Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

I feel like this is bullshit because Ernie is only the lynch leader by 1 vote at this point and it seems more like it's mostly because people aren't really engaging with the game.

don't forget asiina's spiritual vote

i mean i considered that but the lead is the lead. i'd much rather dunk mmt if that's an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Somberbrero posted:

don't forget asiina's spiritual vote

i mean i considered that but the lead is the lead. i'd much rather dunk mmt if that's an option.

What's your case on MMT again? I remember thinking "hhmmmmm yes" but I forget the details and as a rogue cop with nothing to lose, I'm very lazy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT never really addressed my answer, so I'm not sure where she's at with that.

Reading back, I agree that her chores vote is pretty lazy. I always feel like chores looks like an easy vote to scum. He's one of the people I usually watch to see how people react to him. Would vote.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi folks, I'm very sick atm and headed to a doctor right now, I will check in before the deadline unless I am literally passed out in bed. currently comfortable with votes on TM, Pmom, and chores

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
mmt made a case against chores that was two points

a) lurking
b) meta

a lurker dunk is extremely silly d1. lurking has no connection to alignment and it puts us in an awkward position in terms of information d2.

i'd also say that mmt has hardly been more active, which i don't think fits with her meta either.

i still don't really like tmm's position on ernie, but at least he has made a different case even if i find it entirely uncompelling.

##unvote
##vote murmur twin

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've pushed a lurker lynch on D1 as scum, but I also feel that a lurker lynch isn't that terrible an idea on D1 as town.

Lurkers are terrible for the game. It's impossible to get a read on them, they aren't helping to find scum and I'd rather just jettison them early because otherwise scum can make an easy push on them later in the game.

Dongs is 'playing' completely differently than he has played the last few games I've seen him in and it's really weird.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly have way more of a problem with the way Somber is pushing cases right now than I do with the case MMT made against dongs.

Somber feels really dishonest in this game and I think he might be scum with PMom.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
our goal is to lynch scum

lurking has nothing to do with alignment

lynching a lurker is a lazy cop out. i signed up to use my brain to play mafias.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also meta cases are extremely silly. who knows what's going on with dongs right now? max is being extremely prickly and asiina is being very unhelpful, both traits i wouldn't normally ascribe to them. what does that mean? i don't know! no one does. it's reading tea leaves, implying otherwise is foolish.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

our goal is to lynch scum

lurking has nothing to do with alignment

lynching a lurker is a lazy cop out. i signed up to use my brain to play mafias.

It honestly feels more like you're either protecting a scumbuddy in dongs or gain cred for not lynching town.

dongs has all of 6 posts after 3 days of the game being open. He's not helping and that's anti town. He could very well be scum who just doesn't want to participate right now because he knows lurkers don't usually get lynched on D1, so he's a perfectly valid lynch target.

Lurking may not have anything to do with alignment, but lurking certainly doesn't help town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
to clarify, the db case seems bad to me because ernie was our only viable target at that point.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

It honestly feels more like you're either protecting a scumbuddy in dongs or gain cred for not lynching town.

dongs has all of 6 posts after 3 days of the game being open. He's not helping and that's anti town. He could very well be scum who just doesn't want to participate right now because he knows lurkers don't usually get lynched on D1, so he's a perfectly valid lynch target.

Lurking may not have anything to do with alignment, but lurking certainly doesn't help town.

this was the same argument i made against you with ernie, what's up with the cognitive dissonance?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

to clarify, the db case seems bad to me because ernie was our only viable target at that point.

No, Ernie wasn't the only viable target when MMT made the dongbot case. That is a flat out lie.

There were two votes on Ernie when MMT voted for dongs.

You're being very disingenuous this game Somber and I really do think you're scum here, so I'm going to ##vote Somber

For all you're talk about not wanting to lynch a lurker, MMT isn't that much better than a lurker at this point. She has all of 10 posts more than dongs at this time and the only real point you have against her is that she made a meta case on D1 against dongs.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

this was the same argument i made against you with ernie, what's up with the cognitive dissonance?

There's no cognitive dissonance. I was pushing back against lynching someone who was actively posting and while some of it was scummy, I didn't feel it was enough to lynch him.

On the other hand, you seem to be flat out refusing to consider that dongs could just be lurking scum here. Nothing dongs has done in this game deserves the protection you seem to be giving him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
haha, well yes. tmm i am refusing to consider dongs because it's a complete shot in the dark based on extremely poor reasoning.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you don't see how advocating a lurker lynch when, as i've pointed out, mmt isn't posting much herself, is weird? i'm just checking.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd like people to look at tired moritz again

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

you don't see how advocating a lurker lynch when, as i've pointed out, mmt isn't posting much herself, is weird? i'm just checking.

Dongs is not known for lurking, he is known for the exact opposite: posting quite heavily. On the other hand, MMT can be kind of streaky with her posting in games. I've seen her post heavily as both town/scum and I've seen her not post much as both town/scum.

