Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
no money off the cars themselves, all of the local dealers want :jerkbag: 30315 for sport with a msrp of 28800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

gently caress, now they're offering 0.9% for 60 mo on the GTI

ughhhhh

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Still crazy incentives? I shouldn't, but, it's so tempting.

The dealer in Virginia finally emailed me today, I wrote back immediately but they of course haven't gotten back to me yet. If there's still $7k on the hood I don't give a poo poo about the interest rate since it will be paid off in less than a year once my Golf gets bought back. No money on the hood and no sale.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
according to this thread the 1k haloween money is still in play

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6982631-What-are-people-paying-thread/page151

why not just call them? email is for bullshitters

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

This is worse than even the most pessimistic analysts were expecting.

A 31% drop in Tiguan sales is only like 93 vehicles.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Seeing these deals makes me feel bad for buying my GTI the week before the scandal broke.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Powershift posted:

A 31% drop in Tiguan sales is only like 93 vehicles.

:master::iceburn:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

according to this thread the 1k haloween money is still in play

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6982631-What-are-people-paying-thread/page151

why not just call them? email is for bullshitters

I did call them. They said they would call me back Tuesday. They then emailed me today. Since they wanted to dick around I wouldn't be able to make it out until next week anyway. I'm in no rush.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

BlackMK4 posted:

Seeing these deals makes me feel bad for buying my GTI the week before the scandal broke.

How do you think I feel. Assuming the wreck hadn't totalled it, I'd be getting 22k back for a car I only paid 24k. I'd be able to buy an R with Pretorias :(

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Are they talking about the old Tiguan or the new one? The new one isn't actually in the US yet is it? So they must be talking about the old one, you know the one they stopped making.

I'm always perplexed as to how the people who write the sales press releases seem to know absolutely nothing about which car is new.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

BlackMK4 posted:

Seeing these deals is making me feel bad about replacing my 2010 GTI with something other than another GTI.

Kind of.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
3.0 pushed to Dec. 1 for next court update.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
They finally sent me a quote

$1k more than last week. Still listed at $22k on their website of course. I'm also not sure about adding my sales tax for where I live into their price even if that's standard in Virginia. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can only pay when you register here.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
1k of admin and fees? :jerkbag:

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

fknlo posted:

They finally sent me a quote

$1k more than last week. Still listed at $22k on their website of course. I'm also not sure about adding my sales tax for where I live into their price even if that's standard in Virginia. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can only pay when you register here.

Since I just went through this: $22k is listed on their website but it probably says at the bottom that the price is with all incentives whether or not you qualify, in my case I didn't qualify for a recent grad discount of somewhere around $500. Regarding the sales tax, you'll pay all appropriate sales tax for your area at the dealer (apparently this is so the lender knows that sales tax/reg fees were all paid) and they overnighted my plates when they received them. I paid the $800 in freight and the retarded $600 "admin" fee because it was still thousands lower than I could find anywhere else. Also, since you're flying in, I told them when I was getting in and they picked me up from IAD which was nice. If you're getting dicked around by them, I still wholeheartedly recommend Lindsay VW, their internet sales guy Al was great and made the whole process easy as poo poo.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
The gently caress are non tax fees? On top of a $700 "documents" fee? That's some bullshit

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
I've never haggled over the internet... What are the odds you could drive down some stuff in person that aren't happening on the online quote? Just curious cuz I really don't know. Good luck in any case. I seriously lust for that model...

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

PabloBOOM posted:

I've never haggled over the internet... What are the odds you could drive down some stuff in person that aren't happening on the online quote? Just curious cuz I really don't know. Good luck in any case. I seriously lust for that model...

I'm not flying to the east coast to try and haggle a price down. I'm thinking of just countering at $25.6k out the door because while that's a good deal I know that if I just wait a bit I'll be able to get the same thing closer. The only thing that might be an issue is supply of cars once the buy back gets rolling in earnest, but I'm not all that worried about it.

e: I told them that $1k over what's still listed on their website on top of another $1k in fees makes it not worth it for me to fly out there and the drive over 900 miles home.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 4, 2016

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
got my final offer letter today on my TDI :krakken:

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
I'm so hoping that I don't have to renew the registration this month. It even needs to get a smog this year!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
So after three weeks, I finally got an email from VW saying they've reviewed my documents, and all the correct steps have been taken, and now they are currently determining my eligibility. Here we go, wonder how long this will take.

I wonder if my car being registered in Maryland, and since moving to Ohio will be a problem. I didnt update my registration out of avoidance of a hassle. Retitling and registering a car in Ohio is drat cheap compared to MD and pretty much hassle free, but dealing with the MVA(Maryland) is a nightmare. I really hope this is t a problem.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

interwhat posted:

So after three weeks, I finally got an email from VW saying they've reviewed my documents, and all the correct steps have been taken, and now they are currently determining my eligibility. Here we go, wonder how long this will take.

It took 3.5 weeks for me to get an offer letter. It requires a notary this time, $10 at a UPS store, and it has to be scanned and uploaded (no cell pictures).

