Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I've yet to win a match in the Colosseum.

Though attempting to for the third time last night made me realize that my keyboard has a max number of keys that I can hold down at once so if I'm sprinting while jumping and moving horizontally I can't throw a grenade. :smugwizard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Rough time to find out. I love havin grenade on m4 (and tacticool on m5)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Yodzilla posted:

Though attempting to for the third time last night made me realize that my keyboard has a max number of keys that I can hold down at once so if I'm sprinting while jumping and moving horizontally I can't throw a grenade. :smugwizard:

Please upgrade from your macbook keyboard.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Ularg posted:

Please upgrade from your macbook keyboard.

Haha yeah I know it's lame as hell. It's a wireless Logitech deal that I've never had a problem with before but now I'm looking at mechanical keyboards.

I already had to dig my wired mouse out of the closet for this because my wireless just wasn't cutting it. First game in forever where that's actually an issue.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Magnus Condomus posted:

I ran into someone who had no idea what to do against cooked grenades in Colosseum. I think it may have been their first time playing it, which is not a good sign for Colosseum matchmaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6wdcYee8k0

This inspired me to try Coliseum for the first time myself, which led to the opposite result.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Yodzilla posted:

Haha yeah I know it's lame as hell. It's a wireless Logitech deal that I've never had a problem with before but now I'm looking at mechanical keyboards.

I already had to dig my wired mouse out of the closet for this because my wireless just wasn't cutting it. First game in forever where that's actually an issue.

I think I had the same keyboard as you. And yea the reason I say that was I tried playing Battlefield using an apple keyboard and found out the hard way about the multi-key limit.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I want to buy this. Should I get it on PS4 or PC?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mr E posted:

I'd personally say it's pretty strong on both. I think the goon presence might be a little more active on PC at the moment but honestly it's more about your preferred control method and your tolerance of graphical quality.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr E posted:

I don't think the (non-goon) PC community is going to last as long, because Origin. Other than that the game is apparently really well-optimized so you should be fine on either.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are people still thinking CAR is the best SMG? I want to level one of them up but I didn't love it as much as everyone else with the few rounds I played with it. Hows the alternator?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Viper fight on Master loving SUCKS

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Yodzilla posted:

You might be able to fix this a little bit by either just tapping the sprint key (You'll keep going) or turning on Auto-sprint.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Emron posted:

I think I ended up just cover ducking as TONE and dying a lot before I finally got through it with a lucky locked on salvo core.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
New favorite thing in MP is playing floor is lava with a shotgun+ability cooldown mod, phase shift, arc nades, and power cell. Instead of doing reactionary oshit phasing I'm pretending it's SP and just hitting it all the time when I think I'm about to be in the other team's sight or when I spot someone and it's some hilarious poo poo to be appearing near people all the time with a stun nade cocked and a shotgun. Even snazzier too with an assault chipped Ronin, every time I look up and have a big robit buddy teleport+shotgunning with me too it's :allears:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Magnus Condomus posted:

I think I ended up just cover ducking as TONE and dying a lot before I finally got through it with a lucky locked on salvo core.

I got him to about 5% using the expedition loadout, then died because his last phase is distilled bullshit.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Don't have the game but I got a code with my food and figured one of you goons could use it. Came from bw3s and says its for "coliseum mode and titan nose art". 9NTP-PCPF-NJ73-BZEE , says to redeem at titanfall.com/redeem

Used

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 6, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'd save a laser core for that last phase when other titans hop on the ship. You can widdle him down but 3v1 is tough as poo poo.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ChesterJT posted:

Don't have the game but I got a code with my food and figured one of you goons could use it. Came from bw3s and says its for "coliseum mode and titan nose art". 9NTP-PCPF-NJ73-BZEE , says to redeem at titanfall.com/redeem

took it, thank

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

veni veni veni posted:

Are people still thinking CAR is the best SMG? I want to level one of them up but I didn't love it as much as everyone else with the few rounds I played with it. Hows the alternator?

