Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Something I noticed is that the game starts lagging and fps drops significantly the more I progress through the game (more settlements, more places explored) and my last playthrough when I traveled a few minutes it would start showing and I'd have to save, quit and relaunch the game to be fine for another 30 minutes before it happened again.

Have any of you experienced that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Segmentation Fault posted:

I want to point out that the head of Robotics in the institute was openly considering the idea that gen 3 synths were real people and that Bethesda missed a huge opportunity with letting the player control the Institute but make them pro-synth freedom.
Yep, sounds like Bethesda wrote this game.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
To add to sintax's suggestions:
for gods sake, before you start disabling/removing mods, save a dated profile, then when you find the offending mod, nmm can just reinstall everything automatically.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Something I noticed is that the game starts lagging and fps drops significantly the more I progress through the game (more settlements, more places explored) and my last playthrough when I traveled a few minutes it would start showing and I'd have to save, quit and relaunch the game to be fine for another 30 minutes before it happened again.

Have any of you experienced that?

Sounds like the old purge cell buffer problem to me.

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.

Sintax posted:

Can't say I spot anything particular, personally I run 255+ mods and rarely crash. If you are looking to troubleshoot crashing problems, the process I would use is something like this:

First, try to remember when the crashes started, sort your mods by date, and see if any recent mods seem problematic or just remove recently added mods. Also check the date on mods to see if any are particularly out-of-date and should be updated.
Second, temporarily uninstall any mods that have an effect that is more likely to cause crashes than others. For instance, uninstall True Storms and its patches since they can activate at any time. Mods that to enemy levelled lists are worth checking, and any mods that rely on scripting.
Third, temporarily uninstall huge chunks or your mod list, like 1/4 of your mod list, and go test your game. You can leave on mods that won't cause crashes (like 20x terminal display or hush_dogmeat are in no way going to cause random crashes). If there are still crashes, uninstall more mods, if the crashes have stopped, narrow down the mods you uninstalled to try to figure out which was causing crashes.

Cheers and I think I found it. This respawn mod seems to make the game a crash fest.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Segmentation Fault posted:

I think that's basically how they wanted to approach things, but then synths started escaping and they had to send out coursers to scoop up their property, and the railroad got involved.

I want to point out that the head of Robotics in the institute was openly considering the idea that gen 3 synths were real people and that Bethesda missed a huge opportunity with letting the player control the Institute but make them pro-synth freedom.

Thinking about any aspect of the story at all in a Bethesda title will never end in you enjoying the experience more.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I'm having a problem that I really don't think I should be having and can't really find any suggestions for, probably because my choice of google searches isn't any good.

I've got 16gb of ram but Fallout 4 just can't seem to load assets very well, even if I sprint in one direction for awhile it'll go into a loading pause or just load the cell with no collision/geometry and other times everything will just have lovely textures. This really shouldn't be happening, should it?

I'm running a fair amount of mods but mod bloat shouldn't cause these type of issues, should they?

Here's the relevant info; the settings are just what I got from GeForce experience's optimize function so maybe they're all wrong, I don't know.

This isn't a huge issue since it amounts to just having to wait around sometimes and it really only affects exterior areas but it just seems like it shouldn't be happening. Also this isn't directly related to modding but I figure this thread would know best.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Is there a mod or a way to give up ownership of a settlement? I want to re-do all of my nuka world gang farms/outposts.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Kaptain K posted:

I'm having a problem that I really don't think I should be having and can't really find any suggestions for, probably because my choice of google searches isn't any good.

I've got 16gb of ram but Fallout 4 just can't seem to load assets very well, even if I sprint in one direction for awhile it'll go into a loading pause or just load the cell with no collision/geometry and other times everything will just have lovely textures. This really shouldn't be happening, should it?

I'm running a fair amount of mods but mod bloat shouldn't cause these type of issues, should they?

Here's the relevant info; the settings are just what I got from GeForce experience's optimize function so maybe they're all wrong, I don't know.

(mow)

This isn't a huge issue since it amounts to just having to wait around sometimes and it really only affects exterior areas but it just seems like it shouldn't be happening. Also this isn't directly related to modding but I figure this thread would know best.

Are you running any graphics mods? That always does it for me .. took me quite a while to find an ENB that didn't throw my framerate out the window(playing on Ultra).

