Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Senerio posted:

Disappointed that Incineroar is Fire/Dark.

I think it's a cool and good. People who want yet another fire/fighting for some reason get it in spirit.

Sane people get a typing that hasn't been done like 4 times already.

Tapu Koko got featured in the Z-move thing, but not in the guardians reveal - safe to assume it's fire/fairy based on the others typings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Misty terrain is absolute bullshit and stupid and needed a buff or something and it doesn't look like they did anything to it. Halving dragon moves doesn't do a whole lot of good for fairy Pokemon

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

Grass ghost would be a lot cooler if the last gen didn't introduce two of those that made more sense.

owls are quiet

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I think it's a cool and good. People who want yet another fire/fighting for some reason get it in spirit.

Tapu Koko got featured in the Z-move thing, but not in the guardians reveal - safe to assume it's fire/fairy based on the others typings?

Tapu Koko got revealed ages ago and is elec/fairy

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Um tapu's typing has been revealed for months. It's electric type.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Red is seriously gonna beat the fuckin poo poo out of me.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

So SuMo is more or less a spiritual successor to all the things good about B2W2 and making them better? I'm down with that. :swoon:

It's hard to say what's the bigger surprise: Decidueye's typing or being able to fight freaking RED AGAIN.

Also I am so relieved that Alolan Persian looks a lot better in motion then in the still that got leaked. I love my big-headed cat friend.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I thought RSE and RBY took place at the same time, why is Wally still a kid while Red and Blue are like 20 somethings

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tapu Koko got revealed ages ago and is elec/fairy

oh. :geno: That makes more sense.

Surprised they did Grass and Water guardians but not a fire one, isn't one of the islands volcanic?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Maybe it's grass/ghost because it steals souls from the rich and gives to the poor

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Raserys posted:

I thought RSE and RBY took place at the same time, why is Wally still a kid while Red and Blue are like 20 somethings

Wally is a Koichi, he's actually about a foot taller than we see him as but is [presence] is too low for him to take his full form.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
it does confirm, though, that Emboar is the far superior fire wrestlepokemon, because it has type advantage over Incineroar.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Because mega evolutions exist in this game, so it's still that universe. ORAS probably didn't happen at the same time as, uh, whatever the gen 1 remakes are eventually called.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Emboar is a Journey To the west pig, not a wrassle pig.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Either way it's better typing than Incineroar.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Decidueye is a Ghost?! I want it more than ever! Of course, Wrassle-cat Incineroar is kind of tempting.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Supremezero posted:

So Primerina's special attack is... an attack that cures it's target of burn?

Why?

Could do double damage like Smelling Salts?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

Surprised they did Grass and Water guardians but not a fire one, isn't one of the islands volcanic?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Oxyclean posted:

They all have a terrain inducing ability. They probably gave then typings based on that.

Also their unique Z move is almost definitely a fairy move since thats the only typing they all share. It would also explain why it did gently caress all to the Probopass.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Guardian of Alola is confirmed to deal 75% of the opponent's remaining HP so it probably requires Nature's Madness to use

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Where are Hilbert and Hilda, I demand answers Gamefreak

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cynthia lookin good

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Senerio posted:

it does confirm, though, that Emboar is the far superior fire wrestlepokemon, because it has type advantage over Incineroar.
Well duh Faces beat Heels

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Grass/ghost?

That was actually suprising

I'm sorry I doubted anybody on Incenroar being Fire/Dark

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zore posted:

They all have a terrain inducing ability. They probably gave then typings based on that.

Also their unique Z move is almost definitely a fairy move since thats the only typing they all share. It would also explain why it did gently caress all to the Probopass.

So why the Psychic one?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I already switched to Litten from Rowlet but Decidueye's typing is too strong...

How did Red ever come back to society

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lol
THE DARKEST OF LARIATS

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Geostomp posted:

So why the Psychic one?

They made a new psychic terrain that blocks priority moves?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Geostomp posted:

So why the Psychic one?

Water doesn't get a terrain it already has weather

Edit: I thought that said "fairy" and you were talking about Tapu Fini

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I already switched to Litten from Rowlet but Decidueye's typing is too strong...

How did Red ever come back to society

this is the alternate timeline as established by delta episode

this red works out and goes to parties with his roommate blue, instead of living on a mountain like a weirdo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all the games take place in their own timeline and the only canon things from other games are whatever they need

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oddium posted:

all the games take place in their own timeline and the only canon things from other games are whatever they need

No

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Senerio posted:

Disappointed that Incineroar is Fire/Dark.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Raserys posted:

this is the alternate timeline as established by delta episode

this red works out and goes to parties with his roommate blue, instead of living on a mountain like a weirdo

Yeah but he still doesn't talk so he's still a weirdo.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
he's very tired from his part time job at the university bookstore

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah but he still doesn't talk so he's still a weirdo.

He lets his Pokemon do the talking!!

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Golden Goat posted:

Lol
THE DARKEST OF LARIATS

This was my reaction too. lmao

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Seriously though, Grass/Ghost is wild and cool.

Also I finally get to use a Grass/Ghost type you don't need to trade to evolve which is fantastic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hmmm.... with the water starter being part Fairy... are they going to make Ghost type hit super effective on Fairy types now...? It would make it a double type triangle for the starters, and they like doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

this game owns

I AM HYPE

fire/dark starter, battle tree where you get to fight red/blue, good GOD they went all out

e: persian is now mono dark with technician which, uh, is...good?