Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Due in no short that we have compulsory voting, it's long been the case Aust voting is made to be as easy and as fast as possible. We have huge school fetes but the best reason to vote? DEMOCRACY SAUSAGE SIZZLES

We have online location finders of all polling booths with them as well now. And yes, people really do go vote where the best sausage sizzles are.

How is it that you guys have all this poo poo and the only Australian that's ever affected Canadian politics is the racist douchey one our slaptard previous prime minister brought over to say mean things about Muslims?

loving get it in gear, boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How is it that you guys have all this poo poo and the only Australian that's ever affected Canadian politics is the racist douchey one our slaptard previous prime minister brought over to say mean things about Muslims?

loving get it in gear, boys.

If a politician is in a foreign country spouting off it is probably because they have been laughed out of their own country. Nobody has enough good ones to let them go galavanting off anywhere else.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Made pizza dough last week and had some left over from Friday. Made some with friends and am now basking in the feeling of having ate just a little too much.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Anyone found that reset button for 2016 year? This year is loving bullshit. Finances are hosed, so I'm probably going to cash out my retirement to unfuck them and my credit score and get my head above water for 2017. Wife's grandmother is now dying of kidney failure. Generally feeling like a failure and a fuckup.

On the upside, I do like my job. But owing money that you struggle to pay back is awful. People dying is worse. Just one big ol' poo poo sandwich.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

stump posted:

If a politician is in a foreign country spouting off it is probably because they have been laughed out of their own country. Nobody has enough good ones to let them go galavanting off anywhere else.

The EU appear to have some good politicians that they let out and about. It is unfortunate that they didn't do this more over the past few years.

Guy Verhofstadt (EU brexit negotiator) is great.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Tomarse posted:

The EU appear to have some good politicians that they let out and about. It is unfortunate that they didn't do this more over the past few years.

Guy Verhofstadt (EU brexit negotiator) is great.

Yeah, I was talking more of extracurricular political travelling, like Farage heading to America to shill for trump during the post Brexit hellswamp.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

DEMOCRACY SAUSAGE.

That sounds awesome.

If we had that in america it'd be a euphamism.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Regarding the thread title: my bro lost his job today so it's gonna be a while til I get that money.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

LloydDobler posted:

That sounds awesome.

If we had that in america it'd be a euphamism.
Two things you don't want to know how they're made.

But you can definitely have a democracy sausage. You just won't like how it is given to you.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

~Bake..er... Brothers!~ GREAT SERVICE!

That's the second thing that popped into my head when I read that. The first was "At Millllleeeeestone Electric, we'll fix it in a flash!". Except they don't do plumbing... :doh:

You can thank me for the ear wigs later. They're stuck in my head just as bad.

Also, parents tried calling Baker for their water heater. Holy poo poo they're expensive, and their yelp reviews are comically bad. No wonder they advertise so much!

Yup, Baker Bros is one I checked, because advertising. They were the primary source of my comment on reviews.

I currently have hot water! Inspector came out, no problem - gas guy came out, no problem. Took a bit to purge the air out of the system and get the water heater started, but it's plenty hot at the medium setting. Woot!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just saw a tweet that put it perfectly: this election is just like waiting for biopsy results.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think it's time to ask the real questions. which news channel has the most kick-rear end holodeck

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Watching CNN is like the preamble to Monday night football

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Watching CNN is like the preamble to Monday night football

HOLY poo poo WE HAVE BREAKING loving NEWS PUCKER YOUR BUTTHOLE HERE IT IS FLORIDA IS TOO EARLY TO CALL

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Florida is gonna gently caress us again.

And also Indiana, nice to see you're the majority gently caress head state that far north so far.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

iwentdoodie posted:

Hey, my district looks like it might go blue in the House for the first time since 93, maybe things won't be all bad.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Drained and filled trans twice on the wagon. Shifts so loving smooth, I don't have words for it. Royal purple may have cost an arm and a leg and involved hitting 4 stores to get enough, but it was worth it. Happy mazda is happy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

HOLY poo poo WE HAVE BREAKING loving NEWS PUCKER YOUR BUTTHOLE HERE IT IS FLORIDA IS TOO EARLY TO CALL

The BBC's coverage is pretty sedate and it's nice to not have blaring music beds dropped in every 90 seconds.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

iwentdoodie posted:

And also Indiana, nice to see you're the majority gently caress head state that far north so far.