Here's some questions for you: If MMT had come in and said, I have a gut feel that dongs is scum would you be considering her as scum right now? What do you think of dong 'case' on Keane?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Dongs is not known for lurking, he is known for the exact opposite: posting quite heavily. On the other hand, MMT can be kind of streaky with her posting in games. I've seen her post heavily as both town/scum and I've seen her not post much as both town/scum.

Here's some questions for you: If MMT had come in and said, I have a gut feel that dongs is scum would you be considering her as scum right now? What do you think of dong 'case' on Keane?

oh my drat you are missing the point. meta is meaningless. normally i'm a medium to high volume poster but sometimes i just don't do poo poo. maybe dongs has stuff going on in their life, idk and idc. this is such an unproductive discussion.

i'm not going to speak to a hypothetical because that's stupid. we're not playing an imaginary game, we're playing the one in front of us. i think don'gs 'case' on keane is better than mmt's case on dongs, legitimately.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

oh my drat you are missing the point. meta is meaningless. normally i'm a medium to high volume poster but sometimes i just don't do poo poo. maybe dongs has stuff going on in their life, idk and idc. this is such an unproductive discussion.

i'm not going to speak to a hypothetical because that's stupid. we're not playing an imaginary game, we're playing the one in front of us. i think don'gs 'case' on keane is better than mmt's case on dongs, legitimately.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're scum at this point.

You think that dongs case which consists of 'I have a read' is better than MMT saying that she thinks dong is scum based on a meta read. They are basically the same thing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i can point out where mmt's case is fundamentally unsound, and i have. i can't do the same for dongs.

you are being so obtuse! how does you thinking i'm wrong correlate to alignment?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

i can point out where mmt's case is fundamentally unsound, and i have. i can't do the same for dongs.

you are being so obtuse! how does you thinking i'm wrong correlate to alignment?

It's the same loving case. Holy loving poo poo, you the one being obtuse.

Dongs case is 'I have a read'. MMTs case is 'I have a meta read'.

There is no loving difference there are all.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Having a read and having a meta read are different things.

Both are bad cases though cause they don't convince anyone of anything.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Having a read and having a meta read are different things.

Both are bad cases though cause they don't convince anyone of anything.

I would agree if it wasn't D1. But on D1 dongs vote keane and then ~18 hours later came back with his 'I have a read' response.

So to say that's a better 'case' than MMTs meta read that a lurking dongs is more likely to be scum is complete bullshit.

Somber is scum here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I would agree if it wasn't D1. But on D1 dongs vote keane and then ~18 hours later came back with his 'I have a read' response.

So to say that's a better 'case' than MMTs meta read that a lurking dongs is more likely to be scum is complete bullshit.

Somber is scum here.

And just to clarify, dongs made his vote on Keane ~22 hours in to the game in his second post and then followed it up ~18 hours later with his 'I have a read' response.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why did we spend so long talking about lurkers if that's not an element of her case? why can you not see why it's so much stranger for mmt to be calling out behaviors she sees as scummy when she is participating in them?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm done engaging with you on this Somber. You're scum here and I know it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
holy poo poo. MAKE AN ARGUMENT THAT CONNECTS BEHAVIOR TO ALIGNMENT.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you're not even trying to find scum, you're just arguing to argue.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

you're not even trying to find scum, you're just arguing to argue.

mafia.txt

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

mafia.txt

HELP OUT YOU SCUMBO

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

HELP OUT YOU SCUMBO

1:30AM

Asiina gets into an argument with Madman and Somber

This is definitely a good and cool idea.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

1:30AM

Asiina gets into an argument with Madman and Somber

This is definitely a good and cool idea.

madman is probably town even if he sucks at it.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
The other name I was very confident on (other than CCKeane) was, in fact, MurmurTwin so I'd be fine switching to that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sorry, I have not been posting. I'm been stressed out with paying bills for something I haven't even used in 2 years.

Anyway, I just reread a bit and I find TMM's posting kinda weird, he didn't want Ernie to get lynched but he's also upset that the deadline is pushed. Yeah, I know that's not an in-depth case but that's all I can wring out of all the posts. It just reads like a blur to me right now.

I kinda understand the MMT's votes but eh, I don't really buy it. And actually Sombre's vote on them is kinda weird, since MMT's lurking a bit as well and they said that lynching lurkers wouldn't provide much information. Kinda confusing to be against voting lurkers because it provides less info and then vote to kill a lurker.

Tell me if I'm getting things right, the constant use of mafia terms kinda makes every post kinda confusing for me , a bad player.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT, a lurker, has actually made a case against other lurkers. There is a difference between MMT's case and Somber's case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sorry, one other lurker, not multiple.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, MMT saying lets get rid of a lurker and Somber saying lets get rid of MMT for pushing a lurker case are two different things here. That MMT is also lurking is incidental to that case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I'm sorry for being prickly. It's been a rough week at work that I let seep into here when I shouldn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

It's the same loving case. Holy loving poo poo, you the one being obtuse.

Dongs case is 'I have a read'. MMTs case is 'I have a meta read'.

There is no loving difference there are all.

Dongs made that post after MMT had already posted their read of dongs, this is not the same situation. I don't really like this characterization that you and TM have given Somber's case because it seems pretty clear to me that they aren't the same.

• Locked thread