Also: personally, never had any luck or confidence in Nvidia's optimize function. This(http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/) is a great little tool to tweak graphic/performance/gameplay settings.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kaptain K posted:

Loading times will be bottlenecked by your storage device, always make sure to put Fallout4 on your SSD boys and girls.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

CFox posted:

Sounds like the old purge cell buffer problem to me.

You were spot on (so far), thanks so much!

Edit:

VVV This stuttering from the PCB thing is the only bug I've ever encountered in Fallout 4 and I run about 70-80 mods.

For a bethesda game, it's pretty drat impressive (Skyrim/Oblivion crashed all the time even with a good load order).

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 17, 2016

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Fallout 4 is the most stable Bethesda engine I've ever played on. I have about 100 mods (or TCs like Frost) and I don't think I've ever encountered a crash. It's a nice change of pace.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sintax posted:

Loading times will be bottlenecked by your storage device, always make sure to put Fallout4 on your SSD boys and girls.

Yeah, especially if you're running a texture or groundcover mod, and have some ridiculous END and Moving Target 3, you can totally sprint ahead of the rendering engine.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Sintax posted:

I've got it connected to an internal non-SSD but I don't know, I was playing Fallout 4 years ago with just as many mods and I wasn't having this problem I don't think - I was even using a worse computer back then.

Mosnar posted:

Are you running any graphics mods? That always does it for me .. took me quite a while to find an ENB that didn't throw my framerate out the window(playing on Ultra).

Also: personally, never had any luck or confidence in Nvidia's optimize function. This(http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/) is a great little tool to tweak graphic/performance/gameplay settings.

That's pretty much the only type of mod I'm not using since the game generally looks good enough on native high settings for me. Framerate isn't a problem either, it's just fine most of the time. What I have is a game that runs great but just isn't loading in assets when it should be. Maybe I should tweak some of the native settings though.

Glazius posted:

Yeah, especially if you're running a texture or groundcover mod, and have some ridiculous END and Moving Target 3, you can totally sprint ahead of the rendering engine.

I am running some big texture mods, it kinda slipped my mind - that probably has a lot to do with my problem.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
So I remembered that there was a mod that was posted somewhere that made pipe weapons actually viable later in the game. Does anyone know what mod would do that?
I've been searching THE BIG GOOD FALLOUT 4 MODS list for a while but haven't found it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

HoboNews posted:

So I remembered that there was a mod that was posted somewhere that made pipe weapons actually viable later in the game. Does anyone know what mod would do that?
I've been searching THE BIG GOOD FALLOUT 4 MODS list for a while but haven't found it.

Page 1, Ctrl-f pipe, enjoy.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Smol posted:

Page 1, Ctrl-f pipe, enjoy.

thanks for helping a dumbass

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
The dude who made the Laser RCW from NV has put out another weapon, The AEAR-1.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20048/

Rrussom fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 19, 2016

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

There's a new mod out for lowered weapons that might be a good candidate to replace the two on the first page: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20093/

Essentially your gun stays up during combat and for a few seconds (configurable) after firing or aiming, but is otherwise lowered. Better than either of the alternatives that require you to manually lower it or that keep putting your gun down in combat.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
A bit late, but on the bright side I have more stuff to post. Plus a few posts above dropped some pretty good things. It's a bumper crop week for actually interesting mods in Post Nuka World Fallout 4.

For those who found it weird the Mysterious Stranger looked noting like the character from the previous games, now finally somebody has made several fixes! One mod deals with the clothing giving him the proper Noir Detective look back the other removes the facial hair. Now he looks like the Mysterious Stranger we all know once more.

Last time I posted a mod which introduced an interesting series of 1930's inspired mens fashion outfits to the game. Now it is the ladies turn, the only difference being of course these outfits are more 1950's Bioshock inspired. They still look good though. Get your neat 1950's Feminine Outfits mod right here.

Here is one for people who have Nuka World. Annoyed you got Radiant quests in Nuka World telling you to go back to the Commonwealth and the same thing sending you back to the DLC in the Commonwealth? well this mod Keep Commonwealth Radiant quests within the Commonwealth ensures those radiant quests in the regions you pick them up in are IN the region. No more lovely back and forth fast travel!

Hey people remember the Merc Cruiser outfit from F3/FNV? It's back IN FALLOUT 4 FORM.

Passive Water Resources adds many low tech ways of collecting water in your settlements without the need of fancy pumps or pipes.

How do you guys feel about a .44 Automag Pistol being added to your extensive modded in armoury now? eh?

