Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Huh. So there it is. Star Marine is a thing. A fairly generic thing that I got bored watching after a minute or so, but it does exist.

What say you Derek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

gently caress is there nothing sacred?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. So there it is. Star Marine is a thing. A fairly generic thing that I got bored watching after a minute or so, but it does exist.

What say you Derek?

derek is shook, and clearly speechless

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What say you Derek?

Well, in his defence, it is still only playable for short times, on a LAN with a dedicated server, and no more than a handful of players. So, yea, I guess you could call that "existence".)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheAgent posted:

why does every person that loves SC also love every other poo poo mmo out there

wtf is wrong with y'all

This is a way back, but I got you here:

They were in a good MMO once. No MMO since has filled that void. It has destroyed their standards. Now anything will do. Anything.

I'm 29. I totally spent way too much money on dumb video game poo poo, but my crushing regrets are to the tune of hundreds that I would LOVE to have back right now since I'm flat loving broke and I've lost my job.

Hearing someone throw away $6K when they're a teenager like it's nothing is just painful.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ripptide posted:

Well, in his defence, it is still only playable for short times, on a LAN with a dedicated server, and no more than a handful of players. So, yea, I guess you could call that "existence".)

His original Tweet was that it wouldn't appear.

Also the Prowler is hilarious. They stole the ground effect domes from The Matrix. Plus it's hundreds of dollars for a specialized ship filling a role that CIG never promised gameplay for.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like even if it's fake, just the idea is killing me dead and oh my god I misread the remaining page amount, you fuckers need to post slower

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

DapperDon posted:

gently caress is there nothing sacred?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

His original Tweet was that it wouldn't appear.

D_Smart posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Calling them out like this is great. If you're proven right then it's a huge blow to CIG.

Of course if you're wrong then they'll point to it every time they need to discredit you.

Fun times either way!
Yeah those morons will clearly miss the may not and developing story words in there. But who cares? They will still spazz anyway. So it's all good.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What say you Derek?

Looks cobbled together from generic code specifically to distract shitizens and react to Derek. If that's more than a few months old work I'm an iguana. I'd love to know what the engine is, it doesn't look Crytek to me.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Do their streams have such low fps or is the game so janky ?? Watching this makes me dizzy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chin posted:

Yeah those morons will clearly miss the may not and developing story words in there. But who cares? They will still spazz anyway. So it's all good.
[/quote]

Since when has anyone given a poo poo about weasel words?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Since when has anyone given a poo poo about weasel words?

I'll take "When they agree with my argument" for 600, Alex.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Don't you dare sully the good name of the UD-4L Cheyenne by associating it with this garbo game :colbert:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What say you Derek?

Can't speak for Derek but I for one think they did a hell of a job mashing together default CryEngine animations and the janky physics and gunplay already on display in the PU in the couple months it's been since CitCon.

Because if you think that Star Marine footage was anything other than some slapped-together poo poo they did in a full-on panic after CitCon sucked, just lol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Materix, from the RSI forums, showed up on Discord

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 19, 2016

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Midnight Voyager posted:

This is a way back, but I got you here:

They were in a good MMO once. No MMO since has filled that void. It has destroyed their standards. Now anything will do. Anything.

I'm 29. I totally spent way too much money on dumb video game poo poo, but my crushing regrets are to the tune of hundreds that I would LOVE to have back right now since I'm flat loving broke and I've lost my job.

Hearing someone throw away $6K when they're a teenager like it's nothing is just painful.

Seeing as that was neither a teenager, a girl, or even probably a Norwegian, there was probably not $6000 either.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Can't speak for Derek but I for one think they did a hell of a job mashing together default CryEngine animations and the janky physics and gunplay already on display in the PU in the couple months it's been since CitCon.

Because if you think that Star Marine footage was anything other than some slapped-together poo poo they did in a full-on panic after CitCon sucked, just lol

Yea, and while I'm sure it was coincidence, a lot of it did kind of remind me of the Illfonic demo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ripptide posted:

Yea, and while I'm sure it was coincidence, a lot of it did kind of remind me of the Illfonic demo

Sure, minus all the cool poo poo like cover mechanics, deployable shields, hauling hurt buddies away, different types of grenades, and any sense of speed or weight.

But hey, they had breakable space glass.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mirificus posted:

Of all the "logical" posters. Materix, definition of retard, is the dumbest (and now the one I suspect to be a pedo).

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What say you Derek?
if you think this will soon exist in backers hands I have a homestead to sell you

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mirificus posted:

why...

why did he go there instantly... :pedo:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What does it [Sandi's safety pin] even mean? :confused:

It's supposed to mean you're not a racist/bigot and therefore people from marginalized groups are "safe" with you.

It is the single dumbest and most egregious piece of nonsense I have seen in a long time, and the idea that anyone fleeing harassment or persecution would be "safe" with Sandi, who would bite her twin sister's head off if it got her a six-line part on a basic cable soap opera, is completely ridiculous.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What does it even mean? :confused:

orcinus posted:

I don't know, but if HuffPo had to publish a 10-screen long article about it, i'm sure it's dumb.

It's apparently a symbol of solidarity with all the people who are are probably super worried about what Trump is going to do them because they're gay/trans/ethnic. A sort of quiet way of letting these people know it's okay, you're one of the good people. I guess?

Thing is, before that it was how you let people know you were a gay dude up for safe sex (along with handkerchief related symbols that defined a lot more stuff). Left side for a top looking for safe sex, right side for a bottom looking for safe sex. I think it was mostly hooked to the pants instead of the shirt though.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MeLKoR posted:

Full Burn

Missed the fabulous stream due to um real life stuff. What the hell led up to the green screen poo poo before this look?

