Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Whoa, I just realized one of Steven's grandmas is literally the planet Earth.

Also hi, you are all my friends now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

LemonLimeTime posted:

Pretty sure Rose shattering Pink Diamond was the first thing that sparked the rebellion, so Bismuth being bubbled was much later.

Nah, Rose shattered Pink Diamond late into the rebellion, they had time to plant Jasper in response to the war going badly and have her emerge before Pink Diamond was shattered.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Literally Kermit posted:

Whoa, I just realized one of Steven's grandmas is literally the planet Earth.

Also hi, you are all my friends now

Being a little presumptuous aren't we?

Also, Rose wasn't made on Earth, she and Pearl have talked about their time before coming to the earth colony before.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One of Steven's grandmothers is a cliff face on an alien planet.

This is grampa.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Say Nothing posted:

This is grampa.

I loved him in Jimmy Neutron.

I wonder if it's coincidence that the Kindergarten drills look like bacteriophage.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I wonder if it's coincidence that the Kindergarten drills look like bacteriophage.

nah its not, the joke is homeworld gems are a fuckin' disease.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Who What Now posted:

Being a little presumptuous aren't we?

Okay fine I gave you an extra half hour to think it over, now can we be friends

Also taking note of Steve's alien planet grandma.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

twistedmentat posted:

So this is a thing
http://imgur.com/a/hgHd1

Steven as BB-8 is pretty hilarious.

IDGI.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Say Nothing posted:

This is grampa.

"The Crystal Empire doesn't even know what a phallus is, they just know that things that inject are supposed to look like it."

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think the pilot is Sadie's mom Barb

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Which bit.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Junpei Hyde posted:

So this has probably been mentionned/read into far too much before, but...

The diamond logo on the floor of the moon base is laid out differently than is typically depicted. Pink is supposed to be on the bottom and white on the top, right?

Huh, yeah. Blue and yellow are supposed to be level, with pink on the bottom. I'm inclined to think animation error versus anything symbolic, though. You can even see that the room's pink in the direction that the pink diamond is supposed to be facing.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

RandomPauI posted:

I think the pilot is a descendant of greg's Great Aunt and Uncle, who had owned the barn previously

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I think the pilot is a descendant of greg's Great Aunt and Uncle, who had owned the barn previously

Guys it's obvious, Steven and Lapis are going to time travel and hang out with Greg's Great-Aunt and Uncle.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

RandomPauI posted:

That was my first impression, but the photo of Greg's aunt made me think otherwise.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

x

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why gem harvest would feature time travel.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

http://tree-bees.tumblr.com/post/148070683417/but-its-hard-not-to-have-some-feelings-for

http://lynxgriffin.tumblr.com/post/148081436078/shes-a-cute-bug-and-shes-doing-the-best-she-can

http://amikoko.tumblr.com/post/148094020623

http://goodmissmonarch.tumblr.com/post/148071810610/i-dont-care-if-someone-has-already-made-this

http://theconchnorris.tumblr.com/post/147898886668/i-guess-shes-at-a-loss-for-words

RandomPauI posted:

I don't get why gem harvest would feature time travel.

So they can resolve the Hitler issue without another "Steven's Knife" episode. Purely political, it's shameful!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Thank you for taking the time to post some pictures of the best gem.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

beautiful

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
So, the leaks have surfaced, but it seems we sorta lucked out in that they don't really show anything that wasn't revealed in the promos

I mean just check out this astounding development:

Oh no, I forgot the spoiler tags, everything is ruined

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Flying-PCP posted:

So, the leaks have surfaced, but it seems we sorta lucked out in that they don't really show anything that wasn't revealed in the promos

That's just a rod, you clod

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I should recognize that is. I don't think it's an airplane engine. It sort of looks like an inline engine but only marginally. It's definitely not a radial or rotary engine. Maybe it's half of a lathe?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Good to get a look behind the scenes at Sardonyx Tonight.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Flying-PCP posted:

there's one thing that's technically in the promos (and that the thread itself has noticed), that gets a bit more up front and center

Edit: also the episode's confirmed to have 4 boarders like Bismuth (Raven, Paul, Florido, and Zuke)

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 14, 2016

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Aunt Universe?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Whiz Palace posted:

Aunt Universe?

Plausible. That definitely looks like the face of an absentee landlady who just found out about the tenants' unauthorized renovations.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
It just dawned on me that I really only require one thing from this episode - that it closes on Steven telling the new character "Thank you for loving Pupkin"

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Rebecca is drawing live and answering questions on CN's facebook right now.
https://www.facebook.com/CartoonNet...479163792960935

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

If she wasn't a busy cartoon creator RS would be like, the chillest art teacher since Bob Ross.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
One more day! Prediction: episode will be awesome. Since this is another half hour special, I figure we'll get a lot of poor, but it wouldn't surprise me if after that we settle back in to slice-of-life for a couple weeks.

I for one am happy to check back in on the townies back in Beach City. We haven't had an episode with Buck or Mayor Dewey since season 2, have we? It would be cool to see them again.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Eela6 posted:

One more day! Prediction: episode will be awesome. Since this is another half hour special, I figure we'll get a lot of poor, but it wouldn't surprise me if after that we settle back in to slice-of-life for a couple weeks.

I for one am happy to check back in on the townies back in Beach City. We haven't had an episode with Buck or Mayor Dewey since season 2, have we? It would be cool to see them again.

Wait, this is an end to the hiatus? Not just a one-off?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Inglonias posted:

Wait, this is an end to the hiatus? Not just a one-off?

yes and no: no new episode next week, then a new episode the week after that, then the usual winter hiatus that all CN shows have

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Well, that's a little disappointing. I thought it was back to weekly episodes.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
23 hour blocks of Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer for the entire month of December

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MrSlam posted:

23 hour blocks of Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer for the entire month of December

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS00z3YprYQ

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Eela6 posted:

The last new episode was a townie episode, focusing on the little kids. (Onion Gang)

No more townie episodes for a bit. More fusions and Diamonds and Gem War and gay space rock relationships stuff now please.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'd accept another townie episode if it's Sadie telling Lars to gently caress off after realising she can do better.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sourcream/Sadie is the new ship. Get in board!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I ship Sadie/Sadie from the future after aging 30 years and starting a course of human growth hormone therapy and getting a pilot's license.