Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Exactly. My granite counter top would be warm in the morning and the dishes would be dry, I could open the washer and some steam would still come out. Now it is stone cold and everything is just wet.

Some hunting around online by my retired dad has pulled up this piece here: https://www.geapplianceparts.com/store/parts/spec/WD21X22276 which I can find online for less than $100, but that is already my tipping point for it being a "maybe" this is gonna work. My model of dishwasher is the GDT530PSD0SS. My dad bought a bitching BOSCH for their kitchen when they reno'd a while back and it is awesome. Crazy quiet, efficient, and does an awesome job so I will probably just go buy one of those. For something that is used every single day I think it is worth it to get a nice one. I was never in love with this Government Electric :bahgawd: piece.

I don't have that piece on mine, but we have the exact same symptoms. Online searches show that we're not the only ones.

I don't know that there is a good appliance right now. My best friend bought a Bosch a few years back and had to replace his pump within 3 years. My parents bought a Samsung 2 years ago and the drying fan has had a squealing bearing since new.

The dishwasher we had before this was another GE Profile. It worked great. Then it caught on fire and GE replaced it with this one.

First world dishwashing problems itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Buy a Bosch, even a cheap one, and never go back.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

:lol:

The immigration talk from average Americans and Canadians is fascinating at election time because for some bizarre reason so many retards seem to think it's utterly trivial to just pack your poo poo up and immigrate to the other country.

Never claimed it would be trivial. But if his cabinet picks are anything to go on, it might not matter.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

spog posted:

Ich hoffe, dass Sie in Ihrem neuen Land glücklich sein werden.

I hope you will be happy in your new country.

I've been working through countries trying to work out which ones look nicer and which ones I could get a Visa in (assuming that I was coming at it as a typical non-EU citizen because nobody knows yet WTF is going to happen after March 2019)

Germany appears to be good for work and visas but housing is expensive and if you decide to become a permenant resident you can't keep your old passport too.

Got to wait and see what happens over the next 6 months but I'm currently crossing everything that there will be some sort of associate EU membership deal or some arrangement that will let me keep my EU movement and working rights. If there isn't then i suspect that other European countries will start putting easier requirements or deals in place to take advantage of the possible exodus of UK residents and deal with UK citizens already there.

slidebite posted:

The immigration talk from average Americans and Canadians is fascinating at election time because for some bizarre reason so many retards seem to think it's utterly trivial to just pack your poo poo up and immigrate to the other country.

A mate went UK-US and I spent weeks helping sort out, tidy up and pack his poo poo and get vehicles built and moved into containers, and its taken him close to 2 years to get everything sorted and I think he still has a container with some poo poo left in it.

Commie - If you want to do it, start sorting out your poo poo now!

I've been consciously trying to get rid of poo poo and finish off projects for the past 6 months and have only made a tiny dent on the list

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

slidebite posted:

People mostly say it as a joke. I have dual citizenship and have been milking it for all it is worth, but I'm not moving to Canada unless Herr Trump bans my job.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

slidebite posted:

well the alternative is watch the world go to poo poo while standing there unable to do a drat thing about it

:v:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

slidebite posted:

Buy a Bosch, even a cheap one, and never go back.

Bosch being the superior alternative in any scenario has to be the ultimate proof of the failure of capitalism.

(Yes, we run Siemens PLCs and various Bosch components at work, why do you ask?)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slidebite posted:

Anyone who claims they are moving out of the us because of a presidential vote is a pussy and we won't miss them. Fight for what's right or gtfo.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

slidebite posted:

It's quite funny watching people discover that every other country already has immigration rules at least as harsh as the ones they're getting so bent out of shape over which don't even exist yet.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

BraveUlysses posted:

Anyone who claims they are moving out of the us because of a presidential vote is a pussy and we won't miss them. Fight for what's right or gtfo.

Seriously Trump isn't the problem, the fact that people bitch and moan without doing anything is. Want to change something? Wipe the tears away and volunteer your time towards an advocacy group that has beliefs that line up with yours and put the graft in. That's what the right did and guess what, they got the candidate the wanted.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BraveUlysses posted:

:allears:

All you have to do is lie, appeal to racist zeal, and work with a post facto electorate.

