Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Decidueye being Grass/Ghost is so cool and unexpected and cool. :aaa:

Being able to fight Red and Blue is almost cooler. drat. This generation is gonna own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
GRASS GHOST???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's cool to see red and blue as adults and I look forward to beating up their pets and taking their lunch money

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Decidueye will be my new and powerful friend

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mabels big day posted:

Hmmm.... with the water starter being part Fairy... are they going to make Ghost type hit super effective on Fairy types now...? It would make it a double type triangle for the starters, and they like doing that

Fairy could always stand to be taken down a peg.

I kind of wish that the Guardian of Alola was either the Ground or Rock Z-Move instead.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Incineroar poke battles for Dario now...

I'm half asleep, but what do you think of PentagónPuma as a name?

YES, PENTAGÓNPUMA, EL CERO MEOWDO!

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 27, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mabels big day posted:

Hmmm.... with the water starter being part Fairy... are they going to make Ghost type hit super effective on Fairy types now...? It would make it a double type triangle for the starters, and they like doing that

Could also be a gen IV situation where the secondary types work for the designs rather than balance.

Steel weak to fighting and ground, ground and fighting weak to neither. :shrug:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Here comes ya twirling boy!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Fairy could always stand to be taken down a peg.

I kind of wish that the Guardian of Alola was either the Ground or Rock Z-Move instead.

Fairy could stand a nerf but honestly so could Ghost so if thats true I hope there's more changes for the type

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Golden Goat posted:

THE DARKEST LARIAT

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

seeing the fire starter in motion just made me like it a lot more; it's a cool pokemon

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

poo poo,

There not enough space to name him:

THE DARKEST ZANGIEF

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

The round face of Alolan Persian is a symbol of the rich Alola region, and it is held to be a Pokémon of great beauty.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's cool to see red and blue as adults and I look forward to beating up their pets and taking their lunch money

Are they adults? They look basically like they do in FR/LG and HG/SS

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This trailer has everything.

The starters aren't flops.
The legendaries are really unique for pseudo palette swaps.
There's a PWT style post-game.
We still get a League.

Even Alolan Persian came in clutch with great abilities.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Alolan Persian looks a lot better in motion.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
This is the description for Incineroar on Serebii:

quote:

As its fighting spirit increases, the flames that Incineroar produces within its body burst from its navel and waistline. Since the flames somewhat resemble a championship belt, they’re known as its “flame belt,” and the Pokémon unleashes moves that use flames from it. In the heat of battle, Incineroar shows no concern for its opponents—and sometimes even launches attacks that strike the opposing Trainer! As a result, many tend to dislike this Pokémon and keep it at a distance. If a crowd watching it battle is pumped up, Incineroar’s fighting spirit will burn brighter. But a lackluster crowd can make it lose focus or fight shoddily. When it receives the admiration of young Pokémon and children, it may keep up its cold attitude on the outside, but in its heart of hearts, Incineroar is immensely happy. It loses the desire to fight when faced with a Pokémon that’s clearly weak or injured, and it sometimes gets taken advantage of as a result.

i already loved it beforehand but god. this is. so good. He's basically Kumatetsu from The Boy and The Beast.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Golden Goat posted:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

TriffTshngo posted:

i already loved it beforehand but god. this is. so good. He's basically Kumatetsu from The Boy and The Beast.

holy poo poo he loves being the heel

holy poo poo

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

please don't reveal my fetish

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zore posted:

Are they adults? They look basically like they do in FR/LG and HG/SS

Yeah? Red's face at least looks a lot older and he's taller than Blue now.

I'm happy Red and Blue are friends again and are taking a vacation to Hawaii together. And that Red still doesn't speak.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fire cat is the dan rykert of pokemon

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

gonna go with an all ghost team this time around i think

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I don't get Primarina's signature move?

Is it meant to be for double battles to heal an ally or is it for something else?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

TriffTshngo posted:

god drat if i wasn't 100% set on Decidueye (FUCKIN GRASS/GHOST??? :aaaaa: ) i would pick up incineroar in a heartbeat

his animations are great, his description is great

fuckin red and blue are back

red looks like a stone cold motherfucker who will end you with no hesitation

god drat what a gen

Golden Goat posted:

Is it meant to be for double battles to heal an ally or is it for something else?

this is confusing to me also

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

Could be like Smelling Salts where it does more damage if they're burned and cures it.

Or a spread move like surf that incidentally heals your ally in a double battle.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
water starters lmao

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kurtofan posted:

water starters lmao

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

TriffTshngo posted:

Okay, now it's official, I'm using my friend Tiger Mask no questions asked

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Golden Goat posted:

It doesn't seem very good if dies simply what it says. Maybe if it does double damage to burned targets but Sparkling Aria + Scald is pretty redundant. On the surface at least the other 2 starters' signature moves seem better. Gonna have to see how it's applied.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

TriffTshngo posted:

loving amazing

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Funktastic posted:

It doesn't seem very good if dies simply what it says. Maybe if it does double damage to burned targets but Sparkling Aria + Scald is pretty redundant. On the surface at least the other 2 starters' signature moves seem better. Gonna have to see how it's applied.

Sparkling Aria might be Fairy type, given that Decidueye's arrow signature move is ghost type and Darkest Lariat seems very likely to be Dark type

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Alright so Decidueye is Fumikage Tokoyami and Incineroar is Endeavor, though I'm not sure which MHA character would fit for Primarina

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also they revealed one of the Legendary ?Prevos? with 0 fanfare or anything beyond its design. That was weird as hell.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I think grass ghost guy is going for a stealthy, sneaky ghost ops rather than a dead guy.
Would've been cool if he had looked like that owl with the big mouth that people lost in woods think is a ghost

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zore posted:

Also they revealed one of the Legendary ?Prevos? with 0 fanfare or anything beyond its design. That was weird as hell.

In the Japanese trailer it looks like it's a Pokemon that comes up in the story from time to time. It might be Lillie's Pokemon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zore posted:

You see it before you even get a pokemon, also "what legendary pre evolution? this is just an early pokemon someone has, isn't it cute? just a cute pokemon, surely doesn't contain a shocking secret that will change the story"

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Sparkling Aria might be Fairy type, given that Decidueye's arrow signature move is ghost type and Darkest Lariat seems very likely to be Dark type

Pretty sure the official site confirmed it was a water special move. Hopefully Sparkling Aria turns out better than in sounds since Primarina is the best starter with the best name (They're all good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You see it before you even get a pokemon, also "what legendary pre evolution? this is just an early pokemon someone has, isn't it cute? just a cute pokemon, surely doesn't contain a shocking secret that will change the story"

Cosmog Kramer