Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Rondette posted:

I'm now 10 days overdue. Please goons send me and this baby some 'GTFO of my womb' vibes please!!!!!

Rondette's baby, tomorrow is my birthday. Please come then, hearing about you being born would be a lovely present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
Listen bab, wouldn't it be cool to be borned on an election day? I understand that you are scared. We all are. But you gotta come out sometime. You can do dis.

Also re: midwife talk, I was ASTOUNDED by the difference in attitudes towards midwives here in the USA v what I'm used to in Australia. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that in Aust every midwife is a qualified nurse already whereas here you can call yourself a midwife with little to no qualifications (experience based) but to be a Certified Nurse Midwife that's a whole different ballgame and requires a lot more quals and is a lot more heavily regulated.

That's just from what I can gather anyway, I'm in Vermont and there are plenty of CNMs, my OB practice is made up of CNMs, NPs, DOs and OBs, I work for PP so I work with lots of CNMs, FNPs and PAs. They are all wonderful.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
The trouble, as you mention, is that in the States there's so much variation in the education, training, and regulation of midwives that you could be getting a Master's-educated nurse or you could be getting some lady who read Ina May Gaskin and decided she was called to catch babies. There are tons of really competent, excellent American midwives, and there are some really scary dangerous unregulated practitioners, too.

Here in Canada midwives aren't nurses, we're a separate health profession trained separately, which I think has its pros and cons as a system of regulation. I'm pretty active on hospital committees and other professional advocacy groups in trying to integrate midwifery better into the healthcare system, because when it comes down to it every obstetrical health profession wants the same thing - happy, healthy parents and babies - so we should all be on the same team. And since we have different training and different approaches, we have a lot to learn from each other! When I've worked in hospitals where midwives are well-integrated and we use a teamwork approach, it's been awesome - all the patients, no matter who their care provider is, really benefit from it. Which is pretty much what you'd expect: when you have lots of smart, competent people from different educational backgrounds working together and supporting each other, you get good outcomes. When they take an adversarial approach to each other, you get worse outcomes.

Eponymous Bosch posted:

I'm sure you've heard it all, but sex with the goal of semen hitting the cervix has evidence to help. Evening primrose oil also and if all else fails (talk to your healthcare provider first of course) castor oil, and the Miles Circuit to get baby's head in the best position for birth.

The prostaglandins in semen aside, also bear in mind that oxytocin is the hormone both of labour contractions and of orgasm, so if you're not in the mood to give your cervix a dose of prostaglandins, feel free to get a little oxytocin boost by yourself instead. Evening primrose oil I usually find we have to do for a couple of weeks for it to be effective. Castor oil can work really really well BUT only if your cervix has already started to make some of its pre-labour changes. Otherwise you'll just have hours and hours of painful diarrhea. I usually advise my patients to come in for a stretch and sweep first and then depending on what their cervix is doing I'll give them the castor oil recipe or we'll meet up again in a day or two to try again.

Everyone in my family goes to 42 weeks. Everyone. Some people just need a long time to gestate. I firmly believe that those extra two weeks were necessary for me to become as good-looking and brilliant as I am today. Unfortunately the hormones that start the labour process have to come from the baby, so until your wee one decides it's time to party, you're stuck waiting around. Get used to it: this kid's going to be setting your schedule for a long time to come!

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
That's really interesting. I was late, my brother was on time, but my son decided he wanted to come out at 37 weeks on the dot. So not technically a preemie, but sometimes it feels like might as well count him as one. He's small but developmentally appropriate. I read a recent study that said the gestation age was determined by the mother's metabolism being able sustain the baby, but it was in the context of why us as a species have our babies at lower maturity than other animals (predominant theory before now was that it was so they could fit through our pelvis since we're upright).

I'm really curious why I had my son early and if it means anything for his life.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
If you want to learn more about outcomes for babies at 37 weeks, "early term" is the search term to use. But remember all research can tell us is that babies with certain characteristics (being born before 39 weeks, being born to university-educated parents, being born in a low-resource country, being born by Caesarean, etc) are more or less likely to also have certain health or developmental outcomes; we can't predict anything for an individual baby or family. Being born at 42 weeks, I was eight times more likely to die being born than a baby born on its due date, but of course obviously I didn't (probably because my chances were still less than 1%...).

