Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

We have a dozen new ship variants, buy with cash and get a complimentary shamwow.

Please, you Goony pleb. It's the Best drat Space Shamwow Ever!

I got nothin' on space Shamwow cats, but this. I will be damned if I will be accused of shirking my duty to the thread. DAMNED I SAY!

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Crush Boss posted:

Welcome to "Twitch Fails" Sandi, something to add to the resume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a1hxU63g0c&t=165s

:laffo:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Sure, minus all the cool poo poo like cover mechanics, deployable shields, hauling hurt buddies away, different types of grenades, and any sense of speed or weight.

But hey, they had breakable space glass.

And great indoor/outdoor flow to there space base thingy.

No to mention, that harshness of the shadows/lack of radiant light/dynamic light. (poor art style, poor design for the gameplay)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's apparently a symbol of solidarity with all the people who are are probably super worried about what Trump is going to do them because they're gay/trans/ethnic. A sort of quiet way of letting these people know it's okay, you're one of the good people. I guess?

Thing is, before that it was how you let people know you were a gay dude up for safe sex (along with handkerchief related symbols that defined a lot more stuff). Left side for a top looking for safe sex, right side for a bottom looking for safe sex. I think it was mostly hooked to the pants instead of the shirt though.

Except this was never really used in the gay community ever. I never even heard of this nonsense until the latest craze. It's about as truthful as those colored bracelets kids wore 10 years ago about their sex lives or whatever.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

And my favourite. Can you spot anything wrong in this fragment?

http://i.imgur.com/a2aKGAM.mp4

Daffan
Feb 24, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Things missing from Star Marine:

- Cover
- Vaulting
- Gadgets
- Dragging your hurt buddy away
- Functioning grenade physics
- Getting wounded in your leg and not being able to walk
- Commandos staying on the ground
- Melee animation

Anything else?

-Fun

never mind i'm slow and unfunny

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

Sudden death mode

http://i.imgur.com/QflTM2j.mp4

And the tossing

Oh, don't forget the bit where one commando was shooting the other entirely unresponsive commando as he drifted by him in space.

Edit: Nevermind SelenicMartian got it.

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 19, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

crashing to desktop is in

I was so worried my favorite feature would get canned. Now time to pledge $NaN more to show my love of this amazing project!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

And my favourite. Can you spot anything wrong in this fragment?

http://i.imgur.com/a2aKGAM.mp4

I was wondering this during the stream. Is that dude just caught/frozen in space? They never went back to him or his position - or if they did, he jumped out/revived elsewhere.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Did we break a 40 year old guy playing a long game 18 year old Norwegian girl? Deloria come back your poo poo was funny.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
on a final note

get a refund

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

TheAgent posted:

on a final note

get a refund

nah this looks too good.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010

jaegerx posted:

Did we break a 40 year old guy playing a long game 18 year old Norwegian girl? Deloria come back your poo poo was funny.

Deloria claimed she was being harassed and doxxed so I don't think she(he) is coming back. Which is kind of a shame because she was actually pretty decent at rolling with those punches.

SM desperately needs a flashlight.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
also just a reminder that TheAgent posted this in mid-August

quote:

all the [redacted] dudes are on the take from RSI, except there's a problem with getting paid (I think the top guy from redacted is taking most of it, honestly)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i think its safe to say that today cig managed to securely shut down derek smart, eightace, the agent, beer and pgabz. this thread should be moved to concern

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Is Star Citizen out yet?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Is there more hilarity tomorrow?

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
My god... people are still forking over thousands they can't afford to this tire fire shitshow. I've got a lot to catch up on, yet nothing's really changed.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

can you imagine watching this and thinking "yes ill give them a few hundred dollars more" because i cannot

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

can you imagine watching this and thinking "yes ill give them a few hundred dollars more" because i cannot

But you're not trying to justify the hundreds you've already spent to yourself. After all, goons could be right. Derek Smart could be right. The horror....

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

LastCaress posted:

I could really use a Planet Coaster :O Such a lovely day today :S

Same here. Had to work, so I missed all of the fun. Lied on Reddit about watching the stream because of work.

(Love the avvie, BTW.)

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Just caught up. :haw:

Somebody do the Sandi Scowl backward, with the Derek-face tickler behind her so it looks like she's getting happier.

