Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
My latest exclusive scoops for y'all:

Anthem CEO Warns Staff to Be Careful Talking to Co-Workers About TNA http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-anthem-ceo-warns-staff-to-be-careful-talking-to-co-workers-about-tna/

New Investment Into Anthem is Funding TNA Deal, Other Expansion Efforts http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-new-investment-into-anthem-is-funding-tna-deal-other-expansion-efforts/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

When Paul Heyman was negotiating to come in as their head booker, did he want a % of ownership? I don't remember. I know his big booking plan was to pounce on freshly released Daniel Bryan and turn him into a killing machine who'd get superquick tapouts, win the title, leading up to either Bryan vs Joe or Bryan vs Angle (don't remember which)

Yes he wouldn't come in without an ownership stake and would cash out after 5 years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Yes he wouldn't come in without an ownership stake and would cash out after 5 years.

I assume that was the dealbreaker? I know Paul had nothing good to say about Dixie afterwards.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we live in an era where Twitch broadcasting exists and Anthem is still using the excuse that internet content distribution is hard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I assume that was the dealbreaker? I know Paul had nothing good to say about Dixie afterwards.

I think everything was. Full control, right to hire and fire, etc.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Pretty much nobody has anything good to say about Dixie Carter so this isn't all that shocking.

coconono posted:

jfc how many minority stakes has TNA sold over the years to idiots?

As far as I know only Dixie Carter, Aroluxe and Anthem have ownership stakes in TNA, but Billy Corgan could theoretically turn his outstanding loan in to a 36% equity stake. Why he would actually want to do this is completely beyond me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I think Paul went into that meeting knowing that would probably happen and decided to go whole hog if he was gonna leave WWE, just in case they were actually willing to give it to him.

grack posted:

Pretty much nobody has anything good to say about Dixie Carter so this isn't all that shocking.

As far as I know only Dixie Carter, Aroluxe and Anthem have ownership stakes in TNA, but Billy Corgan could theoretically turn his outstanding loan in to a 36% equity stake. Why he would actually want to do this is completely beyond me.

Not at all, I just thought it was funny that Paul didn't even bother to use diplomatic language.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

My understanding was that the full control might have been the bigger deal breaker than the equity. Meltzer referred to it as Heyman wanting "the Dana White deal." IIRC he didn't ask for a huge percentage either, probably 10% like White.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

coconono posted:

we live in an era where Twitch broadcasting exists and Anthem is still using the excuse that internet content distribution is hard.
I guess the internet version of The Fight Network (the one that has little to none of their big name content) is doing swimmingly, then...

In fairness, maybe that was his point: They need to be able to have content that they can take everywhere, not just certain countries and certain means of distribution.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

My understanding was that the full control might have been the bigger deal breaker than the equity. Meltzer referred to it as Heyman wanting "the Dana White deal." IIRC he didn't ask for a huge percentage either, probably 10% like White.

She really didn't like the idea of him being able to fire people.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

She really didn't like the idea of him being able to fire people.
Yeah, with everything we've learned lately, I think it's pretty obvious that the "autonomous executive" part was a bigger issue than the "minority owner" part.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hundreds of graphic designers collectively put guns in their mouths

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I look forward to seeing Zu Drakz in action.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Somehow that manages to be even worse than their cartoon match pictures.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

I guess the internet version of The Fight Network (the one that has little to none of their big name content) is doing swimmingly, then...

In fairness, maybe that was his point: They need to be able to have content that they can take everywhere, not just certain countries and certain means of distribution.

I'd buy that better if POP wasn't immediately dumping Impact episodes straight to youtube on the day or airing. I caught up on all the hardy deletion stuff that way.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

holy poo poo

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think this is a good reminder that TNA is not just about total and hilarious failure backstage. Even the stuff we get on screen is wonderfully awful. Zu DrakZ' symbol looks like something a bird left on the hood of my car while Edwards' font still reminds me of Benoit's pants.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Congrats to DD Dward, he will carry the TNA brand into the future.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

coconono posted:

jfc how many minority stakes has TNA sold over the years to idiots?

Haven't you heard? Selling out minorities is now the American way, brother.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yes, I too look forward to the big match between "confused pasty white guy" and "fireman's calendar reject who's trying to hold in a fart"

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

flashy_mcflash posted:

What the hell is this, no reasonable person came up with those fonts. Those are mistakes from some font creation AI in its early stages surely.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'll admit I didn't misread it as badly as some others, I thought Eddie was fighting EU Drake.
Which would be the culmination of some sort of Brexit type anti Europe feud.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 10, 2016

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

I thought Eddie was fighting EU Drake.

I don't know any TNA people so this is what I read and I don't know what it's supposed to be.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I don't know any TNA people so this is what I read and I don't know what it's supposed to be.

Eli Drake

Dummy, yeah

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aron Rex

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Elon Musk

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

gently caress, if i had $30 to spend

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Hardys are replenishing my worried soul.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
Home improvement is absolutely liberating!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
A R O N R E X
R
O
N
R
E
X

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A second Aron Rex has purchased TNA.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Is this gonna be like that one Brett Favre thread five years ago where people just posted Bort Flavr over and over

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Is this gonna be like that one Brett Favre thread five years ago where people just posted Bort Flavr over and over

No, it already is like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

A R O N R E X
R
O
N
R
E