It's surprising to me as an Indiana resident to see Todd Young and Holcomb winning. I saw literally 2 Todd Young signs in my entire county (Spencer). I saw a good number of Trump supporters calling out both Young and Holcomb on Facebook for being the shills that they are. But BY JINGO they served in the military support our troops blah blah blah...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I've built myself a new computer. The first time in probably over 15 years (I built one for a friend/ex probably 8 years ago now). Aside from trying to figure out why there was no video at first (I assumed it would use on board instead of the pcie video card I added on at first boot), but I'll be damned if it didn't "just work" right out the box. installing updates and what not now. I'm pretty chuffed. :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anyone shocked by Trump taking Indiana is an idiot.

Edit: If Trump takes all the states he is currently leading in he will only need 37 more electoral votes to win. Even with California Hilary doesn't have a guaranteed win.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 9, 2016

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
poo poo guys, can we not post about the election here?
I am studiously trying to avoid the election by avoiding broadcat, facebook, and d&d because I can't stand the horse race bullshit. I just want to wake up at 7 tommorow and know whether having a Canadian passport suddenly makes me a more eligible batchlor.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

nm posted:

I am studiously trying to avoid the election by avoiding broadcat, facebook, and d&d because I can't stand the horse race bullshit. I just want to wake up at 7 tommorow and know whether having a Canadian passport suddenly makes me a more eligible batchlor.

;-*;-*;-*

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

nm posted:

Sup babe?

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I've built myself a new computer. The first time in probably over 15 years (I built one for a friend/ex probably 8 years ago now). Aside from trying to figure out why there was no video at first (I assumed it would use on board instead of the pcie video card I added on at first boot), but I'll be damned if it didn't "just work" right out the box. installing updates and what not now. I'm pretty chuffed. :3:

I haven't built a new PC since 2011 (but I'm still using that PC as it was built, aside from adding a SSD and a better video card), but yeah, it's gotten a hell of a lot easier over the years.

Windows 7 didn't have drivers for half of my hardware at the time, but everything in this thing was pretty new at the time. With 8, everything but my scanner and printer worked out of the box. 10? Everything except my webcam works. It has drivers for the cam out of the box, but I get a grey image from it. I use it so seldom that it took me a few months to notice. It could be the cam itself, it was cheap as hell several years ago when I got it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

nm posted:

Apparently you need to avoid the AI chat thread too :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I lust for death

Also gently caress all the edgelords who voted 3rd party in swing states

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I found myself wishing the good Dr. Thompson was alive at his peak for tonight, so I thumbed through my library with a bottle of bourbon and came up with the following:

Hunter posted:

"The horrible reality of being suddenly stone broke and homeless is more than most people in this country can handle. They will literally seize up and go mad. Your everyday Nervous Breakdown is nothing compared to the hopeless Craziness of a man who woke up in the morning as a Prince and goes to bed as a Toad. That is a guaranteed overweaning shock to the Central Nervous System: if you don’t go insane from suddenly having to see everything in the world from a point only two inches high, your brain will surely be churned into cream by having to crawl, headfirst, with your eyes open, down a muddy hole in the ground just to have a place to sleep.

Nobody could handle a situation like That. It is Unacceptable. It is worse than any dream that ever happened in the worst and most tortured hallucinations ever suffered by the most pitiful LSD victim… I spent a lot of time with Allen Ginsberg and I have swapped gruesome talks over whiskey at night with William Burroughs, and neither one of them ever mentioned a vision so horrible as being instantly changed from a rich and powerful human like Donald Trump into a common leaping toad that might be swallowed alive by a snake at any moment.

Yet that is exactly what happens to people in this world who lose 71% of their customers in four weeks. They seize up and go crazy.”

~Hunter S. Thompson – Hey Rube

I suspect fuckin' Donald will be facing a similar reality in a few short hours.

Hunter posted:

“Or maybe it was me that was actually responsible for what happened to his [Bill Clinton’s] brother. Sure! Like it was me that told the cops to go ahead and put the poor despised little bastard in a federal prison. For his own good, of course. Nobody would have Roger locked up for their own political reasons, would they? Especially not if they had sparkle-eyed little Hillary looking right over their shoulder all the time, hissing and croaking in that blue-steel voice of hers that a lot of people said always sounded exactly like a raven born out of a black egg.

