Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pomery
Oct 19, 2016

Automatic Slim posted:

Monogamy versus survival. Adherence to Tuvok's wedding vows seems very illogical. Also, with him presumed dead, I'd imagine his wife would find a new mate quickly.

Was this before or after they made contact with the alpha quadrant? I feel like tuvok got in contact with his wife prior to the end of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah he told her she was tighter in the holodeck

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

criscodisco posted:

Yeah he told her she was tighter in the holodeck

It's like how Janeway made the Irishman taller and single

pomery
Oct 19, 2016
Oh christ, that's hilarious

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Who wouldn't I don't need some cooze smelling his dick every time he goes home

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You can't keep rough trade all to yourself crisco

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm just happy Janeway outgrew that tiresome and creepy governess fetish roleplay.

She can objectify all the saucer-nippled Irishmen she wants in my books.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Fojar38 posted:

and i guess the federation was like "you know what you're right, gently caress the maquis"

the maquis were all "boo-hoo, we just want to be treated like a real space nation"

well, guess what happens to space nations when they drop WMDs on their neighbors

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
like, seriously, there were about three possible outcomes to that scenario:

- what sisko did

- the cardassians roll up their fleet and just exterminate every maquis colony in the DMZ

- the federation goes to war with the cardassians to prevent them from exterminating every maquis colony

you don't run around for a couple years shouting about how "the feds totally don't have jurisdiction, we're our own space nation, gently caress you dad" and then get to drop nuclear/biological/chemical weapons on your neighbors without reprisal.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh wait i forgot the Maquis had also crippled not one but two Federation starships (the Maquis, and the... Malinche? that Excelsior-class ship that the Maquis ambushed)

so they're not just hassling the spoonheads, they're also now endangering Starfleet personnel and threatening Federation security

war on two fronts with a major power and a superpower, amazing loving strategy right there

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Maquis are the Sovereign Citizens of the Alpha Quadrant.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Trast posted:

Cassidy Yates was a cutey.

How bout that original hairstyle of hers?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Watching the lesbian Dax episode. They could have wrapped a better story around a girl on girl kiss.

this episode apparently twisted a ton of panties up in a wad

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Automatic Slim posted:

The Maquis are the Sovereign Citizens of the Alpha Quadrant.

:cop: "sir, speeds of above warp 5 are not allowed in this sector"

:smug: "officer, i am traveling, not warping"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Dr. Pulaksi made a bunch of bad choices and is now aging far more quickly than she usually does which was already pretty fast

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VectorSigma posted:

:cop: "sir, speeds of above warp 5 are not allowed in this sector"

:smug: "officer, i am traveling, not warping"

Warp 9 is the highest warp for lateral spacetrabel. That's with an oxygen accumulating iron hull. :colbert:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

How bout that original hairstyle of hers?

It was the 90's, mistakes were made.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i have as of now met three (maybe four) people who say that voyager was their favorite trek
one of them was even male

i feel like i'm being gaslit

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Trast posted:

the 90's were mistakes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

like, seriously, there were about three possible outcomes to that scenario:

- what sisko did

- the cardassians roll up their fleet and just exterminate every maquis colony in the DMZ

- the federation goes to war with the cardassians to prevent them from exterminating every maquis colony

you don't run around for a couple years shouting about how "the feds totally don't have jurisdiction, we're our own space nation, gently caress you dad" and then get to drop nuclear/biological/chemical weapons on your neighbors without reprisal.

Sisko explained it directly to Eddington. "You should have thought of that before you attacked a Federation starship." The Maquis played with fire and they got burned.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

I always wondered if that script was some sort of big middle finger to the Gene Roddenbury style of Star Trek where everyone is an explorer and not a soldier and thing end diplomatically. It's basically Moby Dick with bioweapons as a resolution. And in the end the Federation can't do anything to Sisko because the Cardassians are happy and he's the god damned Sisko.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Trast posted:

I always wondered if that script was some sort of big middle finger to the Gene Roddenbury style of Star Trek where everyone is an explorer and not a soldier and thing end diplomatically. It's basically Moby Dick with bioweapons as a resolution. And in the end the Federation can't do anything to Sisko because the Cardassians are happy and he's the god damned Sisko.

i dunno, TOS had captain kirk literally threatening planetary bombardment against a planet, and then directly setting that planet up for imminent nuclear war unless they reversed centuries of antagonism and negotiated a cease-fire

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

i dunno, TOS had captain kirk literally threatening planetary bombardment against a planet, and then directly setting that planet up for imminent nuclear war unless they reversed centuries of antagonism and negotiated a cease-fire

Those were the good old days where you could do that and the ships doctor had a portable martini kit

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Kirk never met a planet or a space lady he didn't think needed a good dick slapping and honestly that's the kind of thinking we need to make The Federation great again

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Jim Kirk is many things but he was never a boyscout

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I was thinking more of what TNG became. I'm rewatching some of it and you've got Picard and Riker not wanting to do a wargame because StarFleet isn't a military organization. And then a few years later on DS9 Sisko is bombing a planet.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Trast posted:

I was thinking more of what TNG became. I'm rewatching some of it and you've got Picard and Riker not wanting to do a wargame because StarFleet isn't a military organization. And then a few years later on DS9 Sisko is bombing a planet.

yeah but by then gene was a drugged out senile old man, wracked with bitterness and paranoia over having creative control taken away from him after The Motion Picture and then being ignored when he insisted on making the second Star Trek movie about going back in time and shooting JFK

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

making the second Star Trek movie about going back in time and shooting JFK

Would have been better than the horseshit they did instead

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Holy poo poo heck

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hector Beerlioz posted:

:frogout:.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I've been watching Voyager on netflix for awhile and my usual strategy has been fire it up on my tablet while I do work or play games, or straight up fall asleep to it. If an episode doesn't keep my interest I sort of blank it out and focus on other stuff. I think that's been a solid approach so far.
Now I'm onto the last episode. I guess it's time to buckle up and pay attention.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I don't know why you'd start now

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Get to the ER man, you've had a stroke!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hector Beerlioz posted:

please don't troll

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

please don't troll

I would be sad if heck couldn't post ever again

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Trast posted:

They claim they never get hosed up on drugs, but then they make their foremost science ship their most weapon-filled warship. I'm partial to the school that believes the normal people are the ones running restaurants and farming tough planets and Starfleet is where they send the crazies and weirdos so that everybody else isn't bothered. How else do you explain all the evil Admirals?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

*Post-standardized test, a teacher looks at a padd that is beeping and flashing all these red lights*

"Looks like this kid is real Starfleet material."

*Parents sob*

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
We accidentally combined Tuvok and Neelix into a guest actor that can pull off refined Vulcan calm AND actually be as charming as Neelix only thinks he is.

We clearly have no choice but to murder him in cold blood and get them both back.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Get over it. Tuvix was a non citizen. No papers. No records. No logs. No witnesses.

Janeway made the hard decisions. And all of them were wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
It always comes back to Tuvix. Janeway did nothing wrong and I'll leave it at that (because infallible statements need no defense)