Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Posting seems v calculated and artificial

What does this even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Captain Foo posted:

lol if it was anywhere close to a deadline or hammer i'd consider this but as it is lol @ u

yeah thats why i unvoted it immediately & also why it was probably an accident on zimbo's part too

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Nerds posted:

As I see it, from everyone's arguments, it's hard to tell who is doin' what on D1. So I kinda feel like it would be better odds to target someone with very few posts/no posts, as posting a lot is kinda putting-your-neck-out-there behavior that many non-townies would shy away from... I totally get that voting a lurker has it's disadvantages, so who hasn't posted 5 or more times, but posted once or more, so far? Or, I'd love a counterargument that some of the people who are passionately posting a lot with feasible strategies should be considered more likely to be scum than people just kinda hanging in the wings and posting rarely.

I know I'm hardly one to talk in this game, but this seems kind of scummy from someone who has 16 posts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

it's a surface level analysis devoid of actial meaning.

i hate to make a meta read but boy after my last two games with tt his play here is giving me the willies.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Absurd Revolver posted:

my roiling guts say Tobbs but it's less from his posts content and more his usual attitude

:confused:

pretty scummy sis

Murmur Twin posted:

Seconding all of this :j: You don't need to directly say "I'm a cop". If you case the person hard enough, town will figure out what you meant after you flip.

MMT reads a bunch of posts, and rather than playing mafia, she would rather echo KB's thoughts about optimal cop play. Scummy.

Absurd Revolver posted:

wish i had some more booze so i could get through this insane amount of casing material

just kidding i would keep just loving around

right now i wish i could justify lynching jimson, if just for personal reasons

but i don't think he fits the bill this time

AR is pinging my scumdar v. v. hard. Top 4 scumpicks: Inf, Tobbs, AR, MMT. I've cooled on Jimson and don't want to lynch him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

My read this game is that you are very carefully picking your targets to reply to, and not putting yourself out there much at all. Not participating a lot in active conversation of the game, but anytime someone brings up Mags, you remind them of the case you made. You defend the hill you've chosen, and you don't really go beyond that. Definitely scummy to me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

i hate to make a meta read but boy after my last two games with tt his play here is giving me the willies.

I was actually just thinking the same thing. I've been trying to read over people in the middle of the pack and it seems like Taste is trying to egg people on. He said he thinks zimbo, MMT and Infinitum are the scummiest players, but he called out MMT for voting Inf earlier and didn't like how Inf agreed with him about zimbo. It's feels like some odd positions to hold.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

aw jeez, aw heck, i guess i gotta make a meta read

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

TMMadman posted:

I was actually just thinking the same thing. I've been trying to read over people in the middle of the pack and it seems like Taste is trying to egg people on. He said he thinks zimbo, MMT and Infinitum are the scummiest players, but he called out MMT for voting Inf earlier and didn't like how Inf agreed with him about zimbo. It's feels like some odd positions to hold.

tremta is trying to get people to express strong stances on the game? are you telling me this guy is playing mafia? ban this sick gently caress

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

got some chores tonight posted:

tremta is trying to get people to express strong stances on the game? are you telling me this guy is playing mafia? ban this sick gently caress

egging people on without providing your owns reads is something i consider to be scummish

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

perhaps others do too

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i wish i knew who tremta thought was scum if only he told us!!

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I like how everyone in this game has like 15 different names so it's impossible to tell who anyone's talking about in any given situation.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Izzhov posted:

I like how everyone in this game has like 15 different names so it's impossible to tell who anyone's talking about in any given situation.

same

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was reading shine2 and found this funny

Infinitum posted:

How do you know there are two teams scumbo?

Turbo this scum D1 pls

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I get why everyone was all "AHA WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'US' SCUM" re: Jimson but the sentence doesn't make any sense in that context either. His explanation that he was just tired and typed wrong makes more sense to me than it being some freudian slip.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

BottleKnight posted:

My read this game is that you are very carefully picking your targets to reply to, and not putting yourself out there much at all. Not participating a lot in active conversation of the game, but anytime someone brings up Mags, you remind them of the case you made. You defend the hill you've chosen, and you don't really go beyond that. Definitely scummy to me.