Sometimes people have their babies early because something artificially starts the labour process, like an infection or high blood pressure; in circumstances where the baby is safer outside than in, you're more likely to go into labour early. Sometimes people have their babies early because of normal human variation - if 90% of normal babies are born after 38 weeks, that means 10% of normal babies are born before 38 weeks. But the reality is that, as with most things to do with the human body and particularly as with most things to do with getting tiny humans out of the human body, stuff happens for reasons we don't understand even a little bit.

I will most likely be induced at 34 weeks because of my crazy high-risk pregnancy and I'm trying very very very very hard not to read the research on outcomes for late preterm babies! Because nobody publishes a study that says "It's fine. They're fine. Don't worry about it."

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Dogfish posted:

If you want to learn more about outcomes for babies at 37 weeks, "early term" is the search term to use. But remember all research can tell us is that babies with certain characteristics (being born before 39 weeks, being born to university-educated parents, being born in a low-resource country, being born by Caesarean, etc) are more or less likely to also have certain health or developmental outcomes; we can't predict anything for an individual baby or family. Being born at 42 weeks, I was eight times more likely to die being born than a baby born on its due date, but of course obviously I didn't (probably because my chances were still less than 1%...).

Sometimes people have their babies early because something artificially starts the labour process, like an infection or high blood pressure; in circumstances where the baby is safer outside than in, you're more likely to go into labour early. Sometimes people have their babies early because of normal human variation - if 90% of normal babies are born after 38 weeks, that means 10% of normal babies are born before 38 weeks. But the reality is that, as with most things to do with the human body and particularly as with most things to do with getting tiny humans out of the human body, stuff happens for reasons we don't understand even a little bit.

I will most likely be induced at 34 weeks because of my crazy high-risk pregnancy and I'm trying very very very very hard not to read the research on outcomes for late preterm babies! Because nobody publishes a study that says "It's fine. They're fine. Don't worry about it."

Haha yeah, I'm a biostatistician so I know that what I'm asking for is impossible. I had a completely normal pregnancy and delivery, no high bp, no infection, no GD the only thing I can think of is that I helped my husband restain our deck the weekend prior.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Well you shouldn't have used the deck stain made with oxytocin, duh ;)

Oh man I think biostatistics would be such a cool field in which to work. Evey so often I flirt with the idea of an epidemiology master's. Evidence-based medicine is such a tricky concept because it's so hard to figure out how much of what we know we actually DO know, let alone how to go about filling in our knowledge gaps, let alone translating knowledge into practice. Human beings should come with manuals.

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
I threw a dinner party last night and made 3 relatively complex dishes (it was pot luck) for 12 people. Holy gently caress am I tired today. I haven't felt this tired since first tri. I was fuzzy-headed from tiredness. Thank goodness I had today off, I napped on and off all day until a board meeting I had to go to at 6pm and now I'm going to bed to try to be functional for work tomorrow :|

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
My wife and I are trying to set up the registry for our baby shower right now. Does anyone have any tips/sugestions? I'm not really even sure what kind of products I'm looking for. My usual m.o. for shopping is going on Amazon and looking for highly rated products with informative reviews. I also check out the consumer search website to see their take on stuff. Off the top of my head though, I would like any big ticket items to be something that can last at least 4 years. I see they make car seats for infants up to like 30 inches, and I guess after that you have to buy a bigger car seat? That sounds lame. So I would like stuff that could grow with the child, durable, nothing too gimmicky I guess. Gender neutral would be a plus.

Some friends of ours just had their kid, and they got a stroller that looks pretty rugged. Actual inflatable wheels, and I think it's like a set where you put the car seat into the stroller to function as the seat. I forget the name at the moment haha.

