Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

The Titanic posted:

There will be the group hell bent on getting the assets and code. So they can complete the game.

Sad part is they'll probably make more progress than CIG until their inevitable break up over disagreements.

This. It'll be 100 guys, and they'll somehow fork into 200 squabbling projects.

e:tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tippis posted:

In very obliquely related news — :dice: apparently makes enough money from their subpar shooter game thingy that they, too, could afford to spruce up their offices.

Unlike CIG, though, their game is out, and is successful. Also unlike CIG, their office (link in Swedish, but just look at the images you spergs) won an award.

As a builder, this is very tasteful and elegant and in no way as gawdy and obnoxious as CIG's lovely studios. The interesting thing to note is the streamlined minimalist design aesthetic. The absence of acoustical tile on the ceiling replaced by grid work and actual professional lighting design is very impressive. This is what success does for a company. The big thing that does catch my eye is the tasteful usage of perforated materials and delicate inlays for accents. Even the wall murals being used are tasteful and subtle rather than offensive and assaulting when compared the the CIG cafeteria. But the lighting design is top loving notch. Those Swedes know their poo poo when it comes to this sort of thing.

Daffan
Feb 24, 2013

LastCaress posted:

So when Star Citizen fails, how are backers going to react?

-Some will disappear from the internet
-Some will blame goons for ruining everything
-Some will defend CR and say that at least he tried
-Some will blame third parties that didn't match Roberto's vision, like illfonic
-Some will say the alpha and being involved in the project was enough to justify their expenses

What else?

Either way, the post-mortem is going to be incredible.

Before NMS came out nearly nobody was saying too many interesting or critical things about it, but after it imploded.... Now multiply that warm goodness by 130 million.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Nickiepoo posted:

High-five good taste bro.

Glenlivet is nice and smooth, I love the 15 year french reserve. I often like a bit more character. My cheaper go-to is Oban 14, or The Balvenie 12 year small batch.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Your dog is the cutest. :3:

I need to show my dog more of your dog so she can figure out how to be adventurous instead of just wanting rampant snuggles and fetch times. Got to get her back into the canine citizenship class we were doing. :)

Dunno, sounds like your dogge has you trained very well.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

LastCaress posted:

So when Star Citizen fails, how are backers going to react?

-Some will disappear from the internet
-Some will blame goons for ruining everything
-Some will defend CR and say that at least he tried
-Some will blame third parties that didn't match Roberto's vision, like illfonic
-Some will say the alpha and being involved in the project was enough to justify their expenses

What else?

Derek loving Smart.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

nawledgelambo posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/ExcitedJaguarNotATK/edit

:eyepop:

Also thanks derek for getting me banned on wtfosaurus twitch

You're in good company. We're all banned. What did you say there?

ps: a pro streamer saying it's a job, and that he has $13K in the game. Because that's somehow perfectly normal. I don't even.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I noticed that recently banned backers from refunds don't publicly appear to be banned anymore... their rsi avatar is the same and the only sign that all that's left is a digital crater is when you get 404'd if you try to click their dossier.

Is this a new form of damage control or was it always like this?

I remember seeing red marked avatars for those in the kingdom of the banned like they were trying to make an example of you by digitally stringing up your corpse as a warning to other forum goers
whereas now they seem like they'd rather not raise suspicions and doubts.

Seems they're scrubbing comment history as well, it now says Fain80 only has 22 posts. I looked at this as soon as he was refunded when I noticed his avatar still unmolested in Delearia's rsi angst thread and it was more like 2200?
No 'on probation' sign hung around his neck though his avatar is been defaulted, but 404 if you click his dossier https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/362514/Fain80

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oleyo posted:

Glenlivet is nice and smooth, I love the 15 year french reserve. I often like a bit more character. My cheaper go-to is Oban 14, or The Balvenie 12 year small batch.

What's your stance on Laphroiag? (I love the quartercask, others say they would clean their pencils with it)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Hey

I woke up to my dog puking on my bed this morning, super thrilled about that

D_Smart posted:

You're in good company. We're all banned. What did you say there?

ps: a pro streamer saying it's a job, and that he has $13K in the game. Because that's somehow perfectly normal. I don't even.

Well they banned my first account from the videos you linked from twitter (I'm pretty sure) the second ban was my fault, as I asked WTF what his (real life ones, if there are any) friends would say about him spending $13,000 on an imaginary video game, to which was led to a perma ban. Then I started asking mods why I was banned for such a open-ended question, where WTF had to explain in his stream why he wasn't going to unban me. I wish I would have clipped it, it was funny as gently caress.

e: I should mention I was banned after all his crusaders came in and answered the question for him, clearly defensive about such a question being asked, to which I asked him again. The mods were having none of that!

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 17, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I've had it with AP and his constant doxxing! You thought you could get away with ruining the lives of all these innocent pedophiles citizens? I bet all your research didn't tell you that I'm a master doxxer as well... fool. So how about a taste of your own medicine you big bully? Here's all of AP's personal information, I don't care if I get banned! Derphak Slarp and his gang of Goonies will never be able to stop me!

Name: Gary B. Pruitt
Phone Number: 1 (877) 836-9477
Residence: 450 West 33rd Street New York City, New York, U.S.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ap
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/APNews
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/associated-press
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AssociatedPress

If I had pms enabled you'd be in a lot of trouble right now.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Thoatse posted:

I noticed that recently banned backers from refunds don't publicly appear to be banned anymore... their rsi avatar is the same and the only sign that all that's left is a digital crater is when you get 404'd if you try to click their dossier.

Is this a new form of damage control or was it always like this?

I remember seeing red marked avatars for those in the kingdom of the banned like they were trying to make an example of you by digitally stringing up your corpse as a warning to other forum goers
whereas now they seem like they'd rather not raise suspicions and doubts.

