Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Do you fear death, Dash Rendar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

No loving way. :eyepop:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

CJacobs posted:

No loving way. :eyepop:

I hope you're ready for more of Dash Rendar's adventures in love awkward relationships.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

More Slain; today we make some fuzzy friends.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Welp, it's finally finished. Not a 100% run by any means, but a pretty thorough playthrough for a casual run, and I had fun with it. Also this last session has some of the funniest stupid situations I ran into. Excluding all of the tedious dialogue.

Might archive the LP, might not. I'm just glad I got to do something like this.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm just about to get to Rayquaza in my own save and holy poo poo I hope catching it is as easy as you had it.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

ThornBrain posted:

Welp, it's finally finished.

Congrats! :D

And speaking of completing LPs, I watched the Eversion one while editing the other day. It's really creative but too short and repetitive for my taste, so basically the perfect game to watch an LP of.

Alan Wake - Episode 6: Departure 3/3
The final episode (before the DLC, anyway)! Not much more to say than thanks for watching, and if you're here more for the game than our commentary, well, the 2nd half of the video is the credits and Ben putting his writer hat on to dissect the game along with chat.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 08 - The Hills Have Hearts
There's another free-music-over-sped-up-footage bit at the start of this video (and I forgot about the one last time, otherwise I would've mentioned it), since I do a bit of a "sequence break" to head to Hillfigure Knoll and get a free portcrystal before going to the Witchwood. If you've heard about the infamous over-leveled bandits on the way there, yep, we deal with them too this video. :sigh:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Ladies and gentlemen, I have in my possession a copy of the terrible game Bad Rats Show, the sequel to Bad Rats. If anyone wishes to LP it, PM me your steam name.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I have in my possession a copy of the terrible game Bad Rats Show, the sequel to Bad Rats. If anyone wishes to LP it, PM me your steam name.
I don't think I'm up for LPing it myself, but I will happily get dragged along for co-commentary for it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yes, god, please, SOMEONE LP it so I can knock that poo stain off the Request List.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

LogicalFallacy posted:

I don't think I'm up for LPing it myself, but I will happily get dragged along for co-commentary for it.

Same here; the first Bad Rats was amazing and I want in on talking about this one.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

After much deliberation, I've decided to say gently caress it. If no-one else has decided to take it by Friday or whatever arbitrary deadline Mycroft feels like setting, I'll take the drat game.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play Beyblade V-Force: Super Tournament Battle

Beyblade was an anime based on real-life toy tops that smacked into each other really hard. Naturally this concept appealed to the gaming market, and a few dozen videogames came out. We only got three or so of those games, though. This is the one I played when I was younger, and it's very short and easy. I have a lot more respect for its design now than I did before, but it's still weird, low-budget, and a tiny bit insulting. Watch me destroy it (metaphorically).

Videos

Let it rip!

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 28, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I've never seen this game in my life, but I fully remember the franchise. It was bad, why did I like this?

I also had a Beyblade game, for the PS1, but it's most definitely not this one. It didn't have RPG elements, for one. I can't remember it clearly, but it was rather different. This one looks...low-budget, and tedious, but not terrible.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh man, I remember this game. We rented it once from Blockbuster for the weekend and my brother and I managed to go through the entire thing within a few hours. It was a fun game and all but yeah, really easy to knock out, even with unoptimized strategies.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

It was bad, why did I like this?

Well if you're like me, it's because you were young so everything seemed cooler, and the idea of a cartoon with an actual plot where you had to pay attention instead of more mindless stuff like Spongebob was really appealing.

Also top battles, top battles are great, watch them spin.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I've never seen this game in my life, but I fully remember the franchise. It was bad, why did I like this?

I also had a Beyblade game, for the PS1, but it's most definitely not this one. It didn't have RPG elements, for one. I can't remember it clearly, but it was rather different. This one looks...low-budget, and tedious, but not terrible.

This one is more an upgraded sequel from the PS1 game.

Ramos posted:

Oh man, I remember this game. We rented it once from Blockbuster for the weekend and my brother and I managed to go through the entire thing within a few hours. It was a fun game and all but yeah, really easy to knock out, even with unoptimized strategies.

It's at least supposed to be 2-3 hours instead of just 40 minutes

Shoeless posted:

Well if you're like me, it's because you were young so everything seemed cooler, and the idea of a cartoon with an actual plot where you had to pay attention instead of more mindless stuff like Spongebob was really appealing.

Also top battles, top battles are great, watch them spin.

Also the theme song

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Also the theme song

Something something something, LETS! BEY BLADE! LETS! BEY BLADE! BEY BLADE!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh we won already

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Oh we won already

Guess that's that then. Is there a Beyblades game where you save the world with your spinning tops of doomfriendship?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Guess that's that then. Is there a Beyblades game where you save the world with your spinning tops of doomfriendship?