SF COMBAT ARMOR AND JETPACK adds a vaguely futuristic modern set of combat armor with a Jetpack and a bunch of different skin/model variants to the game judging by the file size. Worth a look I guess.

Light Brawler Outfit adds a few interesting stylised mash up outfits for female characters. Comes in both default and CBBE flavors. Same modder has made some male variants in the same interesting style called Wastland Drifter.

Hate hearing that comedy burp sound effect after eating the gibbed corpses of your slain foes? this mod removes that burp sound effect from the game.

Sharing & Caring Companions was a mod that more or less let you recruit any NPC in the previous games as a companion. Now finally has brought the concept over to Fallout 4 the Vault Tech Ghoul guy can finally be your best friend in the Wastes!

Squirrels Of The Commonwealth introduces mutated kills Squirrels of the game for you to hunt or be hunted by. Several vicious variants that can easily be made into settlement items and food. Yum.

Silent Protaginist is the latest in a series of mods designed around surgically removing and muting all the voiced single player character stuff that is the bane to anyone who wants to replay boring vaguely concerned but aimless parent. It is an improvement apparently on the mods dedicated to this feature before hand but requires several other mods to work with it. Check it out if you've never tried this before or want something more stable than the one you've used previously.

Scope Blur. You now have proper scopes, might as well upgrade the 1st person visual effects whilst using them right?

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Tagging coincidentally along: found what actually might be a useful mod - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20137/

Supposedly allows the massive/overkill defense system you've undoubtedly constructed for your settlements to be actually/more effective.

I can't be the only one who finds a barrage of heavy laser and missile turrets obliterating wandering bloatflies humorous ...

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SeanBeansShako posted:

Hate hearing that comedy burp sound effect after eating the gibbed corpses of your slain foes? this mod removes that burp sound effect from the game.

I thought that was basically the reason to take the cannibal perk in the first place. That and companion reactions.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Squirrels Of The Commonwealth introduces mutated kills Squirrels of the game for you to hunt or be hunted by. Several vicious variants that can easily be made into settlement items and food. Yum.

This looks highly amusing, will check out soon!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Entropic posted:

I thought that was basically the reason to take the cannibal perk in the first place. That and companion reactions.

Some people don't mind the perk sound effects, some people fine them annoying. Just dropping what might interest somebody in the thread.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I get a CTD when I try to use the armour workbench. I don't use any mods that alter crafting and I can't find any obvious culprits with FO4Edit. Any ideas?

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm
*DLCCoast.esm
*DLCworkshop02.esm
*DLCworkshop03.esm
*DLCNukaWorld.esm
*TrueStormsFO4.esm
*TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp
*TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp
*Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp
*RAO - True Storms patch.esp
*WET.esp
*FAR.esp
*UniquePlayer.esp
*UniqueFollowers.esp
*UnlockAllHairstyles.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
*EveryonesBestFriend.esp
*dD-Enhanced Blood.esp
*dD-Action Ragdoll Force.esp
*Cuts and Blunts 3.0.esp
*DimmerCigaretteLight.esp
*Faster Terminal Displays (2x).esp
*Better Settlement Defence.esp
*LongerDeathReloadTime.esp
*LongerPowerLines3x.esp
*No Perk Level Requirements ALL DLC.esp
*PD_LowerWeapon.esp
*Disable NPC Comments When Waiting for Player Input.esp
*Greetings - Medium.esp
*Move (Get Out the Way).esp
*Zoom.esp
*Dialogue Camera Sensitivity.esp

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

SplitSoul posted:

I get a CTD when I try to use the armour workbench. I don't use any mods that alter crafting and I can't find any obvious culprits with FO4Edit. Any ideas?

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm
*DLCCoast.esm
*DLCworkshop02.esm
*DLCworkshop03.esm
*DLCNukaWorld.esm
*TrueStormsFO4.esm
*TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp
*TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp
*Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp
*RAO - True Storms patch.esp
*WET.esp
*FAR.esp
*UniquePlayer.esp
*UniqueFollowers.esp
*UnlockAllHairstyles.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
*EveryonesBestFriend.esp
*dD-Enhanced Blood.esp
*dD-Action Ragdoll Force.esp
*Cuts and Blunts 3.0.esp
*DimmerCigaretteLight.esp
*Faster Terminal Displays (2x).esp
*Better Settlement Defence.esp
*LongerDeathReloadTime.esp
*LongerPowerLines3x.esp
*No Perk Level Requirements ALL DLC.esp
*PD_LowerWeapon.esp
*Disable NPC Comments When Waiting for Player Input.esp
*Greetings - Medium.esp
*Move (Get Out the Way).esp
*Zoom.esp
*Dialogue Camera Sensitivity.esp

