Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I love his shock and horror that girls don't pee 'straight down"(???) . It's like when I was a kid and thought a boys penis was basically a hot dog that just stuck out all the time from one of his hip bones. As far as I know, that is the case for most, if not all male genitalia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Cheers for the link. I do remember that now. I remember being staggered at the size of the phone bill and the plans to spunk shedloads of cash on toys as well.

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

Enophos fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 9, 2016

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
imo everyone is broken and you should just not date anyone. At least that's the feeling I get from reading these threads.

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

Enophos fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 9, 2016

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

i've seen like 50 instances of manbaby online might as well join the priesthood

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Regulation Size posted:

Me[16M] with my mom[30F], got caught looking at her JC Penney catalog, how do I repent?

you were so close to accurately portraying the hell of 90's childhood in the south

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Band Audition (31M) Advice to make a good impression?

quote:

I caught a Craigslist Ad a few weeks ago for a hair metal cover band who were searching for a vocalist. The whole thing is like a big costume party, where once a month, they dress up in full 80's gear as their characters and play at one of the larger bar venues in the area.
I have been singing forever, but I usually sing to pop/punk, screamo and my selective choices in hip-hop. A lot of the musical formats and vocals of screamo (minus screaming) are extremely similar to glam rock, so I have no problem hitting the high notes. I even sent them a few videos I recorded of my vocals over their instrumentals, that way if I didn't fit the bill, they could tell me without wasting the trip to meet.
Well, they still approve of me, but now I'm three hours away from having to drive to the live audition and I'm getting cold feet. Part of me wants to just cancel, and sit at home for the night, and not put myself out there at all. But I know that if I make it into the band, this could be a lot of fun and I could gain some new friends with the same musicial hobbies as mine.
What I'm really asking here: Should I bring a case of beer or something, as a gift of comradery? Should I bring weed? Like.. i didn't ask what their social hobbies are, but I imagine if you're playing Motley Crue in your basement, you like to party a little bit.
How can I shake the nerves I am feeling about stepping out of my element into someone else's prebuilt project? How do I know if I am capable of filling the shoes of their previous vocalist? He wasn't a very good singer, but he seemed like he had a lot of frontman personality and I feel like the expectations for me to be a good entertainer are more out of my league than my singing abilities are.
Bleh.
Tl;dr: Applied to sing for a hair metal cover band, today is the audition and I want to make a big impression on the band. Advice?

You nail that audition, anonymous redditor :unsmith:

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he should definitely bring weed

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Stuntman posted:

he should definitely bring weed

Agreed.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

all these threads are by the same person. and are posted in the order they were submitted

quote:

Me [29/F] with my boyfriend [50 M] 1 year, dissapeared on me

Been dating my boyfriend for over a year now, we have had our ups and downs but i am totally in love with this man and feel his "the one". He suffers depression and lately has been pretty stressed with work and other personal issues. I have tried my best to be there for him and support him. He does distance himself a bit when his going through a hard time but never has he vanished without explaination.

A week ago today, he has totally cut contact with me, stopped replying to all my messages and calls and has vanished without warning. Ive sent him about 3 messages telling him how worried i am and where i stand in this relationship but no response. I know for a fact his read my messages as its come up saying my messages have been read. He has also been active on facebook so i know his alive lol. But what i dont understand is why he is giving me the silent treatment and cut me off like that? Before he vanished things were going so well, he told me how much he loved me and we were talking about moving in together, now this?

I dont understand. its been 3 days i havent contacted him and dont plan to as i know he wont reply but in the mean time im dying inside and dont know what to do.

tl;dr: Is this his way of breaking up with me? Will he be back in contact? why did he disappear?

quote:

Me [29F] with my bf [50 M] parents dont approve and he has ghosted me!

Hey all,
So im just looking for some more opinions and advice on my current situation. i recently posted about my bf of a year who ghosted me without warning. its been 2 weeks since he last message me saying he was under a lot of stress at work and was suffering depression. Things were going great between us though and i did my best to support him and try and be there for him. Then suddenly he stopped returning my texts, calls, facebook messages. I know his fine and alive as he has been active on his social media and has ghosted me a couple of times before when his had a lot going on but never this long and never without warning. So ive just about had enough and ive lost all trust in him.

My other issue is my parents dont approve of him mainly because of our huge age gap. They have now come out and told me if i decide to move in with him they will totally disown me and he will never be accepted or allowed in their house. This has hurt me a great deal. But because im still living with them i have to abide by their rules and at this stage im choosing them over him as they have been there for me my entire life and never abandoned me and he seems to think its totally ok to just wake up one morning and cut me out of his life without reason or warning.

