Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Is that a store or a prepper den?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
the only prepper den anyone should need is pet smart

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Pet Smart is a survivalist's paradise. Cheap meat packed with preservatives and in easy to open cans, fish tanks with economical filters to provide clean water, dog collars and leashes can be used in lieu of rope when enforcing the laws of your post-apocalyptic bartertown through indiscriminate lynchings, electric shears in the pet grooming room to shave off all your hair to cut down on lice, large bird cages can be covered in corrugated steel sheets to expand your survival bunker, picture books of dogs and cats frolicking in idyllic grassy places to remind you of what life was like before the missiles rained down from the sky.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
Don't forget about cheap antibiotics, no prescription needed.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Biscuit Joiner posted:

Don't forget about cheap antibiotics, no prescription needed.

And other medications that work just fine on humans if you know what to look for.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
"...what the hell am I supposed to be looking a- oh." :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does it still open though?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Wait, is that a door back there? Is that what I'm seeing?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

an emergency exit even

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Which Huggies box do you pull on to open the secret emergency exit?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Wait, is that a door back there? Is that what I'm seeing?

It's just a sign

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I was wondering how long it would take you guys to see it.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

:chanpop:

Well godddamn, count me in the heap that missed that. I was chuckleing at what looked like every retail warehouse/stockroom I've worked in.

Let's hope the door is just to the left and that's just an obstructed sign issue.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The shelving in the middle there looks like it might swing back like some kind of hosed up secret bookcase door.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Doesnt look like it'll open either direction. You have to pick your produce in the right order then the whole thing will slide backwards revealing the secret passage

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
The sign has an arrow on it, it's not a door

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I have a door that does this, but the closer thing spins, so I just spin it back around. Which in itself is a lovely design of a latch.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The condensate line from our AC had been leaking for quite some time (it looks like for years... well before we bought the house). We discovered it when water was dripping out of our electrical panel over the summer.

Well, today we ripped down the drywall on that wall... we're preparing to have the panel replaced, and wanted to see what kind of damage the water had caused. The first thing we noticed is all the insulation appeared to be dated 03-09-2015... so someone had apparently torn this wall down shortly before we bought the house. They didn't actually fix the leak though, just replaced all the insulation and drywall. The "new" insulation already had a bunch of mold growing on the bottom.

I found some terrifying things looking at the wiring that was hiding in the wall.

This is the feed to my AC compressor:

Note the nail through the wire, on top of all the rust. I have no idea how my house hasn't burned down yet (breaker's off now until that's all replaced)

Apparently, wire clamps are expensive, and you should definitely double up wires.

The home inspector claimed this panel was "ok" and that the rust was probably just from condensation. The neutral bar is completely corroded, none of the screws actually turn...

devicenull fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 12, 2016

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Doesnt look like it'll open either direction. You have to pick your produce in the right order then the whole thing will slide backwards revealing the secret passage

He chose... poorly.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But in the latin alphabet Huggies begins with an i...

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 13, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wherever that is doesn't get snow in the winter, I take it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It'd be a pity. That'd be a nice snowy slope

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

flosofl posted:

Wherever that is doesn't get snow in the winter, I take it?

Or rain in the winter, hopefully

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Synthbuttrange posted:

How is this up to code?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

How is this up to code?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshsh

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm thinking that even a Smartcar might bottom out on that sharp transition.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe there is a winch in each garage....attached to a concrete block?

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Facebook Aunt posted:

How is this up to code?

Maybe it's a boat ramp and the lake is still filling?

toplitzin posted:

Maybe there is a winch in each garage....attached to a concrete block?

400 pounds of concrete winched to thousands of pounds of car is going to pull the concrete to the car, not the other way around.

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 13, 2016

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Those garage doors are false. The driveway is hinged at the top and swings up to reveal the real garage underneath.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

kid sinister posted:

Maybe it's a boat ramp and the lake is still filling?

400 pounds of concrete winched to thousands of pounds of car is going to pull the concrete to the car, not the other way around.

But what is the block anchored to?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

toplitzin posted:

But what is the block anchored to?

The driveway. It has such a weird curve because you're driving up and over the 400 pounds of concrete.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Hey, really quick about animal antibiotics, in the US you wont be able to get them without prescription from a vet pretty soon, in order to try and cut down on antibiotic resistant infections in livestock. They've been used as a cure-all for decades, and it's really starting to have pretty crappy consequences.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

It'd be a pity. That'd be a nice snowy slope

Perfect for their kids' sledding, right into the busy avenue.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Perfect for their kids' sledding, right into the busy avenue.

I have sledded into the street many times from a regular driveway. I expect this would shoot you entirely across the street and possibly straight up the neighbor's equally ridiculous driveway, or into a retaining wall at high speed (I was going to say a tree, but that sort of neighborhood doesn't really have trees).

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

possibly straight up the neighbor's equally ridiculous driveway
gently caress yeah, halfpipe

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

gently caress yeah, halfpipe

Ya I'm trying to see the downside of this arrangement and I can't.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Looks like he's prepared for the horrors of global warming. When the seas rise, this guy will have a convenient boat launch when his streets turn into Venetian canals.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm the vinyl siding.

Alternate: I'm the brick veneer.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I'm the vinyl siding.

Alternate: I'm the brick veneer.

And I'm the retaining wall.

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed. Like, that can't be an easy pour on that steep of a grade.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Bad Munki posted:

And I'm the retaining wall.

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed. Like, that can't be an easy pour on that steep of a grade.

Nah, you just park the truck up top and pour it from there. It hardens by the time it reaches the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For some reason I've always thought of them as being poured offsite, then installed. I know that isn't true now that I've given it six seconds of thought, but it's just something that never occurred to me before.

How to steep pours work, actually?