Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
stuffed bagels joke is on point from a midwestern perspective of what ny people like imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

got some chores tonight posted:

i was reviewing too and i had hella sick jokes that actually all appeared to be anti-semitic comments i hope u werent offended

lol idc

While waiting for VivaNova to join this game I was considering making a remark about "waiting for the other Jew to drop"

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Infinitum posted:

Now time for my actual case!

For my actual D1 non-joke vote, I'm going to
##vote zimbomonkey

He shows all the hallmarks of a lazy scum player trying to hide in between posts without actually saying anything of value.

To provide some context earlier on there was a relatively big voter push on myself, and the previous 3 votes in order were:

While CPig's is definitely a Not-A-Good-Vote™, and KBs was no effort, Izzhov at least provides some reasoning behind his vote.
It's D1. Hard to pick a target. I get that.

But then you have ZM's vote immediately afterwards.

What is this vote? What is 'enough' for him to satisfy this vote?
He's not agreeing with a case. He's not providing context.
It's.. nothing.

I'll tell you what it is though.
Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote.
The hallmarks of newbie scum player.

And you'll say to me, "Well maybe he's going along with the flow of the other votes to see what pops up Inf"
But then I refer you to the very next post he makes.
Does he add anything to the conversation?
Does he make a joke?

No.

His very next post* comes after Jimson makes a potential scumslip

(*=Feel free to look it up and confirm I'm not lying)

AGAIN.
Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote

No extrapolation of his though process.
No analysis of Jimson's posts up until that point to solidify his vote.

A few pages later, in which arguments revolve around Glowku for a bit, the conversation turns back to Jimson:

Finally we see some points getting made, however they're all incredibly flimsy and while I agree Jimson reads as non-town it's the manner in which ZM presents the arguement that raises my eyebrow further.

Noone is asking anything of ZM at this point, but he feels the need to defend his vote with "I voted accordingly"
It's weird phrasing in context, and something I definitely don't see in town-aligned player.

It's like he's responding to a question noones asked yet, which was to justify his vote on Jimson.

Eventually he unvotes because he groks Jimsons logic for some reason, but I feel the damage has been done at this point

Oh wow. You can't bring yourself to push a case now that your flimsy logic has fallen apart scumbo?
You can't find it in your heart of hearts?

:qq:

(There's your dickish town-inf for the evening)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr My scumdar has pinging quite a few people thus far, but none stand out more than Zimbomonkey.

Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' style voter. Likening to hiding in the shadows behind half-arsed arguements.
The hallmarks of a lazy newbie scumbo.

##vote zimbomonkey
[/quote]

Well there's a hell of a lot to go through here so let's start at the top.

"That's enough for me" was meant to indicate that I did agree with the case that was made against you but I didn't really have anything to say that hadn't already been said better by other people. I could totally repeat everything in my own words but this isn't fourth grade social studies and I assumed it would be useless for everyone to read all the same poo poo again.

"No analysis of Jimson's posts" No I didn't, I thought scumslips were enough. Like I clarified I have never seen anything like that before and I may have overreacted to it.

"I voted accordingly"- That's just how I post when I'm being serious.

"Lazy" Because I've never played a 33 player game before and it moved faster than I thought? Because I was posting in between watching class lectures? Because I didn't feel the need to restate something three other people have said? Weekends are a bit tough for me which sucks but I make it work. Between voting for you and switching to jimson the biggest development was the "scumslip." That's what I saw, that's what I posted.

"Responding to a question no one's asked yet" You yell about me not justifying my vote on you then you decide to yell at me for justifying my vote on Jimson after yelling at me for NOT justifying my vote on Jimson.

"I can't bring myself to push a lynch on a guy that typed one word wrong during a tough day."- The operative part here was "tough day." I didn't want to pile on the guy if he genuinely had a lot of other poo poo going on. I get that, I do too.