Christ, been married 20+ years or so following the typical relationship woes everyone encounters. Definitely not a stranger to the woman scorned look, but my god, that fucker is on a new level of hatred. Essence of pure evil.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

if you think this will soon exist in backers hands I have a homestead to sell you

How's the !raffle coming?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

trucutru posted:

Of all the "logical" posters. Materix, definition of retard, is the dumbest (and now the one I suspect to be a pedo).

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5dqxpe/dear_chriscigmarketingwhoever_plznovotes/
http://archive.is/CC63o#selection-3509.0-3521.341

quote:

Now over the years I've been watching as you grew, I've fought off people who have called Star Citizen a "con job so Chris can gently caress off to his private island", I've defended SC when people say it will never reach any of it's scope goals, I mean when MultiCrew came out that was SUCH a relief because there were so many friends and strangers I made a point of linking that video to

Let's fast forward to tonight. I knew the stream was coming, I was waiting for what ships would be listed last night, so when I got the email today that the stream had begun I jumped over to the store and saw the Idris-P was for sale, $1,300 and only 104 left (I mean, I was pretty quick on getting there all things considered with your super slowed down site). I naturally had a full on anxiety attack, opened myhanger in a second tab and melted everything I could as fast as possible all while in the other tab racing towards Check Out, only to get the $1,300 in store credit and having the check out page say "cannot use store credits with warbond someshit".

Now, I'm pretty loving drunk right now because I'm not much of a drinker and I just finished off my 5th of Jack, so please pardon me when I say this;

You are absolute ASSHOLES, for doing this two months in a row now with the capital ship sales. You purposefully create a sense of urgency with these mother loving sales, know FULL well people will melt everything they have to grab them (Polaris/Idris/Jav), and then say "Oooooooooops! No can use store credits, we want your REAL money!" which leaves a player in a sense of panic, do they use real money to get that ship they really wanted, or do they sit there with their worthless money they have previously invested in your game knowing they just melted poo poo they can't even loving buy back with the credits you gave them, because "YOU WANT THIS PLEDGE BACK? YOU GIVE US MORE REAL MONIES!?!?"
I'm a mix between heart broken and loving furious. I don't know whether to care enough to try to get an Idris when the "200" of them go on sale for store credits Sunday, or just loving stop watching Star Citizen entirely because I just melted everything I own including a Hull numbered Polaris trying to get an Idris finally after 3 years.

If you're CIG, Stop being assholes. Some of us gave everything we could give a long time ago when you really needed it, and now you're treating us like just another bitch. I believed in Star Citizen so much that I sold things that were extremely sentimental to invest in this game because I REALLY REALLY wanted to see it made. Stop stabbing my loving heart, plz....

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

How's the !raffle coming?
I've sent anyone that entered a letter from the chairman

unfortunately CIG stumbled over the extremely low bar set for them, so no planet coaster key :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

quote:

I believed in Star Citizen so much that I sold things that were extremely sentimental to invest in this game because I REALLY REALLY wanted to see it made

hahhahahaha

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sudden death mode

http://i.imgur.com/QflTM2j.mp4

And the tossing

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I've sent anyone that entered a letter from the chairman

unfortunately CIG stumbled over the extremely low bar set for them, so no planet coaster key :(

Well that's just great. Thanks for starting CoasterGate. Hope you are happy.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MedicineHut posted:

I am the panicked rushed camera switch after realizing the current view is 5 fps

in LAN

Wait one bloody minute! That means private servers are IN!

It's all over, boys and girls, we were defeated!

And as soon as I finish downloading it on my slowass DSL, I will be enjoying the free Overwatch weekend. Only 7 something gigs folks!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The lighting is superb

http://i.imgur.com/O9c8nW2.mp4

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's supposed to mean you're not a racist/bigot and therefore people from marginalized groups are "safe" with you.

It is the single dumbest and most egregious piece of nonsense I have seen in a long time, and the idea that anyone fleeing harassment or persecution would be "safe" with Sandi, who would bite her twin sister's head off if it got her a six-line part on a basic cable soap opera, is completely ridiculous.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's apparently a symbol of solidarity with all the people who are are probably super worried about what Trump is going to do them because they're gay/trans/ethnic. A sort of quiet way of letting these people know it's okay, you're one of the good people. I guess?

Thing is, before that it was how you let people know you were a gay dude up for safe sex (along with handkerchief related symbols that defined a lot more stuff). Left side for a top looking for safe sex, right side for a bottom looking for safe sex. I think it was mostly hooked to the pants instead of the shirt though.

Lol, yeah, Sandi. Pube-shaver Extraordinaire and not-so-scapegoaty head of [inserted whatever department she's supposed to work in] that manages to get rid of ethnic people and women from the various "shows" they put out weekly.

Crush Boss
Nov 25, 2010

Don't let children breath your smoke
Welcome to "Twitch Fails" Sandi, something to add to the resume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a1hxU63g0c&t=165s

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Don't you dare sully the good name of the UD-4L Cheyenne by associating it with this garbo game :colbert:

Don't you dare sully the good name of Greta Garbo by associating her with Chris Roberts dreamscam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I missed the live streams, but was keeping up with the thread.

What happened to the comically over sized cheque someone was talking about for 30k?

Also that glare of Sandi's is sublime, how the backers still think she is anything but what her own face portrays is beyond me

• Locked thread