Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Either the patch didn't hit me or it's one of those start-a-new-game patches. I had no ability to sprint (maybe it's unbound by default) and the liquids were next to IMPOSSIBLE to pour. I held the motor oil upside down over the engine and despite the guage showing up and staying on screen it never started filling. The fuel can, on the other hand, couldn't make the meter appear at all for more than a split second no matter how slowly I moved it around. I'd stop the second the meter would appeal and then it'd vanish without filling AT ALL!

And, yes, I had removed all the caps before attempting to fill them. Radiator and brake fluid worked just fine.

What are the other two things to fill up next to the brake fluid?

Make sure your oil drain plug is tightened down, that got me once.

The other two also take brake fluid. As for the gas, the can is near empty by default; gotta get the thing filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

El Perkele posted:

Perkele tell me vitun immediately how to empty the perkeleen flatbed saatana because last time I just failed so perkeleesti

Go to the back of the flatbed and open the gate. Get back in the tractor, and put on your handbrake, then pull the rear hydraulics lever. When you accelerate, instead of going forward, it should raise the flatbed up. If you're in the spot where you deliver the wood, you should pretty quickly see it make a mound on the ground. Then the guy standing out front should say something and if you go over to him he'll have money in his hand for you to take.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Either the patch didn't hit me or it's one of those start-a-new-game patches. I had no ability to sprint (maybe it's unbound by default) and the liquids were next to IMPOSSIBLE to pour. I held the motor oil upside down over the engine and despite the guage showing up and staying on screen it never started filling. The fuel can, on the other hand, couldn't make the meter appear at all for more than a split second no matter how slowly I moved it around. I'd stop the second the meter would appeal and then it'd vanish without filling AT ALL!

And, yes, I had removed all the caps before attempting to fill them. Radiator and brake fluid worked just fine.

What are the other two things to fill up next to the brake fluid?

The other two things are clutch and steering, I think. They all just take the same fluid. You'll need one bottle for each of them.

Filling liquids is still real fiddly, yeah.

CharlesM posted:

Yeah, sprint is unbound by default. The fuel fill up doesn't appear instantly and it's really hard to tell if you're getting it right. I haven't gotten to the other fluids yet.

Another bug? Or is something wrong? My tractor has 3/4 of a tank (in fact I haven't used it before) but it stalls out and the gauge goes to zero like there's no fuel. Is it broken, am I doing something wrong, or bug?

I've never run into that. Are you holding down the ignition until it catches? Do you maybe have it in a high gear while you are trying to start it or something?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

Make sure your oil drain plug is tightened down, that got me once.

The other two also take brake fluid. As for the gas, the can is near empty by default; gotta get the thing filled.

Which is under the engine?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

the oil drain plug is the large bolt in the lowest part of the oil pan.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

El Perkele posted:

Perkele tell me vitun immediately how to empty the perkeleen flatbed saatana because last time I just failed so perkeleesti

One you've got the tractor in place, put it in neutral, hit the rear hydraulics switch on the left hand side of the drivers seat, then go out and open the gate then give a little tug on the hand throttle until all your hard work pours out.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yeah, it easy to spot, one big-rear end bolt on the bottom of the oil pan.

I had some fun with the cops:

Drive the sewage truck flat out, and somehow manage to stop from 120kmh in time and without running anyone over.
Start drinking beer, and walk towards the cop holding the breathalyser. Finish the beer, and toss it at the dude killing him.
Next walk over to the other side of the road, where a cop car is waiting, and check the fine: +10000 markka, not enough money to pay.
Try to pay it, nope! Cancel out of it, and cop car hits the lights and zooms off to somewhere.
Walk over to another cop, and just by walking into him, kill him too.
Now the other cop car takes off, turns around, and smashes into the sewage truck.
Uh-oh, a logging truck is coming!
Truck hits my truck, both fly into a ditch, cop car is now free and somehow roadkills the cop with the radar further away.
Then silence, as there's skid-marks everywhere, trucks in ditch, beer and groceries spread on the road, and three dead bodies on the ground.

After that I drove the truck back home, where my PC locked up before I could save.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
So once the van inevitably rolls over, is there any way to get it back upright?

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
After writing that, I wonder what's the point of the fines if you can't pay them. And :wtf: were they trying to do? Arrest me, kill me, or something else?

^^^ Use the push command/button, you'll see two hands appear and you can then push stuff around. I recommend crouching and focusing on the tyres. At some point it either rolls upright from a suitable slope/hill, or bugs out and launches in air.

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 29, 2016

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

HookedOnChthonics posted:

My first death that wasn't remotely my fault--I stopped on the road to read a sign and another car hit me, which didn't damage the van but did spill my precious, precious groceries and motor oil all over the road. Then, as I was picking them up:

That moment-of-death screenshot though :allears:

goty 2017 and I haven't even started putting the car together yet

I'd say my best death so far was having one of the many dead policemen in my van clip through the floor, and flip it end over end into the ground.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

JointHorse posted:

After writing that, I wonder what's the point of the fines if you can't pay them.

Just like real life then. Though I doubt they send you angry letters in game.

And in 95 I think you could do jail time to pay off your fines, can't do that anymore

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I went on my first sewage pumping run, and fell into the septic tank and died. This game is fantastic.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There's a bug where if you detach something and then load a save, the item becomes unbolted again.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
What have I done

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I have a decent amount of money and my parts are waiting at the store but my van is at the side of the highway where the cops pushed me off the road killing me, my sewage truck is in a ditch, my tractor bugged out and flipped upside down trying to get the sewage truck out and I didn't manage to get even enough gas into the summer car to get it out of the driveway.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RillAkBea posted:

I have a decent amount of money and my parts are waiting at the store but my van is at the side of the highway where the cops pushed me off the road killing me, my sewage truck is in a ditch, my tractor bugged out and flipped upside down trying to get the sewage truck out and I didn't manage to get even enough gas into the summer car to get it out of the driveway.