Im absolutely torn about what to do in this situation. I dont know if he will ever come back to me or if ill ever hear from him again. As much as i disagree with my parents about their ultimatium, i feel so bad to just turn my back on them for a guy who i dont think is %100 commited to me. Im also looking at moving to another city and starting a brand new life which is something ive always wanted to do and even if he did come back i dont think he'd come with me because his kids are at school here. I actually thought this guy was the one for me, the love of my life and it kills me that i am in a situation like this.

tl;dr: What should i do? what would you do if you were in my shoes? Am i making the right calls here?

quote:

I enjoy seducing older men

I don't know if this makes me weird or fu**ed up but I have this strong fetish for older men, about 42+. I'm a 28 yr old female and have always preferred older men over guys my age. I can't explain it. I guess it's their maturity, life experience, the fact that they know how to treat a lady and they know what they want from life to the fact that i find their mature skin against mine so sexy.

It's sometimes the reason why I get out of bed in the morning to improve myself, get myself in the best shape possible so I can seduce them, get them in bed and make them mine. The problem is as much as I would love a relationship with these guys, most of them are either married or have so much baggage etc kids, bad divorce and emotionally damaged and the fact that my parents and family will never approve of me bringing home a much older gentleman holds me back from getting too attached from them. It kinda hurts really. I've had multiple encounters with older men and it's the best sex and experience I've ever had, 10x better then younger guys. I can't stop this habit and I guess you can't control who your attracted to but in some weird ways it makes me want to improve myself physically so I can seduce and charm the pants of these men and it makes me feel better about myself.

Is this weird? I don't know if I could ever be in a relationship with a younger guy even though culturally it's expected of me to find one, settle down and have kids but to me if I had to do that I feel I would be just doing it to make my family content and adhere to social norms, I don't feel I would ever be truly satisfied. I don't know what to do.

quote:

Me [28F] with my ex [50M] when to give up fighting for relationship?

Hi all! I know some of you know my story and for those that dont ill give you a break down, keeping it short as possible.

Have been in an on and off relationship with now ex for over a year, started off as FWB because he didnt want anything serious, was emotionally scarred from his ex wife and has been blowing hot and cold throughout our relationship. We got serious this year and were "bf & gf" told me he loved me, and we were having talks about moving in together and possibly marriage. We've always had a rocky relationship, mainly due to him pulling away when things get too serious or when his got stresses in his own life. He pulled a dissapearing act on me over a month ago because he fell in to a depression and had so much poo poo going on that he pushed me away, ignored my texts/calls for a couple of weeks while i was worried sick about him. I finally manage to get hold of him and he tells me he doesnt know what he wants anymore, and doesnt want to make any big decisions at the moment. Im not only hurt and shocked because 6 weeks he was only telling me how much he loved me and wanted to be with me so this came out of the blue.

So i decide to give him a bit of space, trying not to be too clingy, but checking up on him atleast once or twice a week, he seems ok but still very distant. So 2 weeks later i then ask him what he wants to do with us because if he doesnt want to be with me anymore id rather him just tell me now so i can start my healing process. He still says he doesnt know and that he thinks its best if we just "move on for now" and take a break from things. Ofcourse this isnt what i wanted to hear so i break down and tell him where to go (i know, stupid move) Fast forward 2 weeks and i dont know if i should continue fighting for this man who i truly consider the love of my life, ive been in NC since that night and he hasnt reached out yet.

Everyday is a struggle not to text him, the thought of not having him in my life even as a friend is like a death sentence for me. Not being able to ever touch him, kiss him, hold him or even gaze at his eyes is truly painful and i cant deal with it. I dont want anyone else but him. Ive never loved another soul like i love his. When were good, were unstoppable together but when we have our disagreements or he gets in his depressive mood then were bad and he has this bad habit of cutting me off without warning and just being plain distant. He usually comes crawling back after a couple of weeks of nc and were good again, however this time he hasnt and im worried he wont unless i reach out.

tl;dr: Is this relationship worth fighting for? How long do i stay in NC? Or should i reach out to him again and try to come to an agreement?? Please help i have been so stressed about this that its starting to make me sick. I cant live without him

quote:

Me [28F] with my mum [55F] wont let me date older men

Hey all,
So i have an on going problem at the moment. Im a 28 f who likes to date much older men like 45+....Firstly let me just say i do not have any daddy issues, even though my parents are divorced i get on great with my dad and dont look at older men as my "dad". Im also not some gold digger who only goes for older men for money or gifts. Infact the ones i have been seeing dont have fancy jobs or a lot of money and i do not care one bit. My attraction to older men is because i just absolutely love their matureness from their bodies, to their skin, to their minds. Along with most being settled in their lives and know what they want and how to treat a lady they become the perfect package for me. I have also had the best sex with them. I have dated guys my age and they dont do anything for me at all...Even the good looking ones with six packs an all do not turn me on. I still view them as "boys". Not to mention i cant stand their immaturity, and just how boring most of them are and the sex was never that good, i came to the realization that they are just not for me.
So whats my problem? My mum. She thinks its disgusting and that they are too old for me and i am throwing my life away. I come from a strict cultural background so something like this is quite taboo. She has threatened to kick me out the house and disown me if i get in to a relationship with a man of that age. I am currently living at home as im studying after a career change and the fact that i got laid off from my job since the company has shut down so i cannot afford to move out. Whats worse is i really do have a great and close relationship with my mum, shes done so much for me in my life and has always been there for me when i needed her the most and then to hear her say this is absolutely devastating.

I have tried to change and tried to date and get to know guys my age several times but theres never anything there, i dont feel anything for them despite how good looking they are or well off they are. They just dont appeal to me. I am currently seeing a 50 year old and im starting to fall for him, we have so much in common, he makes me laugh like theres no tomorrow, he makes me unbelievably happy and is everything i could ever want in a person. My mum doesnt know about him yet and i know if i told her she'll snap at me and all hell will break loose. I really dont know what to do, its like i am caught in the middle. I dont want to lose neither of them but i feel its unfair of my mum to give me ultimatiums at my age and threaten to disown me if i bring an older guy home. He knows my mum doesnt approve an is old fashioned about things like this, but he doesnt care. He still wants to be with me and make things work between us. Please help! i dont know what to do! this is causing me so much stress and anxiety that im starting to become really sick :(

tl;dr: Attracted to older men but mum doesnt approve and threatens to kick me out of home if i get in to a relationship with an older man

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Tears In A Vial posted:

all these threads are by the same person. and are posted in the order they were submitted

it puts the gold bond on its skin

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Tears In A Vial posted:

I [19M] have troube with my mom [48F] over my art, which is very important to me

Hey guys,

I have had some trouble with my mother lately because she said she is embarrassed and ashamed by my drawings and my novel and short stories. It's pretty harsh to hear that since those are some things that are very close to me and I almost never get to express them in front of my friends because they are mostly disinterested in what I have to write about or what I draw.

What I mostly do is write original stories with characters out of popular culture, like video games or anime, which usually have an erotic undertone. It's the same with my drawings. I tried to explain this to my mom, who is actually a graphic designer and should be at least kind of knowledgeable of art, that my art style is a synthesis of Kathy Ackers creative borrowing and Brechts enstrangement effect. The cultural implications of sexuality and of peoples roles in society get reflected best when characters of popular culture origin engage in activities that aren't usually associated with their characters, sexuality being one big topic that is left out by mainstream media.

My mom tells me that what I write and draw and the way I explained it to her is "bullshit" and that I should focus on going to college to get a biology or chemistry degree because I like those topics. I personally feel more inclined to become an artist. I know that breaking boundaries with creative endeavors is hard but I want to persue it with my personal style!

How do you think I can convince my mom that I am not wasting my time?

tl;dr: My mom dislikes my art and wants to push me into a direction that is not as close to my heart - how do I convince her otherwise?

Lol. She's a hack artist and is mad her mom is calling her on it. Very nice find.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

quote:

Firstly let me just say i do not have any daddy issues
Girl, yes you do

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

I would be waaay more weirded out if she didn't

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not sure I really understand daddy issues in the first place.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
[22 M] Was I being creepy towards this girl? [22 F]

quote:

We both went to the same high school. We became facebook friends. Chatted on and off. She disappeared from Facebook a few times due to anxiety or something. She was basically elusive.

Then she adds me on Instagram one day randomly. I follow her, we start talking again. I tell her to come to my art show. I tell her we should collab sometime. We were just talking, I felt good vibes.

Then this is where I think I messed up. I started liking and commenting on her pics. I commented on her drawings saying they were good. She doesn't have many followers. But I said she was a total goddess. Said her smile lit up my world. Just stupid poo poo, sort of like I was joking or being sarcastic.