-------

Inf, you're clearly politicking here. You haven't done a loving thing in this game other than responding to random posts by telling people they're on your scum list. And now your first BIG CASE in the game is against a person you perceive as a weak target because I'm new and I've made a few votes that are easily targetable. Then you add your little touchdown dance poo poo to try to seal the deal for people even though your case is shaky at best. Oh and that birthday stuff is impressive but it sure as hell doesn't make you any more likely to be town. Anyone looking at your posts carefully, especially this one, will see there's nothing towny about them. It says something that you were the biggest target in everyone's minds until Jimson's slip. If I've done anything wrong it's maybe succumbing to groupthink a little more than I should and not explaining myself to a great degree have but again, I'm not used to 33 player games but I'll learn in this game. I'm not going to pushed around by you because I'm new and I'm drat sure not gonna let you call me lazy when every post you've made before your case on me has had next to no content in it either. The difference is, judging by your reputation and apparent opinion of yourself, that you should no better. Let me ask you and everyone else reading this one question: If there was no case against me, who would we be talking about right now? Before the Jimson post you were the person everyone was suspecting was scum. It probably seemed like a great idea in your scum mind to try and make a quick turnaround from the Jimson case and pin it on a person you didn't think was able to defend himself.

Look at your post history. You post like a politician lying through his teeth. You repeat phrases over and over again- "Chill game" "Chill and honest game" "100% honest" "Just pure 100% truth." (seriously, look at his post history and see how desperately he tries to convince everyone he's SUPER DUPER HONEST just by saying it over and over again). During his case on me it was "Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote". Then after his case on me he does the same thing. "Let's talk about zimbo and how he's scum." "My birthday wish is for someone to dayvig zimbo." It's politics season in the US and I see a person telling the same lie over and over again hoping that it sticks in the group's consciousness. Later he even references his own theory as though it were an absolute fact ("known-scum Zimbo"). This may seem innocuous but it's how a lot of politicians in the US work- They tell a lie for long enough to get it into the public's minds, then they start treating it as a known fact. Then he keeps talking about how it's his birthday so maybe we will be nice to him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

To sum up, there's 4 things we can learn about inf in his posts:
1)He is super duper honest, 100% honest, absolutely honest
2)I am absolutely scum
3)It's his birthday today

MAFIA EDIT: After typing this all up, I refreshed the thread and see that he has moved his case away from me. What's wrong Infinitum? Wasn't sticking like you wanted it to? No, I guess we can add one thing to the list

4)It is important that you play the game absolutely right and if not you're scum (not just me, his recent interaction with CPIG shows that he's ready to cast serious aspersions on anyone he perceives is an easy target that plays the game differently from him. So much for being super chill, huh infinitum?

##vote infinitum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if sum1 has a role where you predict whos gonna vote whom or whatever hopefully they realised every1 is either gonna vote infi or jimson its basically how the world works when in doubt lynch jimson or infi

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Well I hosed up the formatting on that so let me try again

Infinitum posted:

Now time for my actual case!

For my actual D1 non-joke vote, I'm going to
##vote zimbomonkey

He shows all the hallmarks of a lazy scum player trying to hide in between posts without actually saying anything of value.

To provide some context earlier on there was a relatively big voter push on myself, and the previous 3 votes in order were:

While CPig's is definitely a Not-A-Good-Vote™, and KBs was no effort, Izzhov at least provides some reasoning behind his vote.

It's.. nothing.

And you'll say to me, "Well maybe he's going along with the flow of the other votes to see what pops up Inf"
Does he make a joke?

No.

AGAIN.

A few pages later, in which arguments revolve around Glowku for a bit, the conversation turns back to Jimson:

Finally we see some points getting made, however they're all incredibly flimsy and while I agree Jimson reads as non-town it's the manner in which ZM presents the arguement that raises my eyebrow further.

Noone is asking anything of ZM at this point, but he feels the need to defend his vote with "I voted accordingly"
It's weird phrasing in context, and something I definitely don't see in town-aligned player.