Also, my assumption about the progress chart (and Roberts' lengthy chairman letter) is that they're hoping it puts to rest all the recent discontent. There's no way 2.6 is honestly targeted for December 8th. They're just expecting that the usual "dangle a new feature/module just out of reach" tactic will keep this sale from cratering. If pressed, they'll update it once or twice before never mentioning it again and letting shitizens memory-hole it, just like the weekly Star Marine updates that they promised 18 months ago. I think they did them for two months before before giving up entirely.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is the chart using British date order for everyone or is it being smart and adjusting for region?

I ask because no shitizen has gone "hey that says the 12th of August 2016 where's the loving patch" which I would have expected from at least one of them because they're all mentally challenged.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Wise Learned Man posted:

Also, my assumption about the progress chart (and Roberts' lengthy chairman letter) is that they're hoping it puts to rest all the recent discontent.

Yeah, it's just the equivalent BS to the funding tracker, another attempt to invent progress and satisfy the whales need for debating points.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Tokamak posted:

So about that 2.6 schedule:
They want to so desperately get 2.6 out before Chrismas that none of it makes sense. Major features that have ETA's which are after the patch goes into testing. For example why is the networking code only going in the final couple days of the Evocati test period, and network code 'stretch goals' (cut features) being worked on up to release? What is the point of Evocati and PTU testing if features are coming in so hot that they won't make it until release? Wouldn't that poo poo need to you know... be tested? Now you might think something like the Grim Hex bar (2nd December) wouldn't need any testing, but when 2.5 went to Evocati, there were so many clipping bugs in Grim Hex, that it was difficult to walk from place to place.

That is as much of an 'internal' schedule as the Homestead demo was 3.0. Ben/community management got a list of features and estimated deadlines like they do for the monthly reports, and inputted them into whatever project tracking software they are using to make a nice looking chart. Notice how they are labelled with the headings used in the report. Why is there a single bar labelled 'code', or 'UI', or 'Drake Herald'? Where are the actual details that developers or project managers need to track? It's some Chris levels of handwaving. At least when 2.6 enters Evocati and PTU we can start to get an idea of how wrong their estimates are merely weeks (not months) out from release.

This.

They put little thought in the planning, and it shows. It is exclusively made for the eyes of the public. It is of zero practical use to them.

Or they don't know how to use JIRA productively at all.

I doubt they are going to weekly update that.

Either backers/ Citizens have asked for this, or they read our discussion here about other open development projects showing their detailed tasks and roadmaps (via their bug/ task tracking tools).

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have finally caught up, what the hell hath CiG wrought.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I can't gif it; probably someone else can. I noticed it in the live stream, but I didn't see anyone pointing this out. Was this something expected to happen? It looks like a marine is T-posing in front of a terminal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-MF7xYMB0A&t=6824s

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

So, a question.

They introduced 4 new ship skins in the game. As we have seen in the video, those "variants" are predominantly simple skin and loadout changes.

Then, they decided to sell them on the Anniversary sale.

The first one coming out is this one:

that gets this "variant", with LTI.

For cash only. And then a version that can be bought via store credits.

Didn't CR himself say today that "these cash sales will focus on newly introduced concept ships and top tier limited capital ships"? So is the Valiant a newly introduced concept ship now?

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 19, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Got it all recorded. Gotta sort through it all and will try to put together a highlight of all of he funny stuff and bugs throughout the entire stream. Will be a few days though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Don't laugh at him or you gonna git it.

quote:

Thanks fuckface, good job having no concept of where I was emotionally or mentally at the time after getting out of the Army on a medical discharge after spending nearly 7 years watching friends get killed and shooting Hajj in the face. GG you're cool on Reddit

It isn't, just like it isn't your problem or concern how I finance space ships, sooooooo.........gently caress off much?

jaegerx posted:

He's too busy congratulating herself on how C.Roberts listened to him.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 19, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dante80 posted:

Didn't CR himself say today that "these cash sales will focus on newly introduced concept ships and top tier limited capital ships"? So is the Valiant a newly introduced concept ship now?

