Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

(good GOD, there are so many plumbers in the DFW Metroplex)

~Bake..er... Brothers!~ GREAT SERVICE!

That's the second thing that popped into my head when I read that. The first was "At Millllleeeeestone Electric, we'll fix it in a flash!". Except they don't do plumbing... :doh:

You can thank me for the ear wigs later. They're stuck in my head just as bad.

Also, parents tried calling Baker for their water heater. Holy poo poo they're expensive, and their yelp reviews are comically bad. No wonder they advertise so much!

Darchangel posted:

A 5-speed 4-cylinder base model Ranger almost doesn't have anything to go wrong!

The 4 cylinder has a timing belt... and 8 spark plugs. :confuoot:

But.. new enough to have OBD2, basic enough that nothing really goes wrong. It's non-interference too, so you're just out the money for a tow when the timing belt breaks.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Have fun voting today USA people. Dont gently caress it up pls.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, they are. They gave away GTA or GTA2 on PC some time ago, and I like died instantly the first few times I tried to play it.

GTA London 1969 and 1961 too, If you know where to click on the website ;) I have all of the games on Steam, but I like to keep the physical copies around.

And yes, the 2D games are hard as balls.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Wow today has been expensive. $1500 on new PC parts because mine has decided to poo poo the bed and I just can't live without ~muh gamez~. Also $400 on a bottle of whisky, but I'm considering that an investment in my future happiness.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

slothrop posted:

$400 on a bottle of whisky

Details, please :)

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

KozmoNaut posted:

Details, please :)

It went into the barrel right around the day I was born (March 1984). It's one of my favourite regions, distilleries and independent bottlers! It's getting stashed away until I have a good excuse to drink it - 40th birthday or somesuch.

Meanwhile I got an email saying my PC Parts order can't be processed as my card is declined. Ring the bank. Bank has no 24hr service. Talk to a robot for 5 minutes going around in circles. Talk to someone in India. No they cannot help me but that seems to be my fault for wanting to buy something. Thanks. What a bunch of cunts.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Very nice! I would say to make sure you only enjoy it in small sips, but you've got that part covered :)

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Well, it'll probably get opened and finished in one weekend if not one night, but it'll be at a special occasion with 3-4 of my best mates who do appreciate the stuff.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
that's an impressive whisky

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Old man is loudly bitching about Asians in the line to vote.

Shocked by his lack of Trump apparel.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

an old man on abc was sobbing in fear worrying about what the future for his grand kids will look like if Hillary wins

I look forward to a large number of boomers simultaneously having myocardial infarctions

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I look forward to a large number of boomers simultaneously having myocardial infarctions

Yes, yes, yesssss :unsmigghh:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

slothrop posted:

It went into the barrel right around the day I was born (March 1984). It's one of my favourite regions, distilleries and independent bottlers! It's getting stashed away until I have a good excuse to drink it - 40th birthday or somesuch.

That's totally awesome. I'd love to have that whisky.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I watched a guy and his old firend/uncle/father who was wearing a trump shirt get arrested for stealing booze from jewel. And I mean they stole 500++ in high end for jewel liquor. Was hilarious because they got stopped by a small plainclothes officer. Told ripped both a new rear while he waited for a squad to show up.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

I can't speak for Indiana, but partisan clothing, buttons, etc. are banned in Ohio polling places.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The best part about voting? Voting. The second best part? OLD LADY BAKE SALES! *chows down on muffins*

I actually like doing the stuff that makes me feel like a citizen. I'm one of those weird guys that votes in all the local elections and reads up on the candidates and goes to Jury Duty and things like that. It's like some of the only stuff that is specifically American.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Filled in an oval for a woman president, felt like a hail mary operation.

DON'T LET ME DOWN AMERICA :patriot:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I voted absentee so I didn't have to deal with this.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mariooncrack posted:

I wish I had, but I take my kids with me so that they see the interaction with the process. Plus, they get donuts at the end, so it's a positive building experience for them.

For me, it's just standing in a long line.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

mariooncrack posted:

:hfive:

I'm rural, so I would have to sit in a stuffy 150-year-old township house for an hour.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Seminal Flu posted:

I wish I had, but I take my kids with me so that they see the interaction with the process. Plus, they get donuts at the end, so it's a positive building experience for them.