It's like he's responding to a question noones asked yet, which was to justify his vote on Jimson.

Eventually he unvotes because he groks Jimsons logic for some reason, but I feel the damage has been done at this point

Oh wow. You can't bring yourself to push a case now that your flimsy logic has fallen apart scumbo?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr My scumdar has pinging quite a few people thus far, but none stand out more than Zimbomonkey.

Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' style voter. Likening to hiding in the shadows behind half-arsed arguements.

##vote zimbomonkey

"That's enough for me" was meant to indicate that I did agree with the case that was made against you but I didn't really have anything to say that hadn't already been said better by other people. I could totally repeat everything in my own words but this isn't fourth grade social studies and I assumed it would be useless for everyone to read all the same poo poo again.

"No analysis of Jimson's posts" No I didn't, I thought scumslips were enough. Like I clarified I have never seen anything like that before and I may have overreacted to it.

"Lazy" Because I've never played a 33 player game before and it moved faster than I thought? Because I was posting in between watching class lectures? Because I didn't feel the need to restate something three other people have said? Weekends are a bit tough for me which sucks but I make it work. Between voting for you and switching to jimson the biggest development was the "scumslip." That's what I saw, that's what I posted.

"Responding to a question no one's asked yet" You yell about me not justifying my vote on you then you decide to yell at me for justifying my vote on Jimson after yelling at me for NOT justifying my vote on Jimson.

"I can't bring myself to push a lynch on a guy that typed one word wrong during a tough day."- The operative part here was "tough day." I didn't want to pile on the guy if he genuinely had a lot of other poo poo going on. I get that, I do too.

-------

Inf, you're clearly politicking here. You haven't done a loving thing in this game other than responding to random posts by telling people they're on your scum list. And now your first BIG CASE in the game is against a person you perceive as a weak target because I'm new and I've made a few votes that are easily targetable. Then you add your little touchdown dance poo poo to try to seal the deal for people even though your case is shaky at best. Oh and that birthday stuff is impressive but it sure as hell doesn't make you any more likely to be town. Anyone looking at your posts carefully, especially this one, will see there's nothing towny about them. It says something that you were the biggest target in everyone's minds until Jimson's slip. If I've done anything wrong it's maybe succumbing to groupthink a little more than I should and not explaining myself to a great degree have but again, I'm not used to 33 player games but I'll learn in this game. I'm not going to pushed around by you because I'm new and I'm drat sure not gonna let you call me lazy when every post you've made before your case on me has had next to no content in it either. The difference is, judging by your reputation and apparent opinion of yourself, that you should no better. Let me ask you and everyone else reading this one question: If there was no case against me, who would we be talking about right now? Before the Jimson post you were the person everyone was suspecting was scum. It probably seemed like a great idea in your scum mind to try and make a quick turnaround from the Jimson case and pin it on a person you didn't think was able to defend himself.

Look at your post history. You post like a politician lying through his teeth. You repeat phrases over and over again- "Chill game" "Chill and honest game" "100% honest" "Just pure 100% truth." (seriously, look at his post history and see how desperately he tries to convince everyone he's SUPER DUPER HONEST just by saying it over and over again). During his case on me it was "Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote". Then after his case on me he does the same thing. "Let's talk about zimbo and how he's scum." "My birthday wish is for someone to dayvig zimbo." It's politics season in the US and I see a person telling the same lie over and over again hoping that it sticks in the group's consciousness. Later he even references his own theory as though it were an absolute fact ("known-scum Zimbo"). This may seem innocuous but it's how a lot of politicians in the US work- They tell a lie for long enough to get it into the public's minds, then they start treating it as a known fact. Then he keeps talking about how it's his birthday so maybe we will be nice to him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

2)I am absolutely scum

MAFIA EDIT: After typing this all up, I refreshed the thread and see that he has moved his case away from me. What's wrong Infinitum? Wasn't sticking like you wanted it to? No, I guess we can add one thing to the list

4)It is important that you play the game absolutely right and if not you're scum (not just me, his recent interaction with CPIG shows that he's ready to cast serious aspersions on anyone he perceives is an easy target that plays the game differently from him. So much for being super chill, huh infinitum?

