Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Powaqoatse posted:

man i hosed it up

mods: can i get the Q changed to a G?

also no caps pls

No dont, it's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

funmanguy posted:

No dont, it's perfect.

thx

to be honest its growing on me, warts & all

now to get rid of that 10 year old custom title

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

When I was growing up in High School I met my High School sweetheart. Unlike a Bruce Springsteen song, she was called Sue, not Mary. Sue and I were going steady for months and one night I took her down to the creek in my 396 Chevy and we knew that night we were gonna go all the way. We parked up, made some small talk and were both nervous. I had the World Series on the radio and goddamn it, it was a close game. It was the bottom of the ninth and we thought that they'd never win. As they played through the tenth innings, the squeeze play paid off and for the life of me I can't remember which darn team won that night. What I remember is Sue's body glistening through the moon roof on that darn Chevy as I climaxed inside her sinewy body.

Eight months later, I flunked High School. Sue was pregnant and for my birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat. My dreams of being a high falutin' Wall Street trader doing coke off the exquisite tits of hookers were dead and buried. Her parents had made me promise to marry her to make sure that there was no bastard child and I lived up to the responsibilities that I had saddled myself with.

When it came to Sue giving birth, the child came out of that once sweet cooch dead. Our child was a stillbirth, a dumpster baby to be thrown out because our darn 1950s medicine couldn't prevent it or find any medical use for the organs that had just been spat out.

To this day, I still get PTSD flashbacks every time I open a can of Sweet Sue's Whole Canned Chicken, which is pretty much what I live off these days. The fleeting moment of hope that a live chicken will slide out of that opening, only to be greeted by the horrific reality. A dead animal sliding out in fluids.

Anybody else got any Springsteen/Meat Loaf/Officer and a Gentleman inspired tales of teenage woe they'd like to get off their chests?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Powaqoatse posted:

man i hosed it up

also no caps pls

I feel like I'm missing out on something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Solice Kirsk posted:

Remove the first four letters of his username, then replace the Q with a G.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Powaqoatse posted:

man i hosed it up

also no caps pls

Or jam a U between the q and the o.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatsi_trilogy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse.cx

Hope this helps.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The cult classic film Koyaanisqatsi and its sequels.

Edit: too late but this took a while on my phone and I'm proud of it :colbert:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

v2vian man posted:

during his speech hillary clinton replaced obama's chair with a chair of snakes!! oh no barack

v2vian man posted:

whats that noise! oh!! dick cheney has secreted a handsaw in his wheelchair and is hacking steadily at the supports of the capitol! devious indeed

v2vian man posted:

don't sign the paper!! the fine print says you give up rights to be president and agree to "never be president, not ever"

v2vian man posted:

the helicopter! obama is kidnapped inside. now, off to canada where he can never be president (they really hate blacks)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Aside from the hardcore racists Canada doesn't have enough 'black people' to hate them. There's some pretty lovely hatred towards immigrants though (not the white ones, the 'wrong type', you know).

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Powaqoatse posted:

thx

to be honest its growing on me, warts & all

now to get rid of that 10 year old custom title

I feel like I don't even know who you are anymore

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

Apologies. A few of of you died as babies because I forgot dwarf babies can't drink alcohol and all our water froze

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
In case you're wondering Venom Snake is running a dwarf fortress game in the c-spam trump thread. It's pretty great.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

In case you're wondering Venom Snake is running a dwarf fortress game in the c-spam trump thread. It's pretty great.

too bad C-SPAM is about to get nuked for threatening to kill donald trump

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Does anyone have the quote about love? It's something involving a thermostat, and every day she puts a lamp under it and breaks it, and it ends with something like YOU REPLACE THE FUKING COIL BECAUSE THATS WHAT LOVE IS

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

du -hast posted:

Does anyone have the quote about love? It's something involving a thermostat, and every day she puts a lamp under it and breaks it, and it ends with something like YOU REPLACE THE FUKING COIL BECAUSE THATS WHAT LOVE IS

quote:

gently caress all the pop song puppy love bullshit. Your heart skipping a beat isn't love, it's cardiac arrhythmia. It's not about shortness of breath, either, or how turned on you get or whether you tell yourself you'd throw yourself in front of a bus for her or whatever. You can convince yourself of a lot about how you feel and what you would do in exchange for regular oral sex.

Love is when she drives you insane sometimes. And I don't mean merely "aggravating" or "annoying," I mean flat-out loving in. Sane. And in a way nobody else can do it in a million years. She'll drive you to the point where you'd gouge out your own eyeball with a melon baller or smack your scrotum a half-dozen times with a ball peen hammer if it means you can be done with this conversation. She'll make you want to chew your own arm off to get out of talking about this. And I don't care how many loving times you've had this conversation, each time, you know you'll have it again:

