Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Lazrin don't be tempted to melt down your $750 polaris concept ship and pick up something in sale with the store credit. I've a feeling the polaris will be in the game real soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It could also be that you've built your immense ego on your conceited claims of Star Citizens demise, claiming to have foretold said by way of stealing GBS goon valor

I'm undecided, Lazrin which would you consider more likely

I'll take entertainment over being right any day. Getting both is just a nice bonus.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

Lazrin don't be tempted to melt down your $750 polaris concept ship and pick up something in sale with the store credit. I've a feeling the polaris will be in the game real soon.

Lazrin doesn't melt :colbert:

Lazrin is buying ships on sale literal theft or just incredibly ethically objectionable? I was thinking of sending CIG a mail offering to buy the "package" w/o ship for $12 you see

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Croberts does some mo-capping himself, right?

So where are the tubby character models ingame so far?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

Somebody noticed they are selling two different ships as "the fastest"

Easy explanation, Chris Roberts says one is the fastest in game and Sandi Gardiner says one is the fastest seller.

I'm the store page with items you're "Allowed" to buy with store credit and items you aren't.

Steep discounts! Buy now, cash only.

if the picture above still does not scream SCAM - we need moar money! please buy kinda move then I don't know what else those spergs need to witness

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lazrin posted:

the only reason, as i've stated before, you and your leader continue to post here is the concern that everything is, in fact, just fine.

What's your favourite thing about Star Citizen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

Superhornet and Starfarer (Gemini too) Sale Now Up

It's the November sale before the November sale.

Huh. I thought the Gemini was a limited never to be sold again super ship.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

^spoiler that poo poo post please, even better just link it with a warning.

Super Hornet Super Sale

"Have we got a deal for you!"

No you haven't. $174 for a virtual spaceship in a game that doesn't even have an alpha version after five years is not in any sense of the word a "deal". However deal does rhyme with another word that describes this situation.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Haha tane

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. I thought the Gemini was a limited never to be sold again super ship.

Just like the Aurora LX in 2013

quote:

The LX will be available in the finished game, but this will be your only chance to pledge for it through the site

Which they sold again another half a dozen times and will no doubt be selling again this month, not in this sale but the 2nd November sale.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/794548238800064512

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I was watching a video of a guy testing some new fanless/pumpless/noiseless case released just last week.

And the software they ran to heat up the rig was "Crysis 3".

So this star engine is built on the shittiest game ever made that makes your PC heat up like nothing else?
And then they added even more vertices for your rig to handle?

This is gonna be good. (I really hope someone leaks the build after the lawsuits end)

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

My favourite set piece so far in IW is the one where Reyes and his crew have to keep quiet so the evil martians don't hear them walking around on their spaceship. You have to walk very slowly and tap X to hold your breath.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

AP posted:

Just like the Aurora LX in 2013

Which they sold again another half a dozen times and will no doubt be selling again this month, not in this sale but the 2nd November sale.

Why do space missiles need steering flaps?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

TheAgent posted:

btw notice how all the talk on the atv was about a mess hall?

lol

Mess hall is an army term.

Eating/recreational spaces onboard navy vessels are either "crew's mess" (enlisted) "goat locker" (senior enlisted, chief petty officers) or "wardroom" (officers).

Fidelity ruined.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

AP posted:

^spoiler that poo poo post please, even better just link it with a warning.

Super Hornet Super Sale

This is good for StarCitizen.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

DapperDon posted:

Why do space missiles need steering flaps?

The Star Citizen design mantra is "more pointy bits". You may think you've got a nice jpeg, but it's not CIG standard until you've covered it in superfluous pointy bits.

Could handwave this by saying the missiles are designed to be used in both vacuum and atmosphere. But then how would you sell people different missiles for real money? That is not the CIG way.

bill_murray
Apr 27, 2016

MilesK posted:

I expected bill_murray to post this, tbh

I wanted the Indians to win 😑

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hmmm, im not really sure that watching multiple 5 hour streams of people's SC gameplay and linking two 6 second videos of them falling through the floor or angry at game mechanics is really a joke on "them"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

BTak's paranoia about the many ways in which he can't control his own in-game demise make me wonder if he's a chemical engineer.

Risk analyst.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
This sale makes me think they basically have enough money leftover for Sandi's big "marketing push" in Q1 2017 and that's about it. Then they're banking on that marketing push to bring in at least 4.5 million new customers. On the back of SQ42 Season 1 Episode 1 Pilot Episode. That seems to be their long-term business strategy right now.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

Actually, it's a space mop. And a space bucket. And you do it in power armour.

Weirdest curling vid ever.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

Yes, he is wearing deletme gloves to bed. Among other things.

And I love every character having a designated cubic fart cloud.

I'm the crotch rub during the sitting motion.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

As part of the Evocati could you please tell me where the gently caress are you getting this?

No. I can't.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

Hmmm, im not really sure that watching multiple 5 hour streams of people's SC gameplay and linking two 6 second videos of them falling through the floor or angry at game mechanics is really a joke on "them"

"multiple" lol there were like three of them

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

"Can't" or "oval office"?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

This is sadly very true, however fortunately the requirements of immersion as laid down in law by Chris Roberts ensure that anyone who dies in Star Citizen takes at least 5 minutes to get out of their bunk, walk around a few boring corridors, summon their ship, walk to said ship via an exciting airlock sequence. Add on the foresight in picking an engine with long loading times at boot up and you have a universe that helps you skip ahead via chunks in fan streams.

You just need to hit one of these exciting entry to the best game ever points and then rewind to see what the terrible thing befell the Citizen in question for the reaction shot.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
What exactly is Star Marine in the patch process? The next patch or 3.0?
Seems Roberts just trying to release Star Marine to create the suggestion that "delayed indefinittely" isnt canceled, but instead just means "terribly developed"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

I.N.R.I posted:

Call your parents everyone, or visit them wherever possible. They love you and would like to hear about how youre getting on in life

I call my parents mom and dad.
Everyone would be awkward.

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.
I went to Twitch and saw just 3 streamers for Star Citizen with 8, 4 and 2 viewers respectively. I watched one of them and the pilot model was morphing and distorting and filling the cockpit every 10 seconds or so.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EminusSleepus posted:

Star Citizen's current Shituation

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Are you picking up anything in either of the sales this month?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The answer is a lobotomy

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

King of Cheeses posted:

I went to Twitch and saw just 3 streamers for Star Citizen with 8, 4 and 2 viewers respectively. I watched one of them and the pilot model was morphing and distorting and filling the cockpit every 10 seconds or so.

What's the thing in the corner?

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.
I think its an overlay by the streamer. You check it out here:
https://www.twitch.tv/n3cron_99

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I can't wait for the first huge journalistic hit piece to come out. The story that basically takes SC out back behind the barn to put it out of its misery like Old Yeller.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

backers still think 2.6 is just weeks away and that 3.0 can still land in december

:lol:

No - most backers do not believe 3.0 is coming in December (at least from what the current sentiment is on Reddit).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

No - most backers do not believe 3.0 is coming in December (at least from what the current sentiment is on Reddit).

Let's not applaud them too much for that after 4 years, I taught both my dogs to high five in less than 5 minutes.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

What about 2.6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

:allears:

• Locked thread