I won't deny that I'm sticking to my reads. The fact that other stuff has happened since then doesn't change my mind that

- Infi talking about "4/5 factions",
- Infi's reaction to being cased on it, and
- the timing of Mr. F's case on Jimson combined with his lack of follow-through on it

to be the scummiest behavior I've seen so far. Why would I undermine my strongest read by trying to make other cases? I feel strongly that Infinitum and Mr. F are more likely to be scum than everyone else at the moment, and I think that Jimson is town (both based on his reactions to being cased, and based on my thought that the cases on him are bad).

There's a degree of "it's a 33 player game on d1 on a weekend" at play as well, but regardless I don't think the behavior you're assigning to me is alignment-specific.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

Dictionary dot com says

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I won't deny that I'm sticking to my reads. The fact that other stuff has happened since then doesn't change my mind that

- Infi talking about "4/5 factions",
- Infi's reaction to being cased on it, and
- the timing of Mr. F's case on Jimson combined with his lack of follow-through on it

to be the scummiest behavior I've seen so far. Why would I undermine my strongest read by trying to make other cases? I feel strongly that Infinitum and Mr. F are more likely to be scum than everyone else at the moment, and I think that Jimson is town (both based on his reactions to being cased, and based on my thought that the cases on him are bad).

There's a degree of "it's a 33 player game on d1 on a weekend" at play as well, but regardless I don't think the behavior you're assigning to me is alignment-specific.

I'm sorry if I implied that I think you should be making other big cases, that is not what I meant. Just that you should be putting more reads out there. I think I learned more from this post than I have from any of your posts this game.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Real talk.

Today's vote will likely end up being a lurker, unless scum does something extravagantly stupid.
Due to size of the game, we're probably looking at 4-5 different factions.

Somberbrero posted:

setup spec on day 1 is an easy way to pretend like you're actually playing the game. scum.

Somberbrero posted:

also 4-5 different factions???? what do you know that i don't?

I think this is more believable as a slip than Jim's. It's reasonable to assume there's multiple groups because of previous Shine games and the size of this one. But being as specific as Infinitum was here makes it sound like he knows something we don't.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

##vote infinitum because I think it's the best we've got to go on at the moment.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Hoo boy, sorry everyone. Civ 6 weekend and all. Looks like I've got a lot that I'm going to have to catch up on.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I think this is more believable as a slip than Jim's. It's reasonable to assume there's multiple groups because of previous Shine games and the size of this one. But being as specific as Infinitum was here makes it sound like he knows something we don't.

Hey, I've run a mafia game with no nights for 10 years, but I'm def a noob when it comes to this whole specific roles type of game.

Can you please enlighten me: Is there an established role that would know how many factions there are? I just ask because it seems like every power I've seen so far is way too specific to be able to tell the number of factions.

Thanks!

Fake edit: My stars!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
So, Mayor Glowku is pinging me kind of weird.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I just re-read the game. Almost at the beginning of the game, he was calling me scum with no real reason behind it and he kept riding me during my "scum Slip". It just seems kind of calculated and coincidental that he keeps finding reasons to call me scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
There are so many posts that I need to catch up on, so before I do that I'm gonna use this post to say

if you're not watching westworld, you're objectively wrong

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote TMM

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

So, Mayor Glowku is pinging me kind of weird.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I just re-read the game. Almost at the beginning of the game, he was calling me scum with no real reason behind it and he kept riding me during my "scum Slip". It just seems kind of calculated and coincidental that he keeps finding reasons to call me scum.

If you notice I attempted to put a vote on you before the game started. Vis-a-vis eat poo poo! I've wanted to Lynch you before it was cool. Though you do admit that it was a scum slip?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey, I've run a mafia game with no nights for 10 years, but I'm def a noob when it comes to this whole specific roles type of game.

Can you please enlighten me: Is there an established role that would know how many factions there are? I just ask because it seems like every power I've seen so far is way too specific to be able to tell the number of factions.

