Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
^^^^^^^
It's very possible to get Fie to 100% physical evade.
P.S. there is a quartz that makes a character that physical evades get a guaranteed crit on their counter.

Really Pants posted:

I think even if Jusis never does anything but Noble Command, it's still good enough to justify a team slot all by itself. The same goes for Alisa and Heavenly Gift. They're both decent enough attack casters with their default master quartz, and decent enough with weapons if you give them a strong attack quartz like Vermillion or Calamity. If you're really worried about their DPS not being totally optimal like Laura or Emma, you can give them some of the support Lost Arts instead. Then your staff-users can stay on Lost Eden or Sol Eruption duty.

Or whatever magic damage quartz Emma isn't using, if you're not using Elliot as the #2 caster...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
It is totally viable to use Jusis as an attack caster if you build him for it. Criminal and Hades are enough to one-shot most random encounters, and by the endgame it's not that hard to hit 100k+ on the first cast against a boss, and that's without lucking out on resistances. Plus you can link him with Elliot for reciprocal Arts Support Overdrive shenanigans.

As for Gaius, it's worth noting that Thor and Chrono Break mean there is literally no situation in which he can't bust out an S-craft on his turn and do so almost entirely sustainably.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Elliot used to be my guy in Cold Steel 1 but Resounding Beat seems to have gotten a bit nerfed, I've not been able to rely on it at all and in fact got killed in a few fights because the amount it was restoring just wasn't keeping up with the damage output from the bosses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Elliot used to be my guy in Cold Steel 1 but Resounding Beat seems to have gotten a bit nerfed, I've not been able to rely on it at all and in fact got killed in a few fights because the amount it was restoring just wasn't keeping up with the damage output from the bosses.

Yeah, Elliot got hit with a nerf stick and Emma got a buff which ended up making Emma just kind of superior. Resounding Beat really should have scaled better than it did.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wonderslug posted:

As for Gaius, it's worth noting that Thor and Chrono Break mean there is literally no situation in which he can't bust out an S-craft on his turn and do so almost entirely sustainably.

Chevalier seems like it was tailor-made for Wild Rage, at least at first glance. Does anyone know how low your HP has to be for the full 150% boost?

Nate RFB posted:

Resounding Beat is no good anymore, but art heals with the formerly-pointless Canon quartz are actually really strong now.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 8, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also is it just me or do Master Quartz take loving forever to level up this time around. I feel like I've been sitting on Moebius and Megalith at level 3 for like 15 hours.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Also is it just me or do Master Quartz take loving forever to level up this time around. I feel like I've been sitting on Moebius and Megalith at level 3 for like 15 hours.

The way they scale means that short of insane grinding you're not going to master Quartzes before the game wants you to, but if you swap lower-level Quartzes in they start gaining EXP insanely quick.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They do take a long time. Megalith sucks now, too. :smith: The regen doesn't kick back in until level 5, and it's so painfully slow that you can only really use it during actual downtime in a town or on the ship, rather than between combats.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

cs2 has been added to ps now

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Really Pants posted:

Resounding Beat is no good anymore, but art heals with the formerly-pointless Canon quartz are actually really strong now.

I just got curious enough to check, and Canon does not boost Artemis' Tears. It does try--you can see the six-digit heal popups--but everyone ends up at double their max like normal. So I guess you can still put Canon away once you're leaning on that and Seraphic Ring for all your heals.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

evildoer is such a good final boss theme

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I really want to work Jusis into my party, because Noble Command is so great, but I just can't seem to find a consistent use for him. He's not quite strong enough to warrant replacing Laura/Fie/Sara, and isn't good enough with ATS to do the same for Emma/Elliot. When I have used him he's basically been a Noble Command/Recuria/Holy Breath one-trick pony.
Noble Command/Platinum Shell are broken as gently caress and he doesn't need to do anything else

You can beat the cryptids the moment they're available so long as you have those two moves (Jusis might not have Platinum Shell by the time they're around, but the moment he gets it, you should go do them)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You'll also need Emma's Crescent Shell or the Crescent Mirror art for a few of them.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Any reason to get Fie's evade over 100%? I got it to 110% and thought maybe she's like super-evade and the enemy would hit itself but nope.

This is at the expense of her other stats though. She's impossible to hit with physical attacks but her damage output is just ok.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Overbite posted:

Any reason to get Fie's evade over 100%? I got it to 110% and thought maybe she's like super-evade and the enemy would hit itself but nope.

This is at the expense of her other stats though. She's impossible to hit with physical attacks but her damage output is just ok.

No reason to go over 100%.

And you have plenty of characters to do good damage, but Fie's the only character who can reasonably hit 100 evade due to her innate evade.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Overbite posted:

100% isn't 100% evasion. I think it's actually just the +% buff to your shown AGI before it's plugged into whatever formula compares it to DEX and dice rolls to determine hits.

To me your actual evade % feels like the % shown on lower difficulties but feels worse on higher, likely due to enemy buffs affecting DEX, so there might be arguments for over 100% there.

edit: oh, if you meant 110% shown before considering insight then no, there'd be something else more worth an orbment slot somewhere, maybe worth two.

