Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Hanji mentioned the rubble implied they all burst from their homes so it seems he can transform Eldians just by being near them.

Nah, I'm thinking poison gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

In It For The Tank posted:

Mule Titan has gotta be a shifter. It can talk, it follows orders, it strategically rescued Zeke and fled of its own volition, and it didn't show any interest in eating people except when it was trying to kill Levi and Hange.

Also wasn't there some picture that showed the ancient titans fighting and had one on there that looked similar to the mule titan in the background?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

JahRoo posted:

Eren has 2 (progenitor and whichever Grisha had)

Eren has Frieda and Owl

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

The rare Boobs Titan, which I don't think we've seen another example of yet.

My favorite thing about Boobs Titan is how her boobs are made out of raw muscle. Just like in real life!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's a high school AEUG

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's perfect.

Goth Mikasa is so wonderful.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's a high school AEUG

But where are Kamille and Fa?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Dahmer"

:stonk: why

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Begemot posted:

But where are Kamille and Fa?
Clearly they're teachers at the school.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

flowinprose posted:

Also wasn't there some picture that showed the ancient titans fighting and had one on there that looked similar to the mule titan in the background?

Yeah wow there is, guess I missed that. So assuming mule man is actually a shifter, that leaves one shifter not directly accounted for since it's pretty likely that Owl and Eren are the same titan.

Also I feel sorry for the dude that drew the short straw in shifter school and got stuck with being the mule. Not much to brag about on the playground when that's your power.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

In It For The Tank posted:

Mule Titan has gotta be a shifter. It can talk, it follows orders, it strategically rescued Zeke and fled of its own volition, and it didn't show any interest in eating people except when it was trying to kill Levi and Hange.

I'm not convinced. There may be different degrees of titan intelligence, with fully self aware shifters and entirely mindless man-eaters being merely the most extreme examples. The mule titan seems more in the middle, smart enough to follow orders but fully obedient to Zeke.

We just haven't seen other titans in that range before now, presumably because the Marley government wouldn't normally have any reason to send that type of titan to Paradise.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I had to search that term to know what was.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's a mystery locked in his basement.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
And freezer.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

JahRoo posted:

Yeah wow there is, guess I missed that. So assuming mule man is actually a shifter, that leaves one shifter not directly accounted for since it's pretty likely that Owl and Eren are the same titan.

Also I feel sorry for the dude that drew the short straw in shifter school and got stuck with being the mule. Not much to brag about on the playground when that's your power.
mule titan is secretly gonna be the most powerful titan under royal titan

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That is actually a pretty decent depiction of various American high school cliques/appearances, at least from a Japanese person. Some cliques like "preps" don't seem to exist as much in Japanese pop culture depictions of high school.

Though in my city all public high schools were required to wear white (or green because school colors) polos and khaki pants as a uniform so we didn't get to enjoy the sort of freedom with fashion that is usually depicted as an American/Western thing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

That is actually a pretty decent depiction of various American high school cliques/appearances, at least from a Japanese person. Some cliques like "preps" don't seem to exist as much in Japanese pop culture depictions of high school.

Though in my city all public high schools were required to wear white (or green because school colors) polos and khaki pants as a uniform so we didn't get to enjoy the sort of freedom with fashion that is usually depicted as an American/Western thing.
I just don't get "messenger"

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Can you explain "Dahmer"?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Jeffrey Dahmer was bullied a lot in school, and later in life ended up becoming a horrific cannibal and serial killer, so I think the parallels with our favourite Rage Titan are pretty clear here.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's also a rather well-known graphic novel about Jeffrey Dahmer's descent made by one of his former high-school classmates, My Friend Dahmer. It's being made into a movie.

That's probably how Isayama knew enough about Dahmer to draw that comparison.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Attack on THMAAAAAAA

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Probably meant to be gofer. The guy who gets sent out to pick up drinks or whatever else he gets told to do. Bertholdt before Reiner got his head blown off.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Xarbala posted:

There's also a rather well-known graphic novel about Jeffrey Dahmer's descent made by one of his former high-school classmates, My Friend Dahmer. It's being made into a movie.

That's probably how Isayama knew enough about Dahmer to draw that comparison.
I didn't think Levi had titan powers yet.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Queen Bee Historia is perfect, she's like the tiniest character in the series right?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I miss Historia.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
i miss rage titan already

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I was thinking it was just a pun of "dame" (no good, loser) but then I remembered Eren actually did eat a guy once.

Also, he killed two dudes before he turned 12.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

flowinprose posted:

Yes. Twice actually.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

JahRoo posted:

Dude's got some bragging rights by now, at least. It wasn't too long ago when half the thread was cursing Mule Titan for loving everything up for the protagonists.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Gopher, I guess. That guy that gets to hang out with the cool kids because he does the drudgery for them.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

So there's this anthology thing out? https://io9.gizmodo.com/read-this-gorgeous-heartbreaking-story-from-the-attack-1789271645

change my name fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 22, 2016

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's a high school AEUG

wheres the school uniform colossal titan thats supposed to be gazing at everyone from a distance regardless of bert being in the shot?

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 26, 2016

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
So I quit reading manga and for the most part watching anime when I was like 15, but have recently been getting back into it (starting with rurouni kenshin since I already owned the first 9 books).

Now I'm getting super into it and spending entirely way too much on manga, but I just found out there's apparently a colossal edition of Attack on Titan, which I've only ever seen an episode of and obviously never read. Needless to say I bought it and holy poo poo this motherfucker is huge! And there's color! I'm pleasantly surprised, and also loving hyped to get into this. Hopefully the first 5 books can last me to my next paycheck. I really don't want to have to blow another $40 on a book. The price makes me feel like I'm buying tabletop books again

Anyway, here's my meaningless, pointless post about my entry to Attack on Titan. My name is Eerkik and I'm a Japanese comic enthusiast.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Welcome to anime, manga enjoy your stay :tipshat:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Eerkik posted:

So I quit reading manga and for the most part watching anime when I was like 15, but have recently been getting back into it (starting with rurouni kenshin since I already owned the first 9 books).

Now I'm getting super into it and spending entirely way too much on manga, but I just found out there's apparently a colossal edition of Attack on Titan, which I've only ever seen an episode of and obviously never read. Needless to say I bought it and holy poo poo this motherfucker is huge! And there's color! I'm pleasantly surprised, and also loving hyped to get into this. Hopefully the first 5 books can last me to my next paycheck. I really don't want to have to blow another $40 on a book. The price makes me feel like I'm buying tabletop books again

Anyway, here's my meaningless, pointless post about my entry to Attack on Titan. My name is Eerkik and I'm a Japanese comic enthusiast.

Welcome to the anime forum, I think you'll fight right in!

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

mule titan is secretly gonna be the most powerful titan under royal titan

Dogs can shift into titans and remain loyal to their original masters.

Calling it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of books, Comixology has all volumes on sale until 12/13. So $76 gets you 19 volumes which brings you up to #76 (I think it's 4 issues / volume, it doesn't say anywhere but they rarely do anything less than $1/issue). Volume 20 comes out 12/6 and based on release looks like volumes are 8 issues / 2 volumes behind so you'll still be a bit behind if you want to keep up.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
While we wait for the next dose of monthly misery, has anyone bought the western anthology? Is it actually any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

jesus christ