##vote infinitum

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Goddammit I'm not sure if that's gonna break votefinder because it looks like I'm voting myself

##unvote
##vote infinitum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the real question is of course, why not both (vote jimson and infi)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i like zimbo a lot.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not surprised, but tell him in doc

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not surprised, but tell him in doc

who are your top scum pics bruh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think the scummiest players that have stood out to me for various reasons are zimbo, mt, INFINITUM off the tip of my head

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Note that infinitum's behavior could be self-preservation cowardice

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Note that infinitum's behavior could be self-preservation cowardice

which is typically considered scummy behavior tbh

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I think the scummiest players that have stood out to me for various reasons are zimbo, mt, INFINITUM off the tip of my head

whatd murm twin do

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

which is typically considered scummy behavior tbh

Not round these parts anymore

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Posting seems v calculated and artificial

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Probably miltiple scum in that jimson Rush

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Not round these parts anymore

wtf

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i haven't been away from mafia for that long lmfao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Town scrambling to save themselves seems to be in vogue

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Town scrambling to save themselves seems to be in vogue

fuckin stupid

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yw

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im bringing fakeclaiming cop to save ur bacon back into vogue

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am a huge idiot

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

fuckin stupid

I have no idea what taste is talking about.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i have confidence we can lynch both infi and jimson today

in town i trust

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

tremendous taste is in this game wtf

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jon fisk m8

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

It's just my obviously specific observation but it seems like players are much more willing to play terribly to try and stay alive

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:psyduck:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
As I see it, from everyone's arguments, it's hard to tell who is doin' what on D1. So I kinda feel like it would be better odds to target someone with very few posts/no posts, as posting a lot is kinda putting-your-neck-out-there behavior that many non-townies would shy away from... I totally get that voting a lurker has it's disadvantages, so who hasn't posted 5 or more times, but posted once or more, so far? Or, I'd love a counterargument that some of the people who are passionately posting a lot with feasible strategies should be considered more likely to be scum than people just kinda hanging in the wings and posting rarely.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Drunk Nerds posted:

As I see it, from everyone's arguments, it's hard to tell who is doin' what on D1. So I kinda feel like it would be better odds to target someone with very few posts/no posts, as posting a lot is kinda putting-your-neck-out-there behavior that many non-townies would shy away from... I totally get that voting a lurker has it's disadvantages, so who hasn't posted 5 or more times, but posted once or more, so far? Or, I'd love a counterargument that some of the people who are passionately posting a lot with feasible strategies should be considered more likely to be scum than people just kinda hanging in the wings and posting rarely.

i get that scum can hide more easily by lurking but imo it's better, at least on d1, to lynch someone that's been posting and generating a lot of discussion because it provides more information.

p sure i disagreed with someone upthread about this but w/e

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

zimbomonkey posted:

It's.. nothing.

Does he make a joke?

No.

AGAIN.

##vote zimbomonkey

-------

2)I am absolutely scum

##vote infinitum
[/quote]

jesus christ dude, look at this loving post

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

that's what i get for trying to quote that loving monolithic text without previewing

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

##unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is that series of posts by Omg performative or genuine?

I think he's as good as scum/town depending on your read of it

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I hope someone accidentally hammers by loving up their quoting.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Is that series of posts by Omg performative or genuine?

I think he's as good as scum/town depending on your read of it

reads genuine to me

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

im going to assume for now that it was an accident, but that zimbo post was written in a way that quoting it changed the quoter's vote. hosed up imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OMGVBFLOL posted:

im going to assume for now that it was an accident, but that zimbo post was written in a way that quoting it changed the quoter's vote. hosed up imo

lol if it was anywhere close to a deadline or hammer i'd consider this but as it is lol @ u

• Locked thread