For me, it's just standing in a long line.

It is good that you are taking your kids to see what voting is like.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slothrop posted:

My level of jealousy knows no bounds. I'm buying a bottle like that once I'm down to just the mortgage for debt.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

beep-beep car is go posted:

The best part about voting? Voting. The second best part? OLD LADY BAKE SALES! *chows down on muffins*

I actually like doing the stuff that makes me feel like a citizen. I'm one of those weird guys that votes in all the local elections and reads up on the candidates and goes to Jury Duty and things like that. It's like some of the only stuff that is specifically American.

We have local elections and jury duty in the uk too and im guessing most western nations??

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Dudes: what is the name of the wheels that look like the Enkei RPF1 but they are seven sets of split spokes instead of six? I thought they were some Rays Engineering but I was wrong. My :google: skills are failing me.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Dudes: what is the name of the wheels that look like the Enkei RPF1 but they are seven sets of split spokes instead of six? I thought they were some Rays Engineering but I was wrong. My :google: skills are failing me.

NT03?

edit: nah, way more than 7 spokes

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sparco Crimson NS2s are 8 splits

...and of course Enkei do a 5 split spoke version PF1.

Try rolling through this motherload http://kyushashoes.com/

*edit: Sparco NS3s are 7 splits

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Searching "7 spoke wheels" gives me a bunch that I think look similar to RPF1s but there are so many I dont know what to link. That doesn't give you what you want?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The Enkei SC05 perhaps?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I just want 13" moon disc trims for my panda but nowhere's in stock.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Volk RE30?

http://www.mackin-ind.com/portfolio/re30/

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

sidewalk gum posted:

I was looking at the Mooneyes stuff the other day but their shipping is so frickin high.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

sidewalk gum posted:

I think you'll find these are the only option for a car with such a name. :colbert:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

InitialDave posted:

The Enkei SC05 perhaps?

close
YESSSSSSSS. Why was I having such a hard time remembering? I guess because TE37's come up everywhere when I searched VOLK wheels.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The 4 cylinder has a timing belt... and 8 spark plugs. :confuoot:

But.. new enough to have OBD2, basic enough that nothing really goes wrong. It's non-interference too, so you're just out the money for a tow when the timing belt breaks.

Yeah, and two coil packs to drive them. The second plug is basically to try and clean up the emissions a tiny bit.

At $1k, if it's not completely rotten underneath, it seems hard to go wrong. Parts for those trucks are insanely cheap.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I think you'll find these are the only option for a car with such a name. :colbert:

O still want to put some drag radials on those and have a set on a turbo'd Miata running 11s. :coal:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

If you and the missus and family or whatever are looking to kill a half-day or so in LA, I work at a local tourist destination/historical site and I'd be happy to give the royal private tour/get you in for free. PM me if you're interested, I figure I owe you at least that with the XJ tips you've given me over the years :v:

No, it's not the Peterson Automotive museum but I wish it was.

Cool! Will do if we have any time to spare.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Due in no short that we have compulsory voting, it's long been the case Aust voting is made to be as easy and as fast as possible. We have huge school fetes but the best reason to vote? DEMOCRACY SAUSAGE SIZZLES

We have online location finders of all polling booths with them as well now. And yes, people really do go vote where the best sausage sizzles are.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Due in no short that we have compulsory voting, it's long been the case Aust voting is made to be as easy and as fast as possible. We have huge school fetes but the best reason to vote? DEMOCRACY SAUSAGE SIZZLES

We have online location finders of all polling booths with them as well now. And yes, people really do go vote where the best sausage sizzles are.

:arghfist: :australia: :arghfist:

Little old lady bake sales are awesome too *goes and eats another muffin*

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

:arghfist: :australia: :arghfist:

Little old lady bake sales are awesome too *goes and eats another muffin*

Oh we have them too. Yo can buy muffins, busicuts or CHOCOLATE KRAKKES!!!! with your DEMOCRACY SAUSAGE. Cup of tea as well.

• Locked thread