Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

RC Cola posted:

You realize Kevlar is gay as well right?

Yes. Kevlar hasn't made any jokes like that. Read the last 3 pages for fucks sake, do I need to give you a god damned list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Yes. Kevlar hasn't made any jokes like that. Read the last 3 pages for fucks sake, do I need to give you a god damned list?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm at the point now where I'd take 4 years of Trump for a Cubs World Series victory

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Whoops. My bad.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Right, but I'm talking about now, today. People started making those jokes again. Like. Just stop it. Talk about baseball, complain about Buster Posey's gold glove, whatever. But don't make light of a tragedy for a whole bunch of people.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This is the Something Awful forums no? It's entirely built off poor taste.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

post sexy gifs instead

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I miss baseball and wish it would come back already. Regular season, not postseason. I don't need higher blood pressure right now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Right, but I'm talking about now, today. People started making those jokes again. Like. Just stop it. Talk about baseball, complain about Buster Posey's gold glove, whatever. But don't make light of a tragedy for a whole bunch of people.

Kevlar's second post I quoted is from today though :confused:

Well, late last night. Same thing.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Popete posted:

This is the Something Awful forums no? It's entirely built off poor taste.

i guess ill come back to the baseball threads in 4 years. my life just went from maybe having a kid this year to wondering if my marriage will even be legal. there's poor taste and then there's poor taste.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Up here in Canada we had a Conservative Party politician say that she's super glad Trump won and she wants to basically be Canada's Trump in the next election, so we have that to look forward to.

I am sorry that your new President is a loving toilet, American baseball buds.

Anyway, here are some election tweets from Dodgers:

https://twitter.com/BrettAnderson35/status/796260095990431744

https://twitter.com/BMcCarthy32/status/796278973072216064

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

i guess ill come back to the baseball threads in 4 years. my life just went from maybe having a kid this year to wondering if my marriage will even be legal. there's poor taste and then there's poor taste.

gently caress that Cheeto and his ilk. I hope things work out for the best in the end for you and either way you got your buds here at the SAS beisbol thread.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

gently caress arrieta, piece of poo poo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:catstare:

Another piece of poo poo to add to the pile, I guess!

Dan Haren status, still cool:

https://twitter.com/ithrow88/status/796208159022952448

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm gonna be banned soon (but I will be back to shitpost about the Giants) so this seems like a good time to stop being bitter about the nlds and say: congrats Cubs fans.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm gonna be banned soon (but I will be back to shitpost about the Giants) so this seems like a good time to stop being bitter about the nlds and say: congrats Cubs fans.

Did you perma or just Toxx for her? I think if you donate $10 to RAINN they're waiving the regular Toxxes. Check C-Spam, friend.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
All I can think is that the Chicago Cubs will be honored at the White House next year by the President of the United States, which will be Donald Trump.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

New Concept Hole posted:

All I can think is that the Chicago Cubs will be honored at the White House next year by the President of the United States, which will be Donald Trump.

Arrieta can give him a dick five

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

New Concept Hole posted:

they deserve eachother

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Scob posted:

this is the worst thing ive ever seen posted in the baseball threads

Well I'm not going to eat your "pizza", so it's Lion's Choice, White Castle, or Jack In The Box tacos. I'm just driving through to someplace nicer anyway.

There you go! Food chat, the staple of offseason threads!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

New Concept Hole posted:

Obama said he wants to have them come before he's done.

I don't know how realistic that is but :shrug:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Well I'm not going to eat your "pizza", so it's Lion's Choice, White Castle, or Jack In The Box tacos. I'm just driving through to someplace nicer anyway.

There you go! Food chat, the staple of offseason threads!

Pizza is an open-faced sandwich.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
WHERE ARE MY SEXY GIFS

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

It's just extremely unfunny to me, as a queer person, to see people making jokes about trading a Donald Trump win for their team to have a world series victory. If you mean to imply that I'm literally dumb and so god drat crazy that I think baseball actually affects elections, you're being a disingenuous dick. But when you literally have people in here going "I would have accepted this for an Astros win" or "it was worth it to see the cubbies win", yes stop that loving poo poo. It's not funny. It's not a joke. This poo poo loving happened and now a lot of people are going to have their lives altered in ways that your average baseball fan cannot possibly relate to.

you realize posts on an internet forum had literally nothing to do with the election right?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

ok at least the bright spot of this day and week is i got an order in on that jacket.

now to go back to severe anger

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

you realize posts on an internet forum had literally nothing to do with the election right?

