26, 2016

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

KillHour posted:

None. I use it to throw up Youtube videos or my Spotify playlist or whatever while I'm working, so I'm mostly glancing up at it occasionally. Also, the desk is huge so it's much less of an angle than it looks when I 'm sitting at it.

If you're willing to take up a lot more space in the room, you could always move that desk out a few feet so you won't have to look up so far up to see the big TV.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I am not willing to do that and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Besides, if I pulled the desk back, I would have to mount the TV higher - the monitors would be in the way. It's pretty much perfect for me the way it is now.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 26, 2016

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
That's an odd choice for a desk chair

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The store was out of racing chairs.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

KillHour posted:

How do you close the door with the speaker/monitor sticking out in front of it?

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

The Lord Bude posted:

The Ideal Consumer, everyone

Edit: or possibly a representative for some enormous mega-conglomerate that wants to sell us flimsy junk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Not the best pic, I've recently moved and finally have space for the giant desk my brother built and gave into the temptation for silly lights

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 28, 2016