Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Oh. I apologise to Anita Dickinme. I got distracted by the green quote box and missed Thronde's post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]
Alright folks, I'm getting back on the wagon. After a 1 year hiatus, it's looking like good times. Might even get brave enough to join the WOL this time.

Are the Gaussapult or Boomcat OK builds anymore? I know the Boomcat was never an "OK" build, but I just have a CPLT-K2 and HBK-4G in my inventory, and boy oh boy do I love AC20s.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

I still don't understand the Faction Play interface.

Eight people in the queue, but three one-man groups also.. and nobody in play. What?

Lord Dudeguy posted:

Alright folks, I'm getting back on the wagon. After a 1 year hiatus, it's looking like good times. Might even get brave enough to join the WOL this time.

Are the Gaussapult or Boomcat OK builds anymore? I know the Boomcat was never an "OK" build, but I just have a CPLT-K2 and HBK-4G in my inventory, and boy oh boy do I love AC20s.

They're not good builds, but you can make them work, especially if you're at a lower tier. Probably the biggest issue is that the Jagermech and the Warhammer-6R are much better at carrying two big guns.

Goons sometimes have dedicated all-Dual AC/20 nights. Most people bring Warhammers or King Crabs, but you should be welcome to bring your K2 and save ten tons from the group tonnage.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 13, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

I still don't understand the Faction Play interface.

Each of those red pips is a full group. There are 8 full groups in queue waiting with 3 solo players queued up. There are zero defense (bottom row, blue pips) groups queued up, so nobody is getting a match until one queues up or you hit the 10 minute ghost drop timer.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Great Beer posted:

Each of those red pips is a full group. There are 8 full groups in queue waiting with 3 solo players queued up. There are zero defense (bottom row, blue pips) groups queued up, so nobody is getting a match until one queues up or you hit the 10 minute ghost drop timer.

Thank you. The solo players in the histogram, are they only from my side (attackers or defenders), or both?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Just your side.

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

Anita Dickinme posted:

The best way to get an invite is to simply post your in-game name in this here thread and which unit you'd like to join.

Would someone be so kind as to send me an invite to GIRL? Account name - steppo

Lord Dudeguy fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 13, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
How?

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Repeated overheating will end up looking like that.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

EoRaptor posted:

Repeated overheating will end up looking like that.

It bleeds in the legs?
I thought it was CT only.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It bleeds in the legs?
It hits everywhere. Tuesday's patch will make it no longer damage the head, so you'll be less likely to overheat and immediately die.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It bleeds in the legs?

Also does head sometimes, though not after this upcoming patch.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NihilCredo posted:

Oh. I apologise to Anita Dickinme. I got distracted by the green quote box and missed Thronde's post.

s'all good. :shobon:

Lord Dudeguy posted:

Would someone be so kind as to send me an invite to GIRL? Account name - steppo

I'll be home in a few hours and I'll toss one to you if no one gets to you first.

Ardlen posted:

It hits everywhere. Tuesday's patch will make it no longer damage the head, so you'll be less likely to overheat and immediately die.

I... I thought this was patched in months ago.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Lord Dudeguy posted:

Alright folks, I'm getting back on the wagon. After a 1 year hiatus, it's looking like good times.

Does somebody wanna tell him how wrong he is?

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

Skoll posted:

Does somebody wanna tell him how wrong he is?

It's sinking in. Probably because I just blew a buncha C-Bills on my Boomcat and I'm dumb and I need to start over on a new heavy brawler.

At least my trusty HBK-4G never lets me down. :shobon:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Ash Rose posted:

Also does head sometimes, though not after this upcoming patch.

Always a good time when you hit O, and the first tick blows your head off in an otherwise untouched mech.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Lord Dudeguy posted:

but I just have a CPLT-K2 and HBK-4G in my inventory, and boy oh boy do I love AC20s.

Not anymore you don't, go to https://mwomercs.com/profile/redeem and input NCIXMECH and you will be given a mechbay filled with a CN9-A that has a 30% boost to Cbill earnings.

Unfortunately the CN9-A can't take an AC20 in the arm because of crit slots, but if you decide you hate it you can sell it and buy a good mech, or you can buy a CN9-AH which can take an AC20 in the arm and is buckets of fun despite being mediocre.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Centurion Shotgun mechs are retardedly fun.