Decus fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 9, 2016

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Overbite posted:

Give her Wrath and a damage boosting master quartz. Vermillon (I think) works great for this.
You can always drop her evade a bit to boost her damage (Carnage works nicely) and cast insight on her to make up for it.

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 9, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Overbite posted:

Give her the Tauros master quartz. I don't remember if counterattacks can deathblow or inflict other ailments like assists can, but at least if they're the source of all her damage then the increased turn delay won't matter as much.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I gave her Wrath but I think I have tauros on Laura, the one that does more damage at the cost of speed.

I threw literally everything DMG related I could on Laura. Attack quartz, waterfall, double damage on first hit, str boosting accessories. My boss strategy so far has been buff Laura's str and then have her use her 200cp s-craft and either one shot it or do a whole lot of damage. If I see a crit spot on the turn list I will skip her turns until I can s-craft on it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If Fie is doing low damage but still getting shitloads of counters--especially if those counters imbalance--then she's probably okay.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/796595782006833152

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So does that mean we might get it by Spring 2018? Maybe September?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they can't work on it before launch cause falcom's closed off like that so around a year, year and a half from the jp launch if they pick it up right away

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
And hopefully the last of the Sen line.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What are generally regarded as the best EX spheres or whatever they're called for Valimar? I'm sort of getting the feeling that simply outlasting your opponent and not giving them a lot of turns are ideal so far, so HP/Defense/Speed, but there are only so many U-Materials to go around and I'm now at the point where I can start creating level 3s so I need to be somewhat selective.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I think I usually went with Speed 2 and 3 and Attack 3

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

honestly the divine knight battles are never really challenging so i wouldn't worry too much. i'd just go with stacking speed and the whatever else you want to round it out

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Your partner and what buffs/debuffs you decide to use are more important. On nightmare I went with attack 3, speed 2 and speed 3 with sara debuffing atk and spd. Rather than morning moon spam I just used offensive crafts, defend and heals to win every fight but the second-to-last, where I was just too slow even with that so had to go with Elliot/Alisa partners and morning moon. If you're going morning moon you'd probably just go straight attack 3, attack 2, attack 1 and have partners to buff CP or debuff enemy defense, which should be worth more than an attack buff on higher difficulties. Elliot can help too.

I never tried any of the defense or hp ex-orbs on nightmare but I imagine they aren't very effective. In theory going all HP would make your defend/heal commands heal more HP but in practice I don't think it'd be enough to cancel out the extra hits you'd be taking from not having any speed orbs. I guess it's possible that full defense orbs + sara debuff might drastically reduce damage? But I feel like you'd run into speed problems again, maybe. From what I remember hard mode is +25% enemy stats while nightmare is +40% so HP/defense should be fine there from a speed standpoint.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think I've leaned on Millium and Alisa the most, because Millium has a get out of jail free card with regards to blocking an attack and Alisa can boost my CP which helps get me to the auto-evade/counter Craft more frequently.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wild Rage and Morning Moon mean you don't need any speed. Attack/Defense/HP should be fine for story fights, and then go all-Attack for Awakener's Call.

If you're short on U-Material, go do some training.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 11, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wait, you can do the training over again to grind U-Materials? That'd be a game changer.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You should be able to train as much as you want, yeah.

e: I just checked, and the trainers won't give you extra U-Material rewards for repeating training, but the Combat Shells will drop them anyway. Bring the Luck quartz and the Phantom Thief's Cape.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 11, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's how you win divine knight battles:

Speed 1, Speed 2, Speed 3

Switch to Sara and have her debuff the enemy
Switch to Fie and have her buff your speed, then charge
Switch to Sara and have her debuff the enemy
Switch to Fie and have her buff your speed, then charge
Switch to Sara, etc etc

Grats, the enemy now does no damage and you get 3 turns for every one of theirs

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Really Pants posted:

You should be able to train as much as you want, yeah.

e: I just checked, and the trainers won't give you extra U-Material rewards for repeating training, but the Combat Shells will drop them anyway. Bring the Luck quartz and the Phantom Thief's Cape.

Aren't they 100% drops?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Decus posted:

Aren't they 100% drops?

Bring the Emblem master quartz then, I suppose. And bring the Cape anyway for your dodge-tank.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cold Steel 2's DO-OVER THAT DIDN'T COUNT I GOT POWER LEVELS TIMES INFINITY fights are obnoxious, but I just realized that is literally the way I've been playing Trails games this whole time: just screwing around and seeing what all the enemies can do, until things actually look dangerous enough to stop holding back and bust out the S-Breaks/Overdrives/etc. I guess turnabout is fair play.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What's the loadout to get Fie to 100% Evade? I'm up to 70% with Evergreen/Phantom B Cape/Evade 2&1. I think I get another 5% with a Falco Master Quartz but I'm assuming the rest will come from specific weapon/armor/boots?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's a shirt with like 20% Evade so that's part of it. I think it's for sale in Bareahard?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I think I got it with the Aura Jacket 2 and the Evade 3 Gem (Aeolus?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I got her up to 100% early in Act 2 with an Ebony Vest, two Evergreens, Falco Lv 4, Evade 1/2 and Shining R.

Getting the Aeolus Gem or a shirt with more than 10% Evade with make things smoother.