Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Aardmania posted:

A little late, but might as well post this:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60000/new-deadline-mode-and-shotaro-bike-plus-special-bonuses-in

And a note for those who have MC businesses:

extra 50% GTA$ and 2X RP from Biker Business Sales.

Was wondering why a one square sale of coke gave me drat near $200k earlier, nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to those of you who guided me through my first heist / insurgents -v- RPGs / FUNnel last night.

The time was enjoyed.

Now it's time to figure out other ways to make some cash.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

LCL-Dead posted:

Thanks to those of you who guided me through my first heist / insurgents -v- RPGs / FUNnel last night.

The time was enjoyed.

Now it's time to figure out other ways to make some cash.

Bad news, hombre.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

Bad news, hombre.

I know, I know, it was just people talking about making $200k from selling cocaine.

That's a lot of money to me, since I only have 390k left over after last night's spending spree.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

LCL-Dead posted:

I know, I know, it was just people talking about making $200k from selling cocaine.

That's a lot of money to me, since I only have 390k left over after last night's spending spree.

We want you to keep hanging so please heed this advice:

Stay away from MC and CEO ownership until you've got the toys you want to use in this sandbox or you will burn out so hard.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

LCL-Dead posted:

There's work involved in producing that $200k.

Not gameplay, work. Driving a loving slow rear end motherfucking van over mountains and poo poo.

It also takes 50-100 hours to pay off the initial investment in the businesses.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Powershift posted:

50-100 hours

:lol: No it doesn't.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

:lol: No it doesn't.

Not of working away at it, but it takes a long time for some of the operations to build up stock.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Having a CEO office rules just deliver crates with a buddy and have a good time. Most people who tell you CEO sucks in this thread probably grind crates solo over and over again and wonder why they're not having fun while they keep doing it

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

:q:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

The shotaro is p good

The Savage is okay, but man I thought you could CEO menu quick spawn it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

various cheeses posted:

The shotaro is p good

pretty sure it's big enough and their vehicle spawning terrible enough that, unless you're in the middle of the desert, anywhere you called it would have the blades intersecting a tree

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

various cheeses posted:

Gamers think the darnedest things :allears:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So I haven't really played GTA Online since PC launch but I was an idiot while drunk and bought 8 million fun bucks. Whats the best poo poo to spend them on? Can I buy a business now or something?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

cheesetriangles posted:

So I haven't really played GTA Online since PC launch but I was an idiot while drunk and bought 8 million fun bucks. Whats the best poo poo to spend them on? Can I buy a business now or something?

buy a buzzard, a pegasus insurgent pickup and either an MC clubhouse + meth and coke labs or an office and a medium warehouse.

either run your crates in an empty session alone like a doofus or jump on discord and hassle goons to help you run them in public.

profit, eventually.

you'd probably even have enough left to get an armored kuruma and the las lagunas apartment to cheese the pacific standard finale if you don't have them already. (still the most reliable way of making a lot of money fast)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I finally figured out how to save Snapmatic photos to Social Club, so have an assortment of memories of Good Times With Weapons.

Bairns or aard gets some and I awkwardly watch like a perv:

The time Wee Bairns, aardmania, and I had the party on a yacht and decided to borrow a hot dog cart from Del Perro Pier, to this result:

Tanks vs. LSC vs. Crossover:

Four of us chased a bus upstate after whoever was driving the Kuruma rear-ended it. It finally beached on a rock before we pushed it off and it later crashed for good near Paleto Bay.:

After being chased in a Cargobob by a pubbie with a Buzzard, I ditched it in the water near goon friend Otiosely (or maybe Malakai713), who picked me up. Later, trying to go into cinematic mode forgetting the Tug is one passenger, I punched him:

FIRE UP YOUR LOUD. AND ORDER UP SOME SHOTS:

My view of the time virtually all the GTA PS4 Goons got together and set each other on fire while riding in a truck:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 12, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
i wouldn't really suggest either CEO or MC ownership until you know you like them, because the break-even point is pretty far out there on both if you sink into them

but a buzzard is an a+ first air vehicle choice, for sure

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

cheesetriangles posted:

You'll need a luxury apartment if you want to run heists. I always tried to be as centrally located as possible. As Jose said, buy Las Lagunas and park the Kuruma there for Pac Standard cheesing purposes if you can afford it and want to go that way.

I bought an office and have never done CEO work, instead grinding out Headhunter/Sightseer/Hostile Takeover VIP missions to bring in $16-25k a pop that way since a) they're less work and b) you can do them in Private sessions to avoid pubbies. Similarly, I'm holding off on an MC because of the stupid expenses R* charges to have the properties (Daily Utility Charge $2200 :fuckoff:).

