Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Hihohe posted:

Who the gently caress is Hamilton?

He's a mattress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Hihohe posted:

One of them "rappers" the kids go ga-ga for.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Tell him I hate him.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Hihohe posted:

Tell him I hate him.

You'll have to put up with him because Tubman's been changed to replace Jackson instead

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

He worked at All American Burger.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hihohe posted:

A hiphop broadway musical for rich white people that glosses over slavery to make them feel cool and good.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Hihohe posted:

quote:

"In politics, as in religion, it is equally absurd to aim at making proselytes by fire and sword. Heresies in either can rarely be cured by persecution."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

That doesn't even rhyme. What a poo poo rapper he is, lmao.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Paladinus posted:

That doesn't even rhyme. What a poo poo rapper he is, lmao.

quote:

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."

This one is good because it can be taken either way regardless which side won the election.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Hogge Wild posted:

-QV, A Certain Traveler

:stare: That's what he learned from Prester Jane's posts? Accelerationism is the way?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hihohe posted:

The ten dollar founding father without a father?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
All y'alls 'comedy answers' suck and you should all feel bad.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Hihohe posted:

About 2000 pounds.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ, enough weakass comedy answers. It's a recent popular musical about Alexander Hamilton. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_(musical)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
You could not pay me any amount of money to care about a white rap musical about american history

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

You could not pay me any amount of money to care about a white rap musical about american history

Actually, the cast are all people of colour.

Which is why white Americans like it so much, I guess.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Jesus christ, enough weakass comedy answers. It's a recent popular musical about Alexander Hamilton. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_(musical)

basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_rEqCivn4

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Actually, the cast are all people of colour.

Which is why white Americans like it so much, I guess.
yeah they cast black people to play the racist slave owners and they skim all the slavery stuff lol

evolved FYAD guy Lowenaffchen wrote a good piece on it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hamilton is popular and therefore very very bad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

All y'alls 'comedy answers' suck and you should all feel bad.

this is always the case, forever

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"The Book of Mormon was popular and not very very bad. Only what is bad can truly be bad." - Aristotle

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think the real offensive thing is thinking a musical by a Hispanic man with a cast full of minorities about the founding fathers has to be exclusively about slavery, lmao

Why can't it be about John Adam's sexy pool party?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh good shut up about Hamilton christ

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I actually don't really know how you learn this outside of TV and movies and poo poo, lol just lol if your parents are married to each other.

Pick posted:

Approximately 35 years ago, my father went on a week-long trip to Chicago. Three or four times a day, my mother stopped by his apartment wand dropped off a manila envelope full of newspaper clippings. By the time he returned, the stack was over a foot high. Instead of call the police, my father proposed to her. They had known each other two months. They're still happily married :shrug:.

CaptainJuan posted:

Is your mother some sort of weird bird that builds their potential mate a fort out of trash

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I think that just outright ignoring slavery is a theoretically historical work is Bad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I think that just outright ignoring slavery is a theoretically historical work is Bad

It actually isn't outright ignored, it's just not exclusively about slavery.

It's mostly about this sexy pool party John Adams throws.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ww2-themed musical about a plucky band of kids who grew up together on low-pork diets

seems to be... missing something...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hamilton lounges in the pool on an inflatable 20 dollar bill and says "how about this for some economic inflation"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

ww2-themed musical about a plucky band of kids who grew up together on low-pork diets

A WWI punk rock musical with an all east-asian cast taking place exclusively during the Christmas truce with no conflicts

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Get this: Anne Frank... Throws a party. A pool party.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Coming in 2017 - Roots: The Musical! Featuring the break-out hits "Chains Ain't Right" and "Your Name is Toby!"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I honestly think The Crucible should get a musical adaptation based entirely how rocking the song "More Weight" would be.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah they cast black people to play the racist slave owners and they skim all the slavery stuff lol

evolved FYAD guy Lowenaffchen wrote a good piece on it

this author is incapable of telling the difference between irony and sincerity, which is neat

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

this author is incapable of telling the difference between irony and sincerity, which is neat

buzzfeed hamilton slack

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

buzzfeed hamilton slack

mods please

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

I'm sincere in my irony.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Snooze Cruise posted:

I honestly think The Crucible should get a musical adaptation based entirely how rocking the song "More Weight" would be.

heheh

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

theflyingorc posted:

Yes, the (supposedly) former FYAD poster doesn't understand irony. Interesting. Very interesting.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lowenchaffen, is good

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I, too, have seen The Sound of Music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dicky mouse posted:

FAU, is there any chance you could have an alt to be wacky on? or can you please just pick a posting tone.

I rather like the whole normal reasonable tone you put on, and it would be really cool if you stuck to that.

Also it would be great if the mod "team" just denounced this whole affair as the blatant favoritism that is was and probate the offending mod for like a month to show forums solidary.

Also, no joke I will give lowtax 800 dollars if you come mow my yard.