Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Symetrique posted:

Hah. Yeah gotta be in cockpit view to use freelook though. Its pretty useful, for obvious reasons.

I never figured out how to freelook in cockpit, care to clue me in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

TwatHammer posted:

I never figured out how to freelook in cockpit, care to clue me in

Make sure you have aircraft freelook bound, its under keybinds/in plane. I have mine bound to a side mouse button. Just hold it while youre in cockpit view and use your mouse to look around.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

eonwe posted:

probably will start out with the martini-henry

Disappointed I cant pair the martini-henry with a howdah pistol and go full on Safari hunt. All that'd be missing is a pith helmet and some Bermuda shorts.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Party Plane Jones posted:

Knife is the fastest overall but club is definitely the quickest from behind I think. It's just one thud to the back of the skull and they're dead, you don't even grab them like you do some of the other animations.

The club bonk is pretty fast but there is a small delay as you watch them fall over. The axe kill from behind is lodging it in their shoulderblade and yanking it out which is very fast. The sword/sawtooth has fast animations all round.

Talking about animations, your soldier usually barges through gates and doors but sometimes they kick them open. I think it's a nice touch, like the Autoloading 8 occasionally doing the mag flick reload.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bartek bludgeon is the correct choice

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Sank a dreadnought with light AT grenades. The enemy team was not pleased.

Delacroix posted:

Talking about animations, your soldier usually barges through gates and doors but sometimes they kick them open. I think it's a nice touch, like the Autoloading 8 occasionally doing the mag flick reload.

First day I played Rush I played the Battlefield theme on the telegraph when calling artillery. It was neat.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 10, 2016

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Dezztroy posted:

First day I played Rush I played the Battlefield theme on the telegraph when calling artillery. It was neat.

What do these words mean please help.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Justin Credible posted:

What do these words mean please help.

When I used the telegraph it played the Battlefield theme in morse code beeps.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I'm a dummy, disregard

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I like sniping planes out of the sky with my tank hunter landship. They get so mad.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
So I assume no one play tested fao fortress on operations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

So I assume no one play tested fao fortress on operations.

Not Fao, not Suez, and DEFINITELY loving NOT Sinai. Seriously, all the desert maps in this game are varying levels of bad, especially in Operations. Like... worse than in Conquest. I mean, Suez actually sorta works, unlike in Conquest where it's currently a joke, but Fao is bad in Ops and Sinai is just bad in everything.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I actually don't mind Suez the way it is now. It sucks when it's a total shutout, but that only happens to me maybe 10% of the time, and when there's a good back and forth it's a lot of fun.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Italian operation is literally impossible to lose as defense

It's far worse than the desert maps

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I actually don't mind Suez the way it is now. It sucks when it's a total shutout, but that only happens to me maybe 10% of the time, and when there's a good back and forth it's a lot of fun.

Suez actually has some cover, which makes fighting on it potentially interesting. The problem right now is the lack of cap points in Conquest, which makes it a horrific shutout spamfest.

Sinai and Fao, on the other hand, are devoid of cover, and given how easy sniping is in this game it's just a constant snipefest 24/7. Operations only exacerbates this, ESPECIALLY on Sinai, where the first three sectors on offense are actually flat, open plains with next to no cover to prevent you from being shot at by all the snipers that have perfect little perches up in the hills you're facing. The first three sectors are like this. It's horrible, and the exact opposite of fun.

The desert maps just feel completely awful. They're just not fun to me, so I avoid them as much as possible.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All the desert maps own a lot when sandstorms happen

The weather effects in this game are amazing and the heavier ones completely change the dynamic of maps. Like superheavy fog and sandstorms just nullify snipers so the open landscapes turn into these chaotic killing fields where you can only see a few steps ahead of you

More weather please, Dice. Hell, throw in day and night cycles as well :getin:

I want to storm some fortress with my bayonett at night while lightning cracks in the skies above :getin:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
poo poo yea, night Sinai in the sp was dope

e] I wish there was a way to see what Operations games were currently in progress. Unless I'm completely blind and they show up in the server browser?

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 10, 2016

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Duggler posted:

The Italian operation is literally impossible to lose as defense

It's far worse than the desert maps
Mount Grappa actually is a cool designed map, but has two heavily flawed bunkers that make it unplayable. Those are simple fixes that could be done in minutes. Desert maps are hosed up entirely and need major revamps; at least Fao is sort of playable but not very fun unless you get to sit in the mortar dreadnaught the whole game.