Yes and yes. Also yes.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Star Citizen: the first truly post-fact gaming experience.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Tokamak posted:

So about that 2.6 schedule:
They want to so desperately get 2.6 out before Chrismas that none of it makes sense. Major features that have ETA's which are after the patch goes into testing. For example why is the networking code only going in the final couple days of the Evocati test period, and network code 'stretch goals' (cut features) being worked on up to release? What is the point of Evocati and PTU testing if features are coming in so hot that they won't make it until release? Wouldn't that poo poo need to you know... be tested? Now you might think something like the Grim Hex bar (2nd December) wouldn't need any testing, but when 2.5 went to Evocati, there were so many clipping bugs in Grim Hex, that it was difficult to walk from place to place.

That is as much of an 'internal' schedule as the Homestead demo was 3.0. Ben/community management got a list of features and estimated deadlines like they do for the monthly reports, and inputted them into whatever project tracking software they are using to make a nice looking chart. Notice how they are labelled with the headings used in the report. Why is there a single bar labelled 'code', or 'UI', or 'Drake Herald'? Where are the actual details that developers or project managers need to track? It's some Chris levels of handwaving. At least when 2.6 enters Evocati and PTU we can start to get an idea of how wrong their estimates are merely weeks (not months) out from release.

Yes, it seems to be primarily a crap way to simply refactor the way they totally do not want to give out promises on dates. None of those bars can be checked and controlled by the backers at all. Only the evocati, PTU and actual release milestones.

Exactly my kind of game developer, elusive and inventive. The goal is obvious, short term maximizing of community "trust" via total "transparency" so they can be squeezed out of as much pledging dosh as possible in the most important funding season of the year.

I suspect this schedule will probably have a slow death as backers realize, with time, that it is as useless and empty as Chris estimates. But as long as it can work its magic helping pledges during the holiday season over the next 4-6 weeks it would have served its purpose. If it needs to be scrapped after the new year, then it is all good.

To start with it seems the schedule has already busted one core element. Evocati 2.6 according to it was supposed to have started yesterday. False and misleading advertising has never seen so much abuse in all marketing history. It is really amazing they can get away with it so easily.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 19, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

Love the fake tat.

Well, I imagine Community Management is part of Marketing, and he is learning from the best saleswoman ever since she was a little girl. In that situation, wouldn't you?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

MedicineHut posted:

Yes, it seems to be primarily a crap way to simply refactor the way they totally do not want to give out promises on dates. None of those bars can be checked and controlled by the backers at all. Only the evocati, PTU and actual release milestones.

Exactly my kind of game developer, elusive and inventive. The goal is obvious, short term maximizing of community "trust" via total "transparency" so they can be squeezed out of as much pledging dosh as possible in the most important funding season of the year.

I suspect this schedule will probably have a slow death as backers realize, with time, that it is as useless and empty as Chris estimates. But as long as it can work its magic helping pledges during the holiday season over the next 4-6 weeks it would have served its purpose. If it needs to be scrapped after the new year, then it is all good.

To start with it seems the schedule has already busted one core element. Evocati 2.6 according to it was supposed to have started yesterday. False and misleading advertising has never seen so much abuse in all marketing history. It is really amazing they can get away with it so easily.

Development on Star Marine starting on the 10th of October is the only plausible part of that chart.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc&t=185s

:eyepop:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Look! A Horse! posted:

Deloria claimed she was being harassed and doxxed so I don't think she(he) is coming back. Which is kind of a shame because she was actually pretty decent at rolling with those punches.

Deloria was not harassed, Deloria was not doxxed. Deloria freaked the gently caress out because of an Irish guy in his 40's making two jokes in 6000+ page thread about an Irish guy in his 40's.

Also if anyone is receiving private messages from Deloria here, my advice would be to think very carefully before replying to someone engaged in deceptions that last years.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Having just caught up through skimming, Star Marine didn't look like the usual dumpster fire of broken rear end poo poo that they usually show. It didn't look like it offers anything new or interesting or fun, but it seems to be a basic team on team shooter. I gotta saw, good on CIG for finally managing to put out a FPS in a FPS engine after half a decade of work and $130 million!

On the other hand, Sandi and the green screen is just the gift that will keep giving for ages.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

flyboi posted:

Except this was never really used in the gay community ever. I never even heard of this nonsense until the latest craze. It's about as truthful as those colored bracelets kids wore 10 years ago about their sex lives or whatever.

You're wrong but I think the Star Citizen thread is probably the wrong place to argue about poo poo people did in the 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

e: drat I'm stupid

tuo fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 19, 2016

• Locked thread