Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the whole segment is the embodiment of 2010 TNA. A bunch of people show up and have a confusing brawl and then something happens and it ends suddenly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYxeSSKt4ZA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope the new owners still rebrand it so we can have our small victory that TNA as a brand is actually dead.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

the whole segment is the embodiment of 2010 TNA. A bunch of people show up and have a confusing brawl and then something happens and it ends suddenly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYxeSSKt4ZA

It might even be the embodiment of TNA in general because the people you were supposed to be excited about were old, broken down guys who you could only care about because of things from long before TNA was even a thing.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I hope the new owners still rebrand it so we can have our small victory that TNA as a brand is actually dead.

Don't worry 2 of the new owners definitely know about The Brand and what needs to be done

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

super macho dude posted:

TNA: We just don't need a roster

We just need no TV in the UK

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Endorph posted:

a couple of them could be okay midcard acts in WWE, or maybe in japan, but yeah, none of them have any brand value.

Drew Galloway and Grado do pretty good business in the UK, they were the main event at a sold out 4k attendance event here last year.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

TNA scrounged up enough money to hire Rob Liefeld?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

exploding mummy posted:

Al Snow is finally a top draw in a promotion.

Surely you need to be a draw before you can have a top draw.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/793619178368401408

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sensational

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I missed Douglas Williams

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Did Bad Bones work any matches for TNA that aren't ONOs?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Somebody please explain to me how in the gently caress Just Joe still makes a living in the wrestling business in 2016.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Somebody please explain to me how in the gently caress Just Joe still makes a living in the wrestling business in 2016.

Is/was a decently big indie name on mainland Europe. Knows how to work around promoters, money marks, sold shows and foreign tours.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Also he was Joe E. Legend on the indies before WWE and ran with Edge, Christian, and Rhyno, so he knows people.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

They really throw around the word legend loosely these days

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Aron Rex

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

#1 I love this gif

#2 I love that literally nobody in the background is even paying attention.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
A very Broken Hardy Halloween

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I want to quote all the funny things but I don't want to spoil anything. This is absolute gold.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

Holy neon green beans Brother Nero!

That was glorious :spooky:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA's deal with POP is a barter deal, to no one's surprise other than TNA Mecca and I guess Court Bauer.
http://www.sescoops.com/dixie-carter-tna-cfo-share-details-of-move-to-poptv-under-oath-in-lawsuit/

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
TNA owes 48K to another company over merchandising and importing.

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-tna-owes-yet-another-debt-this-time-to-merchandise-designerimporter/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if those guys designed tna t-shirts than they should pay tna 48k in apology

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA's deal with POP is a barter deal, to no one's surprise other than TNA Mecca and I guess Court Bauer.
http://www.sescoops.com/dixie-carter-tna-cfo-share-details-of-move-to-poptv-under-oath-in-lawsuit/

quote:

Even if you try to take it at face value, TNA management is saying that they gave up guaranteed money for a share of ad revenue, which is mind boggling in light of the long history of pro wrestling getting rock bottom rates from sponsors.

hahahahahahahaha i love this dumb gay dead company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Add it to the pile

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Reminder that both WWE and TNA have tangential connections to the U.S. Presidential election.

Patton Oswalt was right; we aren't in the darkest timeline, we are in the crazyiest one.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

this was in the related videos

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I love that Jeff Hardy's made a consistent character trait out of compulsive landscaping.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

hahahahahahahaha i love this dumb gay dead company

A gay company would get much better ad rates.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The GAY Company!?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"And trust me, nobody likes a fat Hardy"

There are tons of great moments in this

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

rare Magic card l00k posted:

It might even be the embodiment of TNA in general because the people you were supposed to be excited about were old, broken down guys who you could only care about because of things from long before TNA was even a thing.

Let's never forget that shortly after this aired, a stable of 5 of their best homegrown talents (back when Matt Morgan was showing potential before showing himself to be shite) were on a massive hot-streak and showing themselves to be a real threat. They were built on a foundation of them being overlooked in favour of out-of-shape has-beens looking for a payday. They subsequently lost on the biggest PPV of the year to a bunch of out-of-shape has-beens who were only looking for a payday.

And later on in that same PPV, they lost their status as the top heel stable to a completely different bunch of has-beens looking for a payday because Hogan and Bischoff have to look good, brother!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Let's never forget that shortly after this aired, a stable of 5 of their best homegrown talents (back when Matt Morgan was showing potential before showing himself to be shite) were on a massive hot-streak and showing themselves to be a real threat. They were built on a foundation of them being overlooked in favour of out-of-shape has-beens looking for a payday. They subsequently lost on the biggest PPV of the year to a bunch of out-of-shape has-beens who were only looking for a payday.

And later on in that same PPV, they lost their status as the top heel stable to a completely different bunch of has-beens looking for a payday because Hogan and Bischoff have to look good, brother!

You can change the names, and this is just about every year for TNA

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Dario the Wop posted:

Reminder that both WWE and TNA have tangential connections to the U.S. Presidential election.

Patton Oswalt was right; we aren't in the darkest timeline, we are in the crazyiest one.

what's TNA's connection?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sono posted:

what's TNA's connection?

Nazis make up a good portion of Trump's base.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Donald Trump: Not racist, but #1 with racists (but also racist)

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well, that's a (small) step up from actually having to pay Pop TV to air.

Meaning that in 6 months, TNA will have to be paying someone to air their shows, and whatever poor bastard is tasked with trying to spin all this poo poo is going to be drinking heavily again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA wouldn't be in half as bad shape as it is right now if they had spent the last 15+ years developing viable tour loops.

• Locked thread