The way I play SMG is hip firing while wall-running, which makes the Alternator and Volt my preferred options. The CAR's hip-fire accuracy just isn't that good.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Emron posted:

I pulled out Ronin for this and killed him with a sword because im a badass. Hardest bit of the whole game imo

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Nalin posted:

The way I play SMG is hip firing while wall-running, which makes the Alternator and Volt my preferred options. The CAR's hip-fire accuracy just isn't that good.

The CAR is actually the best at this, since it doesn't really recoil and it's pretty accurate. The Alternator and Volt kick a lot more so you need those first two shots to land.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Elliotw2 posted:

The CAR is actually the best at this, since it doesn't really recoil and it's pretty accurate. The Alternator and Volt kick a lot more so you need those first two shots to land.

Huh I've actually found the volt to have the best control by far, it has virtually no recoil, kick or spread from the hip.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I've said it before but grenades in Coliseum are craaazy good.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Picked this up Friday and finished the campaign last night. Holy gently caress it was good. Like way better than it needed to be. I honestly didn't care at all that it was being included but Effect and Cause is probably my favorite level of the past couple years.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

The CAR is nowhere near the best. Alternator's the best CQB one due to the damage (but bad at range because of the side to side recoil), Volt is probably the best primary in the game overall because of its good damage and mag size and ridiculous accuracy (whether ADS or hipfired) and reload speed.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Man is this game fun. I'm loving the Mastiff, and Northstar with an extra dash is a blast. The flight + dash + tether makes it really hard for other titans to catch me, and the railgun hits titans and pilots really hard.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

I pulled out Ronin for this and killed him with a sword because im a badass. Hardest bit of the whole game imo

I went with ion because that R1 is so good. Same for Slone. The smart pistol made getting the 3 kills while sliding/wallrunning achievements really easy, too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ularg posted:

The process of saving clips on PS4 is super-duper slow for Titanfall 2 for some reason. It really struggles to bring that share menu up. But I did get some hilarious clips anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCllVP3wGfM

Audio/visual bug that's just so perfect and still makes me laugh. The audio makes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMMVueEIZ28

Gonna give out them tactical sliding hugs.

I wanna give my videos a second chance at life now that more people are up and now drowned out by Dew-Codes.

Man, the 6-4 group in the campaign was a spark of humanity much needed in the campaign story. I wish we had spent more time with them.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Amped Wingman is a one shot kill, that's pretty cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Volt definitely seems great. Looking forward to using this more. I like it way better than the CAR.

Just unlocked wingman. Anyone have thoughts on it?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

The Volt definitely seems great. Looking forward to using this more. I like it way better than the CAR.

teh_Broseph posted:

Amped Wingman is a one shot kill, that's pretty cool.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Very low rate of fire so if you miss you're dead. The mozambique does everything the wingman does except better and it has the bonus of sounding like a squirt gun.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I am very disappointed in the wingman this game :(

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Just hit 1k kills with the alternator. If you don't use this gun somethings wrong with you.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Just hit 1k kills with the alternator. If you don't use this gun somethings wrong with you.

I unlocked the Volt last night and played a bunch with it. I feel like I kill dudes up close basically as fast but have way more success at range with the Volt.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

monkeu posted:

I unlocked the Volt last night and played a bunch with it. I feel like I kill dudes up close basically as fast but have way more success at range with the Volt.

:yeah:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Ularg posted:

The process of saving clips on PS4 is super-duper slow for Titanfall 2 for some reason. It really struggles to bring that share menu up. But I did get some hilarious clips anyway.

The share menu works better once the game is over and you're back in lobby.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

monkeu posted:

Volt4lyfe

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

You ever just really feel the need to give someone the boot
http://i.imgur.com/vmyiZtd.gifv

I love getting out of my titan to take care of things even though almost half the time It ends up killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I was looking to expand out from Destiny and found myself watching lots of gameplay videos for this, so new Ps4 player here. I'm not super familiar with CoD likes so I thought I should ask if there are any newbie traps to avoid or something I should be gunning for right away? Thanks!!