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.

crack mayor posted:

My wife and I are trying to set up the registry for our baby shower right now. Does anyone have any tips/sugestions? I'm not really even sure what kind of products I'm looking for. My usual m.o. for shopping is going on Amazon and looking for highly rated products with informative reviews. I also check out the consumer search website to see their take on stuff. Off the top of my head though, I would like any big ticket items to be something that can last at least 4 years. I see they make car seats for infants up to like 30 inches, and I guess after that you have to buy a bigger car seat? That sounds lame. So I would like stuff that could grow with the child, durable, nothing too gimmicky I guess. Gender neutral would be a plus.

Some friends of ours just had their kid, and they got a stroller that looks pretty rugged. Actual inflatable wheels, and I think it's like a set where you put the car seat into the stroller to function as the seat. I forget the name at the moment haha.

Lucie's list is a great place to start. All of their product suggestions have been spot on so far, and they have a bunch of suggestions for various categories: http://www.lucieslist.com/baby-registry-basics/

We looked to them for all the gear related questions and haven't had a dud yet.

We did an amazon registry + one at babyli.st. Amazon for "stuff" and babyli.st for services like paying for a prenatal massage or postpartum doula.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

You pretty much have to have the infant bucket seats, because depending on where you are, some hospitals require you to buckle the newborn into one as part of signoff to leave. You can check with where you intend to deliver to see if that is the case.

And yeah, they barely last a year (often less). But you can get a convertible for after that will last until your kid is like 6.

SomethingLiz
Jan 23, 2009
I thought the convertible car seats worked for newborns too. Is that not the case?

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

SomethingLiz posted:

I thought the convertible car seats worked for newborns too. Is that not the case?

They do. You can also request the nurse accompany you to your vehicle (usually pulled up in front) to demonstrate you have a car seat installed. It probably won't be the first time someone has wanted to use a convertible from day one. Personally, I like the flexibility of the infant seat, but you definitely can use an appropriately fitting convertible seat too.

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.
They do but if the hospital wants to see the baby securely fastened in the car seat ... you'll have a much better time carrying a bucket seat (or just popping it on the stroller if you have a system/adaptors set up) vs a convertible that doesn't offer anything like a handle to carry it.

The big things I would look into would be where the baby sleeps (packnplay/playard? Cosleeper that attaches to your bed? A crib?), sits (bouncer seat, swing), and safety stuff (car seat, baby gates, baby playpens, stuff for child proofing so you can do it as you go vs "oh poo poo, they're in everything", baby monitor). Diapers could be on there too but don't buy only one brand - there could be fit/sensitivity issues and having a closet full of Huggies doesn't do you any good if you need Pampers. Alternatively there are cloth diapers out there too.

Note that clothes aren't on here because people will give you clothes even if you don't ask. Thrift stores/consignment shops are great since they're only in them for a few months (typically). As a brand recommendation, Target's Cat & Jack collection is really cute. :3

nyerf
Feb 12, 2010

An elephant never forgets...TO KILL!
We got a convertible seat, but in Australia the hospital accepts no responsibility for how you were going to get the kid home. Or at least ours didn't. My midwife only came out to the car with us because I'd given birth less than 12 hours prior and was nervous about strapping her in properly. I still felt like I was supposed to hand her back at the door lol. It's illegal to transport a child incorrectly restrained in a car but I have never ever heard of anyone being taken to task over it. Scary huh.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

ghost story posted:

They do but if the hospital wants to see the baby securely fastened in the car seat ... you'll have a much better time carrying a bucket seat (or just popping it on the stroller if you have a system/adaptors set up) vs a convertible that doesn't offer anything like a handle to carry it.

You should not be uninstalling a convertible seat to bring it up. No matter how much of a car seat installation wizard you are, each install/uninstall raises the chance of a mistake. Typically, the nurse or whomever accompanies you to the car to verify the seat.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

skeetied posted:

You should not be uninstalling a convertible seat to bring it up. No matter how much of a car seat installation wizard you are, each install/uninstall raises the chance of a mistake. Typically, the nurse or whomever accompanies you to the car to verify the seat.