Tell that to D&D.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
This has been a very strange thread today

So Carlos Beltrán back to the Royals, right? that would be cool

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

It's just extremely unfunny to me, as a queer person, to see people making jokes about trading a Donald Trump win for their team to have a world series victory. If you mean to imply that I'm literally dumb and so god drat crazy that I think baseball actually affects elections, you're being a disingenuous dick. But when you literally have people in here going "I would have accepted this for an Astros win" or "it was worth it to see the cubbies win", yes stop that loving poo poo. It's not funny. It's not a joke. This poo poo loving happened and now a lot of people are going to have their lives altered in ways that your average baseball fan cannot possibly relate to.

If it helps morale at all, I told my wife, mother, and anyone else who would listen that I'd happily watch the Cubs lose for another 100 years if I could trade it for a Clinton victory.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Of goddamn course I was joking, I'm a bisexual jew, I spent the night unable to sleep.

People cope in different ways, and one of the ways people do it is to make light of awful poo poo.

Anyway, in "lighter" news, Arrieta can go gently caress himself.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Poque posted:

WHERE ARE MY SEXY GIFS

I got ya, hun

Anyway, I shouldn't be surprised about Arrieta since he's from Texas, but I'm still a bit disheartened. :sigh:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Miz Kriss posted:

Anyway, I shouldn't be surprised about Arrieta since he's from Texas, but I'm still a bit disheartened. :sigh:

Waino's from Georgia and is way more Jesusy than I'd prefer, but he was a lot cooler about things.

https://twitter.com/UncleCharlie50/status/796037870599503873

Then again, Waino's just generally awesome and adorable and takes some of the best Halloween pictures with his daughters and wife.

https://twitter.com/UncleCharlie50/status/793210995112050689

Root for Waino for the Silver Slugger tomorrow!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I take back every nice thing I ever said about Jake Arrieta's beard, and I take back every second that I ogled his muscular thighs in that Body Issue video. :colbert:

Poque posted:

WHERE ARE MY SEXY GIFS

edit: In other news, it was Giancarlo Stanton's birthday yesterday, and he and AJ Ramos are bro-ing it up in Egypt, and they also bro-ed it up in Brazil when they painted that Jose Fernandez mural a little while ago, and it warms my heart that they are friends. :unsmith:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 10, 2016

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

YeahTubaMike posted:

I take back every nice thing I ever said about Jake Arrieta's beard

it's gone now and he looks super weird. I thought it was Lackey standing with Theo at first

https://twitter.com/klackey33/status/795341713091031045

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

it's gone now and he looks super weird.

I know! The fact that it's gone makes it easier to hate him.

Speaking of baseball players with bad opinions about stuff, Christian Yelich definitely talked poo poo about athletes who knelt during the anthem, but no one knew about it because no one cares about anything that any Marlin other than Giancarlo Stanton ever does.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Poque posted:

it's gone now and he looks super weird. I thought it was Lackey standing with Theo at first

https://twitter.com/klackey33/status/795341713091031045

Wow, that is... unfortunate

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
N: Twitter reports

A MLB agent tells @CSNMooney that free agent reliever Aroldis Chapman is seeking a $100 million contract.

Yeah or no?

Cubs fans?

Yankee fans?

LAD fans?

SF fans?

V: He wll end up on one of these teams.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hell no, even if I liked him.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ScottyJSno posted:

Yankee fans?

Please god no

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Wait... Lackey's gone?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Popete posted:

Hell no, even if I liked him.

This

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

ScottyJSno posted:

A MLB agent tells @CSNMooney that free agent reliever Aroldis Chapman is seeking a $100 million contract.

Yeah or no?

Cubs fans?

gently caress that!

Miz Kriss posted:

Wait... Lackey's gone?

He's saying goodbye for the offseason. He and Jake live in Austin during the off months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ScottyJSno posted:

Yeah or no?

Cubs fans?

lol no.

And in any event, the Cubs have apparently hinted that they won't be looking to sign any of the big three closers this off season, and are going to try and develop a closer in house. Probably Edwards, but maybe that means Rondon is getting a second chance too:

"Bleacher Nation posted:

And on those free agent closers you’re undoubtedly pining over – Aroldis Chapman, Kenley Jansen, and Mark Melancon – Patrick Mooney suggests that’s not the route in which the Cubs are going. Instead of paying Chapman or Jansen for their success in the past, the Cubs are going to try to identify the next one of them. That said, Jed Hoyer did mention that there’s no way the Cubs would have won the World Series without Chapman and that they’ll at least “have those discussions” of bringing him back. Frankly, I wouldn’t anticipate Chapman back on the Cubs, but it isn’t unlike this front office to explore every single possible angle.

That said, the Cubs are still in talks with Chapman, and linked via rumors to Jansen. Then again, so is everybody else who is going to bother to compete next season.

• Locked thread