In all my experience in this game, most of what I need/use revolves around Kuruma (though I use it less since I stashed it at Las Lagunas), Buzzard, and a couple personal vehicle(s) of choice. I bought the Cuban 800 and, later, Hydra and have used both a handful of times. Not worth it. The most recent thing I bought was the Insurgent, which I use from time to time.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thanks for the session today goons it was a wild ride

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Got back into the game due to tron bikes, bought a tron bike with my last millions and don't have enough cash left to mod it :smith:

What's the moneymaker now for the goon on the go? Are people still just running titan of a job over and over?

Edit: I have an office building if there's some CEO thing I can grind out

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Pac Standard heists

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

various cheeses posted:

Pac Standard heists

Heistin' doesn't suit my playing times and level of commitment to working on any job more complicated than "shoot all the mans and/or drive all the cars" with pubbies.

I tried to do the one where you need a cargobob and then you use the little lifter truck deal to bring a container out from under the bridge. We got the cargobob, then dipshit 1 flies a jet directly into the cargobob and kills himself.

Bob is now smoking but still flying, we get to the bridge and dipshit 2 rains rockets down on it, blowing up the little lifter truck deal and failing the mission.

I don't trust them.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 12, 2016

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I just do random heist quick queues and occasionally get in on the finales, and so far it's been working.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I tell everybody that invites me to an MC I'll only join if I can be VP before I accept the invite. It works surprisingly well, only one person has neglected to make me VP as soon as I join (and that one made me Sgt at Arms, which is cool too, he already had a VP.)

Also tonight the ONE TIME I wasn't streaming on Twitch, I accidentally did an awesome thing -- a cop shot out one of my tires, the car swerved into the popped tire (as they do) ... and right onto a stunt jump ramp, and I completed the stunt jump with literally no input from me. The only time I've ever played GTA Online without having it recorded, goddammit.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

History Comes Inside! posted:

Heistin' doesn't suit my playing times and level of commitment

If you don't make a million dollars cheesing pac standard for an hour then you're not playing with the right group.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I ditched it in the water near goon friend Otiosely (or maybe Malakai713)

That's clearly Otiosely jfc do we all look the same to you or something? I bet u voted for trump

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

thanks for the session today goons it was a wild ride

Are you the Aussie Goon who took part in aardmania's science experiments at Vanilla Unicorn?

Thank you for your service and your sacrifice through combat pistol round to the head so we could clear the room to reset the strippers. :hfive:

titties posted:

That's clearly Otiosely jfc do we all look the same to you or something? I bet u voted for trump

You'd think facepaint would be a distinctive identifier but strangely, it isn't.

Is Trump POTUS of the world which encompasses Los Santos? I can go there and pretend I'm living in an America run by Not Trump.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I'm(alakai713) gonna play the game tonight

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

You'd think facepaint would be a distinctive identifier but strangely, it isn't.

If it helps, whenever you see a goon in a cop outfit it probably won't be Mr_Dread :mrgw:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is Trump POTUS of the world which encompasses Los Santos? I can go there and pretend I'm living in an America run by Not Trump.

Trump being the POTUS in GTA's verizon of the USA would definitely be a thing. R* loves making fun of right-wing politics and attitudes. Heck, Trump is basically a GTA character come to life.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hugh Malone posted:

I'm(alakai713) gonna play the game tonight

I might be on later.

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER

CBJSprague24 posted:

Are you the Aussie Goon who took part in aardmania's science experiments at Vanilla Unicorn?

Thank you for your service and your sacrifice through combat pistol round to the head so we could clear the room to reset the strippers

No that was me that took the bullet
rrrowdy probably took a few bullets too
A good time was had by all (besides the strippers)
'Make it rain'

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I paid for one of the stilt houses when they were new, as I needed the space for car collecting. I've liquidated my collection, and I'll start again once I have all my new money farms going. Can I sell the stilt house?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
You can only replace it with a cheaper property, and at a steep price penalty from what you paid for the stilt house originally. So you could buy a cheap garage and trade it in, but you won't get a lot.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How do I get involved in the PS4 goon squad, if it even still exists?

I already burned through like $250K that I was given on startup for a house, rocket launcher and some guns with mods.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

CBJSprague24 posted:

isnt the game stuck in a perpetual 2012 election cycle with the republican candidate being the washed-up evel kneival type jock cranley?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Thank you for your service and your sacrifice through combat pistol round to the head so we could clear the room to reset the strippers. :hfive:

hahaha i was one of them yeah. for some reason today when we got on it all the missions ended up sendin us back to stripperville. total anarchy reigns on that block

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
As it turns out, planting massive amounts of proxy bombs in the strip club kind of breaks it.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Aardmania posted:

As it turns out, planting massive amounts of proxy bombs in the strip club kind of breaks it.

Doesn't look broken to me! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Aardmania posted:

Breaks it? Or makes it way better?

• Locked thread