Her: I thought you turned the heat on.
You: I did.
Her: Well, I'm still cold. Are you sure you did it right?
You: Yes, I'm pretty sure I know how to turn on a thermostat.
Her: 'Cause you know you have to flip the switch to "heat" and....
You: Honey! I know! How to turn on! A thermostat! I went to college for it and everything.
Her: Well, I don't feel any heat blowing in here.
You: I know. I think you broke the thermostat again.
Her: I didn't break it.
You: Yes, you did, you put that halogen lamp right next to it again.
Her: That doesn't do anything.
You: Yes, it does.
Her: I thought you fixed it?
You: I did fix it, and you broke it again.
Her: Are you sure you fixed it right?
You: Yes, goddammit, I fixed it right.
Her: How do you know you fixed it?
You: 'Cause it worked when I fixed it!
Her: Well, it's not working now.
You: 'Cause you broke it again!
Her: How'd I break it?
You: You put the goddamn, loving lamp next to it!
Her: I don't see why a lamp would break a thermostat.
You: OK. I'm going to explain this. One more time. Slowly. Thermostats have a coil inside them that expands and contracts based on the temperature. This is how they know when it is hotter than the setting of the A/C, so it can cool the room off, or colder than the setting of the heating, so it can heat the room up. Halogen lamps generate heat. Halogen lamps generate a lot of heat. That's why you burn your fingers when you touch the bulbs after they've been on for a while. So when you put a halogen lamp next to a thermostat, it causes the coil to keep expanding and expanding and expanding past the point it's intended to expand. This makes the thermostat think it's really, really hot all the time, and it makes the coil less sensitive in the future, and it'll eventually break the coil so I'll have to replace the thermostat.
Her: That doesn't sound right.
You: Trust me. It's right.
Her: How do you know?
You: BECAUSE I TOOK SIXTH GRADE loving PHYSICS, OK?!
Her: Well, I don't think they should make thermostats that can be broken by something little like a lamp.
You: Fine. Don't think that. Write a letter to the manufacturers. Write a letter to universities and tell them to build a better thermostat. I don't loving care. But that's how they make them. That's why I keep moving the lamp, that's why I keep telling you not to put it back to the right of the bookcase, that's why I've had to fix the thermostat four loving times now. Stop! Putting! The lamp! Right! Next! To the thermostat!
Her: But on the other side of the bookcase, the front of the hallway is dark, and I can't see inside my gift closet.
You: Well, you can turn on the hall light to go through your gift closet, or you can sit here and be cold! Your choice, honey!
Her:
You:
Her:
You:
Her: I don't think you fixed the thermostat right.
You: GOD-MOTHERFUCKING-DAMMIT, I'M GOING TO FIX THAT MOTHERFUCKING THERMOSTAT TOMORROW, AND I SWEAR TO MOTHERFUCKING CHRIST IF YOU PUT THE LAMP NEAR THE THERMOSTAT AGAIN, I WILL SMASH IT TO A MILLION loving PIECES AND SHOVE THEM DOWN YOUR GODDAMN THROAT!!! MOTHERFUCK ME, JESUS!!!!!!

And if the seventh time you have that conversation, knowing full well there will be an eighth time, you'd still rather have that conversation again than imagine a world she's not in, you're in love.

Especially if you do fix that thermostat... again... the next day, and not just so she'll shut up about it, but because you really don't want her to be cold anymore.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Alaois posted:

too bad C-SPAM is about to get nuked for threatening to kill donald trump

:lol: Here we go again. Link?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Kavak posted:

It's buried somewhere on the huge rear end thread but the quote basically goes "shoot him and play in his blood" which is pretty :stare:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kavak posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205&pagenumber=13801&perpage=40#post466141307

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Crane Fist posted:

I feel like I don't even know who you are anymore

i dont neither :o:

– separate post –

Sam Faust posted:

This veritable Vitruvian victory becomes very understandable when one takes note of detestable David's dinky dong.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I know it's fake but every time I read that I don't know if I'm angry at her be being so loving stupid or him for staying with someone so loving stupid. Or just change the bulb or smash the loving lamp. Ahhhhhhh. Ahhhhhhh!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Outrail posted:

I know it's fake but every time I read that I don't know if I'm angry at her be being so loving stupid or him for staying with someone so loving stupid. Or just change the bulb or smash the loving lamp. Ahhhhhhh. Ahhhhhhh!

shes not stupid, she just doesnt give a gently caress, you idiot.

its an illustration of how every relationship has issues that matter to one party but not the other. so if you really wanna smash the loving lamp, you should probably not date anybody ever.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Outrail posted:

beep borp

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He talks to her like an rear end in a top hat and she should be more considerate. Pretty normal and minor relationship problems. I'd say "love" would be finding out she was actually born a lamp and still staying with her, even though he had sworn to fix and protect thermostats from their natural enemy, the lamps.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Love is blindness,
I don't wanna see
Won't you shut the light
Or at least move it away from the termostat
Oh, my heart
Love is blindness.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

every night i pray to lampfather

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Powaqoatse posted:

shes not stupid, she just doesnt give a gently caress, you idiot.

The quote specifically states that she doesn't quite get it. And if she's doesn't give a gently caress that it's driving him up the wall and can't be asked finding an alternative that's pretty toxic.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
You can't cut back on gift closet lighting! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Outrail posted:

The quote specifically states that she doesn't quite get it. And if she's doesn't give a gently caress that it's driving him up the wall and can't be asked finding an alternative that's pretty toxic.

The threshold for "toxic" relationships is just completely nonexistent now, apparently.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The quotes are coming from inside the thread. :(

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
If you find that to be a toxic relationship then you should sever for her benefit, not yours.

And then spend the rest of your life on a desert island because you will be driven insane by every person on the planet.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

point of story: missed

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dessert Island would be a good name for a tropical themed dessert buffet. I'm sure it exists.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dessert Island would be a good name for a tropical themed dessert buffet. I'm sure it exists.

oh hell yeah i wanna walk clockwise around dessert island and just heap all of that onto my plate

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

You can't cut back on gift closet lighting! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!

also, quote from the quote thread

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

point of story: missed

do you mean this isn't an E/N story about a psycho wife gaslighting this guy about a thermostat?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RyokoTK posted:

do you mean this isn't an E/N story about a psycho wife gaslighting this guy about a thermostat?

Thermostating, surely.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im the reliable narrator who writes a pages long screed on the something awful forums about how my wife doesnt understand the goddamned thermostat

feel free to pick out random sentences and take them for truth

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sever my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Every morning I wake up and windmill slam the lamp next to the thermostat.