Counterpoint: you should be very familiar with how your car seat works as you will likely have to tighten, adjust, or reinstall it at least once. Once you learn properly it's not that hard. Be sure you know how to do it and don't be scared about it.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
there are few moments that will drive a person to the brink of insanity faster than the tense, drawn moments of trying to buckle the second T buckle of a car seat, sweaty and shaking in the struggle of it.

New Weave Wendy
Mar 11, 2007
It's one of those things that varies by location. I'm in Ohio and the hospital staff is not authorized to comment or assist with your car seat in any way. They have to verify that you have an infant seat in your car at discharge but that is all.

I highly recommend going to one of the car seat installation checks run by certified techs.

Edit: the Chicco Nextfit is a great convertible seat that can be used with newborns. Our 3 year old has one and it's a great seat. Comfy, super easy to install, allows for extended rear facing.

New Weave Wendy fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 9, 2016

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
My sister is super particular and strict about car seats so when she asked if she could help me pick one out I happily obliged.

Here's a first time pregnant question: I was at a medical trade show today and a woman used a tens machine on my shoulder. It wasn't very long. Anywho, I decided to look online for one because my husband has back issues and I see it's totally not encouraged to use one when pregnant. I'm a little irritated because I told her I was pregnant beforehand. Is this something I should be concerned about? Also, since we will now have one, I read sometimes they can be used in labour. Anyone have experiences with that?

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
What? In Australia TENS machines are used ROUTINELY for pregnant women for pain relief. It's probably another case of "cover our butts"-itis. I would not worry my friend!

As far as registries go, I've been EXTREMELY happy with the Amazon one, as a prime member. It is bloody great. Here are some good reasons to love it:

1. It allows you to add things that aren't on Amazon, but those things are few and far between anyway.
2. It means international people can buy stuff for you if you have that issue in your life like I do.
3. It's really easy to use. It has some navigational issues (like the whole site does frankly) but it's easy once you have a handle on it.
4. It lets you know when someone buys something, but doesn't spoil the surprise unless you really want to know.
5. The welcome box is pretty sweet PLUS you get a free ebook, $150 of free diapers and wipes if/when spending on your registry gets to $1000. You also get 10%-15% off the remainder of your registry ie whatever others haven't bought for you.

Anyway I've been happy as heck with the Amazon registry. BabyList is another one that seems good.

Eponymous Bosch
Aug 11, 2010

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Here's a first time pregnant question: I was at a medical trade show today and a woman used a tens machine on my shoulder. It wasn't very long. Anywho, I decided to look online for one because my husband has back issues and I see it's totally not encouraged to use one when pregnant. I'm a little irritated because I told her I was pregnant beforehand. Is this something I should be concerned about? Also, since we will now have one, I read sometimes they can be used in labour. Anyone have experiences with that?

TENS units are fine on pregnant women. Don't worry about it.Everything ever is not encouraged in pregnant women, so always be slightly skeptical of those warnings except when your OB/midwife tells you otherwise. I used one during labor (or rather my doula turned it on and off, because I couldn't get the drat buttons to work while in the middle of a contraction). It was a fun toy that took the edge off of the peaks when the intensity first ramped up. I stopped using it midway through active labor, but it is a great trick to have in the bag. They make a TENS unit specifically for labor that has the right settings for ease of use.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008

E-Money posted:

Lucie's list is a great place to start. All of their product suggestions have been spot on so far, and they have a bunch of suggestions for various categories: http://www.lucieslist.com/baby-registry-basics/

We looked to them for all the gear related questions and haven't had a dud yet.

We did an amazon registry + one at babyli.st. Amazon for "stuff" and babyli.st for services like paying for a prenatal massage or postpartum doula.

That lucieslist website is fantastic. Thanks! I don't know anything about car seats, and just reading their section about it is really helpful.

ghost story posted:

Note that clothes aren't on here because people will give you clothes even if you don't ask. Thrift stores/consignment shops are great since they're only in them for a few months (typically). As a brand recommendation, Target's Cat & Jack collection is really cute. :3

I'm not too worried about clothes. My sister-in-law is into kids consignment and she already gave us a butt ton of stuff. My wife and I have been by Target and definitely like some of their outfits.

