Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
They finally posed as a loving team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Jade's ears: CONFIRMED.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is completely irrational and stupid, but seeing them posing as a team in a bonus feature snapchat kind of pisses me off. Either do that poo poo in story or don't do it at all!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is completely irrational and stupid, but seeing them posing as a team in a bonus feature snapchat kind of pisses me off. Either do that poo poo in story or don't do it at all!

I'll take it

I'll also assume Jade's ears are a late addition

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

lol hussie didn't even draw or write the snapchat stuff

Also, the actual author said don't delete snapchat, there's more to come.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 1, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

Also, the actual author said don't delete snapchat, there's more to come.

So it's not more Homestuck, it's another Paradox Space comic?

Eh, I'll take it.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Get the snapchat person to finish Homestuck with an actual ending themselves, GRRM is clearly never going to get around to it

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Clawtopsy posted:

3 guardians are about to be in trouble for dressing up kids as little hitlers, and culture costumes

e: can someone more talented than me do a picture of a troll holding a picture of the kid in the condy costume with the whole "this is my culture, NOT a costume" thing going on, tia

Late as hell but I think it's like dressing your kid up like a Devil for Halloween.

But yeah Condy would be seen as Fish Hitler to someone like Roxy who had to actually deal with her poo poo.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Clawtopsy posted:

I'll also assume Jade's ears are a late addition
I think it was a deliberate fakeout.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

it's postcanon content

by definition

not canon

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Oh, for pity's sake. Hussie didn't draw the iconic Jade in [S] Cascade, and I don't hear anybody complaining about that.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh, for pity's sake. Hussie didn't draw the iconic Jade in [S] Cascade, and I don't hear anybody complaining about that.

the fandom when you point out that jade is skinny

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

What if Hussie didn't do any work on Cascade at all

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Hussie's been outsourcing art assets since Act 4 but it's relevant now because drat It we HAVE to complain about SOMEthing

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
the difference is the artists are getting paid now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

Hussie's been outsourcing art assets since Act 4 but it's relevant now because drat It we HAVE to complain about SOMEthing

Art != Writing

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Remember that time Andrew outsourced the entire ending

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

But he did storyboard and animate it. Also, Cascade was the conclusion of several well written running plot lines, it mattered and it meant something to the story.

When people complain about Hussie not drawing and writing things anymore I'm pretty sure what they're actually complaining about is how meandering, unfullfilling, and souless Homestuck has seemed for the past several years and that the current content being released feels like pointless fluff added to an already bloat story that doesn't really add anything of substance.

But I dunno, I can't bring myself to hate this pointless fluff (except for the posing as a team thing, for some reason). It's kind of fun and I got to see a cute cat ghosts doing cute cat ghost things! And it's on snapchat and not on the main site so if I wanted to avoid it could just, you know, not look at snapchat (or this thread).

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 1, 2016

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Tunicate posted:

Art != Writing

Indeed. What's your point?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

Indeed. What's your point?

Hussie didn't write the snapchat stuff, Cohen (I have no idea who this is) did.

http://skullmandible.tumblr.com/post/152579837686/im-ashamed-of-how-hastily-and-furiously-i-drew

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Sketches for Halloween update by Paperseverywhere:
http://paperseverywhere.tumblr.com/post/152581031975/so-i-sketched-out-this-halloweens-snapchat-hope

Colors by Shelby Cragg:
http://shelbycragg.tumblr.com/post/152581703980/paperseverywhere-so-i-sketched-out-this

Note that the gag about Jade's ears being folded down happened between Papers's sketches and Shelby's finished art.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

http://skullmandible.tumblr.com/post/152579837686/im-ashamed-of-how-hastily-and-furiously-i-drew

The head writer of Hiveswap, because that's not Hussie's job either

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Hussie? Andrew Hussie? No, that can't be right... Hussie's been dead for 35 years!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

Given the general consensus that Hussie really botched the writing from Act 6 onward, one would think this would be seen as a positive development. Anyway, given the wafer-thin substance of these Halloween snaps, it still strikes me as Complaining for the sake of Complaining.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I took the post to be 'all the snapchat stuff'

e: Also I, as well as others in this thread, said they felt Hussie had checked out of the comic. This seems to confirm that :shrug:

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 1, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Given the general consensus that Hussie really botched the writing from Act 6 onward, one would think this would be seen as a positive development. Anyway, given the wafer-thin substance of these Halloween snaps, it still strikes me as Complaining for the sake of Complaining.

I think the waifer-thin substance is the thing the people who are complaining are complaining about. It's pointless fluff put out to maintain brand awareness before hiveswap comes out in January. Which isn't inherently bad, but I can see why people might not be into it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

If you had examined the top right of the very page you linked to, you'd have seen

quote:

Creative director and head writer on Hiveswap.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dolash posted:

Hussie? Andrew Hussie? No, that can't be right... Hussie's been dead for 35 years!

Spooky Halloween twist that he's been dead all along? It'd be better than what we're likely to get.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If you had examined the top right of the very page you linked to, you'd have seen

I don't get Tumblrs, but I did know about that part. I more meant I don't know what they've done.

Torgover posted:

Spooky Halloween twist that he's been dead all along? It'd be better than what we're likely to get.

weekend at hussie's

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Torgover posted:

The real twist is that WE have been dead all along.

This thread has been full of ghost posts for years.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i was a ghost before i was even born

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So finally they pose as a team, long after poo poo has ceased to be real.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The real twist is that WE have been dead all along.

This thread has been full of ghost posts for years.

this thread is my hell

Ammat The Ankh posted:

So finally they pose as a team, long after poo poo has ceased to be real.

and hussie didn't even write it lol

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Little ways back, but someone wasn't sure if they knew that Caliborn = Lord English, but, yes, Roxy knew and told John and probably the others at some point I'd figure

ROXY: yeah prob not
ROXY: anyway u know about lord english right
JOHN: uh huh.
ROXY: ok well
ROXY: shes his sister
ROXY: her name is calliope

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That's me, and thanks for the reminder. It can be tough to recall just who knows what, especially since as you say a lot of catching up is done offscreen. Hell Caliborn is still probably just "that guy who made lovely versions of my friends I beat up once" to John, even with Calliope herself around now to provide context. Still, I doubt they know about the fight covered in Caliborn's Masterpiece and they seem to only have the haziest idea of what happened with Vriska and Lord English (which I guess is why Terezi is investigating).

As for Hussie writing Homestuck content, I'll admit I'm not well-equipped to deal with Homestuck's transition into a marketable media property instead of being one weird guy's passion project. Selling t-shirts is one thing, but if we wander off into viral marketing ARG territory with glancing references to future plot threads as nothing but a mirage to keep people coming back, well...

...I mean, it'll work, but I'm gonna hate it. And myself.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

this thread is my hell

Hell is other posters.

Also, I was cleaning out my photobucket account and found this old comic edit I made:

As relevant today as it was two years ago.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i don't care about what surrounds it seeing the original four in the same shot in person safe and happy after all this time is good

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Farg posted:

i don't care about what surrounds it seeing the original four in the same shot in person safe and happy after all this time is good

John's not happy, he's dying inside

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
they only have to look happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I liked this comic a lot more before I started reading this thread.