Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Any word on how we're accessing HA's this gen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Pokemon have a chance to call in a buddy, those can have ha's.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Also poo poo I just actually read Wimpod's ability. How do you catch that fucker without Sleep? Throw and hope for the best?
Abra has been a part of this series for 20 years.

Deified Data posted:

Any word on how we're accessing HA's this gen?

Dr. Fetus posted:

The method to get Hidden Abilities has been discovered. When a Pokemon calls for help, any reinforcements have an increasing chance to have their HA as more get summoned. Pokemon have a higher chance of calling for help when their HP is lower. Only 2 Pokemon can be in a battle at a time.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cover legendary spoilers Since Cosmog apparently becomes your cover legendary, is there any way to keep Cosmog?

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 11, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CuddlyZombie posted:

Cover legendary spoilers Since Cosmog apparently becomes your cover legendary, is there any way to keep Cosmog?

You apparently get a second one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8rfVZ-uc9M

God there's so many awesome frames in the new anime. The subtle after-images on Pikachu's quickattack are so cool.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Supremezero posted:

You apparently get a second one.

Oh! I wonder if there is a way to both have a Cosmog and the middle evolution, then? Maybe since it only evolves into the cover legendary as part of the plot, Cosmog is breedable?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cosmog kramerg. that one's free

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Simple. Buy Sun and Moon

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So how soon can you catch an ultra beast? Is it only a post game feature or could I have one on my team right away?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CuddlyZombie posted:

Oh! I wonder if there is a way to both have a Cosmog and the middle evolution, then? Maybe since it only evolves into the cover legendary as part of the plot, Cosmog is breedable?
I didn't even think of that, that means you have to play through twice for a full living pokedex, right?

Or buy both versions which gets you 4 which is 1+1+2 and that's enough.

e:vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
the phrase is "style" - search this thread for like "girlish style" and you'll find the list of the types if not where you get them maybe?

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 11, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hear you can customise how you throw your pokeballs and such, but I've no idea how it's done. I could have missed it though, I guess.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So how soon can you catch an ultra beast? Is it only a post game feature or could I have one on my team right away?

That's part of the post game story, but You get special pokeballs to catch them and have to catch them for the story to continue.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I hear you can customise how you throw your pokeballs and such, but I've no idea how it's done. I could have missed it though, I guess.

On island 3 there's a guy that will let you change styles. Most require doing something to unlock though.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 11, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DACK FAYDEN posted:

e:vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

how is he supposed to know you responded when you edit in your answer above his question

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Righto, just not quite there yet then.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

On the third island, go north from the city (ignoring what the Plot wants you to do by that point), and you'll find a waste treatment plant. At the parking lot of the plant there is a tanned old man wearing a red shirt. Talk to him and agree to become his apprentice. He'll teach you the elegant style and the left-handed style. Talk to him again and he'll let you switch styles back and forth. He has a list of other styles you can get, but each require some sort of vague unlock conditions. He'll tell you what they are but they usually amount to "Hang out with cool people!" or "Spend time around women!" I sort of assume this means you need to battle a certain amount of trainers that use that style themselves, but can't really confirm yet.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
It's probably false, but I heard a rumor that you can change your Pokemon's ball after capture. Is there any truth to that?

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8rfVZ-uc9M

God there's so many awesome frames in the new anime. The subtle after-images on Pikachu's quickattack are so cool.

The animation looks so good now. I loved the show right through to the end of XY but this is a huge leap forward. Where the show used to be rigid and awkward as hell, movement now looks so much more expressive, smooth and high energy.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

BearDrivingTruck posted:

It's probably false, but I heard a rumor that you can change your Pokemon's ball after capture. Is there any truth to that?

I really wish so, but not that I've found so far.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Can you get the Expert Battler ribbon on your Pokemon in SuMo?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

I really wish so, but not that I've found so far.

Rats. Speaking of which, what's the availability of the various pokeballs? The Bank and Global Link have enabled me to have my party in Gen 6 games to all have different pokeballs, and the small OCD part of me doesn't want to have repeat balls (har har).

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Rats. Speaking of which, what's the availability of the various pokeballs? The Bank and Global Link have enabled me to have my party in Gen 6 games to all have different pokeballs, and the small OCD part of me doesn't want to have repeat balls (har har).

After most trials you're given a pack of 10 of a new ball relevant to that trial. You can always buy pokeballs, great balls, etc, and buying 10 at a time gets you a premier ball again. Other ball types can be found at specific pokecenters as far as I can tell, and you can get a ball shop to move in to your festival plaza that can sell various types of balls. My only complaint in this regard is that certain balls seem (at the point I'm at) to be in very short supply. Whenever you get an apricorn ball, you're given a single one of them, for example.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

less laughter posted:

how is he supposed to know you responded when you edit in your answer above his question
He's got eyes! But fair enough :shobon:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

FauxLeather posted:

The animation looks so good now. I loved the show right through to the end of XY but this is a huge leap forward. Where the show used to be rigid and awkward as hell, movement now looks so much more expressive, smooth and high energy.

Among the many things I love in that preview, there's Lillie having a smear frame, and during that she touches Mallow's arm so for a second she has huge popped eyes. I didn't catch on to it the first time, all I could see was Lillie moving fast and something surprising happening real quick that made my eyes stay at Mallow's side of the screen. This is gonna be the prettiest long-run anime. :allears:

To the people playing it: how's the game difficulty? are S.O.S. Battles interesting enough? or do the final trials feel "less" than a gym with 3 pokemon like the last two gens?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

New Generations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3k371pib40
His name is Buck and he's here to stop Heatran!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
use Earth Power you doofus

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

use Earth Power you doofus

claydol has levitate

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

oddium posted:

claydol has levitate

He means the claydol uses it on Heatran.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Heatran learns bug bite

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

claydol has levitate

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

He's got eyes! But fair enough :shobon:

you have to scroll up to see the post if you hit the last unread post button, so even with eyes he won't see it

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Croagunk is very good

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The neck karate chop :allears:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The neck karate chop :allears:

Croagunk taught him that

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
Wait, so has CoroCoro leaked? Where are the scans?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Since Burn Up turns Typhlosion and Arcanine typeless, it stands to reason it will turn Moltres typeless/Flying, i.e. pure Flying, right?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, for those who've already got the game, how soon after choosing your starter can you check the nature? I read something on the Smogon forum saying it's a pain this time around, but is it worse than X/Y?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pentaro posted:

New Generations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3k371pib40
His name is Buck and he's here to stop Heatran!

"Heatran, use Psychic to lift those smaller rocks instead of lifting the Magma Stone!"

Also, I love how Charon is voiced by the guy who played Eric in Zero Time Dilemma.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

less laughter posted:

Since Burn Up turns Typhlosion and Arcanine typeless, it stands to reason it will turn Moltres typeless/Flying, i.e. pure Flying, right?

Moltres just dies is my guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know if I just have a Salandit with the worst Def stat of all time, but it's level 32 and its defence is even lower than that.