Honestly, if a girl said this stuff to me I would love it. So I just wanted to make her happy? I guess I was being flirty, fun. I didn't feel creepy, I just felt like having fun.

Maybe I should have been more chill and just leave her alone or something. I hate playing games, so I just went straight to it. Then today I find out she blocked me. One day of talking and she blocks me on instagram. It really stings.

I just think, I was going too fast? I should have been more relaxed and chill, and just left her alone. But I wanted to be direct and to the point? I don't know. I mean, whats wrong with compliments? I love compliments. Maybe it creeped her out or something. I just feel stupid.

Treat others how you want to be treated. I would love to be treated with compliments.

tl;dr: Girl blocks me on instagram, wondering if I was being creepy with compliments.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I only skimmed it but she kept mentioning 'their mature skin' and I'm so creeped out I want to shower.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Psycho Society posted:

Any major bullshit you had going on between you and your parents and them to each other will translate to your adult relationship and are casually called "mommy/daddy issues". To dumb it down significantly- your ego needs to correct these problems, but it can't, so it goes after the familiar disappointments in your early life because it's comfy and normal for you. You recreate your childhood over and over again. You will see nothing wrong with this, and assume that's just your type.

The most common and obvious ones are women who go after much older men because daddy didn't love them, and guys who have overbearing bitchy mothers going after crazy toxic women.

Everyone has this in some form but not extreme enough to be an issue.
If someone is putting up with a horrible partner you can rest assured it's mirroring their parent(s).

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Psycho Society posted:

Mommy/Daddy issues almost always stem from "wasn't hugged enough" and/or "hugged too much"

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Then this is where I think I messed up. I started liking and commenting on her pics. I commented on her drawings saying they were good. She doesn't have many followers. But I said she was a total goddess. Said her smile lit up my world. Just stupid poo poo, sort of like I was joking or being sarcastic.
Suuuuuuure, and 29 year old dating a 50 year old doesn't have daddy issues

value-brand cereal posted:

I only skimmed it but she kept mentioning 'their mature skin' and I'm so creeped out I want to shower.

His loose skin and old balls:stonk:

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

54 40 or gently caress posted:

His loose skin and old balls:stonk:

Daddy issues stemming from hugged too much with old balls. Daddy played too much Counterstrike.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Scudworth posted:

Any major bullshit you had going on between you and your parents and them to each other will translate to your adult relationship and are casually called "mommy/daddy issues". To dumb it down significantly- your ego needs to correct these problems, but it can't, so it goes after the familiar disappointments in your early life because it's comfy and normal for you. You recreate your childhood over and over again. You will see nothing wrong with this, and assume that's just your type.

The most common and obvious ones are women who go after much older men because daddy didn't love them, and guys who have overbearing bitchy mothers going after crazy toxic women.

Everyone has this in some form but not extreme enough to be an issue.
If someone is putting up with a horrible partner you can rest assured it's mirroring their parent(s).

This makes so much sense.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
"Daddy issues" would read much less like Freudian garbage to me if I had not seen it applied variously to women who have a lot of sex with men, and to women who do not want to have sex with men, and to women who are exceedingly clingy in relationships with men, and to women who have no interest in relationships with men, and to women generally who are hosed in the head in pretty much any conceivable way

But then again I didn't have a father and now here I am posting on the SomethingAwful forums, so

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah I'm not sure about these appeals to freudian psychology. It makes sense that a girl with no father role in her life would want to seek someone like that out, but the sexual aspect of it is somewhat confusing to me as a guy.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
sexual abuse will gently caress a woman up, it's either a daddy issue or a bad uncle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffrgR1o4xM

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

The ones that really baffle me are the girls who act infantile. Wanting to gently caress older men, whatever, but why do you need to use a pacifier and talk like a child? I thought the whole thing was sort of a joke after seeing the "cummies" copy pastes in chats, but someone showed me a friend of friends' blog that her and her boyfriend were proud to show off to everyone. Imagine this but very explicit.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Psycho Society posted:

Yeah I'm not sure about these appeals to freudian psychology. It makes sense that a girl with no father role in her life would want to seek someone like that out, but the sexual aspect of it is somewhat confusing to me as a guy.

The sexual aspect isn't some wako Freudian "everybody wants to gently caress their mom or dad!" garbage. You seek what you have become used to and expect in relationships, the groundwork set by your family dynamic. And you're an adult so your relationships naturally involve sex. This doesn't mean you want to gently caress your dad.