1500quidporsche posted:

Seriously Trump isn't the problem, the fact that people bitch and moan without doing anything is. Want to change something? Wipe the tears away and volunteer your time towards an advocacy group that has beliefs that line up with yours and put the graft in. That's what the right did and guess what, they got the candidate the wanted.

Got it. The Nazis would've been easily defeated in the elections had everyone just realized they were a bunch of xenophobic genocidal liars.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 18, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Seminal Flu posted:

I'm guessing they integrated the heater into something dumb like the pump unit,

Mother.

Fucker.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yup modern America is directly comparable to pre-ww2 Germany

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 231 days!)

BraveUlysses posted:

There are products available that aren't from General Electric..

So, my hood cable had a bris, and that's why it wouldn't unlatch..

THANKS, OBAMA SWEDEN!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BraveUlysses posted:

Marginalizing minorities
Emphasizing a Muslim Registry and Appealing to Japanese Internment
White Supremacy

Seriously, all we're missing is a Reichstag fire and our own Night of the Long Knives.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Seminal Flu posted:

First world dishwashing problems itt.

Oh believe me I am well aware that complaining about my dishwasher no longer getting my dishes dried instead of just cleaned is peak first world problem.

1500quidporsche posted:

That is boot strap talk and that never goes well in this thread :smugdon: In some ways I agree with you

Seminal Flu posted:

Mother.

Fucker.

BWHAHAHAHAHA

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

BraveUlysses posted:

Directly? Hardly, but there are a lot of alarm bells going off that are being largely ignored or hand-waved away as inconsequential.

For instance, when we start hearing that the interment of citizens of Japanese descent during WWII is precedent for starting a Muslim registry you should absolutely be concerned.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
DEAR VANCOUVER WASHINGTON AREA GOONS

http://row52.com//Vehicle/Index/JF1KA7225RB702237

Is there any chance someone can pull both front fenders off this for me (if undamaged) as well as the hatch (if undamaged, again)? And perhaps stick them behind your shed until I manage to get them, or stick them on a pallet? I will gladly pay for the parts upfront. If it'll be in your way sitting around for a while, don't bother.

There are a great number of other things I'd yank off that if I lived out there, but I don't, yet.

CommieGIR posted:

And still considering it strongly. We've both applied for our passports, and depending on how Trumps first year goes, looking at employment options and options for our house.

Can I recommend something? Move to a swing state, not Canada or Germany, unless it gets really bad. Which I hope it doesn't, but, welp, we shall see. Moving to a swing state is nowhere near as satisfying to think about, but far more effective politically, assuming we survive 4 years of kakistocracy.

Also, guys, donate to the ACLU please. I couldn't really afford it, but I threw them a hundred a week ago and will probably just make a habit of tossing them any spare cash I have every time I hear bad news for the Constitution.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Don't forget Trump's pick for attorney general also sued people for helping others get registered to vote and argued that some people don't need to worry about voting, and is a staunch critic of Civil Rights.

I'll let you guess which people that is.

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
Everyone should quit bitching about the already done election in a car forum. Unless Trump takes away my v8s.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Don't forget Joe "Concentration Camps are A-Okay" Arpaio for Homeland Security.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

CommieGIR posted:

Don't forget Trump's pick for attorney general also sued people for helping others get registered to vote and argued that some people don't need to worry about voting, and is a staunch critic of Civil Rights.

I'll let you guess which people that is.

One half of the lovely Senator tag-team duo from my state. You're welcome.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

kastein posted:

DEAR VANCOUVER WASHINGTON AREA GOONS

http://row52.com//Vehicle/Index/JF1KA7225RB702237

Is there any chance someone can pull both front fenders off this for me (if undamaged) as well as the hatch (if undamaged, again)? And perhaps stick them behind your shed until I manage to get them, or stick them on a pallet? I will gladly pay for the parts upfront. If it'll be in your way sitting around for a while, don't bother.

There are a great number of other things I'd yank off that if I lived out there, but I don't, yet.

Can I recommend something? Move to a swing state, not Canada or Germany, unless it gets really bad. Which I hope it doesn't, but, welp, we shall see. Moving to a swing state is nowhere near as satisfying to think about, but far more effective politically, assuming we survive 4 years of kakistocracy.

Also, guys, donate to the ACLU please. I couldn't really afford it, but I threw them a hundred a week ago and will probably just make a habit of tossing them any spare cash I have every time I hear bad news for the Constitution.