The only reason I even play desert Operations is because Grappa is unplayable and I get sick of playing nothing but Conquer Hell and Kaiserschlats over and over so I have to change it up.

More non-DLC Operations maps please dice :argh:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 10, 2016

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

They may be bad maps, but that didn't stop goon squad from steamrolling not only Iron Hills but also Oils of Empire in a single battalion tonight. The salt and sheer confusion in the chat were delicious.

I do agree that something needs to be done about the bunkers in Monte Grappa. They'd be so much better if destroying the turrets created a hole up top for defenders to pour men and grenades into.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Are you guys using Discord for grouping up? I'd like to get into some goon games.

Kyuzo
Aug 14, 2002

Alkydere posted:

They may be bad maps, but that didn't stop goon squad from steamrolling not only Iron Hills but also Oils of Empire in a single battalion tonight. The salt and sheer confusion in the chat were delicious.

I was probably on the other side of both of those. Except for one game, every operations game I've tried today has been a complete stomp and I've been on the receiving end every single time. I'm beginning to think the game is doing it on purpose.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I just realized after all this time, I've never played Empires Edge :smith:

Guess I better suck it up and try some Conquest so I can at least see it once

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Are you guys using Discord for grouping up? I'd like to get into some goon games.

We've been playing on the CTS mumble.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Gonkish posted:

Sinai and Fao, on the other hand, are devoid of cover, and given how easy sniping is in this game it's just a constant snipefest 24/7. Operations only exacerbates this, ESPECIALLY on Sinai, where the first three sectors on offense are actually flat, open plains with next to no cover to prevent you from being shot at by all the snipers that have perfect little perches up in the hills you're facing. The first three sectors are like this. It's horrible, and the exact opposite of fun.
Support bag and smoke nade. A friend and me shut down any and all sniping on Fao yesterday.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I can't believe it's taken me this long to realise you can prop the at-rockets on waist high cover like anything else with a bipod :downs:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Xaris posted:

I just realized after all this time, I've never played Empires Edge :smith:

Guess I better suck it up and try some Conquest so I can at least see it once

It's a shame it's hidden behind the bunkers of Monte Grappa, becuase it's a real good map on Operations. Never seen it to the end though, imagine that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
They should shut down the servers tomorrow imo :colbert:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

shut up blegum posted:

They should shut down the servers tomorrow imo :colbert:

There are morons suggesting EA should force a ceasefire or a moment of silence tomorrow. I ultimately hope someone tries to organize one so I can ruin it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Managed to fly a heavy tank yesterday. Hope one of the goons with me got a screenshot of it.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lazyfire posted:

There are morons suggesting EA should force a ceasefire or a moment of silence tomorrow. I ultimately hope someone tries to organize one so I can ruin it.

Why?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
probably something that happened at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The 11th was the day where the armistice that ended hostilities on the western front was signed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_of_11_November_1918

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
If they set every server to Suez then no one will be fighting that's for sure.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Bohemian Nights posted:

probably something that happened at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month

That's when carnival season starts around where I live, so I forgot that other countries celebrate WW1 on that day.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I think it'd be fantastic.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Perestroika posted:

The 11th was the day where the armistice that ended hostilities on the western front was signed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_of_11_November_1918

Okay I'm up for a moment of silence in two years for the 100th year anniversary. Not tomorrow though, tomorrow I'll be shooting mans.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Though the bunker points can be annoying, overall I like Monte Grappa. They just share the same problem with the last point of Fao - pubbies don't push. One of the problems anyway. I don't think I've ever ended up as a defender on that map.

I've spent a weird amount of time thinking about how to get people to actually push in games like this, and at this point I'd use an item slot on a pair of handcuffs that would allow me to cuff myself to someone and drag them onto the objectives.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

It would be pretty cool if Dice put something nice in the game on the 11th. Maybe cover all the maps with poppies or something, I don't know. Though, some may find that offensive.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

On monte grappa you only need 3 nerds with 10-A's and smoke grenades to break any bunker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

guns for tits posted:

It would be pretty cool if Dice put something nice in the game on the 11th. Maybe cover all the maps with poppies or something, I don't know. Though, some may find that offensive.

I think they should have some soccer minigames available on Christmas, too.