Seems they're scrubbing comment history as well, it now says Fain80 only has 22 posts. I looked at this as soon as he was refunded when I noticed his avatar still unmolested in Delearia's rsi angst thread and it was more like 2200?
No 'on probation' sign hung around his neck though his avatar is been defaulted, but 404 if you click his dossier https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/362514/Fain80

:lol:

I had looked at one of my old posts and didn't think about it but you are right, it no longer shows me banned.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

The Titanic posted:

canine citizenship

Uh...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Tarka hasn't responded to me in almost an hour. I know he would never just let someone else have the last word on something, so I'm afraid something happened to him. Dear lurkers from reddit, please check on Tarkaroshe for me.

I once outlasted him in a 14 or so replies chain. Not my proudest moment but I just kept asking the same question and he kept writing huge blocks of text avoiding it so... victory?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

quote:

Deloria posted:
Yeah - honestly its not such fun now - I just had to go and lock my facebook

And I dont get how everybody missed this back on page 6343..
Like is that what this is all about? That I'm not allowed know what freelancer is? I cant tell if its ageist or sexist tbh.

*edit* I dont think it was Derek - so please dont make him a ghoul again - I just think someone took my scoobygang joke a bit too seriously.
Hey full stop if someone from here actually is creeping on you/harassing you on facebook or whatever, please don't hesitate to call them out on it.

As much as /r/ds likes to talk about it, we actually really don't take kindly to that kind of thing here and will get that person sorted out in a jiffy.

Can't help you if it's a citizen though, those guys are loving nuts.

It's the usual Shitizen bollocks of course.

Deloria: You went and "locked" your Facebook because someone posted a link showing that you were a dude posing as an 18yr old Norwegian gurl.

Then, in the past 24hrs, you've been sending PMs here to some SA forum posters. At least one has had to turn off their PM because you're just "creepy"

The fact that you're now trying to play the victim, having been busted for what has now turned out to be a long-standing persona you created, just lends credence to the claims. In fact, I have an entire search history of all your posts here, and all the responses. With the exception of one or two ludicrous ones, most of them have been of the advisory type. Zero harassment, attacks, or doxing.

Plus, having been kicked out back in 2013, you chose to come back here. Nobody called for you. And had you not come here, we'd still be laughing at you nut jobs over on the RSI forums, even as we screen cap your bullshit for posterity, so we can keep on laughing even after our faces get sore from the hilarity.

This is your poo poo. Own it. Shut the gently caress up. And take it like a man. You're in our house now; and we don't have time for pandering to pussies around here.

ps: Seek revenge. Go buy a Polaris.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 17, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Time to fess up I am a 16 year old gamer girl from the Isle of man. I have calenders for sale as well of a portly bearded gentleman vaping and need KS cash to make them.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

If I had pms enabled you'd be in a lot of trouble right now.

If you don't have PMs enabled how did Deloria PM you?

It's you, you are the one pretending to be a 14 year old norwegian, aren't you?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Deloria, why aren't you sending me PMs? Is it because I'm a girl?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 17, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/AJAlqOn.gifv

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Star Citizen is the world of make believe and enables ludicrous fantasies for both backers and producers.

"I want to be a Space Captain that is adored by my crew and respected!"

"I want to be a 16 year old Norwegian gamer girl!"

"I want to be a capable game designer!"

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

:eyepop:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Gotta go for the "Jobbo Fet" triple post hat trick.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://twitter.com/George_CIG/status/799274818751188996

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Are they any closer to actually having a real defined insurance mechanic yet or...?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Maw posted:

Are they any closer to actually having a real defined insurance mechanic yet or...?

You know the answer deep in your kokoro heart

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Maw posted:

:laffo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

It's a canine good citizenship class. Handles obedience and public stuff. Its classes centered around training up a service dog.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

tuo posted:

What's your stance on Laphroiag? (I love the quartercask, others say they would clean their pencils with it)

Hehe, It is hard for me to enjoy a whole bottle of Laphroiag 10 if you know what I mean, but I can appreciate it occasionally. I like a hefty peat now and then. I can't remember if I have tried quarter cask, but the 10 yr cask strength is a bit more balanced IMO than the standard.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Canine Citizen will deliver before Star Citizen

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Maw posted:

If they ever definitively say anything about a dozen different mechanics from pvp to insurance then star citizen implodes.

Every citizen has this dream of how the game is they've spent literally years debating and constructing off a few offhand remarks from devs. When that comes crashing down the scam is up.

Star Citizen won't survive its own existence.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

I'm glad such important information related to buying virtual spaceships is communicated in random employee tweets.

Please Retweet for open development.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Maw posted:

As soon as something is defined you cannot longer count on quantum superposition to fulfill all dreams at the same time. This is known is part of the game-scam duality

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Derek Star vs Robert Space: this instance ain't big enough for the both of us

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Even if CIG got its poo poo together and pumped out content the alienation of everyone (each with a unique mix of gospel on how things will work) will kill the community in the cradle with all the controversy. Lack of community management is to blame here.

They're hosed.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

trucutru posted:

As soon as something is defined you cannot longer count on quantum superposition to fulfill all dreams at the same time. This is known is part of the game-scam duality

This analogy is perfect.

Do not collapse the Dreamfunction!

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

EightAce posted:

Time to fess up I am a 16 year old gamer girl from the Isle of man. I have calenders for sale as well of a portly bearded gentleman vaping and need KS cash to make them.

i secretly fancied you until you said isles of man. what a bummer. this day is just poo poo.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

Hey

I woke up to my dog puking on my bed this morning, super thrilled about that

Breakfast served at bed. Premium dog you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Yes please inform your customers of this intentional feature designed specifically to rip people off.

• Locked thread