Sharks Below posted:

Anyway I've been happy as heck with the Amazon registry. BabyList is another one that seems good.

We're definitely going with Amazon. My wife was telling me about all the Prime benefits for baby registries, and it's definitely a no-brainer for us.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

54 40 or gently caress posted:

My sister is super particular and strict about car seats so when she asked if she could help me pick one out I happily obliged.

Not only are TENS machines fine in pregnancy and very helpful for some people in labour, lots of midwifery clinics in Ontario rent or lend them to clients, so ask your midwife if she has one for you.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Phew. That is so relieving!

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
I failed my drat 1 HR glucose test goddamnit. Even if I don't have GDM I really need to eat better. What are the recommendations docs give for a GD diet other than the obvious whole grain, fruit, veg, protein. I also get to go see a cardiologist because my heart palpitations have been out of control. Meanwhile pudding is hanging out super drat low in my uterus even the NP was surprised, usually bub is up higher by now. She didn't seem concerned, pudding just has a happy spot.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Ah, what a bummer. Sorry to hear that. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect in terms of the diet. Small portions of lean protein + whole grains + veg + fruit, frequent snacks, low GI foods, few to no refined sugars. They'll give you dietary targets for sugars and total carbohydrates most likely, and have you check your BG before and after meals.

Remember that you work in the NICU so you only see the diabetic babies who aren't well! I have loads of patients with well-controlled GDM whose babies are normal size, with stable sugars, who go merrily home from the postpartum floor the next day without any issues.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
Been lurking this thread for the past few weeks, but now I'm out I figured I'd post. I'm 21 weeks along, due late March. I had really bad "morning" sickness from weeks 5 to about 15. Diclegis helped once I got on it, was able to stop taking it a month or so ago and have been fine since then. Anatomy scan last week went well and the sex was not spoiled. Plan right now is for husband to catch baby, and then tell me sex. We're completely stuck on names, so hopefully we think of something before it's born.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Reformed Tomboy posted:

We're completely stuck on names, so hopefully we think of something before it's born.

We're still not fixed on names and I'm 42 weeks now.

On that note, it looks like I'm going to have to be induced tomorrow which I am a bit nervous and sad about, I was hoping to be able to stay at home for the first part of the process but instead I'll be in a hospital ward. I'll also have to go to a different hospital than the (much smaller and more intimate) one I wanted because they don't do inductions.

I'm not gonna lie I am loving terrified, induced labours apparently hurt a hella lot more. At least this hospital does epidurals if the need arises.

Also, our baby will share a birth place with Lemmy and Slash.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
When you're induced, you go from not being in labour to being in labour much quicker, which can make it harder initially to cope with the sensations of contractions. Usually when you go into labour it's a slow ramp-up that gives your mind and body time to get used to the feeling. With inductions (or for people who just go into labour really quickly) it can be more intense quicker. But if you can get through that initial shock and find your groove, most of the labouring people I've attended say that it's pretty manageable. I've been to lots of lovely inductions where the women coped beautifully and had a good experience.

If you really don't want an induction, you can talk to your care provider about trying something like castor oil first at home tonight. Or ask them to wait two to four hours between breaking your water and starting the oxytocin drip and see if you'll go into labour on your own just from that.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Dogfish posted:

If you really don't want an induction, you can talk to your care provider about trying something like castor oil first at home tonight. Or ask them to wait two to four hours between breaking your water and starting the oxytocin drip and see if you'll go into labour on your own just from that.

This is what I did; I had pre-eclampsia and I needed labor induced quickly, but my OB was still willing to wait 90 minutes after rupturing my membranes, and it only took about 30 minutes before I went into labor.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dogfish posted:

I asked my midwife the other day about castor oil, she gave me a look which suggested I had asked her if it was safe to break my own waters with a knitting needle.