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

I Am Not Spor posted:

It took 3.5 weeks for me to get an offer letter. It requires a notary this time, $10 at a UPS store, and it has to be scanned and uploaded (no cell pictures).

Has it already been 3.5 weeks since the verdict? Man, time is flying!

DrChu
May 14, 2002

My MKVI GTI has been sounding a little loud at times recently, finally this morning it deciding to go all the way and separate the muffler from the rest of the exhaust. I got underneath the car and found that luckily it is just the sleeve that connects the two halves

After 140K miles the two hose clamps that secure it to each side have dissolved. Assuming I can get the remnants off, can I replace those with any that are about the same size, or is there some reason I should get replacement ones from VW?

edit: found replacement sleeve on Amazon for $16, ordered that

DrChu fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 7, 2016

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
Signed, notarized, and uploaded my offer letter on the 4th, and I got an email back today to schedule an appointment. The earliest possible was November 29th, and it looks like my dealership, Sonnen VW in San Rafael, is only doing Tuesday appointments at 1:30 or 2:30pm.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

I Am Not Spor posted:

Signed, notarized, and uploaded my offer letter on the 4th, and I got an email back today to schedule an appointment. The earliest possible was November 29th, and it looks like my dealership, Sonnen VW in San Rafael, is only doing Tuesday appointments at 1:30 or 2:30pm.

Jesus, its like VW thinks this was the consumers fault and they are doing everything they can to make sure you never buy their car again.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Jesus, its like VW thinks this was the consumers fault and they are doing everything they can to make sure you never buy their car again.

Don't forget that a ton of dealers are apparently acting like the court ordered restitution you're getting is the same thing as an incentive offered by VW.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

and yet this thread is full of people trying to do it

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
TDI people - how long did it take VW to review your paperwork? I haven't heard anything since submitting my paperwork Oct 31st

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

I think it's only been the one guy with any movement. Most of us had to update something and it looks like it is square one again.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
I just got my offer letter this morning!

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

TDI people - how long did it take VW to review your paperwork? I haven't heard anything since submitting my paperwork Oct 31st

After submitting it took three and a half weeks to get my offer letter, and then after submitting that only 5 days to set my appointment, but that is a little weird. My dealer only does Tuesdays at 1:30 or 2:30, which might be related to plate, or VIN, or name?

Kramdar posted:

I think it's only been the one guy with any movement. Most of us had to update something and it looks like it is square one again.

I'm fully expecting to get turned away at the dealer for having too many miles or some bullshit. Currently at 108,000, might roll over 110,000, by the 29th.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

I Am Not Spor posted:

After submitting it took three and a half weeks to get my offer letter, and then after submitting that only 5 days to set my appointment, but that is a little weird. My dealer only does Tuesdays at 1:30 or 2:30, which might be related to plate, or VIN, or name?

I'm fully expecting to get turned away at the dealer for having too many miles or some bullshit. Currently at 108,000, might roll over 110,000, by the 29th.

Are you getting a check cut or doing an EFT? If you're doing an EFT, the amount will just be adjusted based on mileage from what I've been reading...but I could have mis-read something too.

Things went pretty fast for me once the court stuff got wrapped up. I scheduled my buyback for the day before Thanksgiving yesterday after getting the final approval.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

The TDI Reddit is keeping this document with some interesting data on the timelines various people have been experiencing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NUC6wyZBZrsCWrLmBQkrcBaG_4Ao9Ni3jzPrABowY2I/edit#gid=0

TL;dr, it seems mostly random and in general they are quite far behind schedule.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

r/tdi has a spreadsheet going with data from ~650 owners; from that data, 35% of paperwork submitted within that timeframe has been marked complete

Kramdar posted:

More then half of the cars on that spreadsheet have had their documents marked complete at this point.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

I guess I was just thinking my wife was supposed to get another email. I just logged into the claims portal and saw this:

VW posted:

We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.

I sure wish I knew when that 10 day countdown started.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Kramdar posted:

I guess I was just thinking my wife was supposed to get another email. I just logged into the claims portal and saw this:

I sure wish I knew when that 10 day countdown started.

You guys should have gotten an email on that progress, so maybe check your spam filter. I got my offer letter on the 10th business day.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
It arrives via snail mail, right? not on the website

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

qutius posted:

Are you getting a check cut or doing an EFT? If you're doing an EFT, the amount will just be adjusted based on mileage from what I've been reading...but I could have mis-read something too.

Getting a check, which supposedly will happen day of. VW said ACH/EFT would take a few days, but seeing as how their document review takes either days or months, I don't trust that.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

BraveUlysses posted:

It arrives via snail mail, right? not on the website

no, it will be available as a PDF online. at least for me, everything has come over email and been online. I printed mine off, got it all signed and such, the uploaded it back to them via cell phone pictures into one PDF.

qutius fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

qutius posted:

no, it will be available as a PDF online. at least for me, everything has come over email and been online. I printed mine off, got it all signed and such, the uploaded it back to them via cell phone pictures into one PDF.

And notary for sure? I'm guessing the earliest I might get the letter for my wife's car would be the 18th. Looking more like the 21st. And I didn't want to have to re-register this thing. Dammit California and your need to smog every two years.