Thanks!

Fake edit: My stars!

i think upthread a bit some people were talking about an oracle?? idk never seen one actually used

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

##vote TMM

why

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

because I want to destroy this game :twisted:

Actually, it's more that I want to see his reaction and reads more.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hey anyone notice I'm double hated? When did that happen

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

hey anyone notice I'm double hated? When did that happen

post the votefinder

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Infinitum (11): JimsonTheBetrayer, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, Somberbrero, JimsonTheBetrayer, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, this is a stickup, Kashuno, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, Murmur Twin, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, DickBastardly, JimsonTheBetrayer, Absurd Revolver, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey, OMGVBFLOL, OMGVBFLOL, OMGVBFLOL
JimsonTheBetrayer (7): Izzhov, Izzhov, Moatillata, Moatillata, this is a stickup, Infinitum, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, tpink, Infinitum, Mr. F!, Kashuno, DickBastardly, Truth Quark, Drunk Nerds, Mayor Glowku, Kashuno, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, got some chores tonight, zimbomonkey, DickBastardly, Drunk Nerds, Tobbs Gnawed, Izzhov, Captain Foo, DrJeckyllTobacco
Kashuno (4): dongsbot9000, Truth Quark, TMMadman, OMGVBFLOL, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, Izzhov, DickBastardly, JimsonTheBetrayer, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, JimsonTheBetrayer, Izzhov, DickBastardly, Truth Quark, OMGVBFLOL, Anonymous, Anonymous
TMMadman (1): Kashuno
this is a stickup (1): Max
Mr. F! (1): Izzhov
dongsbot9000 (1): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, PALE SPECTRES
CapitalistPig (1): Infinitum
zimbomonkey (1): Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey
Izzhov (1): Tobbs Gnawed
Murmur Twin (1): Moatillata
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Truth Quark, BottleKnight, Truth Quark, Max, Max, BottleKnight
BottleKnight (0): Izzhov, Izzhov
Lynch No One! (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, got some chores tonight, JimsonTheBetrayer, got some chores tonight
Somberbrero (0): Infinitum, Max, Max, Infinitum
DickBastardly (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup
Truth Quark (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Kashuno, Mayor Glowku, Kashuno, Kashuno, Mayor Glowku, Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, JimsonTheBetrayer, Infinitum
Moatillata (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Drunk Nerds, Jimmy Hats, Quidthulhu, The Lord of Hats :rubshands:

With 33 people still alive, it takes 17 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is October 24th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 7 minutes.

Further down the parade route, a speakeasy decided it would be a grand idea to offer everyone a free shot of Shine on the house. For many people, that was the first time they had ever tasted the mysterious drink - or experienced its unpredictable effects.

Months later, people still talk about the clown that gladly took the offered drink, only to dissolve into a cloud of cotton candy-smelling smoke that dissipated into nothingness. He never reappeared.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't hated last votecount so something between 10PM last night and now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ho hum [/b]##unvote[/b]

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ho hum ##unvote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

well, you're not necessarily doublehated, there could be some other mechanic at play (extra voters comes to mind) but that sure is something

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i would like to see some quidposts

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hoo boy, sorry everyone. Civ 6 weekend and all. Looks like I've got a lot that I'm going to have to catch up on.

M'Lord!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Right no longer my birthday. 11 hours to go. Lets get dangeresque.

Gonna full claim early, as this is where it was headed anyway, so we have enough time to actually gather 17 votes for a lynch.

:siren: Full claim time :siren:

quote:

I am New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla
I can drink Shine and become a JAILER

I did not want to claim, as I am a town power-role.

My flavour is that I have ice powers and can ##freeze someone during the night, both protecting them and roleblocking them.

Again I am running a pure vanilla game here. No gambits, and being completely truthful in all my statements.
If you don't believe me fine, but please carefully observe any player that goes for the "lol you're just a scum roleblocker" aspect.

My vote for D1 is still very much Zimbomonkey, even after his rebuttal.

• Locked thread