I was having a similar problem. It was when I was trying to put an existing material mod on to a piece of armor. I could make a new material mod and put it on, but any material mods I had in my workbench would CTD when I tried to put them on. I was also getting a CTD when making robots. And just like you I have no mods that mess with armor outside of the headlamp for combat helmets. Funny enough, what seemed to fix it was updating my video card drivers.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SeanBeansShako posted:

Some people don't mind the perk sound effects, some people fine them annoying. Just dropping what might interest somebody in the thread.

I'd still love to see the outtakes from the recording session where they did all the Idiot Savant lines.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Double Agent posted:

I was having a similar problem. It was when I was trying to put an existing material mod on to a piece of armor. I could make a new material mod and put it on, but any material mods I had in my workbench would CTD when I tried to put them on. I was also getting a CTD when making robots. And just like you I have no mods that mess with armor outside of the headlamp for combat helmets. Funny enough, what seemed to fix it was updating my video card drivers.

This happens right when I enter the workbench, though. I think my drivers are up to date, but I'll give that a try. From googling it seems like an issue introduced by Nuka World, is that your experience as well?

Edit: Yeah, didn't work. :sigh:
Edit: Settlement building as well. I can scrap things fine, but opening a submenu causes CTD.
Edit: Removed Better Settlement Defence, cleaned the save, tried starting a new game, same problem.
Edit: Deleted Fallout4.ini, didn't work.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 24, 2016

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is a modless playthrough recommended for a first run?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mystic Stylez posted:

Not really? It's not something like the Witcher, where mods tend to be janky and "eh" at best.

just add what you like to the game.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

This happens right when I enter the workbench, though. I think my drivers are up to date, but I'll give that a try. From googling it seems like an issue introduced by Nuka World, is that your experience as well?

I don't know. I haven't touched any Nuka World content yet. And going from your mod list we're not using any of the same mods, so I can't say anything about those either. Only thing I can suggest is to disable all mods and reenable one at a time to see if you can find the culprit. Maybe want to verify your game files as well to make sure nothing got corrupted somehow.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Double Agent posted:

I don't know. I haven't touched any Nuka World content yet. And going from your mod list we're not using any of the same mods, so I can't say anything about those either. Only thing I can suggest is to disable all mods and reenable one at a time to see if you can find the culprit. Maybe want to verify your game files as well to make sure nothing got corrupted somehow.

Verified and even redownloaded all the DLC. Guess I'll have to try removing mods.

My card is an HD7850. What are you running?

Edit: Hmm, it seems to be related specifically to crafting workbenches. Accessing them or opening the menu for them in the workshop.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 24, 2016

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Verified and even redownloaded all the DLC. Guess I'll have to try removing mods.

My card is an HD7850. What are you running?

Edit: Hmm, it seems to be related specifically to crafting workbenches. Accessing them or opening the menu for them in the workshop.

GTX 750Ti. The thing is is that this started to happen last week and I hadn't updated my drivers for a couple of months. I have no idea why it happened in the first place and no idea why updating my drivers fixed it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Still no solution and now the Minutemen questline is also broken right off the bat, Preston and gang never go to Sanctuary and I can't speak with any of them. :suicide:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
As always, the simplest solution is to disable batches of your mods to isolate which one is causing problems.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm on my first play through and am using around 50 mods. Peek through the first couple of posts and see if there is anything that peaks you're interest.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I get random crashes to desktop when zoning sometimes. Reloading and then going through the same door leads to no problems. It tends to happen after playing for an hour or so so maybe it's just a memory dump? Is there like an NVAC thing to help with that?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finally got this game now that it's on steam sale, with all the DLC, and it's back to getting every interesting mod. I raided the OP but is there anything super interesting or fun that hasn't been mentioned in it? I mean I'm sure there is, but I haven' gone through the whole topic yet.

EDIT: Mostly is there a less complicated "place anywhere" type mod?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 25, 2016

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fixed the Minutemen quest by starting a new game. Still can't craft. :(

Edit: Tried nuking my drivers, cleaning with DDU, didn't help.
Edit: Found the culprit! It was a perk mod that was poorly tested.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Playable Synths is a good mod, can confirm.