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

aniviron posted:

Not anymore you don't, go to https://mwomercs.com/profile/redeem and input NCIXMECH and you will be given a mechbay filled with a CN9-A that has a 30% boost to Cbill earnings.

Hey thanks muchly!

:edit: Should probably swap those LRMs for SRMs, yeah?

Lord Dudeguy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 13, 2016

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
You can't sell the free Cent. But it's still free

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

Centurion Shotgun mechs are retardedly fun.

Especially the D, with 30% ballistic, 10% shotgun and another 12% from the shotgun module.
Its what, 1.2 sec cooldown?
Im packing 80 rounds and manage to run out during a quickplay sometimes.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It bleeds in the legs?

Its also capable of critting and cooking off your ammo. So yeah, try not to overheat.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Especially the D, with 30% ballistic, 10% shotgun and another 12% from the shotgun module.
Its what, 1.2 sec cooldown?
Im packing 80 rounds and manage to run out during a quickplay sometimes.

I've never been able to use it in quickplay simply because I can't carry enough ammo to go as fast as I need to.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind doing an all Centurion gimmick goon drop now since nobody has an excuse to not have a Cent, unlike last time we tried to get one going.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Skoll posted:

I wouldn't mind doing an all Centurion gimmick goon drop now since nobody has an excuse to not have a Cent, unlike last time we tried to get one going.

I'd be down, I have 5 of them.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

veedubfreak posted:

I've never been able to use it in quickplay simply because I can't carry enough ammo to go as fast as I need to.

Its got a 275 engine cap anyways, so a 275 std, an lbx10 with 4 tons of ammo leaves 2 tons free (double heat and endo of course) when you strip the left arm.
Ive been running small pulses, but ill try flamers some day.

With an xl you might be able to run lbx + srtms, but xl-centurions didnt go well with me.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Jesus what is even the point of having multiple drop decks if you can't join a new game until the old one is over? QP doesn't have that limitation.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its got a 275 engine cap anyways, so a 275 std, an lbx10 with 4 tons of ammo leaves 2 tons free (double heat and endo of course) when you strip the left arm.
Ive been running small pulses, but ill try flamers some day.

With an xl you might be able to run lbx + srtms, but xl-centurions didnt go well with me.

I run an XL320 with 2x MPL, LBX, and a MG for spare tonnage and didn't want to buy another XL ~~extra critseeking~~.

I've tried STD engine shotgun centurions too, but with the super short cooldown I find I can't do much torso twisting anyway.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Now you too can 3D print your own atlas.

https://3dprint.com/155212/gambody-atlas-3d-model/

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Who wants to rock some centurions tonight

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
Holy poo poo, I one-on-one'd a Timby Prime in this CN9-A (AC10, 2x SRM4, 2xMLAS).

Thanks again, aniviron!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hey nerds, hop on for Sunday night Mech Ops happening right meow. Beer attendance is mandatory.

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

Anita Dickinme posted:

Hey nerds, hop on for Sunday night Mech Ops happening right meow. Beer attendance is mandatory.

Who do I direct message in-game or over Steam?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
mumble.goonrathi.com

mellon

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for Centurion Ops, goons. poo poo was fun.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

Thanks for Centurion Ops, goons. poo poo was fun.

NEED ASSISTANCE!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lonjon posted:

NEED ASSISTANCE!

NEGATIVE!

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
SORRY!

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Ardlen posted:

This lack of consequence to stoopid decisions saddens me. All my favorite deaths are from suicide by overheat.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

There's still override suicide, it just removes a bit of the randomness from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

NihilCredo posted:

Jesus what is even the point of having multiple drop decks if you can't join a new game until the old one is over? QP doesn't have that limitation.

Basically its for quick-select offense/defense or hot/cold maps.
Its stupid nonetheless.

NihilCredo posted:

I run an XL320 with 2x MPL, LBX, and a MG for spare tonnage and didn't want to buy another XL ~~extra critseeking~~.

I've tried STD engine shotgun centurions too, but with the super short cooldown I find I can't do much torso twisting anyway.

Exactly, thats why im running std on the shotgun hobo - twist your left shoulder towards target, unlock arms and shoot from the hip.
Kinda like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8&t=297s

• Locked thread