Metal Fusion seems to follow an actual story but I couldn't read through all the dialogue for the life of me.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Metal Fusion seems to follow an actual story but I couldn't read through all the dialogue for the life of me.

Alright. Anyway, I'm excited to see what weird game you'll completely chump next. :)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not entirely sure why Kai appeared to cheer you on at the end. You'd think there'd be at least some setup, but nope.

Honestly if this is the best game in the franchise, I guess Beyblade shouldn't have had videogames to begin with. That was really tedious and repetitive.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What can you really do with a game about an anime about spinning tops? The concept didn't grab me even when I was a teen watching practically any anime that was 'kids play a game and for some reason so does everybody else'

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I want an anime and subsequent video games centered around Uno. Get to work, Japan.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Shoeless posted:

I want an anime and subsequent video games centered around Uno. Get to work, Japan.

Not technically an anime BUT Japan's got you partially covered.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Already got that kind of covered.

Anyway, if I do remember right from this game, there was an actual final boss, it was the announcer and you just had to beat the game a certain number of times before he would finally show up after the supposed final battle. I think he had a golden top and maxed out stats? You could still ring him out really easily though.

edit:

Jesus Christ.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 28, 2016

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

That is what I was thinking of, yes. I would unapologetically watch that anime.

Welp.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That opening looks like it'd be for a visual novel, not Uno. Though I guess a VN with Uno elements wouldn't be that weird for Japan.

Ramos posted:

Anyway, if I do remember right from this game, there was an actual final boss, it was the announcer and you just had to beat the game a certain number of times before he would finally show up after the supposed final battle. I think he had a golden top and maxed out stats? You could still ring him out really easily though.

That wouldn't surprise me, considering the announcer appears in the ending with a top of his own.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

What can you really do with a game about an anime about spinning tops? The concept didn't grab me even when I was a teen watching practically any anime that was 'kids play a game and for some reason so does everybody else'

the number one thought i had watching those videos was "wow, i used to like this poo poo, the gently caress is wrong with kid me"

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
the package has been sent. may god have mercy on our souls.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

the number one thought i had watching those videos was "wow, i used to like this poo poo, the gently caress is wrong with kid me"

We all used to like it for very shallow reasons.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Huh, it's better than I remember it being.

Also I remember blue shirt grandpa being amusing.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Shoeless posted:

Huh, it's better than I remember it being.

Also I remember blue shirt grandpa being amusing.

For some reason he tried to talk with slang words to sound cool. This is better than the Japanese counterpart who was generic in every conceivable fashion.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

This is better than the Japanese counterpart who was generic in every conceivable fashion.

Sounds like Duel Masters. Original is generic, the dub has people having fun with it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Shoeless posted:

Sounds like Duel Masters. Original is generic, the dub has people having fun with it.

Duel Masters is an excellent example of a localization creating something special out of nothing

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Oh man, I remember Beyblade too. I don't think I made it through a single episode, and that was out of shock somebody approved "shounen anime about tops." :sweatdrop: And according to Wikipedia, it made 3 full 1-year serials? There're 150+ episodes of Beyblade?!

In other examples of insanity come to life, here's the Alan Wake DLC!

Alan Wake - DLC 1: The Signal Part 1/3
The episode starts off appropriately weirdly, a little familiar (and thus a clever way to re-use darn near everything without having to create new assets :v: ) but clearly tipping you off you're in a fake reality. Some parts of it work and some don't, and I think your appreciation of the DLC will depend on whether you find TV Wake convincingly insane and malicious or just annoying.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 09 - Which Wood?
And wrapping up the 3rd stream, the Witchwood! No deaths, but I do spend a while trying to kill phantoms with the two mages (since Quina counts as one) utterly ignoring my attempts to get them to buff me so I can actually hit them. :argh: Other than that it goes pretty well, and it's really neat to run around a sinister forest in near-pitch black darkness.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Wayne posted:

Oh man, I remember Beyblade too. I don't think I made it through a single episode, and that was out of shock somebody approved "shounen anime about tops." :sweatdrop: And according to Wikipedia, it made 3 full 1-year serials? There're 150+ episodes of Beyblade?!

Look it was cool when I was like, 12 okay? Tops spin, what can game cards do? Just sit there, not spinning that's what.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Shoeless posted:

Look it was cool when I was like, 12 okay? Tops spin, what can game cards do? Just sit there, not spinning that's what.

Until you bring out the purple Shadow Realm to summon those monsters on the cards. Then you get to kill people. [/Yugiohnerding]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Kemix posted:

Until you bring out the purple Shadow Realm to summon those monsters on the cards. Then you get to kill people. [/Yugiohnerding]

Yeah, and tops sound dumb until all sorts of glowing monsters appear from them and fight and stuff! #TopsAreCoolCardsJustDrool

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 30, 2016