Grab your gas can, walk down to the dock and take the boat across to town! Then you can get enough gas in your summer car to go somewhere...and maybe you can use it to tow your van out?

Assuming the boat doesn't bug out on you. Which it does pretty often.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The car starts but only for about five seconds. WHAT DO I DO NOW!?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The car starts but only for about five seconds. WHAT DO I DO NOW!?

You need to tune the carburetor.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
I tried to tow the tractor with my van.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

i have a fully assembled en-gine, tonight i will assemble the suspension and put everything together

tomorrow i will die in it

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

You need to tune the carburetor.

I do not know how to do this. Google seems to only provide VERY early alpha gameplay with no explanation. I turned a screw and it runs but maybe it's not properly tuned?

And also I cannot move. The engine revs but the car doesn't move. I'm assuming I failed to link up the gearing or half rods so we'll see if that's it.

e: Scratch that, it does not run.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 29, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You need to buy a fuel air gauge and then adjust the carb until you get the right reading.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

instead of using lovely half assed game guides go to the source material! the car is a Datsun 100A (Cherry outside of Europe) I think and used the Nissan A10 engine

http://www.retrojdm.com/ScanView.asp?ScanID=30 PDFs of the service manual for the Nissan A10/A12 engine, the mechanical engine one has a chapter on disassembling the engine and there's a engine tune up section telling you how to make the engine work properly

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cojawfee posted:

You need to buy a fuel air gauge and then adjust the carb until you get the right reading.

Or if you can actually get it to run well enough to get it to the shop, you can pay the guy to do it for you. But since this is a game about tinkering with cars, it's more fun to figure out how to do it yourself. If the problem is just getting it to run/idle in the first instance well enough to mess with it at all, you can also try messing with the choke (on the dashboard) a little, I had luck running with a richer mixture when my engine was struggling initially.

I got in the truck and closed the door while I was still hanging half out of it and it shot me up into the stratosphere

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 29, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I would not recommend trying to pull your car out of the woods after being randomly rear ended by hooking the front of the truck to the rear of the car and driving forward.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
See if I had told you to alt f4, we wouldn't have gotten these pictures.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
and i also wouldn't be contemplating a brand new game right now, either.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
gently caress the loving sewage hose. It's ridiculously difficult to try and get out of the loving wells.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just drive off without it. Two of the sewage locations have a save point nearby. You can just save and reload to get the hose back.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

How necessary is the van? I spent an hour recovering and towing it back to my house after my first death. I unhooked it from the tractor and was going to pull it around to a different spot. But when I started it, something happened and I was thrown into a low orbit, and died. It was pitch black, so I don't know where I went. And after respawning and sleeping til morning, there was no sign of my van.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's a functioning vehicle for you to use when your car doesn't work and has hauling beer cases in its design. But with the dominance of how great the sewage truck is you don't really need it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Does saving the game advance game time?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fell into a sewage hole for the second time. At least you spawn at home now.

GOTY 10/10

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So I can't figure out why my car won't drive. The best I got is that I tightened the half rod bolts that go to the engine BEFORE setting the engine. Now, since then I've untightened and retightened them MULTIPLE TIMES but no matter what it still doesn't drive at all. There's also the possibility I didn't hook up the gear shift quite right but I'm not certain where to check that part of it.

Maddening and yet this is part of the entertainment.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 30, 2016

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
So while I was at work today my wife wanted to show her friend "that ridiculous car game " that I've been playing. She was being thoughtful and didn't want to mess anything up so she started a new game......I had literally just bolted the engine in last night and got it fired up before I went to bed. :negative:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Time advances an hour or two when you save.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Is this frog fractions 2

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Farg posted:

Is this frog fractions 2

nah, this is pretty much exactly what it looks like, there's no weird metafictional fuckery

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've never run into that. Are you holding down the ignition until it catches? Do you maybe have it in a high gear while you are trying to start it or something?

I've played around a bit more. It happens if the tractor stalls out (I'm not sure why it stalls out, as I'm in low range moving the trailer slowly). But anyways, if you hold down the ignition trying to restart it your fuel is emptied. I think the solution is to remember to switch off the ignition first then try to restart it.

edit: No I looked at the video I took and I did it that way the first time. Hmm.

Where are the official bug reports?

second edit: Uploaded a video. It doesn't *always* happen. But when it does, all fuel is gone. I noticed the tachometer needle disappears too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55swsFg-eds

third edit: found the bug report forum on steam which the dev checks and posted there.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 30, 2016

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Grab your gas can, walk down to the dock and take the boat across to town! Then you can get enough gas in your summer car to go somewhere...and maybe you can use it to tow your van out?

Assuming the boat doesn't bug out on you. Which it does pretty often.

The gas can fell out of the boat. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

OhsH posted:

I would not recommend trying to pull your car out of the woods after being randomly rear ended by hooking the front of the truck to the rear of the car and driving forward.

Pretty hosed up, got it back home.

did some jobs, made some money, put the body work back on, it's lookin' great again. And as far as I can tell nothing got hosed up in the crash besides having to pick up the exhaust. And the bodywork.

• Locked thread