D&D's got a donation thread to RAINN going as well, up over $35k so far.

If you're disgruntled like I am and want to be an influence, this post as some good advice, as does the OP of that thread.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 18, 2016

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That is boot strap talk and that never goes well in this thread

not emptyquoting

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I liked when this forum talked about cars.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

West SAAB Story posted:

I liked when this forum talked about cars.

Start talking, then.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

So, I did a bodge on the drat hood release cable to get it back to functional, fixed the broken drivers' side seat controls module, and replaced all of the bulbs in the rear of the car- including the license plate bulbs, and the drat thing is still bitching about a bulb out. I must have a weak ground, but I can't find it- I've done the alligator clip test, and it's still bitching.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Horny cars go beep beep when you blow them

:toot:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Seminal Flu posted:

Mother.

Fucker.

Holy loving poo poo. I am genuinely speechless.

What this thing designed by the 1995 Toyota rally team?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Maintenance came by and installed a new lock on my patio door. Yay!

Went outside for a bit.. came back in.. fucker wouldn't lock. Not yay! Spent about 20 minutes getting everything to line up just right on the drat thing. I don't think he tightened everything down when he installed it. Also didn't help that the door itself is beat to poo poo. Had to redo the alarm contact positioning on it too, alarm kept thinking the door was open after it was all said and done unless you left the door open just a hair.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

West SAAB Story posted:

So, I did a bodge on the drat hood release cable to get it back to functional, fixed the broken drivers' side seat controls module, and replaced all of the bulbs in the rear of the car- including the license plate bulbs, and the drat thing is still bitching about a bulb out. I must have a weak ground, but I can't find it- I've done the alligator clip test, and it's still bitching.

Sounds like your car is the motoring equivalent of the Trump administration.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
when can we talk about cars again eh? Hmmmm

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796080&userid=209192
(that's JUST THIS THREAD)

how about actual car related threads that aren't the chat thread? Oh

West SAAB Story posted:

I'm the awkward "censor" slider

West SAAB Story posted:

Ahh, it's good to be home.. you just can't BUY this kind of attention. :smug:

West SAAB Story posted:

im the guy wearing a striped shirt :smug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo

I know I am playing into your brain damaged attention whore game by responding to your asshattery for once, but - bugger off. First of all, this is the chat thread, second, you only come into it bitching about talking about cars again when people are ragging on Trump, third, you seem to be fine with talking about dishwashers in here yourself, so go look in the mirror.

PS: can you guys stop quoting Viggen? It's bad enough when 50% of a thread page is "this user is on your ignore list" notifications to scroll past.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
happy friday :toot:

someone find me doors for the fuckus

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Making fun of someone's brain damage is super not cool

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

kastein posted:

I know I am playing into your brain damaged attention whore game by responding to your asshattery for once, but - bugger off. First of all, this is the chat thread, second, you only come into it bitching about talking about cars again when people are ragging on Trump, third, you seem to be fine with talking about dishwashers in here yourself, so go look in the mirror.

Maybe one of these decades you'll install a dishwasher. You're welcome.

Also, at least one of those was my failed TT-esque "pluggin' the holes" post, and you know it, but hey, good for you for trying to emptyquote. I never expected that from you.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I've known Ken for 20+ years. He's always been a bit aspie. It's cool. Thanks, though. I'm sorry/happy for you about your mum.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Dear local junkyard:

Please unfuck your website. It's been down for like 2 loving months.

Sincerely,
A dude on the constant hunt for parts

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

funny Star Wars parody posted:

If you'll notice, I don't do this often, only when he decides to be a dick or shits up like every thread at the same time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Dear local junkyard:

Please unfuck your website. It's been down for like 2 loving months.

Sincerely,
A dude on the constant hunt for parts

I wish I even had a local junkyard.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I can't wait till Monday, when my favorite local junkyard will allegedly have all their inventory listed on row52.com :woop:

gonna set up so many vortec, EJ25, and NV4500 donor search alerts :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

kastein posted:

If you'll notice, I don't do this often, only when he decides to be a dick or shits up like every thread at the same time.

Just gently caress off and block me. We have nothing to share, and there is no love loss. Kisses.

• Locked thread