I just want to get him out now! I'm getting very salty seeing all the women from my antenatal classes posting their cute babies (one was TWO WEEKS EARLY THOSE WERE MY TWO WEEKS BITCH) and people out and about with their little sproggles. At least I know it will be over probably by Monday. Then the real fun starts.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Rondette posted:

I asked my midwife the other day about castor oil, she gave me a look which suggested I had asked her if it was safe to break my own waters with a knitting needle.

A crochet hook, surely.

I definitely don't recommend taking anything that your care provider isn't on board with (although I tend to think that shaming people for asking questions about alternative treatments isn't the best clinical approach). For people who want to avoid oxytocin if possible, I've also had good success with rupturing the membranes and doing a couple of hours alternating walking and nipple stimulation with a breast pump. If you have an electric pump, you could bring it with you to the hospital and see what your midwife thinks. Breaking the waters releases prostaglandins and other helpful chemicals, and nipple stimulation releases oxytocin.

Eponymous Bosch
Aug 11, 2010
What about starting with Cytotec? That is depending on your cervical check and your midwife's comfort with that method. I was induced at 41.5 and had a 3 cm 50% effaced (had been for 2 weeks- grrrr) and needed one dose of cytotec to get everything kicked off. No oxytocin necessary, which was great since I desperately needed to move and continuous monitoring would have sucked. And my labour didn't hurt any worse or less than anyone else's. Dogfish it right though- it went from sitting playing cards with my husband to all-fours on the bed moo'ing like a cow in about 30 minutes. Once I got into it and found my rhythm it was great.

It will be okay and seriously, don't put off the induction out of fear. As a wise OB once told me- nothing good happens after 42 weeks.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Fear isn't a good reason to make any decision - not to put off an induction that you've decided is the right thing for you, but also not to opt for an induction because the "what ifs" of continuing a pregnancy scare you disproportionately. It's hard to say whether anything good can happen after 42 weeks if you routinely induce people when they hit 41+3. I've had lots of folks opt for a 41+3 medical induction for postdates and have a great experience. I've also managed uncomplicated spontaneous labours at 42 weeks and beyond. Human variation is too great for categorical statements. (Except "Nothing good happens when you text after 2 a.m." That is always true.) The risks do go up across a population after 42 weeks, but there's no way of knowing what that means for a particular individual a priori. Make sure you have all the information you need to make a decision you're comfortable with, and decide based on what's important to you.

Molly Bloom
Nov 9, 2006

Yes.

Miranda posted:

I failed my drat 1 HR glucose test goddamnit. Even if I don't have GDM I really need to eat better. What are the recommendations docs give for a GD diet other than the obvious whole grain, fruit, veg, protein. I also get to go see a cardiologist because my heart palpitations have been out of control. Meanwhile pudding is hanging out super drat low in my uterus even the NP was surprised, usually bub is up higher by now. She didn't seem concerned, pudding just has a happy spot.

I had GD almost four years ago now (and get my GTT for this round in December). I even came in here and freaked out about it.

I diet-controlled the whole way and no macrosomia, 10 out of 10 Apgar. No problems whatsoever. Did my finger sticks, basically went 'keto' and exercised.

In terms of diet, the 'not so obvious' was lactose spiking my blood sugar (hard cheese FTW), not being able to eat as much in the way of whole grains as I was initially advised, and making better choices about vegetables. My mother, the nurse, couldn't understand why I could have broccoli in bulk but not peas/corn.

Eating to a schedule really helped, too. I did three set meals, roughly the same time every day. If I smacked all day, I couldn't get the right pre-prandial or post numbers.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh I'm definitely having the induction. I'm just scared. Like any sane person about to go through a life changing experience they know they can't renege on!

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Whatever happens, you'll get through it! You'll make the right choices for you and get your baby out however you can. People do this every day.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dogfish posted:

Whatever happens, you'll get through it! You'll make the right choices for you and get your baby out however you can. People do this every day.

Thank you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Miranda posted:

Not the end of the world! I failed my 1hr but passed my 3hr with flying colors (wasn't over in any of the blood draws... including the 1 hr -_-)