We could have let poor Roger go loose to gobble drugs in sleazy honky-tonks and bus stops all over America, while we turned our backs on him and tried to ignore his fiendish antics and took our own high road to the White House. Yeah, we could do that, Hillary—but it would be wrong.

Right, Hillary?”

~Hunter S. Thompson - Better than Sex: Confessions of a Political Junkie

In June this year, fifteen years after that was written and eleven years after Thompson offed himself, Roger Clinton was arrested for his third DUI in Redondo Beach. This is after Bill presidentially pardoned/expunged his earlier coke possession conviction in the 23rd hour of January 2001.

:rip: Hunter, it was for the best.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

So friends, what liquor are you drinking as we usher in the apocalypse? I chose Woodford Reserve since something American seemed appropriate.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

nm posted:

Non election chat:

I went to go use the little 2 1/2 gallon shop vac I picked up from harbor freight on Saturday only to find it was a returned unit that was used. It was apparently lightly used by looks of it but still used. So thanks to the butthole who was so cheap he used and then returned a $30 shop vac. Who does that?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
CT, you am I, Ferremit, any other Australia residents, you got a couch I can crash on for the next 4-8 years? Canada is too close for comfort and I need an ocean between myself and the monsters in this profoundly stupid country that think an unhinged, willfully-ignorant, charlatan, reality show host is an acceptable choice for president.

Would be willing to consider U.K. couches too.

This is coming from someone that has been a staunch republican voter since forever, but like a teenage girl, I can't even.

The people get the government they deserve. What a profoundly stupid time to be alive.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

They are calling my stupid state (AZ) for Trump with only 65,000 votes counted (55% to Trumpster fire). We have over 1,000,000 early votes cast with something like 350,000 that won't be counted until tomorrow. Might be a wee bit early to call the state based on that.

Fake Edit: As I was typing this the numbers went to 50/45 and 900,000 votes tallied, but still red. If we go red with less than a 5% margin I'm going to go punch every Gary Johnson/Jill Stein protest voter right in the face.

Real Edit: Now 1% margin and 5% to 3rd party votes. Yep.. those protest votes don't count!

The Locator fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 9, 2016

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I haven't built a new PC since 2011 (but I'm still using that PC as it was built, aside from adding a SSD and a better video card), but yeah, it's gotten a hell of a lot easier over the years.

Windows 7 didn't have drivers for half of my hardware at the time, but everything in this thing was pretty new at the time. With 8, everything but my scanner and printer worked out of the box. 10? Everything except my webcam works. It has drivers for the cam out of the box, but I get a grey image from it. I use it so seldom that it took me a few months to notice. It could be the cam itself, it was cheap as hell several years ago when I got it.

I was missing a few drivers, but for the most part the machine was completely functional. The only one I NEEDED was the wireless/bluetooth card I installed (no great way to get cable to basement). The other missing items were just "cool poo poo" or revision updates from the stuff I bought (corsair link for the watercooler, asus chipset drivers, etc).

bend
Dec 31, 2012

bandman posted:

CT, you am I, Ferremit, any other Australia residents, you got a couch I can crash on for the next 4-8 years? Canada is too close for comfort and I need an ocean between myself and the monsters in this profoundly stupid country that think an unhinged, willfully-ignorant, charlatan, reality show host is an acceptable choice for president.

Would be willing to consider U.K. couches too.

This is coming from someone that has been a staunch republican voter since forever, but like a teenage girl, I can't even.

The people get the government they deserve. What a profoundly stupid time to be alive.

If you know how to use a shovel and understand that our politics is hosed too you're welcome to crash in the backroom for a while. seriously this is our immigration minister, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOcU5PJiAGo trying to make some sort of point about the opposition rather than answer the question.I wouldn't mind so much but he hosed it up so badly at the end there that it didn't even manage to funny bullshit, just utter idiocy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If Jill Stein doesn't get 5% I have a Stein voter friend who agreed to let me punch him in the face.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Dirty goddamned apes.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

Dirty goddamned apes.

lol just lol

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Big congrats to the UK on avoiding the Dumbest loving Voters In 2016 award

(JFC USA, there's just no words for how loving retarded you all are as a collective)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

(JFC USA, there's just no words for how loving retarded you all are as a collective)

It's pretty much the same situation that caused it. Except ours was even more made up.

And he's gonna have the Senate and house as well.

We are going to be hosed.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

"None of us are as dumb as all of us!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In 2017 being gay, mexican, black or a woman will be illegal.

• Locked thread