Shame Wagon
Nov 12, 2016

Tjadeth posted:

"Daddy issues" would read much less like Freudian garbage to me if I had not seen it applied variously to women who have a lot of sex with men, and to women who do not want to have sex with men, and to women who are exceedingly clingy in relationships with men, and to women who have no interest in relationships with men, and to women generally who are hosed in the head in pretty much any conceivable way

But then again I didn't have a father and now here I am posting on the SomethingAwful forums, so

Yeah I've always disliked the daddy issues explanation and I am inclined to reject anything Freudian sounding on principle, although I admit it is a tempting explanation for women who pursue men roughly the same age as their father. The answer probably lies somewhere in evolutionary psychology, although I can't be bothered forming a full thesis, and evo-psych explanations for gender are risky.

But if you look across almost all cultures men have a preference for younger women and women have a preference for older men. It makes sense from the perspective of women having a younger period of optimal fertility and selecting proven successful partners who have survived past the peak age of men getting themselves killed through stupidity. The cases of women who date well above their age is an example of what is true for all human behaviour: that there are people who sit at the extremes of the normal distribution.

Shame Wagon fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 14, 2016

Shame Wagon
Nov 12, 2016

btw, using attachment theory to attribute behaviour in romantic relationships to learned experiences with parents is even more controversial than evolutionary psych, for the same reasons, in that it has merit but pop psychologists and laymen constantly overestimate its explanatory worth. So nobody jump down my throat about biotruths because there is actually a more legitimate side of evo-psych in academia.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Older men also know on average more jiu jitsu moves, which is the most likely explanation.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Her mom's "cultural" issues with her dating older men is that she's dating dudes who aren't powerful or successful in some way, money, status, etc. Stop disappointing your mother by shacking up with 50 YO dudes in trailers with lovely jobs, young lady. Find a doctor, lawyer, accountant, even middle manager. Christ, child.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Her mom's "cultural" issues with her dating older men is that she's dating dudes who aren't powerful or successful in some way, money, status, etc. Stop disappointing your mother by shacking up with 50 YO dudes in trailers with lovely jobs, young lady. Find a doctor, lawyer, accountant, even middle manager. Christ, child.

The best part is that she keeps preaching about her love of his "maturity" while complaining about him ghosting her like a loving child.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
That decrepit skin fetish :whitewater:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Don't let her buy a tortoise

Shame Wagon
Nov 12, 2016

Old man skin is gross because they grew up before it was acceptable for men to moisturize. Always be moisturizing.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
My [25F] boyfriend [23M] son [4M] walked in on us having sex. He called 911 because he thought I was hurting his dad

quote:

Hi /r/relationships
Several hours ago we put my boyfriends child to bed. He is a single father. I met him at my gym, he is one of the body builder guys there and he was helping me out. My boyfriend put his son to bed and I wanted to have sex. As far as we knew he was asleep, my boyfriend heard him talking outside our room.
We got up and he was on the phone to someone. My boyfriend took the phone away from him and it was a 911 operator. My boyfriend tried to explain what was going on. They still sent a cop out to make sure his son was safe and everything. My boyfriend spoke to his son and he walked in on us having sex. We were not doing anything weird. He thought I was jumping up and down on him and hurting him, so he was called the police.
How do we talk to him about this in the morning?
tl;dr: Boyfriends son walked in on us having sex, how do we talk to him about this in the morning?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Ride The Gravitron posted:

OP on reddit posted:

I don't understand though. Because I would LOVE it if some girl liked and complimented on all my photos. So I thought she would like it if I did that to her. You know, treat others how you want to be treated?

OP on reddit posted:

Okay fine. I just won't compliment or comment on women's pictures again. Because every single time I do that. Or if I say they are pretty, it just leads to stupid drama and trouble. I hate it. I hate women.

OP's new thread posted:

Do you think it would be a bad idea for a straight man to download Grindr for friends?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
The thing I don't care for with reddit, and to a lesser extent, SA is the ability to easily stalk a person's post history.

However, this thread proves it is at times it is actually a blessing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anony Mouse posted:

My [25F] boyfriend [23M] son [4M] walked in on us having sex. He called 911 because he thought I was hurting his dad

"We were not doing anything weird" sure lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My [19F] father who is not a doctor, attempted to close a cut above my [12M] brothers eye. He failed, and my mother who is a surgeon is divorcing him. My sisters feel guilty for sounding the alarm bells to mom.

Jumping in late, but I am surprised no one else came to the conclusion that the dad hit the kid, refused Togo to the hospital, tried to cover it up, and when the mom took the kid alone to the hospital, found out, and came home to immediately divorce the father.