Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Drifter posted:

All hail Kyros.

Kyros is competent, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
Is Kyros' name a changeable string?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CommissarMega posted:

Kyros is competent, though.

No no, I was honoring the lesser of two evils.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I have to hate that even this thread has been taken over by today's news.

The game unlocks tomorrow. I'm out until then.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm loving ready to make Terratus great again

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Pirate Radar posted:

I have to hate that even this thread has been taken over by today's news.

Well it is a big news. And thematically fitting this "Evil won" thread, depending on your views.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
This will probably help Tyrannys sales, so thats nice.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
God just release the game early so I can get utterly smashed and play this game for a day or two

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Dishonored 2 releases a day early for those who preordered, why couldn't this have a dumb preorder gimmick like that?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Any idea when we'll see some reviews of this game, so I can be swayed to buy it and then play it tomorrow.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Dishonored 2 releases a day early for those who preordered, why couldn't this have a dumb preorder gimmick like that?

Because Paradox are not assholes like Bethesda.

Although I'm really fed up that they release at midnight PST. At least use the superior GMT timezone. Or, gently caress it, some time zone in Asia.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Furism posted:

Although I'm really fed up that they release at midnight PST. At least use the superior GMT timezone. Or, gently caress it, some time zone in Asia.

It is frustrating, I think it unlocks at 16:00 in the UK

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It unlocks midnight Thursday night for me here in Asia, unless my math is off.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Taear posted:

It is frustrating, I think it unlocks at 16:00 in the UK

16:00 tomorrow? gently caress sake :(

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

After work, it's brilliant. Already got it pre-loaded, too.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Do we know anything about a max level yet, or an expected level by the end of the game?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Furism posted:

PST is the time zone of Intel, Apple, Microsoft, Valve, Amazon, and Google, it's as near as makes no difference the official Internet time zone. :colbert:

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

HotCanadianChick posted:

PST is the time zone of Intel, Apple, Microsoft, Valve, Amazon, and Google, it's as near as makes no difference the official Internet time zone. :colbert:

Be that as it may, but UTC/GMT has reigned supreme as a superior timezone since time immemorial.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

What time does the game unlock? I yearn for sweet release but escaping into this will be a close second.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You could join the new administration and become a Fatebinder in real life!

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I really enjoyed Pillars and I'm looking for a game to play this weekend but £35 seems expensive, not sure I can bite blind like this.

edit: someone convince me, itll be easy I promise

Miles O'Brian fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 9, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Clanpot Shake posted:

What time does the game unlock? I yearn for sweet release but escaping into this will be a close second.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=240&iso=20161111T03&msg=Tyranny%20Release%20Time

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 9, 2016

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

HotCanadianChick posted:

It's too far away from most of your consumers. At least EST would be reasonable.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Miles O'Brian posted:

I really enjoyed Pillars and I'm looking for a game to play this weekend but £35 seems expensive, not sure I can bite blind like this.

edit: someone convince me, itll be easy I promise

Never pre-order.

Dishonored 2 looks amazing, for example. But an early leak just appeared saying the PC performance is abysmal.

Never pre-order.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Megazver posted:

Never pre-order.

Dishonored 2 looks amazing, for example. But an early leak just appeared saying the PC performance is abysmal.

Never pre-order.

I'd heard there was (obviously) a day one patch somewhere around 10 GB for Dishonored.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Reddit AMA tonight.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
My review copy came in yesterday so I've only spent a little time in character creation, but so far it's looking promising. Character models are nicely stylized. Picking a background and class feels like a bigger departure from PoE than I was expecting. The Conquest CYOA is great.

There is one odd point, though. You choose between two factions. Then most Conquest choices are marked as siding with one of those two factions. The thing is, some of these aren't just difficult decisions, but options that seem like they could run counter to your character's concept/playstyle. If I want to be a mage and scoop up all sorts of lore, it's a bummer that the faction I sided with constantly wants me to kill mages and destroy useful knowledge.

It could turn out that siding against your own faction with these early decisions is no big deal. Maybe it means you'll be liked instead of loved across the board, or maybe you'll just have enemies who were there when you made those choices. Not knowing is refreshing, but also sort of weird.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I am convinced that Obsidian jinxed the American election with this game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

I am convinced that Obsidian jinxed the American election with this game.

Next game better be about you working for an all-powerful mysterious progressive ruler who is heavy into socialized programs where your objective is to convince the last bastion of rebels to accept single-payer and tuition-free college and green energy. Make sure it's ready for the next election, Obsidian!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This is the game I've chosen to distract myself from post-election malaise. Can't wait to work for a fantasy tyrant.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Jimbot posted:

Next game better be about you working for an all-powerful mysterious progressive ruler who is heavy into socialized programs where your objective is to convince the last bastion of rebels to accept single-payer and tuition-free college and green energy. Make sure it's ready for the next election, Obsidian!

Ready for Kyros. Seems like they subsidized law school for our erstwhile protagonist, so that's something.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I will appreciate some escapism when I play this game.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My favorite thing about both Pillars and Tyranny is how much they let you sperg out in character creation. They ask you all the questions about your character that usually you just have to ask yourself.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Anyone saw the collectors guide book? The Pillars one was pretty cool, is it being sold separately (digital)? It's the only thing in the 'x Edition' that I want

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I look forward to playing, just a nuisance that Thursday is my busiest day so I'll be tied up almost the whole day. Ah well, absence makes the Overlord grow stronger.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Obsidian and Paradox are doing an IAMA right now.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
No respec feature

Promises of varied encounter design, such as enemies ignoring your tank line or targeting your bad resistances (Iol)

Conquest imagery will be like the drawn cyoa slides from PoE

Feargus' response of departing employees:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5c3nkh/we_are_obsidian_entertainment_creators_of_aaa/d9tezjj

No real romances

Summons are mostly gone except end game?

"Matt MacLean, wrote for Lantry and Eb. Paul Kirsch wrote for Barik and Verse. Megan Starks wrote for Kills-in-Shadow, and Robert Land wrote for Sirin."

Feargus felt the poe story lost momentum at Defiance Bay

Feargus' response on crowd funding: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5c3nkh/we_are_obsidian_entertainment_creators_of_aaa/d9tgwax

Okay I'm out of energy, this was up to 5:55 est but they seem to have stopped.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Thanks for that cheatsheet of answers.

Not having a respec capability sounds kinda wonky, this day and age. I guess it's less important if you have more than one character, at least. No respec makes it seem like the skills aren't varied enough to warrant such a thing, which kinda sucks.

Those of you who watched videos, did the encounter design look any different in terms of gameplay than in PoE?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Isn't Tyranny's level-up system based on how often you use a skill? How would a respec option work with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Brian said they just didn't have the time to do respecs. PoE suffered the same fate until a few patches in.

• Locked thread