Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Dansformation stuff was a lot of fun. With Lucifer parting his hair the same way and wearing a jacket over a hoodie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
The procedural stuff is just a backdrop for the rest of the show. It's far from the main point of the show.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

Also part of Trixie's costume: Mardi Gras necklaces.

Don't forget the whip.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Just gotta say, the soundtrack for this show is SO good, even if they use every synonym in the English language for angels and demons in song titles and use them.

Also, Trixie's character has the best child actor, you know, apart from the kids in Stranger Things. She's so cute! I'm waiting for Lucifer to finally accept a hug. I think she figured out it's going to take awhile and gave him a high-five instead.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Pan Dulce posted:

Just gotta say, the soundtrack for this show is SO good, even if they use every synonym in the English language for angels and demons in song titles and use them.

Also, Trixie's character has the best child actor, you know, apart from the kids in Stranger Things. She's so cute! I'm waiting for Lucifer to finally accept a hug. I think she figured out it's going to take awhile and gave him a high-five instead.

The day Lucifer accepts a hug from Trixie is the day he's truly free and regains his wings.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Zebulon posted:

The day Lucifer accepts a hug from Trixie is the day he's truly free and regains his wings.

What's more, the day he hugs her of his own initiative is the day his Dad goes, 'Yup, you passed the test son; I'm proud of you. Come on home.'

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
:stare:

WHAT ABOUT HITLER

This show.

e: oh well that's not good

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 15, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
He buried the angel of death's sword. In the forest. loving really, Lucifer?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Now I wanna know what it was she wanted in return that skeeved even Lucifer out.

OHOH CHLOE'S JEALOUS

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Echophonic posted:

He buried the angel of death's sword. In the forest. loving really, Lucifer?

Good judgement isn't really his strong suit.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
moooooooom

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Having read this thread I lost it at "It looks like a movie prop."

:lol:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Lucifer's little grin while Ella was acting out the murder. I love it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Really need a gif of that demonstration.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
what a shocking twist

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Aww yeah, time for some acting from Dan. :allears:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Huh....so I wonder if Dan is some kind of celestial...thing that can resist Azrael's blade...

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Astrofig posted:

Huh....so I wonder if Dan is some kind of celestial...thing that can resist Azrael's blade...

eh, he's probably just a really good person or something.

either that or him and Chloe are semi-divine and Trixie will lead the war against heaven.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Lucifer's said before that people can resist his desire mumbo-jumbo, I'm sure stabby time is similarly resistable. Plus Chloe was there and she at lease suppresses part of Lucifer's angelic racial bonus.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

:agreed:

Also, Hello Mum. It's been awhile.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Seconded.

OK, motion carries. How about it, Internet?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Whoa. Apparently Joe Henderson (exec producer) got a phone call on his personal private cell tonight from a Trump supporter, bitching at him for supporting Hillary.

That's pretty god damned scary.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Azrael's blade prop got a makeover already. That horribly ugly oversized guard got downsized and now it looks much better.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Snak posted:

Azrael's blade prop got a makeover already. That horribly ugly oversized guard got downsized and now it looks much better.

Yup, they even said "It looks like a movie prop."

Be proud thread.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

This episode was hilarious :haw: Awesome word-play.

That said, what the Devil is Mum plotting? :ohdear:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rappaport posted:

This episode was hilarious :haw: Awesome word-play.

That said, what the Devil is Mum plotting? :ohdear:

Another war on Heaven.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

Another war on Heaven.

Would make sense, I suppose. And would...Kinda fit with the grander arc in the comics, I guess?

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 15, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rappaport posted:

Do we spoiler comics stuff here or no?
Please use spoiler tags.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The comic has little to nothing to do with the show. Especially in characterization of Lucifer himself.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The comic has little to nothing to do with the show. Especially in characterization of Lucifer himself.

I know that, but we don't know what plot points are going to get co-opted, and maybe I'll want to read the comic some day. I don't think it's too much to ask.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Snak posted:

I know that, but we don't know what plot points are going to get co-opted, and maybe I'll want to read the comic some day. I don't think it's too much to ask.

A BRIDGE TOO FAR! :supaburn:

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf
We now know that Azrael, the Angel of Death is female {and uses a really lovely sword/dagger).

I'm interested to see how they go with Death in this interpretation. It would be nice to see an interpretation of the Goth DC Death (Cinamon Hadley / "Tori Amos") but seeing now they have run the original Sandman universe through more of a Christian filter, I think they'll never open up the can of worms that is the Endless. A spunky Goth death could end with some nice pokes back at Supernatural though...

Of course, there is already one small dark-hair girl on the show that came out of nowhere, maybe there's a shocking twist coming up...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

evilbastard posted:

Of course, there is already one small dark-hair girl on the show that came out of nowhere, maybe there's a shocking twist coming up...

Ella is Azrael? Small, dark haired, punky girl, believes in god, understands the test of faith, accepts Lucifer, obsessed with death.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :v:

Edit: Has Five Brothers.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

VendaGoat posted:

Ella is Azrael? Small, dark haired, punky girl, believes in god, understands the test of faith, accepts Lucifer, obsessed with death.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :v:

Would seem odd that Lucifer wouldn't recognizer he tho seeing as how he instantly recognized Uriel

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Azhais posted:

Would seem odd that Lucifer wouldn't recognizer he tho seeing as how he instantly recognized Uriel

Good point. What has been said about Azrael so far?

She could just be, "under cover".

Titan
Jan 14, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

Good point. What has been said about Azrael so far?

She could just be, "under cover".

Nothing aside from she's the Angel of Death.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
We also don't know how long it's been since he last saw her. If she was a little bitty angel when he last saw her 2 millenia ago, who's to say he'd recognize a grown-up version of her?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Astrofig posted:

We also don't know how long it's been since he last saw her. If she was a little bitty angel when he last saw her 2 millenia ago, who's to say he'd recognize a grown-up version of her?

It would be inconsistent for him to recognize Uriel, the widdlest angel, and not Azreal, unless she's being all sneaky on purpose.

The cop part of this show continues to be distractingly annoying though.

A Good and Smart Detective: "You were obsessed with getting that knife, then it goes missing and suddenly you don't care anymore. This is not a thing I find weird or suspicious or worth following up on."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
The baby angel of death....

• Locked thread