Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Nyaa posted:

Are we really trying to please our dad, the trio, AND the witch?

Goons try to rules lawyer things, end up in a worse situation.

News at 11

VOTING TO EAT HER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
A

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

A Tripdad has this right. He ran all the way back to Zepath to check on it im sure.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

One of the less discussed Kingly superpowers of Kings is to sense lies, so I bet that Tudiya is sensing Hagar lying as well.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I vote 1. A.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Welp, we got swindled again.

A. Let's do what the people smarter than us want us to do and maybe try to not be so foolish again.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Hahahahahahaha, there were never any tablets.

A, but if she cries to El for Mercy kill her quick.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 2, 2016

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SerSpook posted:

One of the less discussed Kingly superpowers of Kings is to sense lies, so I bet that Tudiya is sensing Hagar lying as well.

Yeah. The fact that we can't discern this yet is a bit disappointing.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Big Boner Stacy posted:

Yeah. The fact that we can't discern this yet is a bit disappointing.

King is clearly a bigger deal in Ur than it is in goon-world. Either we get truth-seeing when we become a king, or we need to get it to become a king.

Ish would actually be right about "when you're older" with this one.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Detect Lies is probably a "morally gray area" ability, since it's a pretty big invasion of privacy. So yeah, the "when you're older" rule probably kicks in, since you'd have to know when the right time to use it is.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

nothing to seehere posted:

A Just end this.

Ditto. Voting A.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Can we ask Paebel and Eleaszar about the morale and mental state of the former heretics? Probably should figure out how to spin this to the people ASAP.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

A, but can we throw a second stone after a bit to end her suffering ala B, just not right away? I would like to have some measure of mercy, and we've seen Tudiya do the same thing before. We have the instant kill option the entire time, choosing to use it at the first opportunity is one thing but we can do it anytime after that as well.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

The ability to detect lies is a well known Blooded ability, albeit one only more Blooded men know and one tied heavily to age. Many possess it in the Old Tales.

Many kings in Ur probably can't do it. However those in the Great Cities surely can, some of their oldest Mighty Men may be able to as well.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Keep the orphan! Every Badwoman and Mommy Warbucks needs an orphan ward.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

A

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RandomPauI posted:

Whaa?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

RandomPauI posted:

THE WARP BREECH IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE THREADS.

Wrong Cyoa Paul.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, I had both threads open and when I saw "Eat her" I figured that had to be the Warhammer thread.

urf
Jul 12, 2009
A

Hopefully this provides the necessary catharsis so Kavodel can start healing from our stupid mistakes

till our next stupid mistake, natch

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SerSpook posted:

A

If Tudiya has determined it is fraud, and he is smarter than us, it was probably fraud. My own patience with her is basically gone. But yeah, let's add a short statement asking for her pain to be taken away if she was, in fact, faithful and misguided. If not then she knowingly hosed people over for decades.

Sure

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ask Tudiya: If I wasn't bewitched, and Hagar is a fraud with no magic, then why did I pass out when I destroyed the statue? Did Ishamal offer any explanation?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

the_steve posted:

ask Tudiya: If I wasn't bewitched, and Hagar is a fraud with no magic, then why did I pass out when I destroyed the statue? Did Ishamal offer any explanation?

Tudiya told us he would not comment on our slumber.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

B Tudiya's right, and by the law she needs to die, but mercy is never misplaced, and this is the closest to mercy we can give her.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Lead out in cuffs posted:

B Tudiya's right, and by the law she needs to die, but mercy is never misplaced, and this is the closest to mercy we can give her.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SerSpook posted:

Diogines posted:

Tudiya says "None of her most trusted followers nor acolytes have ever seen them. Frail women do not drag large blocks of stone and bury them deeply on their own. She would not speak at all but some of her false-clergy would. None of them have ever seen these supposed relics, nor Paebel or Eleazar or any of your men."

He can't sense she's lying if she didn't say anything.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
B Not for the PtB, not for Ish, but because we know that inflicting unnecessary suffering is wrong. We wouldn't do it to a beast of the field or an rear end in a top hat in the donut. We don't do it here either.

For those voting expediency: B is just as fast as A, probably with an extra line of Tudiya disappointed at us, so we can pick the lesser of two evils here and still move along from this episode.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Olothreutes posted:

Tudiya told us he would not comment on our slumber.

Oh, drat, must have missed that. :downs:

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Let's finally get rid off these heretics A

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Let's offer snarls to take Hagar's place in the stoning, then run off with Hagar and eat her for her delicious secrets

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Every time a goon bitches about how stupid and awful Enkidel is, it makes me want to join team hunger forever.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

E

Nah.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
D

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
A The King, our adoptive father, has spoken. He's probably right. He's usually right.

Use a big chunk of that statue we smashed, for the first stone. Maybe the head, if that's mostly intact.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
A

thanks triple dad

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

A

Diog out of curiosity, have there been any builders that have had their houses fail and thus been sentenced to death by falling wall while we've been around? or in living memory

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

alpaca diseases posted:

A

Diog out of curiosity, have there been any builders that have had their houses fail and thus been sentenced to death by falling wall while we've been around? or in living memory
In Tanaach and Ibleam actually, yes.

No one was ever punished for that, however. The builders were probably dead at the time, or were so shortly thereafter if not.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
So, I'm gonna be unable to follow this thread with any regularity for the next four or so months.

Please keep enki from being imprisioned/killed/hungered until i return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

RandomPauI posted:

If a vote comes up involving orphans and Badwomen, I want this to be locked in as RandomPaul's vote.